Major Best Ever moderation change

Old stuff gets archived here.
Locked
Jenova
Under Moderation
Posts: 199
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:05 am
Location: Africa
Contact:

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#81

Post by Jenova » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:15 pm

In the first log, I explained why you were banned and what happened in #zandronum, then you started w. this:

[17:44] <Mobius> what happened in #A3
[17:44] <Mobius> did you backseat mod again?

Then, instead of dropping it, you made a quote bot and put it in your irc channel to poke fun at me, but this is not a big deal because you are absolutely allowed to do this.

The third log was last night when I just read the other drama topic 2 months ago about the same thing, and then I was kind of shocked to figure the staff still didn't really care.
Decay wrote:Aren't you dizzy from talking in so many circles and getting nowhere?
The source of this drama was not me, it was me pointing out that Strangle failed to ban his best friend on the game for breaking the rules. Can any admins seriously dispute this? Sorry for pointing out that I don't like what the admins are doing!

Of course, another quality contribution by Decay!

User avatar
Decay
Zandrone
Posts: 1025
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:31 pm
Location: Dweller2 Map11

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#82

Post by Decay » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:18 pm

I'm waiting for something from you that actually addresses these posts but all I see is a lot of shouting down everybody and repeating the same points over and over that are being refuted by others and you refusing to address those refutes. Give me something quality instead of angsty posts about nothing.

User avatar
Dynamo
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Posts: 154
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 5:16 am

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#83

Post by Dynamo » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:18 pm

Jenova wrote:Of course, another quality contribution by Decay!
Jenova in the previous page wrote:Of course, just completely ignore the main point of the sentence and respond a point that is extremely tangential to the topic at hand.
??? ??? ???
Last edited by Dynamo on Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum
Posts: 2198
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:38 pm
Location: Omnipresent

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#84

Post by Ivan » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:21 pm

Decay wrote:I'm waiting for something from you that actually addresses these posts but all I see is a lot of shouting down everybody and repeating the same points over and over that are being refuted by others and you refusing to address those refutes. Give me something quality instead of angsty posts about nothing.
Watch Jenova become an edgelord with the angsty posts he's making. I think he already lost parts of him as he keeps repeating himself over and over...

User avatar
Mobius
Banned
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:43 am
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: Aᵌ
Contact:
Banned: Permanently

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#85

Post by Mobius » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:21 pm

Jenova wrote:In the first log, I explained why you were banned and what happened in #zandronum, then you started w. this:

[17:44] <Mobius> what happened in #A3
[17:44] <Mobius> did you backseat mod again?

Then, instead of dropping it, you made a quote bot and put it in your irc channel to poke fun at me, but this is not a big deal because you are absolutely allowed to do this.

The third log was last night when I just read the other drama topic 2 months ago about the same thing, and then I was kind of shocked to figure the staff still didn't really care.
Actually if anyone read the log the conversation was at low pace. I was highlighted first, saw what happened in my channel, and off the bat knew exactly what happened because you've done this before. I pointed this out in my first huge post about you doing this to Heavenwraith and the staff good going. You did exactly as I mentioned and have "backseat moderating"

Also there is you bringing up an issue and another having my name mentioned 65 times with some lines in all caps arguing about why I should not be unbanned. Where were you when this happened
https://zandronum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6702
Jenova wrote:Did people leave the community because of me? Did people actively voice their frustration and discontent, two months ago, in a completely unrelated topic, about how much of a terrible person I am? No. I'm not going to sit here and tell you that I'm some saint -- it's pretty clear that I'm not, but I don't believe I'm nowhere near the level of malicious as Mobius. Yes, I have called a lot of people retarded. I call everyone that I disagree with retarded. Should I probably stop doing that? Yes. Does it change what Mobius has done at all? No.
Name names and event in question other than Jwarrier. Where is this voices of discontent months ago unless you mean Leonard for Decay.

