DooM 2016 stuff

Off-topic chat. Real talk.
Fused
Contributor

DooM 2016 stuff

Post by Fused » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:01 am

These videos have been out for an hour already so why hasn't this been posted yet
So the day is finally upon us where we finally get some Doom (or Doom 4, whatever) gameplay. Nobody is probably going to read this anyway since you guys want to see the videos, so here goes.

EDIT 31-03-16
cinematic trailer.
[spoiler]
phpBB [media]
[/spoiler]

EDIT 26-02-16

For those that don't watch the Doom subreddit (which I assume is everyone here)
http://i.imgur.com/lGgBEGw.jpg here's a new demon, the harvester.
http://i.imgur.com/815y2xo.jpg that's another new demon, the prowler.
and gameplay for Mancubus, Prowler and Harvester
http://i.imgur.com/BI7kkxd.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Gf8xoP7.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/07uScVj.jpg

and in some reply
Here's spider mastermind! http://i.imgur.com/i4ifcvC.jpg
Also forgot the cyber demon! http://i.imgur.com/690cHlS.jpg
Here's the caco and friends: http://oi64.tinypic.com/245m58l.jpg
Here's pinky: http://oi65.tinypic.com/24g3spe.jpg
And the armored mancubus: http://i.imgur.com/Lzt8Lh4.jpg
Here's some baron gameplay: http://i.imgur.com/Vm3clsU.jpg
Here's one of the more interesting executions that the baron can do... http://i.imgur.com/c7pCGCE.jpg

EDIT 04-02-16
new gameplay video.
[spoiler]
phpBB [video]
The [video] tag is deprecated, please use the [media] tag
[/spoiler]

and a collectors edition

older stuff below

First off, another trailer. This is pretty much like a wrap up of the gameplay video.
Spoiler: trailer (Open)
phpBB [video]

Next off, the gameplay. The first one is alot similar to what the people from Quakecon 2014 have told us about, this might be that gameplay.
Spoiler: gameplay 1 (Open)
phpBB [video]
Spoiler: gameplay 2 (Open)
phpBB [video]

Multiplayer stuffs
(no offence but I thought it was Halo in the first 15 seconds)
Spoiler: multiplayer gameplay (Open)
phpBB [video]

And there's also Doombuilder for Doom 4
[spoiler]
phpBB [video]
[/spoiler]

So what do you guys think about Brut- I mean the new Doom?
Last edited by Fused on Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Awesome Possum

RE: Some DOOM 4 gameplay (oh god I said 4)

Post by Awesome Possum » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:15 am

The game honestly looked pretty... ok? I mean it did look alot like Halo, the way Doomguy's helmet and armor looked like. It lacked any color really, you mainly saw brown and grey. (Even in hell...) The monsters lacked color too and it was hard to really note what monsters were what besides the Imp, Revenant, and Cyber. Either I didn't pay real close attention to them or there really isn't many differences between the monsters. The weapons were pretty nice overall but the plasma didn't really sound powerful imo. The map shown was nice too but double jumping ruined it for me. The executions are cool but Brutal Doom style, which I guess is alright for me.

For multiplayer I guess it looked pretty cool, being able to play as a Revenant and destroy other players. The armor/helmets looked even more Halo-ish in the MP gameplay. The one powerup.. if I can remember correctly here.. the berserk I think it was. The one guy mentioned other powerups which would be neat if done right. I do like how it's faster paced than other games though, by the looks of it.

Lastly, the... completely forgot the name of it but the level editor! Looked pretty cool considering you can place hazards on any walls and trigger things upon doing something. I did like the looks of it and how you could change how the monsters react to certain things. Being able to make pretty big levels too it very nice.

