Join-ban-trolling

Old stuff gets archived here.
UnTrustable
Forum Regular

RE: Join-ban-trolling

Post by UnTrustable » Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:13 pm

I fully support Vote kick feature.
A Ban kick by users (players) NOT!
And if a vote- or ban-kick is in order, i HAVE to come back to the flexible part.
And since nobody seems to care of what happened there and keep calling the good people being the bad, even this thread doesn't bring people to think.
Tor-Bjorn wrote: Let's ask the more important question, which is: What did YOU do to incite such an act. I mean come on; cause & effect. People don't just vote kick you out of the server to spite you unless you have had some direct correlation with them prior to your described events.
Anyone here will tell you the same thing: No one does that without reason, and the people who actually do it out of spite, have been long since banned.
Apparently you are wrong about this. Nobody even cares about WHO really starts and how they start.
Reading some replies in this thread i see that noone is aware the seriousness about some discussion.
Tor-Bjorn wrote: Zandronum is an incredibly small community and everyone here knows each-other on a personal level. So it wouldn't be hard to identify the suspect(s).
Apparently you are wrong again. For years on Skulltag i tried to be reasonable at all times, trying to give possible solutions, understanding why someone acts in any sort of ways, and im sure this very post will not been read or understood:
In general (because there are always a few exceptions( luckely :smile: ))
People back in the time of Skulltag, don't care to know someone.
The only group i can think of who 'knows' eachother alittle are the one, who joined a long term project, or compete alot in competitive matches, joined a clan.... etc.
Recently someone really thought i had to be a troll myself. (The one who reads this line, will know WHO i meant.)
5 years of trying to be reasonable at all times, right through the drain.
After my second ban, i lost care about the community of Skulltag, and it looks nothing has changed while it turned into Zandronum.
I don't want to offend anyone, but this is really a fact, but ... i don't care if you don't take my sayings serious.
But please don't come back to this issue 3 or 4 years from now, and then tell me (if im still there) "Hey dude, you were right all along (till certain level).
You guys don't have too, the future will tell....

For who ever IS interested in what i have to say:
1) Nobody cares about others, especially when they are new or unknown. And what comes forward out of this is, they dont want to understand or not even are interested in a slightest possibility that whatever will be said MIGHT be true.
It may be deep to some, but even in lies lays a certain ammount of thruth.
2) Nobody is interested in wall of text posts, so IF they even try to read it, they will eventually stop reading after the third or forth sentence. Not to mention that they even understood the message.
Not to mention that if someone suffers a language barrier, they don't even care to understand the message anyways.
3) Most of us, automaticly goes into an offense-mode. If someone says this community is doing something wrong, they automaticly react "There is nothing wrong with me ! So fuck off !".
And if so, you in particular don't have to defend your stand.
No instead, most of us here, jumps on the bandwagon.
4) Some of us has the tendency to be popular.

Just those 4 points only, is something that i don't have, no matter what you may think.
Skulltag community can change alot for the better, but for all these time, nothing has changed, or i must be blind, but i don't see any mayor change.

I know exactly how to gain respect, and my post here isn't one of them, but at least its the truth... my truth.
And the whole troll issue can be easely resolved within a few months.... if not is just a few weeks.
But if certain people were just interested in this solution, things might become alot more liveable.
I have learned in the Skulltag-years, that i cannot change the people here, and sure, don't get me wrong, the trolling will never entirely go away.
I have stopped trying to change the people here, it's now all up to you guys, if you want to deal with the troll issue or not.

I thought this was against the rules...?? Or are the rules changed lately?
Oh well, who cares anyways, i guess some of us don't realise that posting such images might lure out
Tor-Bjorn wrote:cause & effect.
So WHO is really causing an effect.

Im not trying to get off topic this thread, or to add fuel to the fire, alright?
Save your energy to tell me, "This is the internetz, live with it.", that is a typical saying from some, who hasn't have the life experients to see what solution works to some problem.
I visit many other forums (not all of them are game related), and this Skulltag (turned into Zandronum) forum is the most unique one who is having this troll/drama issue.
I just stated only 4 points up here where you could work with.
Maybe i should vote for moderator-ship.......?
Then again.... from what i am going to expect of what types of replies will come to this thread in the upcoming pages, im sure i am going to save my breath more the next time.
I even think some moderator will lock this topic, because of drama...?

My post has nothing to do with drama, nor trolling.

Ruin
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

RE: Join-ban-trolling

Post by Ruin » Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:46 pm

Combinebobnt wrote: Learn to contact server admins and you will win life. (if they can understand you, that is)
This. The current system is set in place for a reason and will probably remain that way. Contact the individual running the server. If you don't know, join #staff on the IRC and we will help you sort it out. Or you can send a PM to one of the staff members right here on the forums. Record a demo, take a screenshot. ANY information helps. Coming on here with hardly no info other than "some dudes kicked me from a server" isn't going to help us help you. The kick-bans themselves aren't even permanent. I believe they're 10 minutes. Yes, a minority of people do abuse the vote system. People have been banned for abusing the vote system. But with little to no info on who they are and what server you were on....there isn't much we can do.
Last edited by Ruin on Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Secondly, <PRO> is utter shit, and they're only "known" because almost all of them are also staff." - /vr/