Should Decay be unbanned from the forums?

Off-topic chat. Real talk.
User avatar
Galactus
Forum Regular
Posts: 327
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:22 am
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Should Decay be unbanned from the forums?

#61

Post by Galactus » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:28 am

Okay let's come to a reasonable compromise here, how about we unban decay when 3.0 is released. That way he'll be unbanned soon enough.......

User avatar
Doomkid
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Posts: 883
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:04 am
Location: Aussie Land
Clan: UniDoom
Clan Tag: [UD]
Contact:

Re: Should Decay be unbanned from the forums?

#62

Post by Doomkid » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:11 pm

tfw you like both Decay and Zakken and wish they'd just kiss and make up <3

EDIT: lol idk how people hold on to grudges for so long. I remember back in like 2013 or something I got all shitty and had a rant at Marcaek and Decay and whoever else because I couldn't handle the fact that they didn't like my maps, but like 2 weeks later we all gave 0 fucks and are all on good terms and have been ever since, really. Idk how people can even be bothered to remember/care to hold grudges in the first place especially over harmless shit like name calling. I'd get it over cheating or DDoSing or something but anything short of that isn't even worth considering. (this whole post is probably too offtopic and rambly but that defines my posting anyway so oh well)

User avatar
Leonard
Developer
Posts: 158
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:09 pm

Re: Should Decay be unbanned from the forums?

#63

Post by Leonard » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:40 pm

Mobius wrote:it seems you may exhibit an unhealthy habit of only being active for him. This doesn't necessarily disqualify you but rather.. makes anyone suspicious.
The keyword there being "seems".
It's called a coincidence.
As said before Decay was talked about before this thread and I didn't feel the need to post.
As said before I actually don't mind Decay being unbanned.
And as said before I only came back because directly mentioned.
All the points above would not make any sense if I actually had a vendetta against him like you put it.
What's more likely? Is there an entire conspiracy going on against Decay with me leading the whole thing or did I simply decide to post today because you actually brought me up?
Ru5tK1ng wrote:Considering you were 'praying for' his departure
Again, the post history page is inaccurate and doesn't properly show quotes.
Read the actual post and check with my posting history yourself.
Let me show you a screenshot since that's what seems to be enough to convince you of anything:
chrome_2017-08-30_15-33-41.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Mobius
Posts a lot
Posts: 706
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:43 am
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: Aᵌ
Contact:

Re: Should Decay be unbanned from the forums?

#64

Post by Mobius » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:08 pm

I never said you were against it nor is it a conspiracy. You literally just showed up after having been inactive for a year. The point I made from the original post was that people who are not active or never were that active are one of the bigger pushes for Decay being banned then. Now we have to wait and see if the staff will unban him or not and probably be on probation when he is released.
dewsome: i can do this all day
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
<+Thomas13> Mobius u r inferior, go outside and get beaten up
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

User avatar
Galactus
Forum Regular
Posts: 327
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:22 am
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Should Decay be unbanned from the forums?

#65

Post by Galactus » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:39 pm

He returned after you mentioned his name in your initial post, I doubt he "returned" to the forums because it was a Decay topic but rather because you mentioned him.

User avatar
Leonard
Developer
Posts: 158
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:09 pm

Re: Should Decay be unbanned from the forums?

#66

Post by Leonard » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:44 pm

nax wrote:that the behavior that got him banned in the first place will no longer be an issue.
Well, by the mod's own words it is Decay's own behavior that got him banned and not me or anyone else.
So even if I hypothetically were only there for him your point would hold no value.

User avatar
Ru5tK1ng
Posts a lot
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:04 pm

Re: Should Decay be unbanned from the forums?

#67

Post by Ru5tK1ng » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:01 pm

@Leonard ok big whoop so you weren't praying for Decay's departure. My bad. But my point still stands that you dislike each other and you haven't proven otherwise. Don't even try to contest that point.

If you want a trip down memory lane then: https://zandronum.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 212#p95858

Edit: it's also interesting how you disappeared after your crusade in that topic.

