Page 5 of 9

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:38 pm
by Jwarrier
@JZ
I'm too competitive to throw priv games, so that is entirely fictional. I have never once been accused of throwing games. Hell I take pub games as serious as tournament rounds sometimes.

@Rust

So your point is that because you have a quote of me saying I would report every time you or your crew harassed another community member in hopes the administration would finally stand up against you? That is exactly the point. I did not start anything, you guys did. You came into our TS spamming me constantly to lure me out of our locked channel and verbally assaulted me until you got a rise out of me. After that night was over Raz continued to rename himself on public servers until he was reported to admins regarding the ongoing harassment. This also continued on a regular basis where your crew would randomly join TS with your nicks of "Beats his kid" or "Drunk Daddy" and I would kick/ban the accounts or ignore and reported them to TSPG constantly. Mobius would regularly sit in the server until I logged on and then un-mute immediately the second I joined the server. The fact that nobody on TSPG seemed to care caused me to give up on moderating that team speak server and eventually stop connecting to it all-together. My reports on the forums were ignored and when I private messaged admins about the issue I was told to stop reporting, that I was causing drama. My thread on Decay which showcased his negative and destructive flaming of community members in a very small sample size of ALL of his most recent posts led to me being told I was "well known for hating Decay" and so nothing mattered. My point isn't my feelings towards the A3 children, my point is that no one on the administration cares enough to do anything about an obvious issue. It is public knowledge that they use my family to antagonize me just as it is public knowledge that I am "easily antagonized" and not well liked. But every time I say anything, private or public, I am the drama starter. I don't save a million quotes on my HDD in specially named folders like I'm sure you all do (from your constant source material), but a simple forum search will show you that my name was brought up and I was attacked multiple times before I even posted my first post in months yesterday night. Quote that.

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:44 pm
by Mobius
Leonard wrote:I read from the same people who are shitposting this very thread that metal was biased against them.
It would make sense that they're the people who would complain about being too strict since they're the ones who were punished because of it.
You mean when people said the staff was too strict banning Galactus? I certainly never said the staff was strict currently but the previous administration banned me for 3 years just because I posted in my own clan topic rofl yeah ok

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:46 pm
by Dynamo
Ah, I suppose this had to happen too eventually.
Leonard wrote:I'm going to be very clear here so you don't bring this up over and over again, repeating myself for the 5th time, my intent was not to ban Decay specifically but to get the staff to do what they're supposed to.
It's not up to you to tell the staff what they are supposed or not supposed to do. You can give suggestions as you have, but it's not your call. And thanks, I do indeed hope you won't repeat yourself endlessy like last time (or telling me to go kill myself like you did)
Leonard wrote:Decay being banned for a month changed absolutely nothing, see this very thread which is 5 pages long.
To begin with, this thread was (apparently for whatever inexplicable reason) about Mobius largely rather than Decay. Also, this thread is 5 pages long because Jenova repeated the same exact nonsense/false information for 5 pages in a row and completely refused to listen to those who tried to reason. DId you actually read the thread before posting?

Leonard wrote:Yes, which is why this thread has been going on for 5 pages now.
Again, read what I said above. I've been in this community for 10+ years and I know much more about how it used to be and how it is now than you could ever hope to.

Leonard wrote:Definitely not.
What does this have to do with me? I'm not responsible for what other people post and I wasn't defending any flamewars in the first place, if you had read my posts you'd know that.
Leonard wrote:In the end I think Jenova is right in saying that the staff are simply afraid to actually moderate and make this forum a clean place.
Definitely, which explains why he wasn't banned. :rolleyes:
Leonard wrote:It would make sense that they're the people who would complain about being too strict since they're the ones who were punished because of it.
You know nothing about that story so you can only come up with wild guesses. I was there and you weren't. Don't try to lecture me on things you know absolutely nothing about.
Leonard wrote:Maybe you should actually listen to other people instead of this endless circlejerk that, as pointed out, no one wants to put up with.
Yes, I pointed that out, and yes, I am definitely against this circlejerk started by Jenova and his 3000 invisible supporters.
Leonard wrote:You can do better than that and improve on them. You can actually be strict without being biased and without having the public dislike you.
Sure. I definitely do look forward to seeing staff action in these new times, now that Jenova has showed his true colors, perhaps we can finally have some peace. Long live Zandronum!

