Is the Zandro Community dying?

Off-topic chat. Real talk.
Catastrophe
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Re: Is the Zandro Community dying?

Post by Catastrophe » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:19 pm

Vulpeka wrote:I can here to have fun, not argue about stuff that I cant explain.
See:
Vulpeka wrote:Features are missing I cant put my tongue on it but I know somethings missing.
I'm not even twisting your words. You need to elaborate what you think is missing instead of complaining just for the sake of complaining.

Galactus
Forum Regular

Post by Galactus » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:41 pm

Nice prolonging a thread that should've died sometime ago, either this dude is trolling or he's dumbly blinded by nostalgia. Either way stop debating or rather trying to convince him.

ARGENTVM

Post by ARGENTVM » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:59 pm

Hypnotoad wrote:
ARGENTVM wrote:It's only wasted hard-drive space to me.
Given it's a shared resource archive, it almost certainly saved you hard-drive space on balance - otherwise in all likelihood most of these mods would have copied the textures and other assets into their own projects, resulting in potentially hundreds of duplicates of these resources in your wads folder.
I meant it as in there are more important things I'd rather be consuming my hard drive space with than that (I'd rather fill my pwads folder with outdated backup files and empty text files than have to load skulltag content one more time); I place no value on the skulltag resources and whatever awful dependencies still exist (a lot of them, unfortunately).

Vulpeka wrote:Well what ever, Zandronum doesn't have the features that skulltag had.
Vulpeka wrote:I can here to have fun, not argue about stuff that I cant explain.
Vulpeka wrote:Features are missing I cant put my tongue on it but I know somethings missing.
So Zandronum doesn't have the features Skulltag had because it didn't have the features Skulltag had? Nice troll. What's the point of the claim if you can't back it up? :lol: If you're talking about that Carnevil chickenshit-bullshit from the skulltag content, then good; it deserved to be purged. Unless you're referring to all of the glitches, bugs, and crashes of skulltag as features... :biggrin:

Samurai
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Clan: Lost Faction
Clan Tag: [LF]

Post by Samurai » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:09 pm

Vulpeka wrote:I was gone lost internet in 2011. But still lurked for a year or 2.

I'm not going to argue about it anymore, basically I haven't played this port online for over 5 years. I only came here to see old faces.

Features are missing I cant put my tongue on it but I know somethings missing.
Every post from you in this forum seems to involve I and Me to somehow build this cohesion of seniority when others here have been on just as long if not longer. You could try being more coherent by properly demonstrating or illustrating what you mean.
That's a problem I have in real life so its not going to get better. I cant really express myself correctly all the time. I'm just not the person everybody remembers. I cant make correct sentences anymore or even spell and I don't give a crap what you guys say. I'm going to play this Zandronum port instead of talking about its death. I can here to have fun, not argue about stuff that I cant explain.

If you want to fix the community everyone needs to become an ambassador and fully represent this port to other new players. The solution to fix the community is inside the community and constantly making threads about it perpetuates this rumor. Every last player needs to believe that this port has a future.

I guess I just miss skulltag the way I grew up with it. Everyone seems to be gone now.
I've been in the online doom community for over a decade and have never seen nor remember you. Others have been here longer than I have and don't remember you either. Drop the self-importance crap. Every post you have made seems to demand respect from people who don't even know who you are because you have been gone for a few years.

Take a note from your own book and maybe play the game instead of preaching about how it was 'back in my day', cause we don't remember you buddy.

Doomkid
Clan: UniDoom
Clan Tag: [UD]

Post by Doomkid » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:06 am

Yeah unless it's an alias I definitely don't recognize that person, though I must admit the ranting matches up with that of many Doomers over the years. Not that that validates any of their points anyway, but still..

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:55 pm

Vulpeka I remember you. We were furfags together since sometime around 97b or c. We played together a lot, even back when I had my old name "-=:[xXx]:=-". 'Member all those wads that started with "xxx-" like xxx-mercenaries or xxx-silverbullet?

'Member FuzzballFox? 'Member Yellowtail? What about FaceHeadMan? FireWolf? Helten aka Twenty-Three? Ooooooh 'member Spleen?

'Member when Deus Vult 2 came out? 'Member all the Texas servers? 'Member when IDESE would say "YO!" really loud if you had your speakers at 100% and one of your friends happened to be in a server? 'Member RGA1? 'Member when clan (SD) made their own map pack with shitty discolored 3-frame weapon sprites ripped from F.E.A.R.?

If you ever wanna play any of the classics with me, lemme know and whenever I have some free time I can throw a server up.

IMO the port is still, spiritually, Skulltag. It's just that all of the nostalgic Skulltag content has been separated from the main package, and the community (along with what they tend to play) has changed a lot too, essentially getting much smaller, less active, and more "focused" in terms of gameplay (or narrow-minded, however you prefer to look at it).

As long as us Skulltag elders are still here, the spirit of those days will live on.
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:02 pm

Ænima wrote:blabla
This really should have been a PM, fyi...
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

r4z0r
Banned
Clan: Homework Help

Post by r4z0r » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:28 pm

Ivan wrote:
Ænima wrote:blabla
This really should have been a PM, fyi...
I gotta agree with ivan here, what was the point of that long post? Was it justification for what Vulpeka said? To give his word some credibility? Its still one person that remembers Vulpeka compared to about 20 that don't. Besides that list you made of your friends (yellowtail, Helten etc...) doesn't add much credibility because those people are rarely involved in the community aside from that SoT Clan.