Overall, I'm not really excited for Doom 4 that much, I just feel like the game is lacking things I'd call Doom. It just feels like another Halo game and I saw that as an issue. If Halo and Brutal Doom had a baby, it would be Doom 4 alright!
Last edited by Awesome Possum on Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ruin
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

RE: DOOM 4 gameplay (oh god I said 4)

Post by Ruin » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:27 am

Awesome Possum wrote: Overall, I'm not really excited for Doom 4 at all, I just feel like the game is lacking things I'd call Doom. It just feels like another Halo game and I saw that as an issue. If Halo and Brutal Doom had a baby, it would be Doom 4 alright!
This. I wasn't really blown away by it. I feel like I will get tired of the executions very quickly, granted they don't look like they break the flow of the game. I'm not sure how I feel about the design of the cyberdemon. It almost looks like something out of Blizzard's art catalog. I like the fast paced combat, and the door sound was a nice touch. The SnapMap thing was rather nifty as well.
"Secondly, <PRO> is utter shit, and they're only "known" because almost all of them are also staff." - /vr/

Sean
IRC Operator

Post by Sean » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:48 am

I must admit, that's a HUGE disappointment.
<capodecima> i dont say any more word without my loyer jenova

Samurai
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Clan: Lost Faction
Clan Tag: [LF]

Post by Samurai » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:16 am

Prefer the Doom 3 style over this in all honesty, will still get it mind.

Slim
Zandrone
Clan: Can't fit it in here
Clan Tag: -=FSR=-

Post by Slim » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:21 am

Doom 4 Cyberdemon is just, ehhhhh... I feel like, it's got a...

I feel like regurgitating a bit, it's a huge letdown after that teaser they released so long ago. (also WHY the slow motion weapon cycling wheel? This isn't a GTA 5 mod)

"Your childish antics grow tiring. If you dare to fight me, then I accept your challenge: Anytime, anywhere." - Zero, Megaman X5
Spoiler: Quotes (Open)
5:54 PM - Slim: you're complaining about something so small that
5:54 PM - Lance: so? we do that all the time
5:55 PM - Lance: we're a bunch of losers complaining at a bar minus the bar
Spoiler: Galactus tried evading (Open)

Manhs

Post by Manhs » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:31 am

I like some gameplay features (finish like in Brutal DOOM, bonus items, double jump, no reload ect...) but the atmopshere looks poor (not the relief) and it seems to be more like DOOM 3 than the DOOM i waited...

After the showcase, i tried to be positive but i must admit, i see this game like a 6/10...... I was pretty sad, it's not really fast paced like DOOM2;.....more like quake (2 or 3 ennemies max in the same time where you need a lot of time to kill them.

In DOOM2, you can kill 3 imp demon with a super shotgun....now ,it looks like "kill the ennemies but 1 by 1" except maybe if you have the rocket launcher or BFG...
I waited something more epic from the videos....maybe if they add more monsters, less HP for the ennemy, more speed again (it looked not so fast) and a redesign for the baron of hell (where are the horns ??? ) It could be very good....but now....im sad...I wanted this DOOM to be the game who can show the path of the true Fast paced action shooter of the old doom.
If they keep this way, it will be certainly a fun and good game, but not an epic one and not so dynamic too....

Anyways, i will buy it, they will release it in 1 year, i hope they can modify some things, i can dream anyway'.......
Oh yeah, i thought Quake was too dark for me, but Quake has a good evil style, very good level design and complexe exploration, very good game.
But here, the exploration/level design/graphism reminds me more Duke Nukem Forever, a little......

At least we have always the old retro fps like Quake Doom, Heretic.....and a lot of others (lol Hexen 2 has a "run" who is faster than DOOMGUY (but yeah less weapons).
It's why i think all the retro fps like those (Blood, Shadow Warrior too) will be always the best games....it's sad but at least, long live to the DOOM community and others retro fps community.
Last edited by Manhs on Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Samurai
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Clan: Lost Faction
Clan Tag: [LF]

Post by Samurai » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:07 am

Fused wrote: These videos have been out for an hour already so why hasn't this been posted yet
So the day is finally upon us where we finally get some Doom (or Doom 4, whatever) gameplay. Nobody is probably going to read this anyway since you guys want to see the videos, so here goes.