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:49 pm
by SwordGrunt
Whoa, would you look at that. Jenova killed BE. What a bastard. Let's look at A3's view on this, in a simple way to put it:

"Jenova is an asshole, he's starting drama because of a personal vendetta and using his BE service as blackmailing to get the staff to do what he wants".

What's wrong with this sentence? Jenova can definitely be a dick, as he has admitted himself countless times throughout this thread as well as IRC logs. He has also stated himself and Mobius hate each other. And now he decided to shut down his BE server cluster.

The funniest thing here, though, is that "getting the staff to do what he wants" is in truth "getting the staff to take action". Despite the constant derailing from the subject, there was shit tossing between Avc and Mobius, and nothing happened until it was complained about by Jenova (could've been someone else, but Jenova has shown multiple times he has the balls to stand up and get shit to hit the fan). The whole point is, years come and go and Mobius and Decay act like complete dicks, their crew backs them up and occasionally they get banned but most of the time get to toss shit at people in obscene proportions with the staff refusing to give a fuck. Jenova isn't planning some magic mindgame by shutting down BE, he's literally just tired of having to see this shit happen over and over and receive "we'll give harsher punishment next time" as an answer, only there have been several "next times" already. Why would you waste time and money on something for a community being torn apart by people who consider themselves "positive contributors" by "making maps, mods and getting cacos" while simultaneously enjoying shitting on others' heads, digging up old stuff from other people to make them look less bad in situations like this?

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:56 pm
by Nati46
Razgriz wrote:There is one thing I'm going to address that Jenova keeps pushing forth, and it's the fact he has "many people who agree with him in PM" when it comes to Mobius and A3 (more specifically Mobius).

It's been over half a year since his IRC and Forum ban got reversed, but now 1 incident suddenly means he's evil and should never have been unbanned. I don't see see how 1 incident should result in a perm either, but somehow suddenly there is an invisible brigade of people behind Jenova, who were nowhere near present during the time of that topic. It was seen, and nobody said anything during, or after. Mobius was given a clean slate along with Decay, and they have been treated like other users regardless of their history because that's what a clean slate is and it's what the staff figured was the right choice, and nobody disagreed.
Anybody who has been around for a while would figure that Mobius and Decay have pretty much stuck around mainly to provoke all kinds of drama whenever given the opportunity, it's their passion and they continue to step it up every time, hence the dozens of bans and unchanging behavior for the last 5+ years.
More intriguing are the same people trying to portray them as otherwise, it is really funny to watch while being ridiculously transparent. Claiming "unfairness" by bringing up irrelevant closed cases from 2012 while ignoring past and present actions which were dissimiliar in terms of severity and proportion, using strawman arguments etc .And the funny thing is that it actually works to some extent, the staff is too appeasing and imo should be way less tolerant towards them given their past.
Just looking at their history makes any "clean slate" argument as ridiculous, given the fact that they have recieved multiple chances and still decided to fuck it up badly. Must mean something, no?

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:56 pm
by Samurai
Image

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:01 am
by Dynamo
SwordGrunt wrote:The funniest thing here, though, is that "getting the staff to do what he wants" is in truth "getting the staff to take action".
The staff has taken action multiple times and things have changed dramatically over the past few years. Don't bring up things you don't have the sightest clue about.
SwordGrunt wrote:Despite the constant derailing from the subject, there was shit tossing between Avc and Mobius
What does this have to do with best ever? Nothing. Even so, Jenova was just as guilty of the shit tossing with AVC as the logs proved, except Mobius was banned for it (by the same moderator that jenova accused of sheltering mobius, even) while Jenova was not punished. Did you even read the thread?
SwordGrunt wrote:(could've been someone else, but Jenova has shown multiple times he has the balls to stand up and get shit to hit the fan).
I agree that it takes a lot of balls and probably a bit of naivety to start massive circlejerks and flamewars in an attempt to disrupt the community for a stupid vendetta, but that doesn't make what he did any smarter.

