Doom Eternal Is Coming Out Nov 22nd!

Off-topic chat. Real talk.
star treker
New User

Doom Eternal Is Coming Out Nov 22nd!

Post by star treker » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:07 pm

So, all of you Doom fans out there, I was wondering what you guys think of the new Doom Eternal game that is going to be coming out this November 22nd?

I've been a die-hard fan of Doom ever since the original DOS release. These days though, I don't play the crappy graphics of the original games. I play Brutal Doom version 21, and wow what an improvement over the last version 20 installment! So much fun to play the original Doom1 Doom2 and Final Doom with all the added gore and hilarity! :biggrin:

I have an Acer V3-771G Quad I7 2.2GHZ - 3GHZ, notebook with upgraded 16GB of RAM, and a 512GB SSD drive. Its got a outdated Nvidia 640M GPU, and my computer can barely play Doom 2016! I'm not going to bother dumping a whopping 60 bucks into Doom Eternal right away cause I seriously doubt my notebook will be able to play it lol. :lol:

Zakken
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Clan: Power Fragging
Clan Tag: [PF]

Re: Doom Eternal Is Coming Out Nov 22nd!

Post by Zakken » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:06 am

I don't really understand this thread. It appears to be a Doom Eternal hype thread, but you spend most of the OP ragging on classic Doom's "crappy graphics" while fanboying over Brutal Doom instead. Also, Doom Eternal was delayed to March 20th, 2020.

Sadly, I'm sure I won't be able to run the new game. Perhaps it's time for me to actually save up for new PC parts...

star treker
New User

Post by star treker » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:26 pm

Oh wow, you completely missunderstood my thread dude. I did not intend on creating a hype thread, nor spamming the website, which is why you don't see a link to Doom Eternal in my thread. I am just a bit excited about this new Doom, and I was curious as to what other's think about it, who might have also watched the E3 trailers.

And its not that I hate the original Doom. I love the original Doom dude, its what got me into first person shooters from the get go. Its just that I am not into the crappy graphics of the original NON-MODIFIED understand? I am pretty sure I said in my thread that I enjoy playing the original games, but in Brutal Doom, that means MODIFIED. Its better graphics, better animations, more gore, everything is better.

PS: Sucks to be the new kid

Fused
Contributor

Post by Fused » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:38 pm

My mods
Image Image

My socials
Image Image

star treker
New User

Post by star treker » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:40 pm

I wonder if thats because they included that battle mode feature for online play and needed time to balance the difficulty and work out the bugs. I am really enjoying Brutal Doom version 21 guys, what an experience, the kind your mother doesn't want you to have lol. :lol:

TDRR
Forum Regular

Post by TDRR » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:27 am

I saw the trailers and they are pretty neat, i'm excited for Doom Eternal despite the fact i won't be able to run it (Not even get into the menu) but at least i can be happy we will certainly get a gameplay mod for ZDoom that's based on DE :D

Also, unrelated question but why do you say BDv21 has "better graphics"? It looks just the same as Classic Doom and in no way i would consider it a graphical improvement. I also really don't understand this overglorification it keeps getting, i enjoy Brutal Doom too but to be honest it gets old after a while and there's many other mods that are just mindblowing.
"I will find joy in Yahweh. I will delight in my Elohim. He has dressed me in the clothes of salvation. He has wrapped me in the robe of righteousness like a bridegroom with a priest’s turban, like a bride with her jewels."
-Isaiah 61:10 (Names of God Bible)

star treker
New User

Post by star treker » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:45 am

TDRR wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:27 am
I saw the trailers and they are pretty neat, i'm excited for Doom Eternal despite the fact i won't be able to run it (Not even get into the menu) but at least i can be happy we will certainly get a gameplay mod for ZDoom that's based on DE :D

Also, unrelated question but why do you say BDv21 has "better graphics"? It looks just the same as Classic Doom and in no way i would consider it a graphical improvement. I also really don't understand this overglorification it keeps getting, i enjoy Brutal Doom too but to be honest it gets old after a while and there's many other mods that are just mindblowing.
Hi TDRR! :doom:

I think a lot of us are in the same boat as to not being able to play Doom Eternal when it comes out. Hey, can you please tell me more about this Doom Eternal gameplay mod for Zdoom? I haven't heard about this yet, would love to learn more.

Well, I don't just have Brutal Doom version 21, I have also added the high resolution texture packs, as well as the Doom Metal Volume 4 music files mod. So for me, it looks a lot better then the original. But of course if you want the full experience, you have to set the graphics options based on what your computer can handle. I pretty much have all my graphics settings maxed out for Brutal Doom, and am taking full effect of the modified lighting. Its got a lot of options you can set so just look around. :happyface:

Plus, I love all the extra gore in the game, the glory kills you can do, and the funny stuff that the marines say in it. Version 20 was starting to get old for me. But I just discovered version 21 this week and I been binge playing it lol. :doom: