Is the Zandro Community dying?

Off-topic chat. Real talk.
User avatar
Vulpeka
Under Moderation
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:50 pm
Location: Portland OR
Clan: Princess Perfect Pee
Clan Tag: -</{[]}\>-
Contact:

Re: Is the Zandro Community dying?

#81

Post by Vulpeka » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:22 am

jdagenet wrote:Why would you put anti-piracy on a... pwad? Sounds like some LCA shenanigans.
No one remembers pwad exploits they must have fixed it my bad. I'm to old.
I remind myself how I am just simply Trapped~ LKING FR A MMMY

Craving that Gentle Touch

I'm not a fucking millennial I don't take the internet seriously!

User avatar
jdagenet
Forum Regular
Posts: 161
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:08 am
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: A3
Contact:

Re: Is the Zandro Community dying?

#82

Post by jdagenet » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:25 am

Yeah I've been in this community a long time and I've never heard of a "pwad exploit". I'll just mark it up to LCA shenanigans.
<Dynamo_>uh
<Dynamo_>did you just take the thread away
<FusedQyou>Dunno
<FusedQyou>ask the thread

User avatar
Vulpeka
Under Moderation
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:50 pm
Location: Portland OR
Clan: Princess Perfect Pee
Clan Tag: -</{[]}\>-
Contact:

Re: Is the Zandro Community dying?

#83

Post by Vulpeka » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:54 am

jdagenet wrote:Yeah I've been in this community a long time and I've never heard of a "pwad exploit". I'll just mark it up to LCA shenanigans.
Then you just don't notice stuff its OK not a lot of people knew about the other hacks either.

It was probably fixed along time ago I just stopped playing around 2011 so I'm really not sure about any of the bugs anymore. But it did exist.
I remind myself how I am just simply Trapped~ LKING FR A MMMY

Craving that Gentle Touch

I'm not a fucking millennial I don't take the internet seriously!

User avatar
jdagenet
Forum Regular
Posts: 161
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:08 am
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: A3
Contact:

Re: Is the Zandro Community dying?

#84

Post by jdagenet » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:37 am

Vulpeka wrote:
jdagenet wrote:Yeah I've been in this community a long time and I've never heard of a "pwad exploit". I'll just mark it up to LCA shenanigans.
Then you just don't notice stuff its OK not a lot of people knew about the other hacks either.

It was probably fixed along time ago I just stopped playing around 2011 so I'm really not sure about any of the bugs anymore. But it did exist.
I started around 2007-2008 and don't recall this ever being an issue, probably why no one else knows what you're talking about either. The game's more than 20 years old, no one is worrying about pwad exploits lol.
<Dynamo_>uh
<Dynamo_>did you just take the thread away
<FusedQyou>Dunno
<FusedQyou>ask the thread

User avatar
Ru5tK1ng
Posts a lot
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:04 pm

Re: Is the Zandro Community dying?

#85

Post by Ru5tK1ng » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:47 am

Vulpeka wrote:I think splitting off the content and code was a bad idea it had to be done but an optional pk3 isn't the best fix. I just miss the skulltag exclusive items they are there still but now they are optional which means they are not implemented like they where used too, they added a new element to the game.
I agree, it should have been tossed into the trash. It's best to get rid of Carn's pile of stolen content dogshit pk3.
You cant say something being split effects nothing.
So what were the major effects from splitting the Skulltag content aside from just you missing it? The less people use it in their mods, the better things turn out anyway.

User avatar
ARGENTVM
FNF Team
Posts: 421
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:08 am
Location: The Unobservable Universe
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: A3

Re: Is the Zandro Community dying?

#86

Post by ARGENTVM » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:10 am

jdagenet wrote:
Vulpeka wrote:
jdagenet wrote:Yeah I've been in this community a long time and I've never heard of a "pwad exploit". I'll just mark it up to LCA shenanigans.
Then you just don't notice stuff its OK not a lot of people knew about the other hacks either.

