Major Best Ever moderation change

Old stuff gets archived here.
Catastrophe
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Posts: 2558
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:44 am

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#41

Post by Catastrophe » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:45 am

infurnus wrote:
Catastrophe wrote:Regarding Infurnus, he decided to ban me over drama I had off-site. He "claimed" that I went into Strikerman's TS/website and started shittalking trannies. Which is of course false, and when I asked for proofs he had none. When that couldn't be used as an excuse anymore, he brought up how I shittalked another transgendered individual over at Zdoom's IRC.
[...]
Yeah one IRC convo outside of Zandro landed me the ban. Fuck Infurnus.
I never claimed that first part. You were banned over arguments that took place within Zandronum. We already discussed this, don't even try to spin this around on me.
Your reasoning was influenced by what occurred in the events I stated, don't pretend thanks.

User avatar
Decay
Zandrone
Posts: 1025
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:31 pm
Location: Dweller2 Map11

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#42

Post by Decay » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:47 am

RoSKing wrote:is anyone going to bring up the fact that the MXCube group used a server exploit to try to ban me from a duel server then banned cennou? Funny how things like this just go under the radar.
Sounds like yet another drug-fueled illusion. Should probably put the drugs away dude.

User avatar
Mobius
Banned
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:43 am
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: Aᵌ
Contact:
Banned: Permanently

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#43

Post by Mobius » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:48 am

Jenova wrote:Of course Ral deserved it, he deserved the two week ban I gave him, not the 15 minute ban Rustking gave him :)

Ask yourself: which player in this community is always the source of this drama? If it always smells like shit where you go Mobius, check your shoes.
Shitposting doesn't mean you are right. You asked about the most warnings and bans and I said Blue cause 27 is a lot.. a lot compared to me. Now I am the source of all the drama, but here is this giant thread and 3 irc logs with you having a mental breakdown because people disagree with you on the internet. 3000 dollars going to waste yet?
dewsome: i can do this all day
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
<+Thomas13> Mobius u r inferior, go outside and get beaten up
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

User avatar
infurnus
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Posts: 601
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 9:40 pm
Location: Dusty SEGA Tapes
Clan: Unidoom
Clan Tag: UD
Contact:

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#44

Post by infurnus » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:00 am

Jenova wrote: Now, on to the reason Strangle was actually picked to be an admin. A few years ago I believe during the formation of Zandronum (my timeframe may be off but the events are correct), Infurnus and the "renegade" group of Skulltag admins split off from the Skulltag community and moved to Zandronum.
You're giving me far too much credit. I was not involved with this. My job was (and probably still is) what amounts to damage control. Sorting through logs and trying to reach an objective opinion on matters. Various individuals, ST staff and non-staff, contacted me when I had (at the time) quit entirely from the Doom community, asking me to come back and offer feedback and advice. I myself never chose anyone, everything I tried to do was done entirely in a "roundtable" fashion. This can still be seen in the staff to an extent, despite my recent hiatus. The only person I ever personally sought out was you. To be an admin, or to work with the anti-cheat group that is now known as punkbusters. I was actually asked to return from hiatus once again to address what ended up turning into that capo DDOS thread. When I returned, I thought to myself, "...capo is unbanned?" I must admit I am a bit out of touch, but I am trying my best to address what I can.
Jenova wrote:I don't know why Strangle was chosen or what Infurnus was thinking but I genuinely believe that this was an extremely poor choice. It's pretty clear that he has shown extreme preferential treatment to certain players and is not a good fit for an admin position.
This was not my decision. If I may speak freely, I believe you are BSing. I actually have made multiple attempts to critique him and even threatened to kick him out after being informed of the log leaks. Of course, I don't just act alone, so he wasn't given the boot just because of my objections alone.
Jenova wrote:Admins need to be assertive and ban instead of beating around the bush and being scared about complaints. Who has heard of an admin team that is scared to ban problem members of the community. This is absolutely pathetic.
I had tried to make people less afraid but apparently this doesn't seem to have worked. Bans that I had done were undone, so even when I was assertive things would not stay. Do I think Catastrophe should have stayed banned? No. I am ok with others overturning my bans, but I would like it if people would have better conversations about it and not just undo things, it gives people a bad impression and leaves troublemakers with more ways to exploit the system.
Jenova wrote: TLDR: I am a crybaby and complain about the Zandronum staff not banning problem players even though they've been repeatedly banned 700 times in the past and still cause problems to this day, but are not banned. I think some of the Zandronum staff members should not be staff members, but instead delegated to forum/irc moderators who have very little input but still carry out tasks such as locking obvious shitposts. More sensitive issues should be dealt with by people who know what they're doing. I believe certain community members need to be permanently (or at least 1+ year) from irc, forums, or wherever they shit on.

