Memories of the good ol' days of Skulltag drama days

Off-topic chat. Real talk.
Zakken
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Clan: Power Fragging
Clan Tag: [PF]

RE: Memories of the good ol' days of Skulltag drama days

Post by Zakken » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:49 pm

The A3 vs PRO beef that took place back in 2011, while I was in the former clan. Lots of scrims, IRC arguments and biased bans and admin abuse took place at the time.

Tiger
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Tiger » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:52 pm

mifu wrote: I honestly think carnevil takes the cake here on the last episode where he shut down st forums and told us to essentially "fuck off"

Tiger you may know more about this :)
Yup, I do. TIHan and I had enough with Brad's procrastination; Brad agreed to the staff and community terms so the community in itself can continue onwards, yet he - himself kept delaying consistently. After it was all said and done, Brad decided to essentially say "No more SkullTag for anyone", and closed it down. Though to be honest, I am rather happy of the out-come. If need be, the staff or community officials can easily update or add-on site services or whatever maintenance is needed at the time. Previously, none of it was possible when Brad regained control of the entire site (.com\.net). Especially when site services have been hijacked\hacked, it was not possible todo much of anything without Brad himself 'doing' something.
Fun Fact: The wiki's database on the SkullTag site was hacked and completely destroyed. Brad Carney refused me from fixing the issue or preventing it in the first place, but as his words are "I don't like you". yay

Ruin

Post by Ruin » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:18 pm

Zakken wrote: The A3 vs PRO beef that took place back in 2011, while I was in the former clan. Lots of scrims, IRC arguments and biased bans and admin abuse took place at the time.
That near 40 minute ctf match we played is still the most memorable game I have ever taken part in. The events that stick out in my mind would be the multiple board hacks, RGBMSK, and a few other odd events.
Last edited by Ruin on Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Secondly, <PRO> is utter shit, and they're only "known" because almost all of them are also staff." - /vr/

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:21 pm

you also forgot how callum sanderson got banned for wanting to drink someones period blood

Tiger

Post by Tiger » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:23 pm

Catastrophe wrote: you also forgot how callum sanderson got banned for wanting to drink someones period blood
And there are things in history that we just don't talk about, and that was one of them....

Doomkid
Clan: UniDoom
Clan Tag: [UD]

Post by Doomkid » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:17 pm

I think I must subconsciously purge my memory of drama. So much of the crap mentioned here happened while I was on break, right after Codeimp's infamous attack on Zdaemon, and I came back to a shut down ST forums. I had a discussion shortly after with Carn, wished him well and decided to hop back into the community. I get that everyone hates him for up and leaving and erasing all that aged, fermented ST forum drama, but I'm honestly glad most of my stupidity from the 2003-2006 era is gone. Other than one bout of forum spam I never really did anything bad, I just used to say dumb shit all the time.

I welcome this new era of "softcore" drama as Konda put it, I don't remember the details but drama was allowed to run fully rampant back in the day. Entertaining for some, sure, but generally cancerous to the community. (Maybe this is why we average at 200 players for half the day across the ports, despite what some nostalgia-blinded people will tell you this is one of the most active eras for online play. There used to be like maybe 50 active players at the peakest of peak hour in the mid 2000's.)
Last edited by Doomkid on Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Samurai
Clan: Lost Faction
Clan Tag: [LF]

Post by Samurai » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:35 pm

Zakken wrote: The A3 vs PRO beef that took place back in 2011, while I was in the former clan. Lots of scrims, IRC arguments and biased bans and admin abuse took place at the time.
Good times those were :)

Code: Select all

00:11  <Jarin_cz>	i am pretty sure i have more doom friends than you

TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:49 pm

Catastrophe wrote: you also forgot how callum sanderson got banned for wanting to drink someones period blood
Not that that's kept him away.
Dude's strange.
The Ranger - New class for HeXen.
ZDoom Wars - I drew some pictures.
Samsara - Some class-based mod I guess?
Metroid: Dreadnought - I am a dumb fanboy.
DemonSteele - ~come with me to anime world~

Mobius
Banned
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: Aᵌ
Banned: Permanently

Post by Mobius » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:38 am

Ruin wrote:
That near 40 minute ctf match we played is still the most memorable game I have ever taken part in. The events that stick out in my mind would be the multiple board hacks, RGBMSK, and a few other odd events.
That was quite literally the most memorable games I've had and I wasn't even a year into playing any competitive doom was fighting on par with a veteran clan like PRO. I mean no matter what problems we had before or after -- that was one of our funnest game ever. Most of our drama was in altdeath.
dewsome: i can do this all day
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
<+Thomas13> Mobius u r inferior, go outside and get beaten up
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

HumanBones
FNF Team

Post by HumanBones » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:46 am

http://xen.unidoom.org/doom/stalemate.txt

April 23rd, 2005

Fun log! We were all playing a friendly game of LMS on ffi_z, but one round Mephisto and Xenaero found a broken spot on the map that they rocket jumped into so Carnevil couldn't kill them. They were basically joking around but Carn got so pissed they decided to stay in there. You can see in the log it probably went on for about an hour and a half, just a lot of arguing. At the time Mephisto was a Super Moderator on the old Skulltag forums, so after a while Carn went so apeshit he decided to remove Meph as a mod. It was probably the most epic meltdown that I've ever seen happen.

ibm5155
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by ibm5155 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:49 pm

On skulltag days, I still remember the who dun it author being pissed with me
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I found that there was just one chance to parkour from the building o the top of that bridge, I was unlucky to discover that the murder was the mod author, he was like 2 minutes saying me to go down (I was the last remaining player), but no, he tried to use the bertho and also medkit/shotgun traps, but none of that worked...
And, he died, on the next round he was executing some hardcoded scripts, that could also ban a specific player, but he was really pissed because people were voting no, the third time he tried to do that an server message came: "please, stop", and he did, one second later he disconnected the server...
One day later he released a new update for that map, and since that moment, there were no more parkour áreas where you could have fun :I[/align]
Projects
Cursed Maze: DONE, V2.0
Zombie Horde - ZM09 map update: [3/15/13]
Need help with English? Then you've come to the right place!

<this post is proof of "Decline">

Simk

Post by Simk » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:04 am

Sup guys!

The Toxic Avenger
Forum Staff
Clan: ???
Clan Tag: [???]

Post by The Toxic Avenger » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:54 am

Hello

TheMightyHeracross
Forum Regular

Post by TheMightyHeracross » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:42 pm

HumanBones wrote: http://xen.unidoom.org/doom/stalemate.txt

April 23rd, 2005

Fun log! We were all playing a friendly game of LMS on ffi_z, but one round Mephisto and Xenaero found a broken spot on the map that they rocket jumped into so Carnevil couldn't kill them. They were basically joking around but Carn got so pissed they decided to stay in there. You can see in the log it probably went on for about an hour and a half, just a lot of arguing. At the time Mephisto was a Super Moderator on the old Skulltag forums, so after a while Carn went so apeshit he decided to remove Meph as a mod. It was probably the most epic meltdown that I've ever seen happen.
Di you still have the DOOM006X.png screenshots that the log mentions? That was pretty epic. :lol:
THE MIGHTY HERACROSS