It was probably fixed along time ago I just stopped playing around 2011 so I'm really not sure about any of the bugs anymore. But it did exist.
I started around 2007-2008 and don't recall this ever being an issue, probably why no one else knows what you're talking about either. The game's more than 20 years old, no one is worrying about pwad exploits lol.
Sounds like it wasn't even a minor issue then if people weren't really doing it. Not even an issue if a 'pwad exploit' can't even be elaborated on. If that's the case, it was probably pulled out of his ass, like 'Zandronum not having all of the features of Skulltag' (ROFL).


Ru5tK1ng wrote:
Vulpeka wrote:I think splitting off the content and code was a bad idea it had to be done but an optional pk3 isn't the best fix. I just miss the skulltag exclusive items they are there still but now they are optional which means they are not implemented like they where used too, they added a new element to the game.
I agree, it should have been tossed into the trash. It's best to get rid of Carn's pile of stolen content dogshit pk3.
You cant say something being split effects nothing.
So what were the major effects from splitting the Skulltag content aside from just you missing it? The less people use it in their mods, the better things turn out anyway.
The Skulltag content PK3 was an awful idea with awful execution; partly because of the par-to-shitty "content" it provided, and for how many wads rely on the pk3's resources. Doesn't help that some of it is stolen content either (adds to the shittiness factor I suppose). It's only an inconvenience at this point to load aside mods and doesn't even contain that much quality content worthy of a GOOD wad's dependency. It's only wasted hard-drive space to me.
[20:36:49] <Ru5tK1ng> ATTACK MY IDEAS NOT MY IDENTITY!
[20:36:56] <Decay> i'll attack both
[20:36:57] <Decay> fuck that
[20:37:03] <@Razgriz--> thats why ur banned

[02:42]<mrcrispy> Yeah you guys give us shit for playing Dwango and then you guys pick it for FNF

Projects: Skirmish One-on-One | DBAB Remastered |
Zandronum IRC: #Sterling | #AoE | #MSPD | #A3 |

User avatar
Hypnotoad
Forum Regular
Posts: 527
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 8:50 pm
Location: Britland

Re: Is the Zandro Community dying?

#87

Post by Hypnotoad » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:51 pm

ARGENTVM wrote:It's only wasted hard-drive space to me.
Given it's a shared resource archive, it almost certainly saved you hard-drive space on balance - otherwise in all likelihood most of these mods would have copied the textures and other assets into their own projects, resulting in potentially hundreds of duplicates of these resources in your wads folder.

User avatar
Vulpeka
Under Moderation
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:50 pm
Location: Portland OR
Clan: Princess Perfect Pee
Clan Tag: -</{[]}\>-
Contact:

Re: Is the Zandro Community dying?

#88

Post by Vulpeka » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:56 pm

ARGENTVM wrote:
jdagenet wrote:
Vulpeka wrote:
jdagenet wrote:Yeah I've been in this community a long time and I've never heard of a "pwad exploit". I'll just mark it up to LCA shenanigans.
Then you just don't notice stuff its OK not a lot of people knew about the other hacks either.

It was probably fixed along time ago I just stopped playing around 2011 so I'm really not sure about any of the bugs anymore. But it did exist.
I started around 2007-2008 and don't recall this ever being an issue, probably why no one else knows what you're talking about either. The game's more than 20 years old, no one is worrying about pwad exploits lol.
Sounds like it wasn't even a minor issue then if people weren't really doing it. Not even an issue if a 'pwad exploit' can't even be elaborated on. If that's the case, it was probably pulled out of his ass, like 'Zandronum not having all of the features of Skulltag' (ROFL).


Ru5tK1ng wrote:
Vulpeka wrote:I think splitting off the content and code was a bad idea it had to be done but an optional pk3 isn't the best fix. I just miss the skulltag exclusive items they are there still but now they are optional which means they are not implemented like they where used too, they added a new element to the game.
I agree, it should have been tossed into the trash. It's best to get rid of Carn's pile of stolen content dogshit pk3.
You cant say something being split effects nothing.
So what were the major effects from splitting the Skulltag content aside from just you missing it? The less people use it in their mods, the better things turn out anyway.
The Skulltag content PK3 was an awful idea with awful execution; partly because of the par-to-shitty "content" it provided, and for how many wads rely on the pk3's resources. Doesn't help that some of it is stolen content either (adds to the shittiness factor I suppose). It's only an inconvenience at this point to load aside mods and doesn't even contain that much quality content worthy of a GOOD wad's dependency. It's only wasted hard-drive space to me.
Well what ever, Zandronum doesn't have the features that skulltag had. I guess they where not missed by anyone, when you start up skulltag and you start up Zandronum its different. Skulltag had a expanded menus while Zandronum is just like zdoom. It gave the feel that it wasn't just GZdoom with multiplayer.