This is the longest post I have written anywhere and I could probably finish my university essays if I put in half the amount of effort or passion as I did writing this post.

In case it isn't aware, I am upset with the administrators in this community and I have decided to be a petty fucking dipshit and remove moderation from BE. I believe if the admins don't want to remove problem players from their community, then neither will I.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtfoRESVir0#t=30s

EDIT: vvv regarding jen's post: I wasn't in charge of that. They did stuff and changed the name and everything without even asking me for an opinion, which kinda sucks since that was the whole point they asked me to be around. TBH it was very loosely organized and even got a little chaotic (just too many different ideas and nobody could choose) whenever things were being decided on. EDIT2: I double posted, whoops

Jenova
Under Moderation
Posts: 199
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:05 am
Location: Africa
Contact:

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#45

Post by Jenova » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:26 am

Infurnus I didn't mean to lie about who recruited who and I believe this is extremely tangential to the topic but I appreciate you for pointing it out. I don't think this changes much, however. From my recollection it was from the ST -> Zandronum move, and I remember you were basically in charge of that, so it was my assumption that it was you who got Strangle rather than a staff decision. I don't know your alignment with most people or what your stance is on most of this (we haven't talked as neither of us has been around much lately), but I believe you to be an extremely reasonable person who makes decision in the best interest of this community.

I know you'd rather not get involved in this especially because you haven't been around lately but thank for the post regardless.

RoSKing
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:42 am
Contact:

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#46

Post by RoSKing » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:28 am

RoSKing wrote:is anyone going to bring up the fact that the MXCube group used a server exploit to try to ban me from a duel server then banned cennou? Funny how things like this just go under the radar.
STORY:
Since it's not obvious what's being conveyed here, I'll give the full on story. I was randomly playing cennou one day in duel. That's all I had done, that's all I was doing. Then I see that Cennou randomly gets banned on NJ Duel for some reason along the lines of "add em all adderall". However no vote was called and no one else was in the server. I later discovered this was an exploit where you could kick vote or ban people from another server. The "add em all adderall" famous line originates from guess who? the guy whose been throwing his amazing rap skills all over the forums. I wonder who else could have possibly did it, and who really genuinely cares that much to go out of their way to ban me for no reason what so ever? :) Even if you think that strangle isn't able to do anything in the sort, rust is a viable admin in the NJ cluster and I am very positive that he was fully aware of the circumstances (If not then fuck me, now he is :) ) Alexmax told me he didnt want to do anything because he doesn't want to start a shit storm which is what apparently everyone else has been saying? So, this act is completely justified in the end; When if the circumstances had been reversed. I probably would have suffered the same fate as Galactus.

TerminusEst13
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Posts: 865
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:06 pm

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#47

Post by TerminusEst13 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:31 am

Jenova wrote:Notice how not a single admin has really posted in this thread giving their opinion? I'm not sure if they are just refraining from posting overall, or waiting until they can all collectively agree on something (lol) before they share their thoughts.
We have, like, very few actual admins. You could probably count them one hand, even if the hand had leprosy. Or was blown off with a grenade.
Unless this is an invitation for all staff to give their input, in which case I can really only say one thing: "Okay."

I have very little actual power.
I was brought on board to look over the projects section and modding/mod development, which has been fucking dead recently. The age of hiding bombs within ACS and deleting the source are long over, it seems. Outside of that, I don't really handle a lot. I split posts, I lock topics, I boot dudes from #zandronum and #staff, and actually have gotten fussed at several times because I tend to kick/ban "hastily". I think I banned Capo like three-ish times or so.
I tried to help out with hunting down cheaters, during which you (of all people) were telling me I shouldn't because I'm "not competitive". (Which is true, by the way. I don't know the next thing about competitive. Decay recently-ish suggested for me to try my hand at mapping some duel maps and they were abysmal because I'm completely unfamiliar with the art of shooting dudes)

But you shouldn't need a list of credentials in order to actually do anything. What matters is you see something that needs done, and you do it. Whether you're the IDL2015 champion or just a dickweed who likes prodding at Zandronum modding, you do it. Me and Raz have gotten our decisions completely reverted quite a lot, but I'm charging ahead to keep doing things anyway because I want to help.
Which results in pretty much..."Okay".