User avatar
Mobius
Posts a lot
Posts: 706
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:43 am
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: Aᵌ
Contact:

Re: Should Decay be unbanned from the forums?

#68

Post by Mobius » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:26 pm

Galactus wrote:He returned after you mentioned his name in your initial post, I doubt he "returned" to the forums because it was a Decay topic but rather because you mentioned him.
Does this imply that for anyone to get Leonard to post nowadays it must be a call out? or does it have to be a call-out involving Decay somewhere? Just curious.
dewsome: i can do this all day
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
<+Thomas13> Mobius u r inferior, go outside and get beaten up
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

User avatar
Leonard
Developer
Posts: 158
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:09 pm

Re: Should Decay be unbanned from the forums?

#69

Post by Leonard » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:27 pm

Ru5tK1ng wrote:But my point still stands that you dislike each other and you haven't proven otherwise. Don't even try to contest that point.

If you want a trip down memory lane then: https://zandronum.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 212#p95858
Yeah all I see is that I was already saying I don't care
Leonard wrote:I personally am not angry at Decay
I really couldn't care less if Decay or someone else started randomly insulting people, what I hated is that the staff didn't do anything at the time.
Leonard wrote:If there's anything that should make me angry, it's how the staff are simply blind to this all.
I couldn't care less either that some random dude from the internet gets unbanned from some random forum about a port of a 20 years old game..
Speaking of memory, do you remember that before this started I had never personally interacted with Decay at all?
Mobius wrote:Does this imply that for anyone to get Leonard to post nowadays it must be a call out?
How about I'll just post whenever I feel like it without some people desperately trying to paint a bad picture of me hating random people I don't know?

We went from discussing if Decay should be unbanned to when should I post...
Please keep your conspiracy theories out of this thread because they add nothing of value to it as said:
Leonard wrote:Well, by the mod's own words it is Decay's own behavior that got him banned and not me or anyone else.
So even if I hypothetically were only there for him your point would hold no value.
And I even said I wouldn't mind Decay getting unbanned.
Can we stop further derailing the thread with irrelevant stuff about my posting activity now?

User avatar
Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum
Posts: 2134
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:38 pm
Location: Omnipresent

Re: Should Decay be unbanned from the forums?

#70

Post by Ivan » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:18 pm

Leonard wrote:Lots of stuff
I just have one question. Why do you feel the need to defend yourself if you know you're right? Why don't you just ignore all the accusations and move on?
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

jwaffe
Forum Regular
Posts: 212
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:45 pm
Location: Just beyond the line horizon
Contact:

Re: Should Decay be unbanned from the forums?

#71

Post by jwaffe » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:37 pm

I think he should be unbanned, he's gotten involved in drama but he gives out decent advice and gives feedback to projects that might not even get any replies at all otherwise (which is worse because then you really have no clue where to go next). Also I'd like to see more dissertations. Aside from that ancient wiki article I don't think anybody really even tried to write guides like that.
Image

User avatar
Ru5tK1ng
Posts a lot
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:04 pm

Re: Should Decay be unbanned from the forums?

#72

Post by Ru5tK1ng » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:48 pm

Leonard wrote:Speaking of memory, do you remember that before this started I had never personally interacted with Decay at all?
Of course. This fact alone made your crusade in the past hilarious.

User avatar
Catastrophe
ZanStuff Reviewer
Posts: 2536
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:44 am
Clan: Incredible

Re: Should Decay be unbanned from the forums?

#73

Post by Catastrophe » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:39 am

Mobius wrote:
Galactus wrote:He returned after you mentioned his name in your initial post, I doubt he "returned" to the forums because it was a Decay topic but rather because you mentioned him.
Does this imply that for anyone to get Leonard to post nowadays it must be a call out? or does it have to be a call-out involving Decay somewhere? Just curious.
Most people will respond when they get mentioned. From a neutral standpoint it looks like a bunch of you are trying to push an agenda on Leonard on the opinion that he's only active on this thread because of Decay when in reality it's actually because he was mentioned.