Skulltag had things that set it apart from GZdoom and Zdoom. While a lot of those multiplayer features remained we missed out on the extras that brought me to skulltag in the first place. Skulltag felt like an expansion to doom while Zandronum is more like another source port in the large sea of source ports.

The pk3 just makes things confusing but I'm pretty sure all stolen stuff could have been replaced. it just had to require redoing everything. I would have done it but I cant mod. I Would have taken a Freedoom style approach.

Guess I'm too old to go around posting old stuff and thinking of the ways. I haven't been involved in the community for a while. I'm not sure what has really happened in the last 4 years except people moving on to other games.

The pwad exploit did exist it must have been patched back in the skulltag days. That's why nobody remembers it because it was patched 5 to 6 years ago.
I remind myself how I am just simply Trapped~ LKING FR A MMMY

Craving that Gentle Touch

I'm not a fucking millennial I don't take the internet seriously!

User avatar
Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum
Posts: 2135
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:38 pm
Location: Omnipresent

Re: Is the Zandro Community dying?

#89

Post by Ivan » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:24 pm

Vulpeka wrote: Well what ever, Zandronum doesn't have the features that skulltag had. I guess they where not missed by anyone, when you start up skulltag and you start up Zandronum its different. Skulltag had a expanded menus while Zandronum is just like zdoom. It gave the feel that it wasn't just GZdoom with multiplayer.
What features does it not have that you think would help improve Zandronum? Skulltag is inferior by any means imaginable. You're just saying these because nostalgia has corrupted your brain. I have an idea for you. Set up a Skulltag server and enjoy reliving the old times with some ARG buddies.
Vulpeka wrote: Skulltag had things that set it apart from GZdoom and Zdoom. While a lot of those multiplayer features remained we missed out on the extras that brought me to skulltag in the first place. Skulltag felt like an expansion to doom while Zandronum is more like another source port in the large sea of source ports.
Yeah like hardcoded shitty Multiplayer menu, for one. It was so bad that old map packs like HR which replaced the menu graphics looked like shit because of it... Skulltag doesn't feel like an expansion, it's also a multiplayer sourceport. That's how it was advertised, that's why it was built. Nobody cares how it "feels". It's job was that, nothing more nothing less.

The only possible good thing might be the maps, but not all of them. And the only reason those maps were made was to promote the game modes they had. But guess what, we got much better maps by many people now so we don't need that crap!
Vulpeka wrote: The pk3 just makes things confusing but I'm pretty sure all stolen stuff could have been replaced. it just had to require redoing everything. I would have done it but I cant mod. I Would have taken a Freedoom style approach.
Confusing? It's literally you adding 2 more files to your server. It's not like you're trying to host LCA with 20 addons.
Vulpeka wrote: Guess I'm too old to go around posting old stuff and thinking of the ways. I haven't been involved in the community for a while. I'm not sure what has really happened in the last 4 years except people moving on to other games.

The pwad exploit did exist it must have been patched back in the skulltag days. That's why nobody remembers it because it was patched 5 to 6 years ago.
I don't know that but you seem technologically impaired or something. Even if you haven't been involved with the community for a while there are like only a few things you need to be aware of if you want to play online and those are pretty much the occasional beta builds, how to use them and the TSPG service.

You may also stop bringing up an old ass exploit that was fixed long ago. It seems pretty irrelevant to me honestly. That is of course if it's fixed, which I hope it is.
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

User avatar
Ru5tK1ng
Posts a lot
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:04 pm

Re: Is the Zandro Community dying?

