What games do you think are crap, but everyone else loves?

Off-topic chat. Real talk.
Catastrophe
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

RE: What games do you think are crap, but everyone else loves?

Post by Catastrophe » Sat May 16, 2015 8:17 pm

Sarcastrophe wrote: Mother. Fucking. Goat Simulator.

Fuck right off.

Making a game intentionally bad doesn't make it good.
Oh man I totally agree. They keep circle jerking on current gaming controversies just to sell more copies of their shitty game. I hate how they take advantage of that.
Last edited by Catastrophe on Sat May 16, 2015 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Sun May 17, 2015 12:31 am

Lately it seems indie games don't even need to be good games on their own in order for the steamtards to hype and then cum all over them. It's about who can advertise the most and seem the most edgy or funny or "indie". When I hear people use "indie" as an adjective with varying intensity I instantly laugh, when talking about games or music. "It's so indie", "it's a kinda indie game", "band x used to be more indie". If it's indie, it's indie, if it's not, it's not.

It's like the degree of pretentiousness once reserved for artists and musicians has entered the gaming world and we're seeing homebrew developers try to outweird and outcliche each other with dumb shit like Goat Simulator in an attempt for quick fame and a quick buck.

Also I thought Stanley Parable was funny but it's not even a game. It's just like a gmod skit or something. Pretty funny though. I'll admit I laughed at the 8 room.
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

Manhs

Post by Manhs » Sun May 17, 2015 2:56 am

True! It reminds me, a lot of people play Zigurrat, it seems to be an indie game, right?
It tries to be like a dark fantasy (with a lot of colors) but the gameplay and the point of the game, are really boring....... just some squares where you fight some monsters with a simple level up......i didnt like it at all....i lost like 17$ :/ (this game could be really better but we are far from that).
Better to play some old TRUE retro games who are better. :)

A lot of people want make videogames, but its not so easy to make a videogame, need a lot of time, professionnal people who know how to program some complex codes, it seems' :)
Last edited by Manhs on Sun May 17, 2015 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by fr blood » Sun May 17, 2015 7:16 am

World of Warcraft, League of Legends and Minecraft.

And I can already tell a new game that I won't like and a lot of people will play: Star Battlefront, that's look like crap compare to the old ones.

IdeIdoom
Zandrone

Post by IdeIdoom » Sun May 17, 2015 8:28 am

Battlefield 3: Even though I am more of a fast-paced action player, I still didn't quite catch the drift battlefield went.

And here are other games which I have a bad stance with: MMORPGs in general, League of Legends and DOTA (I enjoyed Smite and HOTS a bit), GTA 3.

And now the opposite...

World of Tanks: I got addicted to this once I started playing it more. It's a pretty interesting take on tank combat and I like it.
THE ROMANIAN POWERImage

Code: Select all

<+Dastan>	edd
<+Dastan>	boxxy skin when
<+Shift>	dastan you really want to fap at it this much and now you are going crazy and shredding your hair into a million tiny pieces for this boxxy skin to come out that way you can cum out
<+Dastan>	Shift, yes
--------------------------------------------------------------------
21:53:26  <@Estar>	well, if i'd be a girl, i would say ideidoom has ok looks

mr fiat
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by mr fiat » Sun May 17, 2015 12:45 pm

GTA:SA PS2 version (idk if the PC version is any diffrent.) maybe i dont like it because i played GTA2 for so many years that i feel alienated by the new ones.

raymoohawk

Post by raymoohawk » Sun May 17, 2015 11:13 pm

the postal games

ibm5155
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by ibm5155 » Tue May 19, 2015 6:17 pm

DOTA 2.
Why do everyone that I know only plays that '-', slow gameplay and a single char controll...
I actually prefer to play All out War 2 than DOTA 2

Lol on the same list.

Minecraft is a meh game, I kinda like to play it, but it's a great time eater game, I would prefer to play Heroes III on his place or another mobile game
Last edited by ibm5155 on Tue May 19, 2015 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Projects
Cursed Maze: DONE, V2.0
Zombie Horde - ZM09 map update: [3/15/13]
Need help with English? Then you've come to the right place!

