[split] Metroid: Dreadnought v1 - The Galaxy is Doomed

Old stuff gets archived here.
The Riet
New User

RE: Metroid: Dreadnought v1 - The Galaxy is Doomed

Post by The Riet » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:01 pm

Zantum wrote: I see something like 4chan only. (just association)

Say anything to the ordinary person, which dont know absolutely all about Doom and connected, rather than to explain why the problem is not a problem and for some reason, asked what is impossible. (find the reason why Metroid Dreadnought got problems with Brutal Doom)
You are increasingly adamant about this being a problem. "Problem" implies an unintended circumstance that negatively affects the current situation, but Metroid Dreadnought and Brutal Doom were never designed to be run together, so calling this a problem would be a flagrant display of your own feelings on the matter.

To explain further: Metroid Dreadnought and Brutal Doom are both gameplay mods, which rely on many different scripts to run properly. Generally it is unwise to load two separate gameplay mods at once, as the necessary scripts may overwrite each other and produce undesired effects. Of course, occasionally you will get separate gameplay mods where a compatibility patch is produced to allow both mods to be playable together. What you are not understanding, is that the creator of Metroid Dreadnought is not willing to create such a compatibility patch.

At this point in time, in order to see a compatibility patch made, you would either need to contact the creator of Brutal Doom so that they may create such a patch, or create one yourself by figuring out the conflicting data on your own. As you seem to be the only person who wants to have such a compatibility patch made, unless you have a deep knowledge of Decorate and whatever else might be found within the mods, I find this endeavor to be rather fruitless.

Zantum

Post by Zantum » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:48 am

telling you right here right now that this won't fly
I dont understand why in theory level.
On the examples is clearer like this: The Ultimate Torment & Torque dont work with Brutal Doom even if try launch, because ignore him fully but runs the game without any errors. Thats all, I understand why dont fly and dont try do impossible thing.
What you are not understanding, is that the creator of Metroid Dreadnought is not willing to create such a compatibility patch.
I answer to other people. Author currently leave and dont responce.
Also, I dont think what problem in code(Zandronum do report about it, as variant - report about critical error while launch). So the problem in something another.
you would either need to contact the creator of Brutal Doom.
Knowledge of the source of the problem simplifies the task for the Brutal Doom author anyway.

The Toxic Avenger
Forum Staff
Clan: ???
Clan Tag: [???]

Post by The Toxic Avenger » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:59 am

You've been told at least 3 times Brutal Doom compatibility isn't going to happen, and you still keep asking/complaining. Stop.

I'm close to cutting you off from posting about it in this thread.

On a side note, Ryan Cordell, you might want to tone your posting style down a bit.
Last edited by The Toxic Avenger on Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:56 am

Zantum wrote:
Fuck theory, learn how DECORATE actually works.
http://zdoom.org/wiki/Using_inheritance
Unless you know how this stuff works then you really need to stop posting because you sound increasingly ignorant of how Doom modding actually works.

It's like the average Joe saying "Why can't I put 2 engines in my car?" (yes people do it for hotrods but it takes a lot of hours of work)

No offense, I know you apologized in the other thread but you're still coming across as the stereotypical whiny Brutard t
Zantum wrote:
Fuck theory, learn how DECORATE actually works.
http://zdoom.org/wiki/Using_inheritance

It's like the average Joe saying "Why can't I put 2 engines in my car?" (yes people do it for hotrods but it takes a lot of hours of work)

No offense, I know you apologized in the other thread but you're still coming across as the stereotypical whiny brutard that we deal with on a daily basis. "I CAN'T PLAY DOOM WITHOUT BRUTAL DOOM SO YOU HAVE TO REMOVE ALL CONFLICTS FROM YOUR MOD SO THAT I CAN"
Ænima in the other thread wrote: It's a modder's choice to make a patch if they want their mod to be compatible with BD. Otherwise you're basically shitting on us and saying "your mod doesn't cater to my tastes, i'm going to override all the hard work you put into this mod with a flashy unbalanced clusterfuck". When you sit down to eat Thanksgiving dinner, do you throw the turkey your aunt slaved over onto the floor and replace it with Burger King? and The fact that someone can't leave their little BD comfort zone and play mods the way the author intended for them to be played is really just sad.

Right now you're kinda shitting all over Term's turkey, to use that analogy. He put all that hard work into making this mod and all you want to do is slap Brutal Doom on it. Yet you don't understand that that simply doesn't work because both mods replace hundreds of actors, many of them the same. They probably use some of the same ACS script numbers too, and that can create big problems.

tl;dr Stop being a typical 13-year-old Sgt Mark fanboy and learn how to make mods for yourself instead of telling everyone else why combining two huge gameplay mods should work flawlessly.

Zantum

Post by Zantum » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:59 am

you're still coming across as the stereotypical whiny
Sorry, but its fantasies. Dont know where you find it in my previous posts about requirements and ultimatums.
"Why can't I put 2 engines in my car?"
I think, its incorrect for me. Its like comparing games and food. (sorry)
learn how to make mods for yourself
I think, I just find a man, which find why conflict happens and inform me about it with other information. Its be more productive and fast than read emotions and that I 4chan's /b/tard.

As an excuse I suggest delete posts 158-159, 161-188 because its offtopic, as minimum. And stop further discussion about "MDwithBD compatibility" here. For this offer to go to the PMs, not here.
Last edited by Zantum on Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

IdeIdoom
Zandrone

Post by IdeIdoom » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:05 am

Then why did you start it? You started the discussion and you tell us this discussion should go to PMs? It should be other way around.
THE ROMANIAN POWERImage

Code: Select all

<+Dastan>	edd
<+Dastan>	boxxy skin when
<+Shift>	dastan you really want to fap at it this much and now you are going crazy and shredding your hair into a million tiny pieces for this boxxy skin to come out that way you can cum out
<+Dastan>	Shift, yes
--------------------------------------------------------------------
21:53:26  <@Estar>	well, if i'd be a girl, i would say ideidoom has ok looks

-Jes-
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by -Jes- » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:39 am

Zantum wrote: Sorry, but its fantasies.
Bullshit.
You're STILL spamming the thread of a great mod with your inane "I WANT THEORETIC PROOF WHY THIS CANT BE DONE" gibberish.
MODDING. SIMPLY. DOESN'T. WORK. THAT. WAY.

Zantum wrote:I think, its incorrect for me.
The comparison is apt you little douchenozzle. Not his fault you know fuck all about modding nor care to.

Zantum wrote: I think, I just find a man
You're not gonna find anyone willing to spend well over a year on your egotistic little dream of putting Brutal Doom where it doesn't belong.
Not Gonna Happen.

Zantum wrote:Its be more productive and fast than read emotions and that I 4chan's /b/tard.
Instead of calling people b-tards, how about you piss off and try doing it yourself.
THAT'S FASTER AND MORE PRODUCTIVE THAN ANYTHING YOU HAVE WRITTEN SO FAR!

Zantum wrote:As an excuse I-
- I suggest you fuck off until you have accomplished anything beyond being a threadshitting brutard.
Last edited by -Jes- on Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Konda
Forum Regular

Post by Konda » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:31 pm

IdeIdoom wrote: Then why did you start it? You started the discussion and you tell us this discussion should go to PMs? It should be other way around.
The discussion escalated into a shitstorm and has been going off the topic's direction for a while. That's why he doesn't want to continue it in this thread, but rather in PMs.
Last edited by Konda on Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Code: Select all

<Synert> fuck
<Synert> plugged in my memory stick and got a bsod