User avatar
Razgriz
Forum Staff
Posts: 712
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:15 am

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#48

Post by Razgriz » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:42 am

RoSKing wrote:
RoSKing wrote:is anyone going to bring up the fact that the MXCube group used a server exploit to try to ban me from a duel server then banned cennou? Funny how things like this just go under the radar.
STORY:
Since it's not obvious what's being conveyed here, I'll give the full on story. I was randomly playing cennou one day in duel. That's all I had done, that's all I was doing. Then I see that Cennou randomly gets banned on NJ Duel for some reason along the lines of "add em all adderall". However no vote was called and no one else was in the server. I later discovered this was an exploit where you could kick vote or ban people from another server. The "add em all adderall" famous line originates from guess who? the guy whose been throwing his amazing rap skills all over the forums. I wonder who else could have possibly did it, and who really genuinely cares that much to go out of their way to ban me for no reason what so ever? :) Even if you think that strangle isn't able to do anything in the sort, rust is a viable admin in the NJ cluster and I am very positive that he was fully aware of the circumstances (If not then fuck me, now he is :) ) Alexmax told me he didnt want to do anything because he doesn't want to start a shit storm which is what apparently everyone else has been saying? So, this act is completely justified in the end; When if the circumstances had been reversed. I probably would have suffered the same fate as Galactus.
That sounds like the kick vote exploit that was patched. The person(s) who went around public servers always connected with a proxy but nobody ever figured out who it was. Though you'll need proofs for your extraordinary claim that Decay who knows nothing about compiling and can't even write a simple hello world script somehow figured out how to do this ^^

Jenova
Under Moderation
Posts: 199
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:05 am
Location: Africa
Contact:

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#49

Post by Jenova » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:42 am

My intention wasn't to rush anyone -- but I've noticed that almost every single staff member has read this topic but refrained from posting. It was just an observation to be honest, my intent wasn't to be malicious.

Edit: I will check the logs to see who did this and if I can track it down, but I'd assume it was some A3 member too, since they are the only people who have both, in the past, 1. votekicked caboose from servers for no reason, and 2. make fun of him being prescribed adderall.

User avatar
Decay
Zandrone
Posts: 1025
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:31 pm
Location: Dweller2 Map11

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#50

Post by Decay » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:47 am

RoSKing wrote:
RoSKing wrote:is anyone going to bring up the fact that the MXCube group used a server exploit to try to ban me from a duel server then banned cennou? Funny how things like this just go under the radar.
STORY:
Since it's not obvious what's being conveyed here, I'll give the full on story. I was randomly playing cennou one day in duel. That's all I had done, that's all I was doing. Then I see that Cennou randomly gets banned on NJ Duel for some reason along the lines of "add em all adderall". However no vote was called and no one else was in the server. I later discovered this was an exploit where you could kick vote or ban people from another server. The "add em all adderall" famous line originates from guess who? the guy whose been throwing his amazing rap skills all over the forums. I wonder who else could have possibly did it, and who really genuinely cares that much to go out of their way to ban me for no reason what so ever? :) Even if you think that strangle isn't able to do anything in the sort, rust is a viable admin in the NJ cluster and I am very positive that he was fully aware of the circumstances (If not then fuck me, now he is :) ) Alexmax told me he didnt want to do anything because he doesn't want to start a shit storm which is what apparently everyone else has been saying? So, this act is completely justified in the end; When if the circumstances had been reversed. I probably would have suffered the same fate as Galactus.
This is a great story, it goes along really well with the story I heard about you getting drunk and playing said raps over and over again on TS. I wish I could send you an autographed album, my #1 fan.

PS: I had nothing to do with whatever it is you're describing.

User avatar
Mobius
Banned
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:43 am
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: Aᵌ
Contact:
Banned: Permanently

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#51

Post by Mobius » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:48 am

Jenova wrote:My intention wasn't to rush anyone -- but I've noticed that almost every single staff member has read this topic but refrained from posting. It was just an observation to be honest, my intent wasn't to be malicious.

Edit: I will check the logs to see who did this and if I can track it down, but I'd assume it was some A3 member too, since they are the only people who have both, in the past, 1. votekicked caboose from servers for no reason, and 2. make fun of him being prescribed adderall.
The adderal meme is literally shared a lot during the time of the rap fad. I demand proof that it was someone from my camp other than loose conjecture. Story has it that Ghoulslayer will play clips from Decay's rap too so why don't you go ask him as well.
dewsome: i can do this all day
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
<+Thomas13> Mobius u r inferior, go outside and get beaten up
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

Jwarrier
Forum Regular
Posts: 158
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:18 am
Location: Arizona
Clan: UniDoom
Clan Tag: [UD]

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#52

Post by Jwarrier » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:00 am

Let's point out the facts here.