<this post is proof of "Decline">

nambona890
Banned
Clan Tag: [BAF]
Banned: Permanently

Post by nambona890 » Sat May 30, 2015 2:34 am

Speaking of FNaF, there have been shit tons of FNaF related videos in my recommended vids on Youtube, and I don't know why.

A game that I feel deserves more attention than it gets though, is Blinx 2: Masters of Time and Space. It's a great game with a very unique concept.

P.S: I just found out this is the 69th post on the thread.
Last edited by nambona890 on Sat May 30, 2015 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheMightyHeracross
Forum Regular

Post by TheMightyHeracross » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:06 pm

Sarcastrophe wrote: Mother. Fucking. Goat Simulator.

Fuck right off.

Making a game intentionally bad doesn't make it good.
I don't like this either. I'll add in Surgeon Simulator on that topic as well.

I also can't stand 99% of Flash games. Most of them are either something stupid (i.e. Mario on a shooting rampage), dress-up games, dating sims, or just plain boring. Especially those 2D sniper games. I'm standing totally still and moving my mouse around the screen until I find the dude I need to shoot. How fun.

If I'm allowed to put a reverse: I actually like Corridor 7 quite a bit. The guns are satisfying to use, the music is great, AdLib and CD alike, and it manages to pull of a bit of a creepy feel even in the Wolf engine... even without weird red floating skull guy coming at you (if you've played, you'll know).
THE MIGHTY HERACROSS

TFP
New User

Post by TFP » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:38 am

Aside from obvious answers like modern shooters, lol/moba styled games, etc... My choices would be:

Kingdom Hearts: Never got into this series and after playing a bit of the 1st game, I can say I have no interest into seeking into the rest. It's battle system seems interesting (aside from something basic like guarding having to be some skill you have to equip. Really stupid if you ask me) and the music and levels being neat. The characters (Besides the disney ones) are either forgettable or bland (also I'm not too fond of Final Fantasy games or most jrpgs)

Megaman Battle Network: Overrated, I never found the battle system in the game to be fun and more like a chore. Also the navi-cust thing introduced in 3 and beyond is just butt. Also not too fond of most of the characters or designs in it.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of whatever and beyond that: The latter games of the series don't seem to have that sort of charm that red/blue rescue team had. For explorers, I was never too fond of the whole guild aspect that the second game had. And the Gen 6 version killed all interest in me with the choices of the pokemon you can choose to play as. (seriously why would you do that. why limit on the choices that the previous games had)

LoZ: A link between worlds: I will admit I do not have the game so this view is just from an outsider's pov but I'm not too fond of the way the weapons are handled in the game. I'd rather have a majority them be like how they were in previous games and a small half be purchasable. also do not like the whole weps are taken away when you die aspect either or the stamina bar to use them. Everything else seems fine but the weapon thing is a no in my book

Smash 4: Not really too fond of the final roster, nor the changes to the game as well as the extra modes. also no wonder red makes me sad

Rare collectithons: for me I don't really see the appeal of the games that people that say are "Amazing". Aside from Conker (Which the gags in it make it memorable), the others have nothing that is too interesting about them. I just assume it's the nostalgia goggles they have on.

Sonic genesis games (STH1 to &K): I'm not saying they're bad but just extremely overrated and the fans kinda ruined their appeal to me.

As for the reverse(As in games I like but people hate/are underrated)

Marathon: Interesting theme, elements, and atmosphere. Awesome weapons. P'hor are very neat enemies. Too bad its so unknown to most people.