I want everyone to know that Jenova is using Cointelpro tactics he got from Water who he got from me.

http://pastebin.com/irj4Fyd5
dewsome: i can do this all day
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
<+Thomas13> Mobius u r inferior, go outside and get beaten up
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

User avatar
Razgriz
Forum Staff
Posts: 712
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:15 am

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#86

Post by Razgriz » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:38 pm

There is one thing I'm going to address that Jenova keeps pushing forth, and it's the fact he has "many people who agree with him in PM" when it comes to Mobius and A3 (more specifically Mobius).

I will in fact direct people to this topic where they had a chance to discuss why they think he should remain banned on the topic, in the staff channel or a member in PM. You see how little resistance there is in the topic? There was literally zero activity in the staff channel and nobody mentioned getting PM's about the topic. The topic had quite a few visitors but there was no blip on the map from anyone who was against it. You would be lead to believe the fact that if Mobius is evil and has never changed, that there would have been an uprising about this. No doubt, look at this topic, there isn't anybody who are agreeing that Mobius should have remained banned. Somehow, in this current topic about Mobius, there are ghost users who Jenova says agree with him. Maybe it's the same users who visited that topic but never spoke up? You can say ''oh they were afraid of the hive mentality they would shit on anyone who disagrees about unbanning Mobius!"

What?

You can even look at the topic up and down, only A3 member who posted was Rust and Decay and it wasn't even related to the question at hand. In the staff channel I refrained from getting involved in the discussion or answering the questions because I didn't want to give bias. After talking it was agreed that it has been quite some time and the topic explained everything.

So what happened? It's clear nobody care enough that he was unbanned, several said it was the right decision in the end. You did go on a tangent trying to find and recall anyone and everyone that had or currently has beef with Mobius (as seen by the mass pming you have done). You are supposedly going to bat for these people he has wronged even if it happened as far back as your Ddos. Nice so does this mean since we can't forgive Mobius that we shouldn't forgive you? Sounds good to me, though if you ever noticed there are a lot of people who never felt inclined to report stuff to staff. Why? Nati did it, Striker did it, Leonard did it, and things happened. If everything he did was so off the wall and evil, you would bet they would have rushed to the staff and talk. Heck I even forgot to tell you AVC came into the channel himself before you, but only like 2 staff members who don't get involved in drama were present. You aren't a major mover, you are a very loud minority in the community who happens to "run" BE now. If people truly were victimized by him there would have been a line in staff talking about every incident Mobius has done and how they wanted him punished back then. Clearly everything is not so evil, and you can't hold staff accountable for the individuals inability to report something to the proper person (in game incidents to server admins, IRC and forum to the staff).

It's been over half a year since his IRC and Forum ban got reversed, but now 1 incident suddenly means he's evil and should never have been unbanned. I don't see see how 1 incident should result in a perm either, but somehow suddenly there is an invisible brigade of people behind Jenova, who were nowhere near present during the time of that topic. It was seen, and nobody said anything during, or after. Mobius was given a clean slate along with Decay, and they have been treated like other users regardless of their history because that's what a clean slate is and it's what the staff figured was the right choice, and nobody disagreed.

User avatar
Dynamo
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Posts: 154
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 5:16 am

