Major Best Ever moderation change

Old stuff gets archived here.
IdeIdoom
Zandrone

Re: Major Best Ever moderation change

Post by IdeIdoom » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:11 am

scroton wrote: This does bring up a good point, however, as it exposes a flaw in my proposal; there do exist a small number of individuals (for instance, Ænima) who, despite showing exceedingly poor judgement in joining a clan, also produce worthwhile content separate from the clan they are in.
I will just point out that most of the moderation team (including the developers) are/were in a clan.

And exceedingly poor judgement? Do you even know what clans are even? They aren't just for competitive play, or to make drama. Hell, you're better off joining a clan to make friends.
THE ROMANIAN POWERImage

Code: Select all

<+Dastan>	edd
<+Dastan>	boxxy skin when
<+Shift>	dastan you really want to fap at it this much and now you are going crazy and shredding your hair into a million tiny pieces for this boxxy skin to come out that way you can cum out
<+Dastan>	Shift, yes
--------------------------------------------------------------------
21:53:26  <@Estar>	well, if i'd be a girl, i would say ideidoom has ok looks

ZZYZX
Posts a lot
Clan: A3
Clan Tag: [A3]

Post by ZZYZX » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:55 am

It's still to be explained why is BE currently down despite Jenova's statement that it'll continue to run normally, with Jenova himself vanishing for 24 hours already, which is a really rare thing (he's usually never or almost never offline).

Also scroton's suggestion is the reverse of what Jenova did: punish all clans and all players in them for what one person does, as opposed to punishing clanless players for what staff member did. Both are equally stupid.
Last edited by ZZYZX on Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

scroton

Post by scroton » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:03 am

Ivan wrote: I'll be extremely kind to you -- This is not the kind of thread for you.
I sincerely appreciate your kindness, but I am just fine in this thread.
IdeIdoom wrote: I will just point out that most of the moderation team (including the developers) are/were in a clan.
I was aware of this regarding the moderation team. My proposal includes placing these individuals into the clan moderation team, where they will be in charge of moderating the clan subforums.

A quick check of the development user group, if I'm reading it correctly, reveals that almost none of the developers are in a clan. Neither Torr Samaho or Blzut3 appear to be in clans.
IdeIdoom wrote: And exceedingly poor judgement? Do you even know what clans are even? They aren't just for competitive play, or to make drama. Hell, you're better off joining a clan to make friends.
While there are certainly some small fraction of forum members that join clans for reasons other than feuding in the forums, you must admit such people are an extreme statistical anomaly.

Regarding the extremely poor judgement remark--I'm not saying that clan members can't be good people, or that they are all terrible drama-mongering individuals that hardly ever actually play Doom, but when I find out someone is on a clan I do usually lose a great deal of respect for the person as it is usually indicative of general poor life choices.

GramGreen
New User

Post by GramGreen » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:28 am

ZZYZX wrote:It's still to be explained why is BE currently down despite Jenova's statement that it'll continue to run normally, with Jenova himself vanishing for 24 hours already, which is a really rare thing (he's usually never or almost never offline).

Also scroton's suggestion is the reverse of what Jenova did: punish all clans and all players in them for what one person does, as opposed to punishing clanless players for what staff member did. Both are equally stupid.
I hope he didn't off himself but I think we can all agree that nothing would be lost.

ZZYZX
Posts a lot

Post by ZZYZX » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:31 am

scroton wrote:Regarding the extremely poor judgement remark--I'm not saying that clan members can't be good people, or that they are all terrible drama-mongering individuals that hardly ever actually play Doom, but when I find out someone is on a clan I do usually lose a great deal of respect for the person as it is usually indicative of general poor life choices.
I'm sorry... what? So if I want to make a team to play with my friends, or join another team for the same reason, it's a poor life choice? I'm sorry again, but you probably were dealing with the wrong people.
Wait, actually, do you play AOW? I know a lot of people from competitive clans will go troll to AOW simply because they don't even care about it :P
Last edited by ZZYZX on Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Konda
Forum Regular