Megaman Starforce series: I personally see Starforce to be a lot more fun than BN. The battle system feels a lot more improved and not as restricting as the one in BN. People say they gimped it for the 3d style (as you can only move in 3 spaces compared to 9 in BN.) but they seem to forget that there are ways to get around it like the lock-on and the guard functions. And I don't mind that the main character is a bit melancholy (although that was only in the 1st game and you'd be the same if you were young, came home and found out your dad died. Just saying)

The Wonderful 101: Amazing. Just Amazing. People and Critics rank on it saying the controls are too hard to get used to but this game is like a bronco, it'll toss your ass off at first but with enough training you'll be the one on top. Now I'm not saying it's 100% or should I say 101% perfect but it still is a good game and you should give it a chance (checking out the demo is a good start tho)

Super Paper Mario: I remember this game gets shit on a lot just because it wasn't an rpg like the previous two games. I can understand the disappointment if people were expecting a follow-up to ttyd but the game is still fun in its own style.
(I'm probably gonna get flak for my poor tastes)
Uh-Oh Hotdog!

Watermelon
Zandrone

Post by Watermelon » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:59 am

I never understood why I didnt like WoW since I played Runescape a lot and made bots for it.

Oddbrother

Post by Oddbrother » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:52 pm

Grand Theft Auto Online.

nambona890
Banned
Clan Tag: [BAF]
Banned: Permanently

Post by nambona890 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:13 am

Catastrophe wrote: They keep circle jerking on current gaming controversies just to sell more copies of their shitty game. I hate how they take advantage of that.
So basically games like Hatred? I do feel it's just trying to be edgy and offensive.

P.S. Is it ok if I revive a 3 month old topic?
Last edited by nambona890 on Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Awesome Possum

Post by Awesome Possum » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:02 pm

nambona890 wrote:
Catastrophe wrote: They keep circle jerking on current gaming controversies just to sell more copies of their shitty game. I hate how they take advantage of that.
So basically games like Hatred? I do feel it's just trying to be edgy and offensive.

P.S. Is it ok if I revive a 3 month old topic?
It shouldn't hurt to necro a 3 month year old thread, as I've seen 2-3 year old threads necro'd before. Necromancy is bad though. :neutral:

The Toxic Avenger
Forum Staff
Clan: ???
Clan Tag: [???]

Post by The Toxic Avenger » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:03 pm

I don't see the issue.

ANYWAY, stuff I don't give a shit for or don't like:
- Any CoD
- Minecraft
- Any FNAF
- LoL
- DotA
- Any KH
- Any FF past 10 (I admit I own 10+10-2 on PS4)
- WoW
- Starcraft
- Games made by Rare after being bought by Microsoft
- Most sports games. There's definitely good ones out there though (like Mario Tennis on N64 and any Punch-Out game)

That's about what I can think of AtM
Last edited by The Toxic Avenger on Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Broccoli Wand
Registered just to make one post

Post by Broccoli Wand » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:57 pm

Team Fortress 2

CS GO

Basically any generic modern shooter

The first Shadow Warrior

Wolfenstein 3D (I loved that game, but playing it without nostalgia in mind is as painful as fucking a rusty needle.)

Bioshock Infinite

Literally every pewdiepie baits

The newest Hitman game.

TheCount
New User

Post by TheCount » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:34 pm

All mobile/freemium games, Boom Beach etc

Minecraft-esque crafting games

Destiny...

Samuzero15tlh
Forum Regular
Clan Tag: <skr>

Post by Samuzero15tlh » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:29 pm

Every flash games with a F***ed up theme, Like Frozen when trying to clean their teeths.

That's grosse.
Everyone wants happiness without pain, but you cant have a rainbow without a rain.

I'm working in the Shotgun Frenzy Plus mod in my free time.
Yes, I have a pet that helps me to build doom projects, the Pack-O-Daemon, ain't it cute?.

Spoiler: My Other zandro stuff! (Open)

Samuzero15tlh

Ascertabus

Post by Ascertabus » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:05 pm

The Dead Rising and early Resident Evil series.
I was spoiled by the fluid movement and controls from 4 and 5, and the tank controls are just infuriating for me when I'm not in a tank.
I also despise having to do shit under a rigid time-limit when I want to just explore everywhere.
KISS me you Deaf Leopards