Catastrophic Client [v0.15] DISCONTINUED (See OP)

Old stuff gets archived here.
Catastrophe
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Posts: 2558
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:44 am

Catastrophic Client [v0.15] DISCONTINUED (See OP)

#1

Post by Catastrophe » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:47 am

This has been merged with Leonard's Binary

We've decided to merge the Catastrophic Client and Zandronum's Advanced Binary. The new name is now "Zandronum's Community Client" containing your favorite features from both clients. You can view the source here: https://bitbucket.org/Leonard2/zandronu ... t/overview

A thread dedicated to the new client will be posted tomorrow. So those who've been itching to see the source to this project can finally do so :biggrin: . A windows build will be posted as soon as we have an official thread tomorrow.

================================================

The Catastrophic Client

This is a shitty custom client I've made for personal use and have decided to share it with all of you. Now with software support..
-~=Features=~-
Advanced cl_identifytarget - I have upgraded cl_identifytarget to an integer instead of a boolean. Each number will display itself and everything prior.
  1. Name
  2. Health
  3. Armor
  4. Weapon Name
  5. Ammo / Alt Ammo
  6. Class/Skin Name
Setting cl_identifytarget to 6 will display everything listed above.

New ccmd "ifspectator" - Have you ever f12'd through a bunch of people only to miss the person you wanted to watch? Well say no more! The new command ifspectator will save your day.

Code: Select all

bind mwheelup "weapprev; ifspectator spyprev"
bind mwheeldown "weapnext; ifspectator spynext"
The bind above will allow you to scroll through players as a spectator while being able to switch weapons in-game. So, if you miss the person you were trying to watch, you can simply scroll back without wasting any precious time.

Custom Chat Prefix/Suffix - This will allow you to add fancy text like mine. It's simple. All you need are the following commands: cata_chatprefix and cata_chatsuffix. As the names imply, cata_chatprefix will add any text before your message, whereas cata_chatsuffix will add any text after your message. For example, doing cata_chatprefix "\\cf" will change all your text to the color yellow.

If people get annoyed I'll remove chat from the client. Please use it politely :lol:

New cvar "cata_identifymonsters" - Identifies monsters, as it would with players. Unfortunately there is no way to check a monsters' health accurately from the clients' perspective. So here are the possible settings:
  1. Name
  2. Name + Drops
Note: The drops displayed will be whatever is specified from the actors' dropitem list. If an item is dropped via a_spawnitemex instead of dropitem, it will not be displayed.

-~=Downloads=~-

v0.15
v0.1


Post feedback below.
Last edited by Catastrophe on Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Kara Kurt
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Posts: 887
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:58 pm
Location: Strasbourg, France
Contact:

RE: Catastrophic Client [v0.1]

#2

Post by Kara Kurt » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:56 am

Catastrophe wrote:
New ccmd "ifspectator" - Have you ever f12'd through a bunch of people only to miss the person you wanted to watch? Well say no more! The new command ifspectator will save your day.

Code: Select all

bind mwheelup "weapprev; ifspectator spyprev"
bind mwheeldown "weapnext; ifspectator spynext"
The bind above will allow you to scroll through players as a spectator while being able to switch weapons in-game. So, if you miss the person you were trying to watch, you can simply scroll back without wasting any precious time.
That was a needed feature actually, good job on that. Likewise would it be possible to add flagnext, which allows you to immediately view a player that is currently holding a flag.

Catastrophe
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Posts: 2558
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:44 am

RE: Catastrophic Client [v0.1]

#3

Post by Catastrophe » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:10 am

Kara Kurt wrote: That was a needed feature actually, good job on that. Likewise would it be possible to add flagnext, which allows you to immediately view a player that is currently holding a flag.
Thanks, and so far I'm going to say... PROBABLY yes. I'll try to add this in for V0.2!

User avatar
fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Posts: 984
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:04 pm
Location: France

RE: Catastrophic Client [v0.1]

#4

Post by fr blood » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:01 pm

Wow, amazing work, hopping this will be included on the next Zand as an option, it would be very useful in any Gameplay.