First off, another trailer. This is pretty much like a wrap up of the gameplay video.
Spoiler: trailer (Open)
phpBB [video]

Next off, the gameplay. This one is alot similar to what the people from Quakecon 2014 have told us about, this might be that gameplay.
Spoiler: gameplay (Open)
phpBB [video]

And finally, there is also some multiplayer stuff
(no offence but I thought it was Halo in the first 15 seconds)
Spoiler: multiplayer gameplay (Open)
phpBB [video]

So what do you guys think about Brut- I mean the new Doom?

Edit: imo if they limit those executions (perhaps make it a berserk feature) I would like it.
Where did the original video you posted of the gameplay go? There are 2 trailer clips there now.

Fused
Contributor

Post by Fused » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:12 am

Welp. I switched them both but only fixed the trailer one. Will fix and add some other videos.
My mods
Image Image

My socials
Image Image

IdeIdoom
Zandrone

Post by IdeIdoom » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:49 am

Manhs wrote: I like some gameplay features (finish like in Brutal DOOM, bonus items, double jump, no reload ect...) but the atmopshere looks poor (not the relief) and it seems to be more like DOOM 3 than the DOOM i waited...
And why is it bad? Doom from the beginning was supposed to be an Alien game and I thought Doom 3 was okay, maybe it wasn't Doom 1 or 2 but it was something different from the other two games.
After the showcase, i tried to be positive but i must admit, i see this game like a 6/10...... I was pretty sad, it's not really fast paced like DOOM2;.....more like quake (2 or 3 ennemies max in the same time where you need a lot of time to kill them.
It's also limited by the grapichs of the game. It would really lag the game. I feel like the number of the enemies in one room is fine.
In DOOM2, you can kill 3 imp demon with a super shotgun....now ,it looks like "kill the ennemies but 1 by 1" except maybe if you have the rocket launcher or BFG...
Hmm, they still feel like they have the same HP like in the old Doom, I just don't know why.
I waited something more epic from the videos....maybe if they add more monsters, less HP for the ennemy, more speed again (it looked not so fast) and a redesign for the baron of hell (where are the horns ??? ) It could be very good....but now....im sad...I wanted this DOOM to be the game who can show the path of the true Fast paced action shooter of the old doom.
If they keep this way, it will be certainly a fun and good game, but not an epic one and not so dynamic too....
But it was epic with the enemies shown. Ripping enemies open with your own hands, fucking chainsawing them to death, holy fucking shit. And the Revenant at the end making a fatality on you.
The Baron of Hell/Hell Knight uses Doom 3's Design which is a subjective thing.
The game looked fast paced one way or another, more fast paced than CoD for sure. Same speed as Wolfenstein:TNO and nobody cried about the speed of it.
It still feels new to the genre, they tried to innovate the game a bit rather than staying to the roots which is better (look at CoD, the same gameplay since the first one, only Black Ops and AW tried new things).
Oh yeah, i thought Quake was too dark for me, but Quake has a good evil style, very good level design and complexe exploration, very good game.
But here, the exploration/level design/graphism reminds me more Duke Nukem Forever, a little......
Yeah a bit linear really. But that's how it was in Wolfenstein TNO's E3 gameplay as well and everyone thought it would be another failed remake.

Overall I'd rather want them to keep on trying new things than to just stick to the roots and be just another DooM game but with better grapichs.
Last edited by IdeIdoom on Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE ROMANIAN POWERImage

Code: Select all

<+Dastan>	edd
<+Dastan>	boxxy skin when
<+Shift>	dastan you really want to fap at it this much and now you are going crazy and shredding your hair into a million tiny pieces for this boxxy skin to come out that way you can cum out
<+Dastan>	Shift, yes
--------------------------------------------------------------------
21:53:26  <@Estar>	well, if i'd be a girl, i would say ideidoom has ok looks

Bloax
Forum Regular

Post by Bloax » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:11 am

You shouldn't forget that the game was played with a controller (fancy that) while moving suspiciously slowly.

I'm not sure where anyone is getting the fact that it's a "slow" game - I certainly can't see how its fights are slower than the ones in Doom, unless you're only thinking of shooting imps with a ssg.
[quote="Kennon Conrad"]Dear LawCounsels,
To prove your compressor works, I suggest you try it on your posts and then post only the result.