As for Mobius, as I said already I'm not strictly defending him (you can ask him and he can confirm that we barely interact for the most part), except at least Mobius isn't painting himself to be the good guy unlike Jenova
<Jenova> but hey
<Jenova> apparently im the evil dude
(among others I don't care enough to dig up right about now)
SwordGrunt wrote:Jenova isn't planning some magic mindgame by shutting down BE
Well whatever it is that he was planning he kind of blew his chance. Nobody asked him to keep BE online that I can tell so if he wants to close it that's certainly not gonna receive opposition from anybody. His call.
SwordGrunt wrote:he's literally just tired of having to see this shit happen over and over and receive "we'll give harsher punishment next time" as an answer, only there have been several "next times" already.
He is not a moderator, despite the fact that he tried his hardest to become one. For one thing, I've been in zandronum for so many years and I still play almost daily, yet I almost never ended up getting caught in any drama or shit slinging by anybody. If I did that surely Jenova could've achieved the same if he was so frustrated by it. If you knew the actual logs and the actual history you would know that Jenova is even more guilty than Mobius of starting up hostilities for senseless reasons. That said, I'm not the best person to talk about this matter as I'm not involved with dramas of any kind (except this one I guess).
SwordGrunt wrote:Why would you waste time and money on something
Again. If you don't want to, don't. End of story.
SwordGrunt wrote:people who consider themselves "positive contributors" by "making maps, mods and getting cacos" while simultaneously enjoying shitting on others' heads, digging up old stuff from other people to make them look less bad in situations like this?
If you had read the actual logs and knew the actual backstories, you would be perfectly aware that everybody that Decay and other people have shit on were no saints themselves and in fact were arguably much worse (capodecima, Galactus, Luke, and a ton of other people that almost everybody is glad are gone or almost gone).

You want to know why you are saying what you're saying? Why people repeat this charade of "people are being shit on by the evil A3!" (even though as Jenova himself said it's not really A3 that's the problem). Because of rumors. Because people see a bunch of posts with rude words, hear someone else who has a vendetta against these people talk about how evil they are, and they are led to believe that to be the case, without knowing any of the backstory behind anything, without doing proper research, because that's what most people do. And that's what you are doing right now. You are clueless, you are only speculating and your post sums up perfectly that you don't know much about the situation.

So I'm just glad a lot of people are not like that and it's not clueless people who make the decisions.

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:02 am
by Mobius
SwordGrunt wrote:Whoa, would you look at that. Jenova killed BE. What a bastard. Let's look at A3's view on this, in a simple way to put it:

"Jenova is an asshole, he's starting drama because of a personal vendetta and using his BE service as blackmailing to get the staff to do what he wants".

What's wrong with this sentence? Jenova can definitely be a dick, as he has admitted himself countless times throughout this thread as well as IRC logs. He has also stated himself and Mobius hate each other. And now he decided to shut down his BE server cluster.
Irrelevant.
Swordgrunt wrote:The funniest thing here, though, is that "getting the staff to do what he wants" is in truth "getting the staff to take action". Despite the constant derailing from the subject, there was shit tossing between Avc and Mobius, and nothing happened until it was complained about by Jenova (could've been someone else, but Jenova has shown multiple times he has the balls to stand up and get shit to hit the fan).
Yes this has happened a lot in both administrations and it was a shitty move. It's a good thing something happened. It's the one thing I agree with him on currently.
guigui swordgrun wrote:The whole point is, years come and go and Mobius and Decay act like complete dicks,
Didn't you shit talk us to the point you left EG to join TM because you couldn't win a scrim with you running your mouth or am I to assume only you can be given a chance. Why don't you answer to this

Why don't we sift through my post history and you tell me. How about we start from this
https://zandronum.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 4&start=60

or
https://zandronum.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... =80#p89751

or

https://zandronum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=6706

Let the community decide indeed rofl
Swordgrunt wrote:their crew backs them up and occasionally they get banned but most of the time get to toss shit at people in obscene proportions with the staff refusing to give a fuck. Jenova isn't planning some magic mindgame by shutting down BE, he's literally just tired of having to see this shit happen over and over and receive "we'll give harsher punishment next time" as an answer, only there have been several "next times"
No one asked him and he isn't entitled to any special treatment. He went to staff, made a fuss, got upset he got what he wanted (I got banned), and started this entire shitfest himself. He's been at it for days. I have not even made a single thread or post about it. It's tiring and enough. He does it every year. Alexmax has hosted one of the most iconic zandronum servers for us for years and has never pulled such a power move other than the time I was unjustifiably masterbanned by Metal. Get your story straight.
Swordgrunt wrote:Why would you waste time and money on something for a community being torn apart by people who consider themselves "positive contributors" by "making maps, mods and getting cacos" while simultaneously enjoying shitting on others' heads, digging up old stuff from other people to make them look less bad in situations like this?
You mean like how Jenova's entire spiel is about my past stuff while my current stuff is no where near as my bad. If he gave an ounce of a fuck about this community he would have let the community and the staff run it on their own and not went into a huge fit over it because he didn't get his way. He could have went about this better, discretely, and more favorably.

