Anyone else got the Free Windows 10?

Off-topic chat. Real talk.
DaIcemann76
New User

Re: Anyone else got the Free Windows 10?

Post by DaIcemann76 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:47 am

I did, and ever since my SSD has been freezing off and on, with this showing in Task Manager:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

M$ insists it's a hardware problem with the drive which is bullshit, because it works just fine in Linux Mint.

Fused
Contributor

Post by Fused » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:40 am

DaIcemann76 wrote:I did, and ever since my SSD has been freezing off and on, with this showing in Task Manager:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

M$ insists it's a hardware problem with the drive which is bullshit, because it works just fine in Linux Mint.
I think I started getting the exact same thing yesterday. Basically after startup my laptop would end up freezing without a fix. For some reason my processors didnt work at all anymore. I forced it to reset to factory settings yesterday because of it. Safe to say, windows 10 caused me lots of problems and im just gonna stick to 8.1 now.
My mods
Image Image

My socials
Image Image

arkore
Forum Regular

Post by arkore » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:43 pm

It's been common for windows10 to brick systems, which is why I avoided windows10 for all my systems.

I got windows10 only with a new machine that was built with hardware that is known to work with windows10. How did I know? I didn't, and didn't care -- so, I just got them (at the store) to recommend the hardware and build it for me.

I was impressed with the post-installation wizard of settings, page after page of providing me with options to disable a slew of stuff regarding monitoring and spying. I'm sure these options weren't available with the initial release of windows10, and only became available after the heat there was from all the smack talk on m$ about privacy.

The only downside so far is that my old webcam (LifeCam VX-3000) doesn't work anymore, and this is a known issue and there is no solution for it. m$ shamefully stated to buy a new webcam.

DaIcemann76
New User

Post by DaIcemann76 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:09 pm

DaIcemann76 wrote:I did, and ever since my SSD has been freezing off and on, with this showing in Task Manager:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Well, it looks like the latest update fixed the problem.