We all know an ideal lossy compressor would output 0 bytes for your posts, so see if you can beat that.

Have a nice day.[/quote]

Manhs

Post by Manhs » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:17 am

I will try to be more positive, we havent seen a full stage (in hard mode by exemple), so i can't really say how is the game...but there is a lot of positive points, like the Revenant, he looks epic, the "no reload" is the best idea and the animations (finish) are greats.
I hope to see more in 1 year hehe :p
Yeah he played with a gamepad, it's why it looked weird (and maybe easy mode too :v: )
Last edited by Manhs on Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Galactus
Forum Regular

Post by Galactus » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:33 am

I'd say this looks amazing, love the double jump thing, love the fast paced combat that it shows and the graphics look pretty good. Too bad we'll have to wait until spring 2016...

Zeberpal
Forum Regular

Post by Zeberpal » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:21 am

Last edited by Zeberpal on Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image ImageImage

Strych6
Forum Regular

Post by Strych6 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:51 am

Zeberpal wrote: Image
I don't get it. The colour palette could be worse. In fact it is, I'm a little grossed out about the neon annotation throughout the game. Even Doom 3 knew the only neon to get away with is red

ibm5155
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by ibm5155 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:21 pm

The uac is on the center of the planet, so you should see some lava...
And how can u judge an alpha game? Screw your opinions I looked it.
At least it will not be a cod like the leaked trailer, and will get quake 3 arena + doom 1 scenery + brutal doom. + rage on I :D
Projects
Cursed Maze: DONE, V2.0
Zombie Horde - ZM09 map update: [3/15/13]
Need help with English? Then you've come to the right place!

<this post is proof of "Decline">

Konda
Forum Regular

Post by Konda » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:36 pm

The only thing bugging me right now is the guy instantly recovering from like 19hp to 90hp only from items dropped by one monster alone....
It's in the "gameplay 2" video...
Last edited by Konda on Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

<Synert> fuck
<Synert> plugged in my memory stick and got a bsod

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:44 pm

Yay they kept the original door sound! I'm loving the sound design in general.

The fatalities are cool but I hope they don't try to turn it into brutal doom. Gameplay >>>> flashiness
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

IdeIdoom
Zandrone

Post by IdeIdoom » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:52 pm

Ænima wrote: The fatalities are cool but I hope they don't try to turn it into brutal doom. Gameplay >>>> flashiness
Fatalities can be done sometimes and gives you extra health it seems. Otherwise you have your normal fast paced action (second gameplay video shows it).
THE ROMANIAN POWERImage

<+Dastan>	edd
<+Dastan>	boxxy skin when
<+Shift>	dastan you really want to fap at it this much and now you are going crazy and shredding your hair into a million tiny pieces for this boxxy skin to come out that way you can cum out
<+Dastan>	Shift, yes
--------------------------------------------------------------------
21:53:26  <@Estar>	well, if i'd be a girl, i would say ideidoom has ok looks

ibm5155
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by ibm5155 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:37 pm

since the video quality was shitty, get some screenshots over here
Spoiler: warning, 4k pics alert (Open)
I'll not lie, the cyberdemon looks better by the look
but this one idk, it looks different
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Things now looks a bit less scary and more like an arcade DooM, maybe it's the best way to revive the funny DooM 1 (and not the weird Doom 3 where you can't see nothing all the time and people use black glasses over the darkness)

EDIT
the light system with Id Tech 6 is really nice, I'm wondering if the voxels helped there, but I think ID lied, it'll be 6x times heavierthan rage and not 3, and I think I'll not be abble to run it :(

EDIT2:
ah the music is nice too, I knew it would be something like Quake 1, but at least with doom ambient music
Last edited by ibm5155 on Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Projects
Cursed Maze: DONE, V2.0
Zombie Horde - ZM09 map update: [3/15/13]
Need help with English? Then you've come to the right place!

<this post is proof of "Decline">