Why are Death and Decay servers dead?

Off-topic chat. Real talk.
Sasser
Registered just to make one post

Why are Death and Decay servers dead?

Post by Sasser » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:12 pm

It's a great RPG, I don't see a reason for those servers to die out. Combine it with a compatible map pack and it's a great time.

TDRR
Forum Regular

Re: Why are Death and Decay servers dead?

Post by TDRR » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:11 pm

It's because everyone is playing the same mods over and over again (Brutal Doom, Complex Doom Invasion, Clusterfuck, Megaman 8-bit DM and probably a couple more), those are the only active servers. You will very rarely see other servers (Occasional Jumpmaze, AOW and Deathrun mostly) but this is almost all of the time because of a pre-organized event.
"I will find joy in Yahweh. I will delight in my Elohim. He has dressed me in the clothes of salvation. He has wrapped me in the robe of righteousness like a bridegroom with a priest’s turban, like a bride with her jewels."
-Isaiah 61:10 (Names of God Bible)

Marcaek
Forum Staff

Post by Marcaek » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:40 am

If you'd like to see more DnD servers consider using https://allfearthesentinel.net/ and hosting it by importing someone else's existing DnD config.

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:25 pm

I don't know honestly, I believe I left the mod in an alright state. I was going to add a whole spell system but I decided I need a good amount of time off from the mod before I do that. The whole thing is open source if anyone wants to do interesting things with it though.
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

Samuzero15tlh
Forum Regular
Clan Tag: <skr>

Post by Samuzero15tlh » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:57 am

Marcaek wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:40 am
If you'd like to see more DnD servers consider using https://allfearthesentinel.net/ and hosting it by importing someone else's existing DnD config.
"If a server is'nt up, go host it by yourself."

MSX
New User

Post by MSX » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:38 pm

Guess i will give it a try then. Have to look around for some good wad (i am not sure what to pick yet) and a working config. I think about getting some kind of "event" running, like twice a month when people gather and work togehter on their stats. I am quite sure there must be way to save the individual progress, right ?

@author of DnD: Thanks for your work !! I really like the mod and hope that i can find people to play it together.

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:58 am

MSX wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:38 pm
Guess i will give it a try then. Have to look around for some good wad (i am not sure what to pick yet) and a working config. I think about getting some kind of "event" running, like twice a month when people gather and work togehter on their stats. I am quite sure there must be way to save the individual progress, right ?

@author of DnD: Thanks for your work !! I really like the mod and hope that i can find people to play it together.
Yes there is and it's one of the main features of it. The whole guide on how it works can be found in our discord or the in game menu under "Help" section.

MSX
New User

Post by MSX » Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:25 pm

Ivan wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:58 am
Yes there is and it's one of the main features of it. The whole guide on how it works can be found in our discord or the in game menu under "Help" section.
Ah, great. Thanks for your reply. I was sure about the save Feature, so good to know i was right about it. Could you invite me to your Discord ?

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:45 pm

We have a permanent discord link in the help section as well IIRC but here's a temporary one: https://discord.gg/ZwNkr7