#90

Post by Ru5tK1ng » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:58 pm

Ivan wrote:Confusing? It's literally you adding 2 more files to your server. It's not like you're trying to host LCA with 20 addons.
Actually it's one file now.
Vulpeka wrote:Well what ever, Zandronum doesn't have the features that skulltag had. I guess they where not missed by anyone, when you start up skulltag and you start up Zandronum its different. Skulltag had a expanded menus while Zandronum is just like zdoom. It gave the feel that it wasn't just GZdoom with multiplayer.
Oh the 'feels' argument. Well hopefully to your joy, the multiplayer menu is still there. Select options and press enter twice. You're welcome.
Skulltag had things that set it apart from GZdoom and Zdoom. While a lot of those multiplayer features remained we missed out on the extras that brought me to skulltag in the first place. Skulltag felt like an expansion to doom while Zandronum is more like another source port in the large sea of source ports.
What extras? The ST content? Well it's great news for you to know it wasn't deleted off the internet. Simply run Zandro with the file linked above and there you go.

User avatar
Mobius
Posts a lot
Posts: 706
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:43 am
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: Aᵌ
Contact:

Re: Is the Zandro Community dying?

#91

Post by Mobius » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:00 pm

Vulpeka wrote:Well what ever, Zandronum doesn't have the features that skulltag had.
Such as?
Vulpeka wrote:I guess they where not missed by anyone, when you start up skulltag and you start up Zandronum its different. Skulltag had a expanded menus while Zandronum is just like zdoom. It gave the feel that it wasn't just GZdoom with multiplayer.
It has more options. Skulltag is Zdoom with realm667 resources built into the port.

Vulpeka wrote:Skulltag had things that set it apart from GZdoom and Zdoom.
Like?
Vulpeka wrote:While a lot of those multiplayer features remained we missed out on the extras that brought me to skulltag in the first place.
Like what? Also: didn't you leave?
Vulpeka wrote:Guess I'm too old to go around posting old stuff and thinking of the ways. I haven't been involved in the community for a while. I'm not sure what has really happened in the last 4 years except people moving on to other games.
Every post from you in this forum seems to involve I and Me to somehow build this cohesion of seniority when others here have been on just as long if not longer. You could try being more coherent by properly demonstrating or illustrating what you mean.
Vulpeka wrote:The pwad exploit did exist it must have been patched back in the skulltag days. That's why nobody remembers it because it was patched 5 to 6 years ago.
What is this exploit you speak of because I was here 5 years ago. Been here since 2008 or 09
Last edited by Mobius on Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dewsome: i can do this all day
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
<+Thomas13> Mobius u r inferior, go outside and get beaten up
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

nax
Forum Staff
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:06 am

Re: Is the Zandro Community dying?

#92

Post by nax » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:00 pm

Vulpeka wrote:
Well what ever, Zandronum doesn't have the features that skulltag had. I guess they where not missed by anyone, when you start up skulltag and you start up Zandronum its different. Skulltag had a expanded menus while Zandronum is just like zdoom. It gave the feel that it wasn't just GZdoom with multiplayer.

Skulltag had things that set it apart from GZdoom and Zdoom. While a lot of those multiplayer features remained we missed out on the extras that brought me to skulltag in the first place. Skulltag felt like an expansion to doom while Zandronum is more like another source port in the large sea of source ports.

The pk3 just makes things confusing but I'm pretty sure all stolen stuff could have been replaced. it just had to require redoing everything. I would have done it but I cant mod. I Would have taken a Freedoom style approach.

Guess I'm too old to go around posting old stuff and thinking of the ways. I haven't been involved in the community for a while. I'm not sure what has really happened in the last 4 years except people moving on to other games.

The pwad exploit did exist it must have been patched back in the skulltag days. That's why nobody remembers it because it was patched 5 to 6 years ago.
I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt since you just came back and may not be aware of all the features of Zandronum, but there are no features that are lacking here. Skulltag was designed for a specific goal in mind while Zandronum is capable of everything Skulltag was as well as far more. Some of the mods that Zandronum is capable of are things that simply would be impossible on Skulltag. So Zandronum has definitely been a step up.