Post by Konda » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:35 am

ZZYZX wrote:
scroton wrote:Regarding the extremely poor judgement remark--I'm not saying that clan members can't be good people, or that they are all terrible drama-mongering individuals that hardly ever actually play Doom, but when I find out someone is on a clan I do usually lose a great deal of respect for the person as it is usually indicative of general poor life choices.
I'm sorry... what? So if I want to make a team to play with my friends, or join another team for the same reason, it's a poor life choice? I'm sorry, but you probably were dealing with the wrong people.
#NotAllClans

Samurai
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Clan: Lost Faction
Clan Tag: [LF]

Post by Samurai » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:40 am

scroton wrote:
Ivan wrote: I'll be extremely kind to you -- This is not the kind of thread for you.
I sincerely appreciate your kindness, but I am just fine in this thread.
IdeIdoom wrote: I will just point out that most of the moderation team (including the developers) are/were in a clan.
I was aware of this regarding the moderation team. My proposal includes placing these individuals into the clan moderation team, where they will be in charge of moderating the clan subforums.

A quick check of the development user group, if I'm reading it correctly, reveals that almost none of the developers are in a clan. Neither Torr Samaho or Blzut3 appear to be in clans.
IdeIdoom wrote: And exceedingly poor judgement? Do you even know what clans are even? They aren't just for competitive play, or to make drama. Hell, you're better off joining a clan to make friends.
While there are certainly some small fraction of forum members that join clans for reasons other than feuding in the forums, you must admit such people are an extreme statistical anomaly.

Regarding the extremely poor judgement remark--I'm not saying that clan members can't be good people, or that they are all terrible drama-mongering individuals that hardly ever actually play Doom, but when I find out someone is on a clan I do usually lose a great deal of respect for the person as it is usually indicative of general poor life choices.
You have a really unhealthy obsession with clans. Basically your theory seems to dive down to 'all people who are in a clan, or who have ever been in a clan should be banned from Zandrounum'.

What the hell does being in a clan have anything at all to do what has happened here, or happened in any sort of drama here in the last 5 or so years? Because I decided to wear a little tag infront of my alias, does that mean I'm going to suddenly act like a dick to people, where as if without having a clan tag I would be nice to everyone. Please stop generalising people here, the drama, or whatever you want to call it in this thread is concerning individuals, not a whole clan.

As others have said, you are either incredibly stupid, a troll, or both. As Ivan kindly pointed out, you're clearly out of your depth here, go play brutal doom or something.

Dynamo
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Dynamo » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:19 pm

GramGreen wrote:I hope he didn't off himself but I think we can all agree that nothing would be lost.
I don't think he did anything of the sort, nor should he ever do anything of the sort - he has probably taken a much needed break given the circumstances so I'm sure he'll be fine. Also, "nothing would be lost" is not, in my view, something at all appropriate to say unless you're called Leonard. He's still a person, and even though he may have pulled some incredibly dumb and petty shit for years, that doesn't mean anybody should be glad if anything wrong happened to him. Just saying. I absolutely distance myself from statements such as these and I think you should think twice before posting something like that. Unless I misunderstood the point you were trying to make in which case I apologize.
Last edited by Dynamo on Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scroton

Post by scroton » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:22 pm

ZZYZX wrote:Also scroton's suggestion is the reverse of what Jenova did: punish all clans and all players in them for what one person does, as opposed to punishing clanless players for what staff member did. Both are equally stupid.
My proposal does not seek to punish clan members; it's a measured, reasonable set of guidelines to promote a positive user experience for all forum members. While most clan members will best fit into this new paradigm by being grouped with other clan members in their own special clan subforum, the pass mentioned in my proposal revision allows for the infrequent clan member that can constructively contribute to the larger community to post in the larger community (with moderator approval for all posts, of course.)
ZZYZX wrote:I'm sorry... what? So if I want to make a team to play with my friends, or join another team for the same reason, it's a poor life choice?
If any of those desires lead to you joining a clan, then yes.
ZZYZX wrote:Wait, actually, do you play AOW? I know a lot of people from competitive clans will go troll to AOW simply because they don't even care about it :P
I have never played All Out War. While I dabble a bit in modding, most of the time when I play online I play with more "vanilla-ish" mods.
Samurai wrote:You have a really unhealthy obsession with clans.
I have seldom paid much attention to clans. My posts in this thread are the first posts I have made which concern clans in any capacity.
Samurai wrote:Basically your theory seems to dive down to 'all people who are in a clan, or who have ever been in a clan should be banned from Zandrounum'.
My proposal does not include banning such individuals from the Zandronum forums, merely restricting their posting to the proposed clan subforums. Depending upon how the proposed Clan Moderation Team decides to moderate the subforums, they may find that moderation is less lenient and thus they would in fact be less likely to be banned, rather than as you suggest.

