Clans

Old stuff gets archived here.
Sparr0w
Forum Regular
Clan: Exodus
Clan Tag: [E]

RE: Clans

Post by Sparr0w » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:13 pm

esselfortium wrote: There's nothing wrong with clans, but the forum for them on ST was rarely by any definition "competitive" or otherwise remotely meaningful or worthwhile. Announcing "I have a new clan!" and getting a page or two of "Good luck lol!" responses is utterly pointless.

coming from a non competive player.

So how do you propose we look for new clans in this "new" port?
<Leonard> I've been denied all the best ultrasex

[Saturday, May 28, 2016 7:29 PM] Ross Moore:
I mean I'd jerk off all day to If I could find my dick but I'm too fat

[spoiler]22:13 <ALMN> ranch dressing is in my blood
22:13 <ALMN> and also probably why i'm fat but that's beside the point
22:19 <ALMN> you guys hate on odamex all you want
22:19 <ALMN> it doesn't change the fact that
22:19 <@Razgriz--> its dead
22:19 <Decay> it sucks?
22:19 <@Razgriz--> u rite[/spoiler]

esselfortium
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by esselfortium » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:15 pm

By actually playing the game instead of dicking around on the forums?

Devon
Forum Regular

Post by Devon » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:33 pm

Sparr0w wrote: Lol still the point is that the competive community wants one. So I dont see the point in not having one...If staff doesnt want to mess with the competivre side than just get some more competive mods. Im sure there are alot of people willing to be a mod of a clan section :)
Decay wrote:
Sparr0w wrote:
esselfortium wrote: There's nothing wrong with clans, but the forum for them on ST was rarely by any definition "competitive" or otherwise remotely meaningful or worthwhile. Announcing "I have a new clan!" and getting a page or two of "Good luck lol!" responses is utterly pointless.

Essel is quite right. Why don't you sit down and actually think about it. Really, you don't need a clan thread because if there are any clan challenges, those can be easily posted in the tournament section, along with clan line ups.
However, you can boil it down further, Essel and Decay. You don't need forums for Zandronium, but I, you, the players and the developers want them as people can communicate on them for numerous different reasons and alpha, beta and full versions of Zandronium can easily be distributed, along with other player-developed projects. Again, we don't need Zandronium at all, but we want it as it provides entertainment for those who play it. So please tell me, can you not see the point that I, Sparr0w and countless others are trying to make? We all want a clan section as then clan leaders can provide information regarding their clans and the recent activity within them.

Stipsi

Post by Stipsi » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:35 pm

Actually there are already 2 competitive moderators.

As competitive player I'd like to have a clan section as well. If the rest of staff agrees on re-creating one, we'll most likely ban the "good luck" posts and be stricter than we were on Skulltag forum.

Also sorry GhostlyDeath for going off-topic
Last edited by Stipsi on Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--Ital beast

esselfortium

Post by esselfortium » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:54 pm

Devon wrote:
Sparr0w wrote: Lol still the point is that the competive community wants one. So I dont see the point in not having one...If staff doesnt want to mess with the competivre side than just get some more competive mods. Im sure there are alot of people willing to be a mod of a clan section :)
Decay wrote:
Sparr0w wrote:

Essel is quite right. Why don't you sit down and actually think about it. Really, you don't need a clan thread because if there are any clan challenges, those can be easily posted in the tournament section, along with clan line ups.
However, you can boil it down further, Essel and Decay. You don't need forums for Zandronium, but I, you, the players and the developers want them as people can communicate on them for numerous different reasons and alpha, beta and full versions of Zandronium can easily be distributed, along with other player-developed projects. Again, we don't need Zandronium at all, but we want it as it provides entertainment for those who play it. So please tell me, can you not see the point that I, Sparr0w and countless others are trying to make? We all want a clan section as then clan leaders can provide information regarding their clans and the recent activity within them.
I still don't really understand. You want it because you do, so it should therefore exist?
Last edited by esselfortium on Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IdeIdoom
Zandrone

Post by IdeIdoom » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:28 pm

This thread went to hell when I started talking about clans.

What... the... FracK!?
THE ROMANIAN POWERImage

Code: Select all

<+Dastan>	edd
<+Dastan>	boxxy skin when
<+Shift>	dastan you really want to fap at it this much and now you are going crazy and shredding your hair into a million tiny pieces for this boxxy skin to come out that way you can cum out
<+Dastan>	Shift, yes
--------------------------------------------------------------------
21:53:26  <@Estar>	well, if i'd be a girl, i would say ideidoom has ok looks

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:33 pm

esselfortium wrote: I still don't really understand. You want it because you do, so it should therefore exist?
Not just him... Why not let the public vote on it if you think no one wants it? It'd pretty much halt the argument.

Devon
Forum Regular

Post by Devon » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:39 pm

esselfortium wrote: I still don't really understand. You want it because you do, so it should therefore exist?
No, because it helps clan leaders show information regarding their rosters, contact and recruitment details, plus additional information, about their clans. No offense meant here, but it is easier to understand my (and many others') points of view if you too were on the competitive scene. Please admins, it's no big deal just to add a clan section to the forums, and it'll shut a lot of us up.

