Should Edd be unbanned from the forums?

Off-topic chat. Real talk.
The Toxic Avenger
Forum Staff
Clan: ???
Clan Tag: [???]

Re: Should Edd be unbanned from the forums?

Post by The Toxic Avenger » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:24 pm

https://zandronum.com/forum/search.php? ... 1&sr=posts
Who then evaded moderation with this: https://zandronum.com/forum/memberlist. ... ile&u=3328

Are you really sure you want to free this? Jen BTW I see through your dumb meme, nice try but unlike edd Decay has a brain!

Tenchu
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Clan: Lost Faction
Clan Tag: LF

Post by Tenchu » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:43 pm

To be fair, that ban evasion took place the very next day after the ban, which was well over two years ago and he hasn't tried to ban evade since. I think it's a bit excessive to continue justifying a permanent ban after so much time because of such a minor infraction.

Jenova's memes aside, Edd does has the support of the majority of the community as clearly seen in the replies to this thread. As Razgriz and others have pointed out he can remain under long-term post moderation like Decay now is, I see no reason why he shouldn't be allowed another chance after so much time.

HateDaddy

Post by HateDaddy » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:11 pm

Zakken wrote:
HateDaddy wrote:"Edd hurt my feelings on the internet so I must keep his suspension permanent because it maintains my dwindling confidence"

#FreeRedHeadEdd
In TTA's defence, many of Edd's posts were borderline spam and contributed nothing to otherwise serious threads. Sad as it might sound, he had it coming.
Honestly I think banning anyone for "low IQ" or "borderline spam" posts is stupid, especially in a dying community. Banning should really only be reserved for heinous acts like excessive personal attacks, doxxing, racial slurs etc. I really don't care what happens because I'm just here to troll but if you want my serious opinion, there it is.

HateDaddy

Post by HateDaddy » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:14 pm

The Toxic Avenger wrote:https://zandronum.com/forum/search.php? ... 1&sr=posts
Who then evaded moderation with this: https://zandronum.com/forum/memberlist. ... ile&u=3328

Are you really sure you want to free this? Jen BTW I see through your dumb meme, nice try but unlike edd Decay has a brain!
Being serious one last time...

I really don't see anything there that merits a permanent suspension. At most, he makes stupid posts but Edd is fucking retarded and everyone knows it anyway. That's really not much different than 90% of the Doom community.

Jenova
Under Moderation

Post by Jenova » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:40 pm

No brain? Sounds like he'd fit in well on the Zandronum staff right alongside you TTA.

I don't see why this is so controversial anyways, all Edd does is post dumb shit. It's not like he even harasses other people. If he does stupid again then you simply re-ban him. He's been banned twice as long as Decay and doesn't start drama.

Catastrophe
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Catastrophe » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:43 pm

edd plays runescape and thats cool so he should be unbanned

On a serious note: My post from Decays thread still stands. No one should be permabanned. Edd's ban should've been one year, and evading would be another, which is two years. So its pretty much over now since he's been banned since July 2015.

Ru5tK1ng
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by Ru5tK1ng » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:53 pm

HateDaddy wrote:

I really don't see anything there that merits a permanent suspension. At most, he makes stupid posts but Edd is fucking retarded and everyone knows it anyway. That's really not much different than 90% of the Doom community.
Keeping the retards out and chasing them off is why things are peaceful.

HateDaddy

Post by HateDaddy » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:09 pm

Ru5tK1ng wrote:
HateDaddy wrote:

If that's the case then moderation has done a dreadful job. It's still plenty retarded here because communities are typically made up mostly of morons. That's why it's dumb to ban people for being fucktarded.

Ru5tK1ng

Post by Ru5tK1ng » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:33 pm

HateDaddy wrote:
Ru5tK1ng wrote:
HateDaddy wrote:

If that's the case then moderation has done a dreadful job. It's still plenty retarded here because communities are typically made up mostly of morons. That's why it's dumb to ban people for being fucktarded.
And you're an expert around here during your first week how interesting. Care to share some examples?

John Zombie
Forum Regular

Post by John Zombie » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:51 pm

Jenova wrote: No brain? Sounds like he'd fit in well on the Zandronum staff right alongside you TTA.
How ironic, you pulled quite a show last year claiming the staff is biased towards A3, yet you keep getting away with posts like the above against staff members ???

We're sorry that things didn't go your way during Jenobyl (not really), but it's time for you to acknowledge you're not any less moronic than the people you're trying to get unbanned as some sort of bad meme.
It's not 2012 anymore, just get over it

Jenova
Under Moderation

Post by Jenova » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:17 pm

What a shocker that John Zombie posts when retards are brought up...
How ironic, you pulled quite a show last year claiming the staff is biased towards A3, yet you keep getting away with posts like the above against staff members ???
Getting away with what? He said the exact same thing about Edd. ???