As per the skulltag pk3, even though Zandronum is based on Skulltag to a degree it really isn't Skulltag. It doesn't really make much sense to keep Skulltag stuff inside Zandronum when Zandronum is designed to be a modular multiplayer port. You're right in many respects that Skulltag was more like an expansion than a port, but Skulltag was headed toward this anyway. And if you can do exactly what Skulltag could do but better and with more ways to create mods, well this is why Zandronum ended up exploding with all sorts of interesting projects or highly enhanced versions of mods that were on Skulltag. I think you've got some nostalgia goggles on here overall when it comes to Skulltag vs Zandronum as doom multiplayer goes. It's one thing to say that you miss the Skulltag days and have fond memories of it, but its another to say Zandronum is lacking because of it.

But I suppose we all have those games that we either grew up on or had the best times with, so its difficult for anything afterward to really measure up.

User avatar
thevarian
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:28 pm
Location: Vegas
Clan: Hidden Hotdogs
Clan Tag: HH

Re: Is the Zandro Community dying?

#93

Post by thevarian » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:01 pm

Mobius wrote:
Vulpeka wrote:The pwad exploit did exist it must have been patched back in the skulltag days. That's why nobody remembers it because it was patched 5 to 6 years ago.
What is this exploit you speak of because I was here 5 years ago. Been here since 2008 or 09
I'm going to take a guess it was being able to attach gl-lights to players and use oversized sprites when the skins featured was first implemented.

My one and only ticket i submitted, I think.

User avatar
Mobius
Posts a lot
Posts: 706
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:43 am
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: Aᵌ
Contact:

Re: Is the Zandro Community dying?

#94

Post by Mobius » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:27 pm

thevarian wrote:
Mobius wrote:
Vulpeka wrote:The pwad exploit did exist it must have been patched back in the skulltag days. That's why nobody remembers it because it was patched 5 to 6 years ago.
What is this exploit you speak of because I was here 5 years ago. Been here since 2008 or 09
I'm going to take a guess it was being able to attach gl-lights to players and use oversized sprites when the skins featured was first implemented.

My one and only ticket i submitted, I think.
I believe that was addressed before he left. It's why everyone is puzzled about him bringing it up.
dewsome: i can do this all day
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
<+Thomas13> Mobius u r inferior, go outside and get beaten up
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

User avatar
Vulpeka
Under Moderation
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:50 pm
Location: Portland OR
Clan: Princess Perfect Pee
Clan Tag: -</{[]}\>-
Contact:

Re: Is the Zandro Community dying?

#95

Post by Vulpeka » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:47 pm

I was gone lost internet in 2011. But still lurked for a year or 2.

I'm not going to argue about it anymore, basically I haven't played this port online for over 5 years. I only came here to see old faces.

Features are missing I cant put my tongue on it but I know somethings missing.
Every post from you in this forum seems to involve I and Me to somehow build this cohesion of seniority when others here have been on just as long if not longer. You could try being more coherent by properly demonstrating or illustrating what you mean.
That's a problem I have in real life so its not going to get better. I cant really express myself correctly all the time. I'm just not the person everybody remembers. I cant make correct sentences anymore or even spell and I don't give a crap what you guys say. I'm going to play this Zandronum port instead of talking about its death. I can here to have fun, not argue about stuff that I cant explain.

If you want to fix the community everyone needs to become an ambassador and fully represent this port to other new players. The solution to fix the community is inside the community and constantly making threads about it perpetuates this rumor. Every last player needs to believe that this port has a future.

I guess I just miss skulltag the way I grew up with it. Everyone seems to be gone now.
I remind myself how I am just simply Trapped~ LKING FR A MMMY

Craving that Gentle Touch

I'm not a fucking millennial I don't take the internet seriously!

User avatar
Mobius
Posts a lot
Posts: 706
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:43 am
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: Aᵌ
Contact:

Re: Is the Zandro Community dying?