Either way more players coming back is still a good thing.

Vulpeka
Under Moderation
Clan: Princess Perfect Pee
Clan Tag: -</{[]}\>-

Post by Vulpeka » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:00 am

Ænima wrote:Vulpeka I remember you. We were furfags together since sometime around 97b or c. We played together a lot, even back when I had my old name "-=:[xXx]:=-". 'Member all those wads that started with "xxx-" like xxx-mercenaries or xxx-silverbullet?

'Member FuzzballFox? 'Member Yellowtail? What about FaceHeadMan? FireWolf? Helten aka Twenty-Three? Ooooooh 'member Spleen?

'Member when Deus Vult 2 came out? 'Member all the Texas servers? 'Member when IDESE would say "YO!" really loud if you had your speakers at 100% and one of your friends happened to be in a server? 'Member RGA1? 'Member when clan (SD) made their own map pack with shitty discolored 3-frame weapon sprites ripped from F.E.A.R.?

If you ever wanna play any of the classics with me, lemme know and whenever I have some free time I can throw a server up.

IMO the port is still, spiritually, Skulltag. It's just that all of the nostalgic Skulltag content has been separated from the main package, and the community (along with what they tend to play) has changed a lot too, essentially getting much smaller, less active, and more "focused" in terms of gameplay (or narrow-minded, however you prefer to look at it).

As long as us Skulltag elders are still here, the spirit of those days will live on.

I'm totally done arguing about social constructs so I will totally play a classic with you just set up a server just set up some friends and we'll have some fun on a classic wad

I don't know why we're even arguing anymore nothing ever truly dies and the classics are going to keep rolling back

So yeah I am totally down to play any classic wad file any time with anybody as long as I'm not being a paranoid princess

I'll even be starting up some of my own servers again Instagib anyone : V

I don't want know why people don't remember me oh wait all those people left and I came back just to leave a little present for you guys
I remind myself how I am just simply Trapped~ LKING FR A MMMY

Craving that Gentle Touch

I'm not a fucking millennial I don't take the internet seriously!

Vulpeka
Under Moderation

Post by Vulpeka » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:09 am

Pretty much the way to end this argument with you tards is to say the community is dead because you guys run around saying it's dead

I can literally say what I want it's a free country it's a free fourm

You are what you eat you are what you say I'm two people leave me the f*** alone

You kids need to enjoy the features that are actually in the game besides crying for new ones Doom is about being ingenuitive not about copy and paste

There used to be an active modding scene there used to be stuff going on now ask yourself nicely why did it leave because but ive been gone and this place went to s***

Vulpeka
Under Moderation

Post by Vulpeka » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:16 am

Zandronum does not have what made skulltag skulltag and you can pull the whole carnevil drama out it doesn't matter all of that stuff could have gotten salvaged in a free Doom style fashion instead of just throwing it in a corner it is a part of this ports history

Plus everybody that's been around the block in this port knows that they miss the railgun

Doomkid
Clan: UniDoom
Clan Tag: [UD]

Post by Doomkid » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:22 am

Vulpeka
Under Moderation

Post by Vulpeka » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:25 am

Doomkid wrote:Image
Oh no someone's been a bad boy girl thing better call nine-one-one and get the post police

Vulpeka
Under Moderation

Post by Vulpeka » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:35 am

I can't control who I am anymore but at least I don't have to worry about typing when I get to scream into my phone and letters pop up isnt technology great guys

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:18 am

I guess this is a better mental breakdown than the last one

jdagenet
Forum Regular
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: A3

Post by jdagenet » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:34 am

Vulpeka wrote:I can't control who I am anymore but at least I don't have to worry about typing when I get to scream into my phone and letters pop up isnt technology great guys
Mental breakdown already? But you just got back into the community...
<Dynamo_>uh
<Dynamo_>did you just take the thread away
<FusedQyou>Dunno
<FusedQyou>ask the thread

Konda
Forum Regular

Post by Konda » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:37 pm

hey man its the internet dont take it so srsly amirite

John Zombie
Forum Regular

Post by John Zombie » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:52 pm

Mr. Nobody and the Holy Quest for Attention: The Thread

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:34 pm

r4z0r wrote: Besides that list you made of your friends (yellowtail, Helten etc...) doesn't add much credibility because those people are rarely involved in the community aside from that SoT Clan.
Helton is definitely not my "friend", IMO he was an antagonistic piece of shit (and a hacker, IIRC). I was just dropping random names for the sake of it.

And I guess there was no "point" to my post, just some good ol' memberberries. Although it was worth a chuckle seeing you and Ivan have an allergic reaction to it just because you thought I may have been kinda-sorta supporting OP or his arguments, which I am not.
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

ARGENTVM

Post by ARGENTVM » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:45 pm

Vulpeka wrote:Zandronum does not have what made skulltag skulltag
Yeah, the shitty stock content isn't in. This is a good thing though.

Vulpeka wrote:Plus everybody that's been around the block in this port knows that they miss the railgun
Nope; I'll take the Eon Railgun over the carnrail anyday.