Mobius
Banned
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: Aᵌ
Banned: Permanently

Post by Mobius » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:56 pm

Jenova wrote:What a shocker that John Zombie posts when retards are brought up...
Jenova wrote:I don't want to accuse anyone of anything but... A forum staff member pushing for permanent post moderation where they would be able to control the narrative...
Threadly reminder that jenova has flamed and violated the rules multiple times without penalty since Jenobyl.

Code: Select all

<+Jenova> themistercat
<+Jenova> most useful admins 2016
<+Jenova> good job

<+Jenova> i think this would go a lot smoother if i didnt call the staff retarded all the time imo

[17:49] <Jenova> mifu is probably the worst of them all
[17:49] <Mobius> I got banned for bringing it up the next day
[17:49] <Jenova> he has good intentions
[17:49] <Jenova> but the dude literally cannot think for himself
[17:49] <Jenova> hes like an upgraded TTA

[17:53] <Mobius> mifu kind of tried to tell AVC to relax
[17:53] <Mobius> but he didn't
[17:53] <Mobius> so he was like fuck this
[17:53] <Mobius> going to lunch
[17:53] <Jenova> yes
[17:53] <Mobius> and Mistercat didn't care
[17:53] <Jenova> thats why mifu is retarded
[17:53] <Jenova> and tmc
I wonder if there's a bias going on after all?

dewsome: i can do this all day
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
<+Thomas13> Mobius u r inferior, go outside and get beaten up
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

John Zombie
Forum Regular

Post by John Zombie » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:04 pm

Jenova wrote:What a shocker that John Zombie posts when retards are brought up...
Unlike your gratuitous insults, dr. noob being a borderline retard is an indisputable truth.
Carry on with your pointless crusade nonetheless :cool:

Jenova
Under Moderation

Post by Jenova » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:06 pm

A+ logs, strongly stand by each and every one of those statements. Could you add the channels/additional context as well?

I don't think it's against the rules to call people retarded though. And if it is, pretty much any precedent has been shattered by the fact that it literally occurs on a daily basis on both irc and the forums. It's a good thing we don't have Kilgore (who is also retarded, btw) running this community.
[17:49] <Jenova> mifu is probably the worst of them all
[17:49] <Mobius> I got banned for bringing it up the next day
[17:49] <Jenova> he has good intentions
[17:49] <Jenova> but the dude literally cannot think for himself
[17:49] <Jenova> hes like an upgraded TTA
^ that one is the best imo

Galactus
Forum Regular

Post by Galactus » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:10 pm

Goddamn Zandronum forums are on a streak, this has been like the 5th topic involving drama in like the past month. Regardless unban edd for the memes

Ru5tK1ng

Post by Ru5tK1ng » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:33 pm

It's rather ironic how Jenova repeatedly says the staff sucks, can't do their job right etc. He's partly right, if the staff did their job, Jenova would be suspended or banned by now. Come on staff, you heard him, do your job without bias.

Jenova
Under Moderation

Post by Jenova » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:42 pm

Let's not derail this topic though... It's about Edd getting unbanned and not the incompetence of the Zandronum staff.

Sean
IRC Operator

Post by Sean » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:42 pm

Ru5tK1ng wrote:It's rather ironic how Jenova repeatedly says the staff sucks, can't do their job right etc. He's partly right, if the staff did their job, Jenova would be suspended or banned by now. Come on staff, you heard him, do your job without bias.
Can't wait for the Should Jenova be unbanned from the forums? threads if that happens.
<capodecima> i dont say any more word without my loyer jenova

Mobius
Banned
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: Aᵌ
Banned: Permanently

Post by Mobius » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:52 pm

Jenova wrote:A+ logs, strongly stand by each and every one of those statements. Could you add the channels/additional context as well?

I don't think it's against the rules to call people retarded though. And if it is, pretty much any precedent has been shattered by the fact that it literally occurs on a daily basis on both irc and the forums.
Decay was banned for excessive flaming which is what you based this mock thread on. At this point now I am impressed you aren't banned or put on moderation yet.
dewsome: i can do this all day
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
<+Thomas13> Mobius u r inferior, go outside and get beaten up
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

Jenova
Under Moderation

Post by Jenova » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:52 pm

Sean wrote:
Ru5tK1ng wrote:It's rather ironic how Jenova repeatedly says the staff sucks, can't do their job right etc. He's partly right, if the staff did their job, Jenova would be suspended or banned by now. Come on staff, you heard him, do your job without bias.
Can't wait for the Should Jenova be unbanned from the forums? threads if that happens.
My crazy hostile post history speaks for itself...
Mobius wrote:
Jenova wrote:A+ logs, strongly stand by each and every one of those statements. Could you add the channels/additional context as well?

I don't think it's against the rules to call people retarded though. And if it is, pretty much any precedent has been shattered by the fact that it literally occurs on a daily basis on both irc and the forums.
Decay was banned for excessive flaming which is what you based this mock thread on. At this point now I am impressed you aren't banned or put on moderation yet.
Why would I be banned or put on moderation from the forums for making a topic similar to yours to get Edd unbanned? ???