Couple Console Questions: Toggling GZDoomhud/Drawcoopinfo and fixing a chat command

Off-topic chat. Real talk.
Dr. Antagonist
New User

Couple Console Questions: Toggling GZDoomhud/Drawcoopinfo and fixing a chat command

Post by Dr. Antagonist » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:47 am

I'm just wondering if there are console commands or something to toggle GZDoom HUD and drawing coop info. They're both really neat, but only sometimes, and it'd be super swell if I could bind toggling them to a key.

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this should be in a different section. The help section seems to be only people having major issues where they can't play.

Edit: While I'm here I'd also like to ask if there's a way to make my text said properly. I'm trying to make the line:

Code: Select all

\cg$health HP\c*, \cd$armor Armor\c*, and \cq$ammocount $ammo \c*for my \ct$weapon
It works if I paste it into the chat, but as a bind the colours aren't shown and instead the colour inputs are (like g100 HP*,), and if I make it a chatmacro it cuts off at "100 HP,". I'm just wondering if there's a way to fix this?
Last edited by Dr. Antagonist on Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Slim
Zandrone
Clan: Can't fit it in here
Clan Tag: -=FSR=-

RE: Couple Console Questions: Toggling GZDoomhud/Drawcoopinfo and fixing a chat command

Post by Slim » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:15 am

Well for ZDoom HUD:

bind f5 "hudtoggle1
alias hudtoggle1 "hud_althud 1;playsound menu/activate;echo \\cuZDoom Alt HUD \\cnON. \\c-Look at all the pretty status displays :D;rebind hudtoggle2
alias hudtoggle2 "hud_althud 0;playsound menu/clear;echo \\cuZDoom Alt HUD \\crOFF. \\c-Default HUD restored.;rebind hudtoggle1
Edit as you wish.

As for Coop Info, I lack knowledge of the convar's name.
Edit: While I'm here I'd also like to ask if there's a way to make my text said properly. I'm trying to make the line:

\cg$health HP\c*, \cd$armor Armor\c*, and \cq$ammocount $ammo \c*for my \ct$weapon
It works if I paste it into the chat, but as a bind the colours aren't shown and instead the colour inputs are (like g100 HP*,), and if I make it a chatmacro it cuts off at "100 HP,". I'm just wondering if there's a way to fix this?
Add a second \ before your colors. Like this: \\cgI'm a walking target.

"Your childish antics grow tiring. If you dare to fight me, then I accept your challenge: Anytime, anywhere." - Zero, Megaman X5
Spoiler: Quotes (Open)
5:54 PM - Slim: you're complaining about something so small that
5:54 PM - Lance: so? we do that all the time
5:55 PM - Lance: we're a bunch of losers complaining at a bar minus the bar
Spoiler: Galactus tried evading (Open)

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

RE: Couple Console Questions: Toggling GZDoomhud/Drawcoopinfo and fixing a chat command

Post by Ænima » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:30 am

alias coopinfoon "cl_drawcoopinfo 1;rebind coopinfooff"
alias coopinfooff "cl_drawcoopinfo 0;rebind coopinfoon"

bind [key] coopinfoon
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

Dr. Antagonist
New User

Post by Dr. Antagonist » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:58 am

Ah! Thank you guys so much for your help!
Edit: I like your little messages it prints in the colours, and the sounds. Tyvm!
Last edited by Dr. Antagonist on Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

ConTheFal
Banned

Post by ConTheFal » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:14 am

Actually theres a faster way to toggle cl_drawcoopinfo and hud_althud, its toggle cl_drawcoopinfo and toggle hud_althud.
<Siferah>: Who needs support anyways?
<Sean>: idk
<Sean>: Disabled people?