User avatar
Leonard
Developer
Posts: 165
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:09 pm

RE: Catastrophic Client [v0.1]

#5

Post by Leonard » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:18 pm

Catastrophe wrote:This supports open-gl only.
I didn't test the binary myself, but if the binary crashes when using software, I may have a solution for you.
I had the problem myself long ago, to fix this I simply had to use the proper nasm version that is mentioned on the wiki. After installing it software no longer crashed.
[spoiler]

Code: Select all

<@WaTaKiD> punish me
* Seanphone gets his belt out
<+Seanphone> all right WaTaKiD bend over

Code: Select all

<Kokiri> capo whos your fav pony?
<capo> i like them all

Code: Select all

cobalt changes topic to 'ZDoom 2.6.1 progress: at r3771, 23 revisions left (98% complete)'
<edward-san> omg
<edward-san> almost finished!!!
<Sean> !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<Sean> Plot twist: This is the status of Half-Life 3.
<Dusk> plot twist: the percentage count suddenly begins to decline instead
<Sean> Torr makes a forum post "We're going back to 2.5.0"
<Dusk> and we do so incrementally
[/spoiler]

User avatar
Sean
IRC Operator
Posts: 927
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:09 pm
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

RE: Catastrophic Client [v0.1]

#6

Post by Sean » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:23 pm

Pretty neat. I don't mind about the lack of software mode.


Any chance of you releasing the source?
<capodecima> i dont say any more word without my loyer jenova

Catastrophe
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Posts: 2558
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:44 am

RE: Catastrophic Client [v0.1]

#7

Post by Catastrophe » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:18 pm

Leonard wrote:
Catastrophe wrote:This supports open-gl only.
I didn't test the binary myself, but if the binary crashes when using software, I may have a solution for you.
I had the problem myself long ago, to fix this I simply had to use the proper nasm version that is mentioned on the wiki. After installing it software no longer crashed.
So that's what's causing it! Will try this ASAP.
Sean wrote: Pretty neat. I don't mind about the lack of software mode.


Any chance of you releasing the source?
Thanks, and I'll release a diff containing all the changes next version so all of you can tell me how much of a terrible job I did :razz:

User avatar
fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Posts: 984
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:04 pm
Location: France

RE: Catastrophic Client [v0.1]

#8

Post by fr blood » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:52 pm

I think that you shall make the prefix/suffix tchat something different, by that I mean that the bind for "normal tchat" and the one for "custom tchat" could be 2 different one.

Catastrophe
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Posts: 2558
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:44 am

RE: Catastrophic Client [v0.1]

#9

Post by Catastrophe » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:45 pm

fr blood wrote: I think that you shall make the prefix/suffix tchat something different, by that I mean that the bind for "normal tchat" and the one for "custom tchat" could be 2 different one.
I'd rather not do that as it would over-complicate things.

Catastrophe
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Posts: 2558
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:44 am

RE: Catastrophic Client [v0.15] Updated 6/2

#10

Post by Catastrophe » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:03 am

Sorry for double post, but this has been updated to v0.15. Now with software support and a new cvar, cata_identifymonsters. Download it above!
Last edited by Catastrophe on Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Lord_of_D:
Posts a lot
Posts: 691
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:31 am
Location: Mexico
Contact:

RE: Catastrophic Client [v0.15] Updated 6/2

#11

Post by Lord_of_D: » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:16 am

fucking cool, but i wont give it a try until it sounds more stable
Image

User avatar
DevilHunter
Zandronum Tester
Posts: 633
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:58 am
Location: Alaska, USA
Contact:

RE: Catastrophic Client [v0.15] Updated 6/2

#12

Post by DevilHunter » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:49 pm

Dunno why but it seems that when I quit and rejoin a server.. The cvars I set before like cata_prefix/suffix. Any reason why they don't stick?

EDIT: Welp, I just ended up putting the cvars in a cfg file and autoload it. But umm.. I came to figure out something...

When using the prefix/suffix thing.. You cannot use the /me command in-game. Yea.....
Last edited by DevilHunter on Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Catastrophe
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Posts: 2558
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:44 am

RE: Catastrophic Client [v0.15] Updated 6/2

#13

Post by Catastrophe » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:35 am

DevilHunter wrote: Dunno why but it seems that when I quit and rejoin a server.. The cvars I set before like cata_prefix/suffix. Any reason why they don't stick?

EDIT: Welp, I just ended up putting the cvars in a cfg file and autoload it. But umm.. I came to figure out something...