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#87

Post by Dynamo » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:11 pm

Ladies and gentlemen, behold, your upstanding community member Jenova providing a good service for everyone and proving that indeed whatever he did was not at all to cause drama:
<Jenova> !kickban Razgriz--
* ChanServ sets ban on *!*@Razgriz.users.zandronum.com
* ChanServ has kicked Razgriz-- from #bestever (No reason given)
<Jenova> !kick Ru5tK1ng
* ChanServ has kicked Ru5tK1ng from #bestever (No reason given)
<Jenova> they're going to somehow spin this and make me look like the scumbag even though ive supported this community for years with this BE stuff and other stuff ------ (We can see that!)
<Jenova> they're going to says hit like
<Jenova> "look at jenova using his server to try to get mobius banned"
<Jenova> absolutely dumb
<Jenova> i genuinely dont want to help these people (staff members of this game) and would rather not waste my money and my time doing this for the community anymore
<Jenova> because this community is a cesspool of shit ------ (Wasn't it just a few select individuals?)
<IvanDobrovski> hi
<IvanDobrovski> 02:04:01 <Jenova> they're going to says hit like
<Jenova> !kickban IvanDobrovski
* ChanServ sets ban on *!*@IvanDobrovski.users.zandronum.com
* ChanServ has kicked IvanDobrovski from #bestever (No reason given)
<Jenova> .killall
<BestBot> Killed a total of 149 servers.
<Jenova> .quit
* BestBot has quit (Connection closed)
Make sure to vote him in the next elections, and most importantly:
<Jenova> its a few select individuals
<Jenova> which have caused a lot of members in this community
<Jenova> a lot of grief
Always remember the woes and grief that the community has caused to the legion of invisible Jenova supporters!

RIP BE

User avatar
Leonard
Developer
Posts: 162
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:09 pm

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#88

Post by Leonard » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:32 pm

Dynamo wrote:Come to think of it, didn't Decay get banned for a month for doing exactly this during the Leonard debacle? Shouldn't you also be banned then for doing this?
My whole point was and still is that the staff aren't doing their job which has been brought up in this very thread.
I'm going to be very clear here so you don't bring this up over and over again, repeating myself for the 5th time, my intent was not to ban Decay specifically but to get the staff to do what they're supposed to.
I couldn't care less if it was Decay or someone else shitposting over, he was just a very obvious example of what I wanted to show.
Decay being banned for a month changed absolutely nothing, see this very thread which is 5 pages long.
Dynamo wrote:MiFU agreed to apply a stricter policy.
MiFU already agreed to some policies in the past.
Look at this one for example which was very clearly applied to these posts.
Dynamo wrote:they wish to resolve the issue of flamewars

[...]

MiFU and the rest of the staff have put into building a better and cleaner places, the signs of which are evident.
Yes, which is why this thread has been going on for 5 pages now.
The signs are indeed very evident, please point to MiFU's post in this thread.
Dynamo wrote:if you wanted to prove that people with shitty attitudes are allowed to roam free in this community you've done it just now, except it's not A3.
Definitely not.



In the end I think Jenova is right in saying that the staff are simply afraid to actually moderate and make this forum a clean place.
This is the impression I got when MiFU replied to me.
From what I understand, that was the time where metal was an admin.
I read from the same people who are shitposting this very thread that metal was biased against them.
It would make sense that they're the people who would complain about being too strict since they're the ones who were punished because of it.
Maybe you should actually listen to other people instead of this endless circlejerk that, as pointed out, no one wants to put up with.
Now of course there's always the possibility that the old administration actually got biased against them but you're not forced to do exactly like them.
You can do better than that and improve on them. You can actually be strict without being biased and without having the public dislike you.
Unless of course you think the public is only those people who circlejerk constantly on the forum and insult everyone as they please even after you said yourself that it should end.

Jwarrier
Forum Regular
Posts: 158
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:18 am
Location: Arizona
Clan: UniDoom
Clan Tag: [UD]

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#89

Post by Jwarrier » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:38 pm

@JZ
I'm too competitive to throw priv games, so that is entirely fictional. I have never once been accused of throwing games. Hell I take pub games as serious as tournament rounds sometimes.