#96

Post by Mobius » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:59 pm

Vulpeka wrote:That's a problem I have in real life so its not going to get better. I cant really express myself correctly all the time. I'm just not the person everybody remembers. I cant make correct sentences anymore or even spell and I don't give a crap what you guys say. I'm going to play this Zandronum port instead of talking about its death. I can here to have fun, not argue about stuff that I cant explain.
Most of us talking about its death are the heavily contributing players who've been active while you were barely even around to be remembered.
Vulpeka wrote:If you want to fix the community everyone needs to become an ambassador and fully represent this port to other new players.
Is that why one of the first threads you made is you memeing out of one of the recent dramas with we had? I suppose since you're so far removed from the community you can just do that right?
Vulpeka wrote:The solution to fix the community is inside the community and constantly making threads about it perpetuates this rumor. Every last player needs to believe that this port has a future.

I guess I just miss skulltag the way I grew up with it. Everyone seems to be gone now.
Skulltag was worst. You can always go back or play the game instead of "poorly" articulating your point and then say you don't care when you fail to illustrate one.
dewsome: i can do this all day
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
<+Thomas13> Mobius u r inferior, go outside and get beaten up
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

User avatar
Ru5tK1ng
Posts a lot
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:04 pm

Is the Zandro Community dying?

#97

Post by Ru5tK1ng » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:41 am

Vulpeka wrote:I can here to have fun, not argue about stuff that I cant explain.
The only reason why it became a big deal is because you made an outrageous claim and didn't even bother elaborating on it at all. Aside from the menu and skulltag content which my earlier post proves still exist, you keep saying things are missing and people legitimately want to know what. If I were to do exactly what you have done, I would be going to the GZDoom forums saying 3.1 is nice but it's missing features from 1.9.0 and went confronted to back up my claims, I instead just regurgitate my statement and never really say anything concrete. If you do this anywhere, it is going to annoy someone or some people. If you are unable to explain yourself, then either don't make stupid claims or use google translate.


Anyway, if you came to have fun, enjoy playing Zandronum. It's better than skulltag. Happy fragging.

User avatar
Tiger
Forum Regular
Posts: 366
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 6:21 am
Location: United States

Re: Is the Zandro Community dying?

#98

Post by Tiger » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:27 am

Mobius wrote:
Vulpeka wrote:The pwad exploit did exist it must have been patched back in the skulltag days. That's why nobody remembers it because it was patched 5 to 6 years ago.
What is this exploit you speak of because I was here 5 years ago. Been here since 2008 or 09
I could be wrong as to what Vulpeka is referencing about - as there was literally no confirmation nor any further elaboration, but I do remember

Code: Select all

ConsoleCommand();
(showcased in WART.wad) being a massive issue with user config files. However, I don't remember the timeline when Torr began restricting that ACS function. In fact, I don't know if that ACS function is still part of Zandronum.... However, again, I don't know if that is what Vulpeka is talking about.

User avatar
Mobius
Posts a lot
Posts: 706
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:43 am
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: Aᵌ
Contact:

Re: Is the Zandro Community dying?

#99

Post by Mobius » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:49 am

Tiger wrote:
Mobius wrote:
Vulpeka wrote:The pwad exploit did exist it must have been patched back in the skulltag days. That's why nobody remembers it because it was patched 5 to 6 years ago.
What is this exploit you speak of because I was here 5 years ago. Been here since 2008 or 09
I could be wrong as to what Vulpeka is referencing about - as there was literally no confirmation nor any further elaboration, but I do remember

Code: Select all

ConsoleCommand();
(showcased in WART.wad) being a massive issue with user config files. However, I don't remember the timeline when Torr began restricting that ACS function. In fact, I don't know if that ACS function is still part of Zandronum.... However, again, I don't know if that is what Vulpeka is talking about.
I don't think this person has the inclination for that sort of nuance if they couldn't articulate what they were speaking on before

and speaking of console commands
https://zandronum.com/tracker/view.php?id=1070

There was a thread about it too on the forums about it being phased out but I am not in the mood to find it
dewsome: i can do this all day
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
<+Thomas13> Mobius u r inferior, go outside and get beaten up
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

User avatar
Doomkid
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Posts: 883
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:04 am
Location: Aussie Land
Clan: UniDoom
Clan Tag: [UD]
Contact:

Re: Is the Zandro Community dying?

#100

Post by Doomkid » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:30 am

lol zand with skulltag_content is literally skulltag but with far more features, this is simply a fact

Locked