He chose not to.

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:02 am
by Laggy Blazko
Welp. It's sad to see this die.
Anyways, thanks for all these years of letting us set up good public servers, Best-Ever. We'll miss you.

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:05 am
by John Zombie
Jwarrier wrote:@JZ
I'm too competitive to throw priv games, so that is entirely fictional. I have never once been accused of throwing games. Hell I take pub games as serious as tournament rounds sometimes.
I remember a number of instances where EG mass-joined priv, picked each other whenever one of them was cap and then proceeded to, well, "barely putting any effort in games" if you prefer calling it like that.
I even asked other people(just a couple, not 3000 like jenova's ghost supporters) if they remembered that and they confirmed, so it's definitely not my memory acting up. Take at least some responsability for your own actions

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:08 am
by Mobius
Nati46 wrote:muh history
You, jenova, and whoever else

https://zandronum.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... =80#p98735

Has not been refuted. How about when you tried to derail my WoC tournament thread with your bullshit and I had to report you because you are a notorious troll and topic derailer. That was a month ago.

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:10 am
by Dynamo
In any case, I personally believe this thread has run its course. We can argue about the ups and downs all day but I think the decision is now final and the community will adjust itself accordingly. It's not the end of the world, we'll survive. As Jenova himself said, TSPG is available for your hosting needs, and should prove to be an excellent alternative.

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:10 am
by ├ćnima
Ya'll are being petty. I was like "tl;dr" after page 3.

Jenova's always been a cool dude to me and always helped me out whenever I had a question. If nobody's getting banned and BE isn't ending then I don't know why this thread isn't locked yet. Mobius isn't getting banned either and neither is Decay. And I think the current moderation is doing a pretty good job in comparison to admin teams in years past.

I'd like to think that the majority of Zandronum players are blissfully unaware of the years-old clan beefs that have been brought up here.

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:12 am
by Dynamo
├ćnima wrote:I'd like to think that the majority of Zandronum players are blissfully unaware of the years-old clan beefs that have brought up here.
This is very true. So many players are sadly completely unaware on the context and background of a lot of the situations, so I udnerstand why their judgement is only partial. Still, always time to learn I guess :)

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:13 am
by Nati46
Mobius wrote:
Nati46 wrote:muh history
You, jenova, and whoever else

https://zandronum.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... =80#p98735

Has not been refuted. How about when you tried to derail my WoC tournament thread with your bullshit and I had to report you because you are a notorious troll and topic derailer. That was a month ago.
This?

Legitimately asked a question (I have been inactive for a while and genuinely did not hear of WoC), recieved a cheeky answer and wrote a cheeky reply. After that the thread continued as is. Btw I did not know that you actually reported me for that lmao.
Nice projecting btw.
I will let Jen speak for himself.

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:14 am
by Jwarrier
John Zombie wrote: I remember a number of instances where EG mass-joined priv, picked each other whenever one of them was cap and then proceeded to, well, "barely putting any effort in games" if you prefer calling it like that.
I even asked other people(just a couple, not 3000 like jenova's ghost supporters) if they remembered that and they confirmed, so it's definitely not my memory acting up. Take at least some responsability for your own actions
Yes we picked each other, that strategy has been around since the start of doom CTF with all sorts of clans. In some cases we even picked our members like Stan and Boko who were not the best players but NEVER ONCE got a chance to play. Considering people were banned in that same time frame for throwing games, than that would mean we would have been reported OR warned OR heard anything about this before your completely ghosted random memory. Before you start saying this happened during our Friday events we logged what we did and we never once played PRIV on those dates, we instead did FNF, scrims, survival, and inter-clan tournaments.

BTW I remember this one time when you disconnected during a priv game because you were upset about something with the teams, so what?

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:22 am
by IdeIdoom
Nati46 wrote:
This?