@Rust

So your point is that because you have a quote of me saying I would report every time you or your crew harassed another community member in hopes the administration would finally stand up against you? That is exactly the point. I did not start anything, you guys did. You came into our TS spamming me constantly to lure me out of our locked channel and verbally assaulted me until you got a rise out of me. After that night was over Raz continued to rename himself on public servers until he was reported to admins regarding the ongoing harassment. This also continued on a regular basis where your crew would randomly join TS with your nicks of "Beats his kid" or "Drunk Daddy" and I would kick/ban the accounts or ignore and reported them to TSPG constantly. Mobius would regularly sit in the server until I logged on and then un-mute immediately the second I joined the server. The fact that nobody on TSPG seemed to care caused me to give up on moderating that team speak server and eventually stop connecting to it all-together. My reports on the forums were ignored and when I private messaged admins about the issue I was told to stop reporting, that I was causing drama. My thread on Decay which showcased his negative and destructive flaming of community members in a very small sample size of ALL of his most recent posts led to me being told I was "well known for hating Decay" and so nothing mattered. My point isn't my feelings towards the A3 children, my point is that no one on the administration cares enough to do anything about an obvious issue. It is public knowledge that they use my family to antagonize me just as it is public knowledge that I am "easily antagonized" and not well liked. But every time I say anything, private or public, I am the drama starter. I don't save a million quotes on my HDD in specially named folders like I'm sure you all do (from your constant source material), but a simple forum search will show you that my name was brought up and I was attacked multiple times before I even posted my first post in months yesterday night. Quote that.

User avatar
Decay
Zandrone
Posts: 1025
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:31 pm
Location: Dweller2 Map11

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#90

Post by Decay » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:41 pm

You and your crap again?

Leonard's ideal version of zan forums:

Image

Remember Jenobyl, remember the 3000.

User avatar
Mobius
Banned
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:43 am
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: Aᵌ
Contact:
Banned: Permanently

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#91

Post by Mobius » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:44 pm

Leonard wrote:I read from the same people who are shitposting this very thread that metal was biased against them.
It would make sense that they're the people who would complain about being too strict since they're the ones who were punished because of it.
You mean when people said the staff was too strict banning Galactus? I certainly never said the staff was strict currently but the previous administration banned me for 3 years just because I posted in my own clan topic rofl yeah ok
dewsome: i can do this all day
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
<+Thomas13> Mobius u r inferior, go outside and get beaten up
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

User avatar
Dynamo
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Posts: 154
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 5:16 am

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#92

Post by Dynamo » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:46 pm

Ah, I suppose this had to happen too eventually.
Leonard wrote:I'm going to be very clear here so you don't bring this up over and over again, repeating myself for the 5th time, my intent was not to ban Decay specifically but to get the staff to do what they're supposed to.
It's not up to you to tell the staff what they are supposed or not supposed to do. You can give suggestions as you have, but it's not your call. And thanks, I do indeed hope you won't repeat yourself endlessy like last time (or telling me to go kill myself like you did)
Leonard wrote:Decay being banned for a month changed absolutely nothing, see this very thread which is 5 pages long.
To begin with, this thread was (apparently for whatever inexplicable reason) about Mobius largely rather than Decay. Also, this thread is 5 pages long because Jenova repeated the same exact nonsense/false information for 5 pages in a row and completely refused to listen to those who tried to reason. DId you actually read the thread before posting?

Leonard wrote:Yes, which is why this thread has been going on for 5 pages now.
Again, read what I said above. I've been in this community for 10+ years and I know much more about how it used to be and how it is now than you could ever hope to.

Leonard wrote:Definitely not.
What does this have to do with me? I'm not responsible for what other people post and I wasn't defending any flamewars in the first place, if you had read my posts you'd know that.
Leonard wrote:In the end I think Jenova is right in saying that the staff are simply afraid to actually moderate and make this forum a clean place.
Definitely, which explains why he wasn't banned. :rolleyes:
Leonard wrote:It would make sense that they're the people who would complain about being too strict since they're the ones who were punished because of it.
You know nothing about that story so you can only come up with wild guesses. I was there and you weren't. Don't try to lecture me on things you know absolutely nothing about.
Leonard wrote:Maybe you should actually listen to other people instead of this endless circlejerk that, as pointed out, no one wants to put up with.
Yes, I pointed that out, and yes, I am definitely against this circlejerk started by Jenova and his 3000 invisible supporters.
Leonard wrote:You can do better than that and improve on them. You can actually be strict without being biased and without having the public dislike you.
Sure. I definitely do look forward to seeing staff action in these new times, now that Jenova has showed his true colors, perhaps we can finally have some peace. Long live Zandronum!
Last edited by Dynamo on Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
SwordGrunt
Forum Regular
Posts: 377
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:43 pm