The best way to prove Leonard has an obsession with Decay would've been to have never mentioned Leonard in the first place and see if he posted. But even then Leonard himself agreed Decay should be unbanned by now, so there's really no issue here.

Additionally if this quote is true then it pretty much ends anything you guys can come up with regarding Leonard's made up obsession with Decay.
Leonard wrote:There have been many mentions of him before today and I didn't post either.
Everyone should just stay on topic instead of this dumb shit.
Youtube Channel
Projects: Super Demon | Idiotic LMS | ZCC | Cata WeaponZ

Currently hooked on Overwatch and PUBattlegrounds.

User avatar
Ru5tK1ng
Posts a lot
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:04 pm

Re: Should Decay be unbanned from the forums?

#74

Post by Ru5tK1ng » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:13 am

Additionally if this quote is true then it pretty much ends anything you guys can come up with regarding Leonard's made up obsession with Decay.
Spoiler: it's not true.

And if it is, no one but him kept count. :rolleyes:

User avatar
Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum
Posts: 3348
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:12 pm
Location: Shpongleland

Re: Should Decay be unbanned from the forums?

#75

Post by Ænima » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:51 am

>actually stop lurking for like 2 days
>log in, click Unread Posts
>an already-4-page-long Decay thread appears


Image
Image ­ ­
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: Doom64 and Diablo2 had a baby


ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community
Squad Radio: a WASD-powered chat menu, add your own sounds
AeniPuffs: neat blood and puff effects

User avatar
Afrit
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon May 13, 2013 1:15 pm

Re: Should Decay be unbanned from the forums?

#76

Post by Afrit » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:46 pm

It makes one think about life choices.

User avatar
Galactus
Forum Regular
Posts: 327
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:22 am
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Should Decay be unbanned from the forums?

#77

Post by Galactus » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:12 pm

Ivan wrote: I just have one question. Why do you feel the need to defend yourself if you know you're right? Why don't you just ignore all the accusations and move on?
To clear up those accusations, obviously? Come on this has to be the most pitiful attempt to work a discussion in your favor that I've ever seen on this forum.
You're basically saying "You're right in everything you say, but why do you feel the need to say it?"

User avatar
Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum
Posts: 2134
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:38 pm
Location: Omnipresent

Re: Should Decay be unbanned from the forums?

#78

Post by Ivan » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:52 pm

Galactus wrote:
Ivan wrote: I just have one question. Why do you feel the need to defend yourself if you know you're right? Why don't you just ignore all the accusations and move on?
To clear up those accusations, obviously? Come on this has to be the most pitiful attempt to work a discussion in your favor that I've ever seen on this forum.
You're basically saying "You're right in everything you say, but why do you feel the need to say it?"
Except his attempt is stupid because he's been proven wrong by others already, which is why I asked it :)
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

User avatar
Galactus
Forum Regular
Posts: 327
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:22 am
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Should Decay be unbanned from the forums?

#79

Post by Galactus » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:03 pm

That's subjective. I think he isn't in the wrong here, far from actually.

User avatar
Mobius
Posts a lot
Posts: 706
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:43 am
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: Aᵌ
Contact:

Re: Should Decay be unbanned from the forums?

#80

Post by Mobius » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:15 pm

Galactus wrote:That's subjective. I think he isn't in the wrong here, far from actually.
Read my original post. It wasn't a call out to Leonard nor Jwarrier and I even said there's legitimacy to their points in the past. It was never a call out. It was to address that certain people have expressed clearly that Decay's absence will return activity here since he was considered one of the dissuading factors for user participation; however, I disagreed because their activity even then was sparse and since his departure they, too, disappeared. Leonard emerging back was foolish as he had no reason to defend his position as it was never under attack, but in fact it proved me right that HE ONLY SHOWS UP for Decay which made him more of an agitator or detractor than a concern member (at the time). I made that clear because of his activity and provided screenshots. There's no way around this.

Now we just wait for the staff to put an official statement on the status of Decay's pending appeal and close this thread.
dewsome: i can do this all day
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
<+Thomas13> Mobius u r inferior, go outside and get beaten up
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

Locked