Cyborg R.A.T. 7

Off-topic chat. Real talk.
KalFoxis
Banned
Banned: Permanently

Cyborg R.A.T. 7

Post by KalFoxis » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:22 am

I recently got my Cyborg R.A.T. 7 Gaming mouse and I'm already having a issue with it. if anyone has this same issue and knows a fix I'd like to know.

When ever I aim up and or down my left and right mouse buttons [either one pressed during the aiming] sticks. as if the client isnt registering that i've clicked or let the buttons go. I know it can't be client sided lag because when I run doom entirly, I don't even lag on SC2 so I know for a fact it can't be lag. I have nothing else open at the time. I'm running a Fujitsu lifebook T2020 pc tablet.

I also use a USB mouse rate adjustment program but I doudt that has any relavence to the issue.

I've already re-installed the driver and software plus tested with the windows driver that defaultly installs. I have tried it with just the driver and also with just the software. same thing happens.

I'm also aware that people are having this same issue with linux computers using this particular mouse.
When I aim side to side it works perfectly. it's only when I aim up and down. Upon further testing I've comfirmed that it's not the software because the test feature in the software registers the up and down aiming while pressing the buttons normally. so it's boiled down to client.
Last edited by KalFoxis on Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

ALIENwolve

RE: Cyborg R.A.T. 7

Post by ALIENwolve » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:31 am

I believe there is another thread investigating this issue for multiple mouse types. Perhaps you should check there about it?

KalFoxis
Banned

Post by KalFoxis » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:33 am

where at?

KalFoxis
Banned

Post by KalFoxis » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:47 am

After more testing it seems like it's a Zdoom error within their current revision.

I've tested it on zandronum, zDaemon, Skulltag 98d, Cyclonix, and Odamex. Odamex is the only one that it works perfect on. all the other fps games I play work fine. so it's really a zdoom issue with the mouse input.

Catastrophe
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Catastrophe » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:13 pm

Last edited by Catastrophe on Fri May 11, 2018 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TIHan
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by TIHan » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:26 pm

I have also noticed issues with this mouse in Zan + ZDoom as well as a linux system.

Ijon Tichy
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by Ijon Tichy » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:46 pm

Yeah, the deal with Linux is that apparently, the mode toggling button works by releasing the previous mode and 'clicking' the new one. This works fine in Windows (for some reason), but with X, it turns what would be a "button 1" event into a "button 1 + button 13/14/15" (or something like that). I've gotten a little success mapping the buttons to -1 with xinput, but it doesn't seem to work reliably.

Then again, I don't have the thing anymore, so eeehhhh.