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#93

Post by SwordGrunt » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:49 pm

Whoa, would you look at that. Jenova killed BE. What a bastard. Let's look at A3's view on this, in a simple way to put it:

"Jenova is an asshole, he's starting drama because of a personal vendetta and using his BE service as blackmailing to get the staff to do what he wants".

What's wrong with this sentence? Jenova can definitely be a dick, as he has admitted himself countless times throughout this thread as well as IRC logs. He has also stated himself and Mobius hate each other. And now he decided to shut down his BE server cluster.

The funniest thing here, though, is that "getting the staff to do what he wants" is in truth "getting the staff to take action". Despite the constant derailing from the subject, there was shit tossing between Avc and Mobius, and nothing happened until it was complained about by Jenova (could've been someone else, but Jenova has shown multiple times he has the balls to stand up and get shit to hit the fan). The whole point is, years come and go and Mobius and Decay act like complete dicks, their crew backs them up and occasionally they get banned but most of the time get to toss shit at people in obscene proportions with the staff refusing to give a fuck. Jenova isn't planning some magic mindgame by shutting down BE, he's literally just tired of having to see this shit happen over and over and receive "we'll give harsher punishment next time" as an answer, only there have been several "next times" already. Why would you waste time and money on something for a community being torn apart by people who consider themselves "positive contributors" by "making maps, mods and getting cacos" while simultaneously enjoying shitting on others' heads, digging up old stuff from other people to make them look less bad in situations like this?

User avatar
Nati46
Forum Regular
Posts: 377
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:39 am
Location: Ramat Aviv

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#94

Post by Nati46 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:56 pm

Razgriz wrote:There is one thing I'm going to address that Jenova keeps pushing forth, and it's the fact he has "many people who agree with him in PM" when it comes to Mobius and A3 (more specifically Mobius).

It's been over half a year since his IRC and Forum ban got reversed, but now 1 incident suddenly means he's evil and should never have been unbanned. I don't see see how 1 incident should result in a perm either, but somehow suddenly there is an invisible brigade of people behind Jenova, who were nowhere near present during the time of that topic. It was seen, and nobody said anything during, or after. Mobius was given a clean slate along with Decay, and they have been treated like other users regardless of their history because that's what a clean slate is and it's what the staff figured was the right choice, and nobody disagreed.
Anybody who has been around for a while would figure that Mobius and Decay have pretty much stuck around mainly to provoke all kinds of drama whenever given the opportunity, it's their passion and they continue to step it up every time, hence the dozens of bans and unchanging behavior for the last 5+ years.
More intriguing are the same people trying to portray them as otherwise, it is really funny to watch while being ridiculously transparent. Claiming "unfairness" by bringing up irrelevant closed cases from 2012 while ignoring past and present actions which were dissimiliar in terms of severity and proportion, using strawman arguments etc .And the funny thing is that it actually works to some extent, the staff is too appeasing and imo should be way less tolerant towards them given their past.
Just looking at their history makes any "clean slate" argument as ridiculous, given the fact that they have recieved multiple chances and still decided to fuck it up badly. Must mean something, no?
Last edited by Nati46 on Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Samurai
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Posts: 905
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:17 am
Location: England
Clan: Lost Faction
Clan Tag: [LF]

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#95

Post by Samurai » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:56 pm

Image

User avatar
Dynamo
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Posts: 154
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 5:16 am