Everyone knows I don't like the A3 gang. Everyone should also know how much full of BS it is to point the finger at me and say that I'm the source of all evil. I never start shit, I react to shit and sometimes I react badly. This no one can argue against. I may not be a hero but I damn sure am not the villain that you make me out to be.

@Mobius -C- was my clan. Corruption. You (A3) trashed on us on a daily basis so if you think that was the start of our "issues" than you are sadly mistaken. IF that was the case than why would I continue to put our clan against yours on a nightly basis for almost 3 months? The trash talk was there but nothing that I hadn't already experienced before. Our true issues started on that night where I "made fun of Ivan's accent and brought my wife into stuff". I didn't bring her in, she heard the crap you all were pulling over speakers and got fed up herself. BTW @Decay our drunken Fridays were a group of friends having fun playing the game, safely at home. What am I going to drive home from the pub where I am playing doom at? I remember a quote from Ivan on one of my posts that fits well with your lunacy; "This is what happens when you drop out from school."

I was repeatedly attacked over the forums, on IRC, and over TS. I reported posts and harassment constantly to no avail and in the end the admins pointed their finger at me saying I was conspiring against Decay and A3 or just trying to start shit. There is a lot of talk about roles in the community and what people have to offer. How about the fact that I was one of the very first Tournament Directors for Skulltag and ran several successful tournaments, all while administrating on Doom Connector? How about leading several fairly successful clans (HeLL Klan Studios, Corruption, End Game, Control Alt Destroy) that helped maintain competition levels. All of that does not matter though because my proudest moments were playing the game. You forget that their are players too. NO, I do not sit here and review other people's maps. NO, I do not produce map packs (publicly). I play the game. I have been playing the game longer than most of the other players in the community. Did you know my father hosted the master server for Doom Legacy when it was the "future of all ports"? You say I am scum, that I am "toxic as fuck". How so? Because I couldn't take the garbage you spew anymore?

I grew up with this port. 14 years I have played this game online and grown from a 12 year old kid to a 26 year old man with a family. Doom is a fantastic game and the mods and the experiences were ever changing and just plain awesome. I remember my dad telling me when I was young that some day my son would play doom and we would have reached 3 generations of playing the same game and now I know that will not happen, at least not on this port. At least on Odamex I can enjoy the game where the environment is about competition and actually having a good time. Maybe if that community stays alive there will be hope to show my son the game just as my dad did with me.

I'm not posting to say ban the "A3 crew", after all they are just a bunch of bandwagon "school yard bullies" who are having difficulty with the growing up stage in life. I'm posting because Jenova is right about the administration of this port and hardly anyone who agrees will have the balls to post. I doubt anything will happen, other than a flurry of Raz, Ru5t, Decay, Ivan, Mobius, Ral and whoever else wants to chip in; who will all quote a billion lines to counter everything that is said and then they will agree with each other for pages so that they can create a false sense of truth (as normal). At this point I do not care, I'm going to play doom where I want, with those I want to play with. I'm going to continue to enjoy my favorite game, but I am going to do it on my terms. "Scum" out.

User avatar
Mobius
Banned
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:43 am
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: Aᵌ
Contact:
Banned: Permanently

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#53

Post by Mobius » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:15 am

@ Jwarrier

You never were constantly harassed on ts. You were on Blue's ts during your scrims with C vs A3 (didn't know it was your clan). We never harassed EG except for the incident on AFTS TS. Your wife getting involved or not well doesn't matter cause how I viewed it she got in then she wants to play as well. Next time why don't you try controlling yourself or that anger issue maybe you won't have us on speakers while she is listening in on your rave about "Fuck Mobius" . We literally invited you to our team practices in hopes to patched things. You fought us on a nightly basis cause there was no one else in early 2012. You literally freaked out on me in ts the same night I said shit to Legion in channel and had this crazy grudge since. Didn't take part of the garbage we spew? Then why did you decide to attack my clan cause Killstrike left your clan? We had no part of that. No one is calling you the source of any evil. I even said I caused the shit that happened in C and you were rightfully mad at me at the time, but you know.. you don't read.