Cennou
Banned
Banned: Permanently

Post by Cennou » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:36 pm

Devon wrote:
No, because it helps clan leaders show information regarding their rosters, contact and recruitment details, plus additional information, about their clans. No offense meant here, but it is easier to understand my (and many others') points of view if you too were on the competitive scene. Please admins, it's no big deal just to add a clan section to the forums, and it'll shut a lot of us up.
It does help with discussing how to contact people such as where the irc channel is and what the member list is, what type of clan it is and so on.Also it's good to know how to understand it aswell so there is no confusion of whats going on here and there
[spoiler]i once killed a lion with a spinning back fist. It was years ago, on safari in Africa. My guide Mombomotombo was taking a leak behind a tree when out from the bushes a lion charged at me. At first i just looked at him the way bruce lee looked at Ohara in enter the dragon. But, the lion kept coming. When he was in mid air, with claws and teeth ready to do me like a zebra, i took 2 steps back and unleashed a chuck norris spinning back fist, crushing the lions skull.
than i ate his heart
http://i.imgur.com/EiamW.jpg
[/spoiler][spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:41 pm

esselfortium wrote:
Devon wrote:
Decay wrote:
Sparr0w wrote:

I still don't really understand. You want it because you do, so it should therefore exist?
What's so hard to understand ? People basically demand something that existed long ago to be put here. It's natural and necessary.
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

Cennou
Banned
Banned: Permanently

Post by Cennou » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:47 pm

Having a clan section gives people an easyer understanding of what the clan wants and what it needs and how you can get in and what it's functions are such as a mapping clan or a competitive clan, this stuff needs to be known!
[spoiler]i once killed a lion with a spinning back fist. It was years ago, on safari in Africa. My guide Mombomotombo was taking a leak behind a tree when out from the bushes a lion charged at me. At first i just looked at him the way bruce lee looked at Ohara in enter the dragon. But, the lion kept coming. When he was in mid air, with claws and teeth ready to do me like a zebra, i took 2 steps back and unleashed a chuck norris spinning back fist, crushing the lions skull.
than i ate his heart
http://i.imgur.com/EiamW.jpg
[/spoiler][spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Zap610

Post by Zap610 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:54 pm

This thread is literally a perfect example of why there shouldn't be a clan section. If you people used the energy from complaining about it and actually get on, play, and make your clan known then people would be aware of your clan instead of a free handout that is a clan thread. We understand the point of a clan thread, we know it spreads information about the clan. We know it used to be here. Don't you all think competition would be better if you are forced to establish your clan by playing instead of making a thread and massaging egos? The new forums even allow matches to be arranged. Instead of using hypothetical statements and attacking us that we don't know what we are talking about, how about actually trying to convince us.
Last edited by Zap610 on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spider

Post by Spider » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:58 pm

In my opinion I was only worried about Clan Section because of the Archieves but apperently it was lost already so I don't just care anymore.
If you admins don't want to bring them back because you guys just don't want to, well it's your call after all you are not listening to the community and that always makes troubles at times...

Wartorn

Post by Wartorn » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:58 pm

Decay wrote: Essel is quite right. Why don't you sit down and actually think about it. Really, you don't need a clan thread because if there are any clan challenges, those can be easily posted in the tournament section, along with clan line ups.
Indeed. Essel's thought process also coincides with ours when we decided to neglect the inclusion of the forum. We didn't see the necessity when it only baited two possible outcomes (Thread closure and gl spam). We were hoping that clans that will step into the fray of the competitive scene will initiate challenges on those they find in the game, and these other "mapping" clans will come out and release their projects to help bolster the activity of the scene instead of centralizing it.

In short, we'll consider it if there's enough demand for it, but the administration's views do not view it as much of a necessity as has been exaggerated thus far by the misinformation spread about by Sparrow. Our involvement with competition has nothing to do with it as we are at least trying to take it into consideration.
Decay wrote: The only compromise solution/suggestion I can come up with is a clan "section" but the topics get 1 post; the first post. This acts as the desired "status update" for clans (ie letting people know who's in, purpose, where to be reached, etc), but also prevents threads filled with pointless "good lucks", dumb pictures, flames/trolling/drama whatever. Beyond, I can't really think of a legit reason for the admins to allow to continue the garbage that went on at ST.
This is the best solution proposed thus far and we may move with this set up.
Last edited by Wartorn on Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:58 pm

Decay wrote: The only compromise solution/suggestion I can come up with is a clan "section" but the topics get 1 post; the first post. This acts as the desired "status update" for clans (ie letting people know who's in, purpose, where to be reached, etc), but also prevents threads filled with pointless "good lucks", dumb pictures, flames/trolling/drama whatever. Beyond, I can't really think of a legit reason for the admins to allow to continue the garbage that went on at ST.
I agree, this way we would know who's in who's roster and who's playing for who, right.
Last edited by Ivan on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

Zap610

Post by Zap610 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:00 pm

Spider wrote:after all you are not listening to the community and that always makes troubles at times...
With useless comments like that you're only reinforcing our point. If you have to resort to attacking us with false information why should we bother taking your feedback into account?

Spider

Post by Spider » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:08 pm

Zap610 wrote:
Spider wrote:after all you are not listening to the community and that always makes troubles at times...
With useless comments like that you're only reinforcing our point. If you have to resort to attacking us with false information why should we bother taking your feedback into account?
Well because basically most of the things have been said already, but if you want me to base it, okay so everyone here wants a Clan Section, while I know there were some pointless posts and dramas on the old skulltag forum it is always important to come up and inform people about their clans, projects, competition, then archieves will keep tracks of old clans that have died If anyone want to go back and educate theirselves about them.

Honestly I don't mind the clan section not being in here, but it's what most of us here need and want.

EDIT: I would suggest making the clan topics in the tournaments & matches instead of having a whole clan section for them.
Last edited by Spider on Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Qent

Post by Qent » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:19 pm

Seconded. Although it just occurred to me, hypothetically if that did happen, how would moderators go about pruning dead clan threads? Not that the old method of spamming "And are YOU alive?" in every thread was particularly elegant either....

Xaser

Post by Xaser » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:56 pm

I am a clan.

esselfortium

Post by esselfortium » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:11 am

New forum for clams only