Legitimately asked a question (I have been inactive for a while and genuinely did not hear of WoC), recieved a cheeky answer and wrote a cheeky reply. After that the thread continued as is. Btw I did not know that you actually reported me for that lmao.
Nice projecting btw.
I will let Jen speak for himself.
The only cheeky part was at the end, really (The Israeli pilot part). He answered fairly to your question. And if you bothered to search up the forums, you could've found the thread for the mod.

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:25 am
by Nati46
IdeIdoom wrote:
Nati46 wrote:
This?

Legitimately asked a question (I have been inactive for a while and genuinely did not hear of WoC), recieved a cheeky answer and wrote a cheeky reply. After that the thread continued as is. Btw I did not know that you actually reported me for that lmao.
Nice projecting btw.
I will let Jen speak for himself.
The only cheeky part was at the end, really (The Israeli pilot part). He answered fairly to your question. And if you bothered to search up the forums, you could've found the thread for the mod.
In that case then so did I, after all we haven't seen him around for a while...

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:29 am
by Ru5tK1ng
Jwarrier wrote: So your point is that because you have a quote of me saying I would report every time you or your crew harassed another community member in hopes the administration would finally stand up against you?
No, my point was that you made it your personal crusade to get rid of us. The fact you had to be told to stop abusing the reporting feature shows you were excessively using it.
I did not start anything, you guys did. You came into our TS spamming me constantly to lure me out of our locked channel and verbally assaulted me until you got a rise out of me.
Going senile? It was stated earlier you started that incident when you shit talked killstrike for leaving EG. Said your clan was better and ours was a joke, etc. We called you out to scrim and you backed out. We joined Armada to get you to play us. You eventually agreed. You stated in those logs you could have done a lot of things, ban, ignore, kick, but you chose to go play. You call us children but you aren't acting like an adult who takes responsibility for their actions. You talked your shit, you got rekt in the scrim and you got the short end of the stick. Not my problem.
After that night was over Raz continued to rename himself on public servers until he was reported to admins regarding the ongoing harassment. This also continued on a regular basis where your crew would randomly join TS with your nicks of "Beats his kid" or "Drunk Daddy" and I would kick/ban the accounts or ignore and reported them to TSPG constantly.
The ones responsible were reprimanded and told to stop and those events did. You probably wanted a perma ban but it wasn't your server. Tough luck.
Mobius would regularly sit in the server until I logged on and then un-mute immediately the second I joined the server. The fact that nobody on TSPG seemed to care caused me to give up on moderating that team speak server and eventually stop connecting to it all-together. My reports on the forums were ignored and when I private messaged admins about the issue I was told to stop reporting, that I was causing drama.
Mobius was warned to stop those actions by Mifu and he complied. He eventually was banned from Armada by helten.
My thread on Decay which showcased his negative and destructive flaming of community members in a very small sample size of ALL of his most recent posts led to me being told I was "well known for hating Decay" and so nothing mattered. My point isn't my feelings towards the A3 children, my point is that no one on the administration cares enough to do anything about an obvious issue.
So nothing was done then? Too bad, I recall TTA stating the next ban Decay gets is permanent. He's on a thin line, but apparently you wanted more and disagreed with the staff's decision. Unlike you, the staff isn't emotionally charged and made a decision they felt was necessary.
It is public knowledge that they use my family to antagonize me just as it is public knowledge that I am "easily antagonized" and not well liked.

No one told you to let your wife go on TS and get involved in that incident. Being easily antagonized is a personal problem.
But every time I say anything, private or public, I am the drama starter.
Ever consider the way you present yourself and your case is less than ideal? Smug and emotionally charged.
I don't save a million quotes on my HDD in specially named folders like I'm sure you all do (from your constant source material),
Nice projection. Logs are saved in the mIRC directory.
but a simple forum search will show you that my name was brought up and I was attacked multiple times before I even posted my first post in months yesterday night. Quote that.
What's your point? Everyone gets shit talked whether they can read it or not. You've shit talked us in servers and IRC and big deal. We don't play with you, we don't talk to you, and our paths don't cross. You wanted to fuck with us and you lost, get over it.

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:31 am
by Hammerfest-
Just to point out, and to my knowledge, admitting to DDoSing people as far as the RCMP and the equivalent to us (us as in the United States) is concerned no matter how when it happened can be a pretty severe issue if the people who were victim to it decide to bring it up to the proper authorities along with this confession. Even then, anyone can just cut and paste this too if they want to really see someone get into shit.

But hey its your grave man.