Also why is Ral brought up he's banned from irc and the forums rofl

Also if you think we are circle jerking over our narrative feel free to point out specific incidences like who has the most warnings (Blue), or caused the TS scrim incident (you), who was responsible for the ddosing of certain players (Capo and Jenova), and the other flurry of shit posted up here. We go through your swath of text because you guys froth at the mouth with a bunch of accusations with no evidence whatsoever and expect us to stand here and just let you hammer away. You know, heaven forbid people stood up for themselves when someone throws baseless shit at you.

The decay shit I won't speak on though.
dewsome: i can do this all day
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
<+Thomas13> Mobius u r inferior, go outside and get beaten up
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

Jenova
Under Moderation
Posts: 199
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:05 am
Location: Africa
Contact:

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#54

Post by Jenova » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:16 am

You will be hard pressed to find many defending Mobius because they literally cannot justify his trolling. If you read his post you'll note that his attitude didn't change. He skirts around the issue and tries to say "well.. you did this! so I shouldn't be banned". I encourage posters in this topic not to enable his childish behavior. His main argument for why he shouldn't be banned for personal insults in #zandronum is because he was already banned and pardoned in the past (even though he ban evaded on the forums not once, but twice) and has continued to talk shit to this day. His argument literally boils down to "I've already been banned 7 times, you can't ban me for an 8th time, it's not fair".

I don't want to imply Mobius only has A3 at his back but please look at the variety of posters in this topic. People from all facets of the community, some of which even dislike me (Dew), joined and talked about how Mobius is not a very good member. He has contributed next to nothing, and spends most of his time shitting on people on irc/forums. Just take a gander at who has his back -- it should be pretty obvious.

GhoulSlayeR
New User
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015 5:52 am

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#55

Post by GhoulSlayeR » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:00 am

Mobius wrote:
Jenova wrote:My intention wasn't to rush anyone -- but I've noticed that almost every single staff member has read this topic but refrained from posting. It was just an observation to be honest, my intent wasn't to be malicious.

Edit: I will check the logs to see who did this and if I can track it down, but I'd assume it was some A3 member too, since they are the only people who have both, in the past, 1. votekicked caboose from servers for no reason, and 2. make fun of him being prescribed adderall.
The adderal meme is literally shared a lot during the time of the rap fad. I demand proof that it was someone from my camp other than loose conjecture. Story has it that Ghoulslayer will play clips from Decay's rap too so why don't you go ask him as well.
I don't deny the allegations. I found it quite funny that someone would take the time out of their days to continuously obsess over someone over the internet. Be it poorly composed dis rap songs or "inside joke" maps.

Jenova
Under Moderation
Posts: 199
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:05 am
Location: Africa
Contact:

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#56

Post by Jenova » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:06 am

Ghoulslayer, you don't need to reply. I make fun of my friends for stupid shit they do too. You and Caboose are friends -- it obviously is said in jest and not malicious. They are simply trying to draw attention away from the main focus of this topic: Mobius has been the same shitty person his entire time playing this game. Can anyone seriously dispute this? Check his ban history please.

Notice how whenever you try to tell Mobius that he has been banned he says "well... you did this on teamspeak 3 years ago" "well, R is full of assholes!". If you feel this way, make your topic and report R players or whatever you want to do. Two wrongs don't make a right. If you think that I should be banned, then make a topic and tell me all the bad shit that I did and let's see where it goes from there, but please don't deflect your wrongdoings and try to justify you being an asshole because Edd, or Jake, or Caboose, or John Appleseed is also one. Everyone here knows that you are literally 20x worse than anyone you want to bring up, pathetic.

User avatar
John Zombie
Forum Regular
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:59 pm

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#57

Post by John Zombie » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:43 am

Jwarrier wrote: I'm not posting to say ban the "A3 crew", after all they are just a bunch of bandwagon "school yard bullies" who are having difficulty with the growing up stage in life.
Can you elaborate your concept of "growing up stage in life"? Is that posting pictures of danzoa taking a shit? Or maybe it's trolling privs by joining with all your clan, proceeding to pick each other and then throwing games?
You should be careful before playing the victim card like that.

User avatar
HeavenWraith
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 9:58 pm
Location: Lytheaum
Clan: Quebeh
Clan Tag: [A3]
Contact:

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#58

Post by HeavenWraith » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:19 pm

Since I've been mentioned and otherwise involved in this several times, I figure I will post my opinion. Also, the amounts of hypocrisy, informal logical fallacies and public emotion manipulation would provide enough manure fertilizer for a thousand square miles of soil.

