Next Gen Consoles (and why I'm not going to buy them for several years)

Off-topic chat. Real talk.
Synert
Forum Regular

RE: Next Gen Consoles (and why I'm not going to buy them for several years)

Post by Synert » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:28 pm

Ijon Tichy wrote:Yeah, I don't get how dual control sticks is a good control scheme for an FPS at all.
The few times I've played CoD on a console round a friend's house, I've been able to aim pretty damn well. I can keep with somebody as they're running everywhere without being aware that I'm even doing anything, which leads me to the conclusion that my hands are indeed possessed.

Zaranell
New User

Post by Zaranell » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:10 am

I'm apparently in the minority, then. I don't really prefer consoles to PCs, or vice versa. I just use both. While I much prefer to play an FPS with mouse and keyboard, I also like to play a lot of splitscreen co-op with my friends - mainly Gears of War and Halo, but others as well. However, I also play plenty of online co-op; recently that has involved a lot of Diablo 3. Hence, I'm on kind of an even split between the two non-portable methods of gaming.

As for the rumors of possible anti-piracy measures for next-gen consoles, I currently have a "wait and see" approach. I can't really say for sure if any such restrictions would be a deal breaker for me.
Last edited by Zaranell on Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:08 am

Well I can say that I am definately not buying the consoles that come out next, they are too time wasting and if I want to play any games I can just buy a game for pc and mod the game myself.
Did you just bite me? Come here, I will bite you back bastard.

Swarm of Koala
New User

Post by Swarm of Koala » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:40 am

Ruin wrote: I have to agree with this. I personally didn't find the Wii U too impressive, not to mention that I can't help but think of the movie "Kung Pow" whenever I hear the name uttered.
You made me laugh. This is for you.

[spoiler]WEU![/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]