Sim Theme Park/Theme Park World

Off-topic chat. Real talk.
Hydracon
Registered just to make one post

Sim Theme Park/Theme Park World

Post by Hydracon » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:32 pm

I've been on this forum for awhile (Lurking)(I was also around in the Skulltag Days) but I feel this is the first time I've ever actually needed to post. I've been trying to Modify the game "Sim Theme Park/Theme Park World" and I've been hitting a few dead ends. It uses the same .wad format that Doom uses and for models .md2 just like ID so I assume it uses one of the old ID game engine's. I was able to unpack all of the .wad files using Dragon UnPACKer and I've been finding more and more file types I'm not familiar with; I'm currently trying to figure out those relating file types but If anyone could help me with my endeavor I would be very grateful.

Thank you to anyone who reads this wall of text.

Edit: It seems I need a Wad Editor that can load its headers but It's not really working out. xWe isn't loading it and I cant find a working version of sLumpEd.

Edit 2: Dragon UnPACKer is good for Unpacking but I really need that packing feature.

Edit 3: I changed the topic name and all instances of the word Theme Park world to show both its US and UK release names.
Last edited by Hydracon on Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Laa
New User

Re: Sim Theme Park/Theme Park World

Post by Laa » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:36 pm

I got lucky searching for information on Doom Wad files and found this post.

Sim Theme Park uses similar Wad files as Doom does, but I also have yet to find an editor that works on them. I'd like to change the game up a bit; it was coded for much slower computers and I'd love to adapt the game so that it can be played to its fullest.

Many of you seem to be experts at editing Wads from Doom, do you think you could help Hydracon, me, and anyone else looking to figure out how to edit Wads in this game?