As for the rest of the non clan forums, clan members would be free to read as much of the non clan sections as they would like and, as per my proposal revision, petition for a pass to post (with moderator approval) in the non clan forums.
Samurai wrote:Because I decided to wear a little tag infront of my alias, does that mean I'm going to suddenly act like a dick to people, where as if without having a clan tag I would be nice to everyone.
I agree with you in theory, but real-world observations lead even the casual observer to a conclusion of "yes." I am uncertain of the cause for the discrepancy.

ZZYZX
Posts a lot

Post by ZZYZX » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:30 pm

scroton wrote:My proposal does not seek to punish clan members
It does. You want to group the people you don't like and perform an one-sided zoo-like separation so they keep producing content but don't have any rights in most of the forums. This is simultaneously nazi and slavery.
I'd say you should get banned for such ideas ^_^
Especially given that it's a direct offense towards me as a clan leader, and at least 1/3 of this community as well.
Last edited by ZZYZX on Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:44 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Dynamo

Post by Dynamo » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:31 pm

scroton wrote:I have seldom paid much attention to clans. My posts in this thread are the first posts I have made which concern clans in any capacity.
Given the absurdity of it all, let us hope they're also the last.

HTG
Clan: Wicked Sick
Clan Tag: WS

Post by HTG » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:24 pm

scroton wrote:Dumb shit
At first i thought you were trolling, as it your post seemed too absurd to be true, but now i know you're somehow being serious let me state what is wrong with your """proposal"""

Limiting those in a clan to a "clan only" part of the website restricts those who also map and contribute elsewhere in zandronum. So because i enjoy playing with a group of people i can't comment on certain projects by other users? nor can i comment on issues that affects zandronum? Great idea buddy.

Second, banning every member from a clan from the main irc channel? aka a public channel? gee that's great thinking, especially when most of the talk there is from gustavo (who you share a few similarities with!)

I'll probably look like an idiot later on if you do turn out to be a troll, which i still pray to god you are

Konda
Forum Regular

Post by Konda » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:33 pm

HTG wrote:
scroton wrote:Dumb shit
At first i thought you were trolling, as it your post seemed too absurd to be true, but now i know you're somehow being serious let me state what is wrong with your """proposal"""

Limiting those in a clan to a "clan only" part of the website restricts those who also map and contribute elsewhere in zandronum. So because i enjoy playing with a group of people i can't comment on certain projects by other users? nor can i comment on issues that affects zandronum? Great idea buddy.

Second, banning every member from a clan from the main irc channel? aka a public channel? gee that's great thinking, especially when most of the talk there is from gustavo (who you share a few similarities with!)

I'll probably look like an idiot later on if you do turn out to be a troll, which i still pray to god you are
Don't worry. He also mentioned something about people with good behavior getting special "pass" cards that let them post outside the concentration camp.

Leonard
Developer

Post by Leonard » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:34 pm

Dynamo wrote:Also, "nothing would be lost" is not, in my view, something at all appropriate to say unless you're called Leonard.
It's ok, you can stop reminding us in every single one of your posts and acting like anyone cares, I think we all understood here the kind of hypocrite that you are.
"appropriate to say"
Wait, weren't you the one who, 1 month ago, was on the side of people who think it's ok to insult everyone on the forum?
Weren't you defending Decay for basically calling everyone a retard?
So you went out of your way just to support having a forum where everyone can be insulted with impunity AND then you go and whine around through PMs about how you're the winner and how your posts are "worthy" and when someone finally responds to you in the aggressive way that you had supported you start acting like suddenly you got offended by it somehow?
So it's fine for all of your little buddies to insult everyone as they please but when someone else does it to you it's wrong?
I think you should just stop being the immense hypocrite that you are and stop shoving your ego in people's face.
Last edited by Leonard on Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IdeIdoom
Zandrone