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#96

Post by Dynamo » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:01 am

SwordGrunt wrote:The funniest thing here, though, is that "getting the staff to do what he wants" is in truth "getting the staff to take action".
The staff has taken action multiple times and things have changed dramatically over the past few years. Don't bring up things you don't have the sightest clue about.
SwordGrunt wrote:Despite the constant derailing from the subject, there was shit tossing between Avc and Mobius
What does this have to do with best ever? Nothing. Even so, Jenova was just as guilty of the shit tossing with AVC as the logs proved, except Mobius was banned for it (by the same moderator that jenova accused of sheltering mobius, even) while Jenova was not punished. Did you even read the thread?
SwordGrunt wrote:(could've been someone else, but Jenova has shown multiple times he has the balls to stand up and get shit to hit the fan).
I agree that it takes a lot of balls and probably a bit of naivety to start massive circlejerks and flamewars in an attempt to disrupt the community for a stupid vendetta, but that doesn't make what he did any smarter.

As for Mobius, as I said already I'm not strictly defending him (you can ask him and he can confirm that we barely interact for the most part), except at least Mobius isn't painting himself to be the good guy unlike Jenova
<Jenova> but hey
<Jenova> apparently im the evil dude
(among others I don't care enough to dig up right about now)
SwordGrunt wrote:Jenova isn't planning some magic mindgame by shutting down BE
Well whatever it is that he was planning he kind of blew his chance. Nobody asked him to keep BE online that I can tell so if he wants to close it that's certainly not gonna receive opposition from anybody. His call.
SwordGrunt wrote:he's literally just tired of having to see this shit happen over and over and receive "we'll give harsher punishment next time" as an answer, only there have been several "next times" already.
He is not a moderator, despite the fact that he tried his hardest to become one. For one thing, I've been in zandronum for so many years and I still play almost daily, yet I almost never ended up getting caught in any drama or shit slinging by anybody. If I did that surely Jenova could've achieved the same if he was so frustrated by it. If you knew the actual logs and the actual history you would know that Jenova is even more guilty than Mobius of starting up hostilities for senseless reasons. That said, I'm not the best person to talk about this matter as I'm not involved with dramas of any kind (except this one I guess).
SwordGrunt wrote:Why would you waste time and money on something
Again. If you don't want to, don't. End of story.
SwordGrunt wrote:people who consider themselves "positive contributors" by "making maps, mods and getting cacos" while simultaneously enjoying shitting on others' heads, digging up old stuff from other people to make them look less bad in situations like this?
If you had read the actual logs and knew the actual backstories, you would be perfectly aware that everybody that Decay and other people have shit on were no saints themselves and in fact were arguably much worse (capodecima, Galactus, Luke, and a ton of other people that almost everybody is glad are gone or almost gone).

You want to know why you are saying what you're saying? Why people repeat this charade of "people are being shit on by the evil A3!" (even though as Jenova himself said it's not really A3 that's the problem). Because of rumors. Because people see a bunch of posts with rude words, hear someone else who has a vendetta against these people talk about how evil they are, and they are led to believe that to be the case, without knowing any of the backstory behind anything, without doing proper research, because that's what most people do. And that's what you are doing right now. You are clueless, you are only speculating and your post sums up perfectly that you don't know much about the situation.

So I'm just glad a lot of people are not like that and it's not clueless people who make the decisions.

User avatar
Mobius
Banned
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:43 am
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: Aᵌ
Contact:
Banned: Permanently

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#97

Post by Mobius » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:02 am

SwordGrunt wrote:Whoa, would you look at that. Jenova killed BE. What a bastard. Let's look at A3's view on this, in a simple way to put it:

"Jenova is an asshole, he's starting drama because of a personal vendetta and using his BE service as blackmailing to get the staff to do what he wants".

