Simple Greetings

Off-topic chat. Real talk.
DoomPiterZandro
New User

Simple Greetings

Post by DoomPiterZandro » Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:54 pm

Hello, folks. Name's Piter. If you've been in some parts of the ZDoom Community, you'd probably have seen me pop-up here and there... In the ZDoom Forums...?? Wait, what's going on here?!
Simply put, uh... I gave up from trying to stay in the ZDoom Forums, simple as that. The updates that were given recently today were... Simply put, "a MESS and a Half".
Don't know how something like that can even happen, but hey: It... Did. So i just decided to stay in these forums instead. Sure, it may not BE as popular or active, but hey: If at least i can put my stuff up proper without getting swept by thousands afterwards, than i'm more than willing to do so.

Besides this, just felt like the Zandro Forums could get some more "love", which i'm more than happy to share with. I suggest you keep an eye out, because some of my mods will definitely be up in here too.

Empyre
Zandrone

Re: Simple Greetings

Post by Empyre » Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:57 pm

Welcome! These forums are kind of slow, but the Discord has a little bit more activity.

Unfortunately, Zandronum is stuck. Zandronum is built upon ZDoom, and now GZDoom, but ZScript is incompatible with Zandronum's multiplayer code, so it is now stuck on the last update before ZScript was introduced. That means DECORATE is as it was at that point, too. Every ACS compiler I have heard of makes code that works in Zandronum, so that seems to be unaffected.

Given those limitations, there is still plenty that you can do in a Zandronum mod.
"For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky."

MORTAL
New User

Post by MORTAL » Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:49 pm

Last edited by MORTAL on Thu May 18, 2023 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Toxic Avenger
Forum Staff
Clan: ???
Clan Tag: [???]

Post by The Toxic Avenger » Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:45 pm

Gonna say it right now; this forum is not a place to start shit-talking other forums. If you have a problem with Zdoom, here's not the place to rally people.

BTW, I hang with Zdoom's administration and they're pretty good people. Further attempts to rally people against another forum in this thread will be an instant warning.

wildweasel
New User

Post by wildweasel » Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:04 pm

full-loaded of politics, propaganda, condescending despotic arrogance and controversy that YOU MUST ACCEPT
Such as...? 🤔