Post by IdeIdoom » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:35 pm

scroton wrote:

Which is why I said "were". You don't even know the past of this port. Even in your proposal, you said people who are or were in a clan at one point.
scroton wrote:
Now you're 100% just trolling. If someone joins a clan just to shittalk on the forums then that guy will probably get kicked right away from the clan.
scroton wrote: Regarding the extremely poor judgement remark--I'm not saying that clan members can't be good people, or that they are all terrible drama-mongering individuals that hardly ever actually play Doom, but when I find out someone is on a clan I do usually lose a great deal of respect for the person as it is usually indicative of general poor life choices.
You're not saying it, you are presenting them indirectly by separating them as much as possible from the normal community (even people who are pretty talented modders) just because they joined a clan or are in a clan. Biasbiasbiasbias...
THE ROMANIAN POWERImage

Code: Select all

<+Dastan>	edd
<+Dastan>	boxxy skin when
<+Shift>	dastan you really want to fap at it this much and now you are going crazy and shredding your hair into a million tiny pieces for this boxxy skin to come out that way you can cum out
<+Dastan>	Shift, yes
--------------------------------------------------------------------
21:53:26  <@Estar>	well, if i'd be a girl, i would say ideidoom has ok looks

John Zombie
Forum Regular

Post by John Zombie » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:39 pm

rofl, this guy looks like the result of an experiment in artificial stupidity by combining Luke's and fylistyn's autism levels into a single individual. Get outta here

Decay
Zandrone

Post by Decay » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:44 pm

Leonard wrote:
Dynamo wrote:Also, "nothing would be lost" is not, in my view, something at all appropriate to say unless you're called Leonard.
It's ok, you can stop reminding us in every single one of your posts and acting like anyone cares, I think we all understood here the kind of hypocrite that you are.
"appropriate to say"
Wait, weren't you the one who, 1 month ago, was on the side of people who think it's ok to insult everyone on the forum?
Weren't you defending Decay for basically calling everyone a retard?
So you went out of your way just to support having a forum where everyone can be insulted with impunity AND then you go and whine around through PMs about how you're the winner and how your posts are "worthy" and when someone finally responds to you in the aggressive way that you had supported you start acting like suddenly you got offended by it somehow?
So it's fine for all of your little buddies to insult everyone as they please but when someone else does it to you it's wrong?
I think you should just stop being the immense hypocrite that you are and stop shoving your ego in people's face.
Triggered!

Go back to zdoom forums and pat yourself on the back.

Echo
Forum Regular
Clan: Red Bullet Pact
Clan Tag: [RBP]

Post by Echo » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:44 pm

scroton wrote: I know exceedingly little about clans, which is precisely as much as I care to.
Then stop pontificating who/what/why anything clanstuff should be/do.

Or rename to Scrotum. Then it'll be a good laugh.

Dynamo

Post by Dynamo » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:47 pm

Leonard wrote:It's ok, you can stop reminding us in every single one of your posts and acting like anyone cares.
You are right about that, nobody cares about you. I won't ever bother answering to your insane scribbles because I never did any of what you are accusing me of doing, I never told someone to go kill themselves (you did and only gave a half assed back handed apology for it so the only king of hypocrites here is you) and I never supported flamewars. I also as I said distance myself from any statements like the earlier one because I'm not like you. Go back playing with barbie dolls or something.

Oh and by the way, for the incident you are referencing (by twisting the reality no less), you have in fact been warned and banned. I would advise you to end your unhealthy obsession with me so maybe you avoid pulling the same shit and getting the same treatment in return again.

Leonard
Developer

Post by Leonard » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:05 pm

Dynamo wrote:I never did any of what you are accusing me to do
Dynamo wrote:As you can see, between my posts and yours, it is yours which deserve to be trashed. I pray for your utmost quick departure from these forums. Have a nice day.
Sure.
Dynamo wrote:I never supported flamewars. I also as I said distance myself from any statements like the earlier one
Yeah, sure.
Dynamo wrote:I would advise you to end your unhealthy obsession with me
You brought this up yourself.

Anyways in case you wish to reply again:
Dynamo wrote:Nobody is interested in your crusades for justice on the forums.