[Realm667] Looking for news authors?

Off-topic chat. Real talk.
Tormentor667

[Realm667] Looking for news authors?

Post by Tormentor667 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:39 pm

Dear Zandronumers,

as real-life draws more and more attention lately (it was a huge task to find enough time to update the Realm667 to the latest available CMS and forum software), I think it would be a good decision to recruit people from the community who are interested in contributing and maintaining news on the news portal at http://www.realm667.com/. It's all about the community, mostly what's happening in the various forums (doomworld.com, zandronum.com, zdoom.org, drdteam.org) in terms of projects, sourceports and other interesting trivia as well as cross-posting news from Doomworld and other Doom news and review portals related to classic Doom.

The system is quite easy and if you are active in the community, it shouldn't be a big deal for you to post a new news article with relevant information and a screenshot to the frontpage portal of the Realm667 once or twice a week to keep the site running and interesting. The good thing is: You have total freedom in your choices and what's relevant for other people. You can take a look at previous news items to get an idea what I have posted so far just to make decisions a bit easier. Everything else is up to you. So if you are interested as you are interested in showcasing what's happening in the community, just let me know and we can give it a try :)

Just send me a pm, tell me a little about you, your Doom experience and how long you are active in the community, and I will reply as soon as I can,

Looking forward to your help and interest,
thanks already in return,
best regards,
Dan
Last edited by Tormentor667 on Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Combinebobnt
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Re: [Realm667] Looking for news authors?

Post by Combinebobnt » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:55 pm

get someone from doomworld, they love writing. Singleplayer content >>>>>> multiplayer content in terms of project counts too, so even better.

Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:47 pm

Combinebobnt wrote:get someone from doomworld, they love writing. Singleplayer content >>>>>> multiplayer content in terms of project counts too, so even better.
I don't think that this is a good decision. The Zandronum community is a special place and Doomworld doesn't cover most of it. Someone directly from here would be a better choice.

Fused
Contributor

Post by Fused » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:21 pm

I dont mind writing stuff if you need someone. I don't know how long I will keep interest into this but I suppose I could lend a hand with writing Zan-related stuff if anything even happends at all.
My mods
Image Image

My socials
Image Image

Combinebobnt
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Combinebobnt » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:04 am

Tormentor667 wrote:
Combinebobnt wrote:get someone from doomworld, they love writing. Singleplayer content >>>>>> multiplayer content in terms of project counts too, so even better.
I don't think that this is a good decision. The Zandronum community is a special place and Doomworld doesn't cover most of it. Someone directly from here would be a better choice.
thanks we're flattered. Just said that because I always saw mostly super zdoom singleplayer projects on r667 news.

Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:53 pm

Combinebobnt wrote:thanks we're flattered. Just said that because I always saw mostly super zdoom singleplayer projects on r667 news.
The point is that I am not part of the Zandronum community as I am simply not a multiplayer-interested player. My focus is on single player projects and ZDoom as I am editing for ZDoom as well, that's where I know what projects happen and are under development. This doesn't mean though that I don't want to showcase Zandronum stuff as well - it's the opposite actually

@Fused - If you are really interested, please send me an email to info@realm667.com - I would reply with some more info about the system and how things work. Looking forward to this :)