This feud is nothing new, and as someone (sorry, there are too many posts to remember who said what) pointed out, it dates back way more than most care to remember. And I'm not talking about the question whether Mobius should be banned, I'm talking about two or more sides (or as Jenova accurately dubbed them - cliques) wrestling for influence and, if chance be generous, getting the other sides out of the game. It's been like this during the time I was part of the staff, and I can see identical symptoms now. When you step back from politics and think, you realize that both Jenova and Mobius are assholes, hands drenched in blood so much that the opposing side has no trouble whatsoever to dig up huge amounts of rotten flesh and dirt at a moment's notice. The only moral higher ground Jenova holds right now is that Mobius' last offense is recent, which was also a pretext to revive this conflict again.

The original point was that staff are spineless and afraid to ban Mobius or whoever from "A3 et al.". From experience in staff I can guess, that that's not what everybody abroad is thinking. No matter which decision one takes, he/she will receive backlash from whichever side got the short end of the stick. It's like choosing which mob to side with and guessing which one will offer weaker retaliation. I believe it takes more spine to actually distance oneself and make a (semi-)objective decision rather than listen to someone's, who supposedly has the higher moral ground in the matter, plea. Especially when the person giving staff "criticism" starts a wall-of-text monologue in #zastaff (a bystander would probably think Jenova was having a mental breakdown) pressuring the staff to change their decision when it doesn't benefit the former.

Now you may say "of course you're posting a pro-mobius post, you're in A3". This is more of an anti-Jenova post, because recently I was unfortunately reminded why I dislike him. I did mention that they're both assholes too. Do not approach unless you have a thick skin, I believe that's common knowledge at this point.

To finish, it's little surprise that the staff are partially paralyzed. I know the notion of banning Mobius has always been a bit hard to tackle due to potential community backlash, but hell, the amount of pressure and self-righteousness the other side presented recently is on its own level too. Not to mention Jenova PMing several people (me included) asking for honest opinions on the case which seemed more like a recruitment call than anything. So there's pressure from all sides. Cut the staff some slack.
Last edited by HeavenWraith on Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
John Zombie
Forum Regular
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:59 pm

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#59

Post by John Zombie » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:55 pm

From what I could understand, the reason for all this ruckus is that jenova got butthurt because he was kicked from the staff channel, and since he's afraid of losing relevance he proceeded to retaliate against a whole group by trying to manipulate the public opinion, doing a call to arms of all the misfits who hold grudges against said group(whereas 5 minutes earlier he would shit talk the very same people he is now recruiting) and implicitly blackmailing to shut down BE if the group he hates doesn't get banned; slimeness at its finest.

TL;DR: jenova is afraid of the consequences of some shit he pulled off, so as a result he is desperately trying to pull attention away from himself by deflecting it onto Mobius/whoever else. Truly pathetic, but then again considering the toxic character we're dealing with it's not exactly surprising either.

I was originally going to stay away from this debacle, but given that some people like to shit talk everyone:
<Jenova> but nobody likes jz
<Jenova> and jz is retarded
but then complain when others do the same , I don't see why I shouldn't point out the obvious hypocrisy and attention whoring that's going on.
Anyway I've never been banned for the videos your new found autistic friend mentioned. Stop grasping for straws, dumbass

User avatar
Mobius
Banned
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:43 am
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: Aᵌ
Contact:
Banned: Permanently

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

#60

Post by Mobius » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:53 pm

Jenova wrote:Ghoulslayer, you don't need to reply. I make fun of my friends for stupid shit they do too. You and Caboose are friends -- it obviously is said in jest and not malicious. They are simply trying to draw attention away from the main focus of this topic: Mobius has been the same shitty person his entire time playing this game. Can anyone seriously dispute this? Check his ban history please.

Notice how whenever you try to tell Mobius that he has been banned he says "well... you did this on teamspeak 3 years ago" "well, R is full of assholes!". If you feel this way, make your topic and report R players or whatever you want to do. Two wrongs don't make a right. If you think that I should be banned, then make a topic and tell me all the bad shit that I did and let's see where it goes from there, but please don't deflect your wrongdoings and try to justify you being an asshole because Edd, or Jake, or Caboose, or John Appleseed is also one. Everyone here knows that you are literally 20x worse than anyone you want to bring up, pathetic.
Meanwhile you address none of the points in my huge ass posts such as what have I recently done that warrants a permaban.
dewsome: i can do this all day
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
<+Thomas13> Mobius u r inferior, go outside and get beaten up
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

Locked