When using the prefix/suffix thing.. You cannot use the /me command in-game. Yea.....
Strange how cata_chatprefix and cata_chatsuffix didn't get archived for you since it worked for several others... Oh well, at least you managed to get it to work.

Ah, /me commands? Sure. I'll add support for that next version.

User avatar
DevilHunter
Zandronum Tester
Posts: 633
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:58 am
Location: Alaska, USA
Contact:

RE: Catastrophic Client [v0.15] Updated 6/2

#14

Post by DevilHunter » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:44 am

yea.. I have no clue how that happened. I guess I didn't set it right or something. I might look into it again. Also, something I was thinking about.. Forking zandronum, then adding your changes on your own fork. Would make it a lot easier to see whats changed and compile from.. Perhaps even merge this with Fused's binary. Would be nice since its just cvars and such.

User avatar
Slim
Zandrone
Posts: 1112
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:11 am
Location: Zero Space
Clan: Can't fit it in here
Clan Tag: -=FSR=-
Contact:

RE: Catastrophic Client [v0.15] Updated 6/2

#15

Post by Slim » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:57 am

[quote=Devilhunter]Perhaps even merge this with Fused's binary. Would be nice since its just cvars and such.
[/quote]
Yeah, these came out about the same time, and both have great features! So maybe a merger would solve the "constantly switching binaries" issue people would have (I know I do).
Image

"Your childish antics grow tiring. If you dare to fight me, then I accept your challenge: Anytime, anywhere." - Zero, Megaman X5
Spoiler: Quotes (Open)
5:54 PM - Slim: you're complaining about something so small that
5:54 PM - Lance: so? we do that all the time
5:55 PM - Lance: we're a bunch of losers complaining at a bar minus the bar
Spoiler: Galactus tried evading (Open)
Image

Catastrophe
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Posts: 2558
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:44 am

RE: Catastrophic Client [v0.15] Updated 6/2

#16

Post by Catastrophe » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:43 am

Slim wrote:
Devilhunter wrote:Perhaps even merge this with Fused's binary. Would be nice since its just cvars and such.

Yeah, these came out about the same time, and both have great features! So maybe a merger would solve the "constantly switching binaries" issue people would have (I know I do).
That's up to him if he wants to collaborate with me. I don't mind.
Devilhunter wrote:Also, something I was thinking about.. Forking zandronum, then adding your changes on your own fork. Would make it a lot easier to see whats changed and compile from..
I am not that familiar with bitbucket. I barely understand tortoise as it is haha
Last edited by Catastrophe on Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Fused
Contributor
Posts: 642
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:47 am
Location: Netherlands
Clan: TK
Contact:

RE: Catastrophic Client [v0.15] Updated 6/2

#17

Post by Fused » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:07 am

Catastrophe wrote: That's up to him if he wants to collaborate with me. I don't mind.
That's okay to me. I actually send you a memo on irc about it a while ago, but I guess people never check those. :smile:
Anyways, tag me on irc or something if you have time.

Catastrophe
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Posts: 2558
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:44 am

RE: Catastrophic Client [v0.15] Updated 6/2

#18

Post by Catastrophe » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:04 am

Fused wrote:
Catastrophe wrote: That's up to him if he wants to collaborate with me. I don't mind.
That's okay to me. I actually send you a memo on irc about it a while ago, but I guess people never check those. :smile:
Anyways, tag me on irc or something if you have time.
Oh... I just noticed. Will do.

User avatar
DevilHunter
Zandronum Tester
Posts: 633
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:58 am
Location: Alaska, USA
Contact:

RE: Catastrophic Client [v0.15] Updated 6/2

#19

Post by DevilHunter » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:56 am

Bitbucket is not that hard to understand. However, you do need TortoiseHG if you want to make the best of it anyhow. I'm still trying to learn Github with TortoiseGit.. Its almost the same thing.

I could possibly Fork it myself and add your changes..

User avatar
fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Posts: 984
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:04 pm
Location: France

RE: Catastrophic Client [v0.15] Updated 6/2

#20

Post by fr blood » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:01 pm

I don't know what's wrong, maybe a mistake of me, but actually there is a bug, when I use identify player with all the stuff, it doesn't work until I turn on identify monsters, there is probably a link between them that you forgot to remove.

Locked