What's wrong with this sentence? Jenova can definitely be a dick, as he has admitted himself countless times throughout this thread as well as IRC logs. He has also stated himself and Mobius hate each other. And now he decided to shut down his BE server cluster.
Irrelevant.
Swordgrunt wrote:The funniest thing here, though, is that "getting the staff to do what he wants" is in truth "getting the staff to take action". Despite the constant derailing from the subject, there was shit tossing between Avc and Mobius, and nothing happened until it was complained about by Jenova (could've been someone else, but Jenova has shown multiple times he has the balls to stand up and get shit to hit the fan).
Yes this has happened a lot in both administrations and it was a shitty move. It's a good thing something happened. It's the one thing I agree with him on currently.
guigui swordgrun wrote:The whole point is, years come and go and Mobius and Decay act like complete dicks,
Didn't you shit talk us to the point you left EG to join TM because you couldn't win a scrim with you running your mouth or am I to assume only you can be given a chance. Why don't you answer to this

Why don't we sift through my post history and you tell me. How about we start from this
https://zandronum.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 4&start=60

or
https://zandronum.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... =80#p89751

or

https://zandronum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=6706

Let the community decide indeed rofl
Swordgrunt wrote:their crew backs them up and occasionally they get banned but most of the time get to toss shit at people in obscene proportions with the staff refusing to give a fuck. Jenova isn't planning some magic mindgame by shutting down BE, he's literally just tired of having to see this shit happen over and over and receive "we'll give harsher punishment next time" as an answer, only there have been several "next times"
No one asked him and he isn't entitled to any special treatment. He went to staff, made a fuss, got upset he got what he wanted (I got banned), and started this entire shitfest himself. He's been at it for days. I have not even made a single thread or post about it. It's tiring and enough. He does it every year. Alexmax has hosted one of the most iconic zandronum servers for us for years and has never pulled such a power move other than the time I was unjustifiably masterbanned by Metal. Get your story straight.
Swordgrunt wrote:Why would you waste time and money on something for a community being torn apart by people who consider themselves "positive contributors" by "making maps, mods and getting cacos" while simultaneously enjoying shitting on others' heads, digging up old stuff from other people to make them look less bad in situations like this?
You mean like how Jenova's entire spiel is about my past stuff while my current stuff is no where near as my bad. If he gave an ounce of a fuck about this community he would have let the community and the staff run it on their own and not went into a huge fit over it because he didn't get his way. He could have went about this better, discretely, and more favorably.

He chose not to.
Last edited by Mobius on Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
dewsome: i can do this all day
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
<+Thomas13> Mobius u r inferior, go outside and get beaten up
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

User avatar
Laggy Blazko
Forum Regular
Posts: 291
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:00 pm
Location: Heck no

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#98

Post by Laggy Blazko » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:02 am

Welp. It's sad to see this die.
Anyways, thanks for all these years of letting us set up good public servers, Best-Ever. We'll miss you.

User avatar
John Zombie
Forum Regular
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:59 pm

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#99

Post by John Zombie » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:05 am

Jwarrier wrote:@JZ
I'm too competitive to throw priv games, so that is entirely fictional. I have never once been accused of throwing games. Hell I take pub games as serious as tournament rounds sometimes.
I remember a number of instances where EG mass-joined priv, picked each other whenever one of them was cap and then proceeded to, well, "barely putting any effort in games" if you prefer calling it like that.
I even asked other people(just a couple, not 3000 like jenova's ghost supporters) if they remembered that and they confirmed, so it's definitely not my memory acting up. Take at least some responsability for your own actions

User avatar
Mobius
Banned
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:43 am
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: Aᵌ
Contact:
Banned: Permanently

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#100

Post by Mobius » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:08 am

Nati46 wrote:muh history
You, jenova, and whoever else

https://zandronum.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... =80#p98735

Has not been refuted. How about when you tried to derail my WoC tournament thread with your bullshit and I had to report you because you are a notorious troll and topic derailer. That was a month ago.
dewsome: i can do this all day
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
<+Thomas13> Mobius u r inferior, go outside and get beaten up
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

Locked