Forum Suggestions/Bugs

Old stuff gets archived here.

RE: Forum Suggestions/Bugs

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:48 pm

Me thinks just nick, custom title, clan tag and avatar should be shown on posts.

Number of posts, date joined, location and status seems useless, since almost nobody cares to these details. It would make the topic more clean in blue space translucent, too. How about disabling them?

Oh yeah, I'm part of no rep system usergroup and reputations looks like it isn't disabled for me.
Last edited by Guest on Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Empyre
Zandrone

Post by Empyre » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:27 am

When I click on Mark All Forums Read, nothing happens. I then click on View New Posts and every thread I haven't read is still not marked read. I am using IE 8 in Win XP SP3.
Last edited by Empyre on Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
"For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky."

Dark-Assassin
Maintenence Crew

Post by Dark-Assassin » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:49 am

This is currently a bug with the software and hopefully soon to be fixed.
I'll check around again and see what I can come up with. I already tried one thing and it didn't work.

Torr Samaho
Lead Developer

Post by Torr Samaho » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:27 pm

-=Dark-Assassin=- wrote: I'll check around again and see what I can come up with. I already tried one thing and it didn't work.
Are you fiddling with this at the moment? I just noticed that the last two new posts were not displayed as unread for me even though I didn't open them yet.

Dark-Assassin
Maintenence Crew

Post by Dark-Assassin » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:42 pm

Yea, I noticed that as well. I couldn't be sure what would happen straight off so I left it for a bit.

I guess I'll have to revert what I done.

Torr Samaho
Lead Developer

Post by Torr Samaho » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:53 pm

Seems to work again now. Thanks!

Dark-Assassin
Maintenence Crew

Post by Dark-Assassin » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:34 pm

I'm just unsure about this bug. I've tried patches and even an option in the ACP to attempt to. Doesn't change anything.

I really hope it's fixed in 1.6.9, because it isn't in 1.6.8 :\

Edit:
Alright, I've added a new popup notification for if you get Private Messages.
This will popup in the bottom left corner of the screen, then disappear after 30 seconds if the "Hide" link is not clicked.

I myself have missed some PMs just by easily missing the notification in the header. Hopefully this popup will provide usefulness.
Last edited by Dark-Assassin on Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Torr Samaho
Lead Developer

Post by Torr Samaho » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:12 pm

-=Dark-Assassin=- wrote: I really hope it's fixed in 1.6.9, because it isn't in 1.6.8 :\
So you think this kind of basic functionality is broken in MyBB? If so, are the MyBB developers aware of this?

Dark-Assassin
Maintenence Crew

Post by Dark-Assassin » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:26 pm

Hmm, it seems that on their tracker, the only noticeable entry of this ( http://dev.mybb.com/issues/1556 ), it shows the user gets an error. And this was back in 1.6.3.
Here it just does nothing at all. I really don't have a clue why. There are no PHP or SQL errors.
I managed to test this with another place using MyBB and theirs seems to work. And I know the owner hardly works on his forums at all.
Last edited by Dark-Assassin on Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Torr Samaho
Lead Developer

Post by Torr Samaho » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:55 pm

So in that case you may want to report it at the MyBB tracker (in case you think it's a bug) or ask about it on the MyBB forum (in case you think it's a configuration problem on our side).

Dark-Assassin
Maintenence Crew

Post by Dark-Assassin » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:03 pm

It might just be related to a dirty SQL database or table as well.
There have been quite a few pages and some plugins 'adapted' for the use with Postgre since they were written for the MySQL syntax.

Hmm... Might have to dig around a little if it's possible.

I have posted it on their forums under General support as it is more likely someone would be able to identify the problem.
Last edited by Dark-Assassin on Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dark-Assassin
Maintenence Crew

Post by Dark-Assassin » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:41 pm

Bump.

Added a notice to users in the header if they are currently set as away.
It will show the reason, away since and the return date. Also contains a link setting the user to back.

DevilHunter
Zandronum Tester

Post by DevilHunter » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:02 pm

-=Dark-Assassin=- wrote: I don't ever remember the ST forums pruning your PMs. I still had ones from since I registered there.
I remember it did. I went into my pm box on the ST forums (when it was still alive) and tried to pull an old link. Came to find out, it was pruned.

The Skulltag Clone theme is just perfect. It matches the theme I use on my pc, too bad it don't have net.. (yet)

If anything, thank (&(&#(% God you fixed the sigs. I kept thinking it was part of the post, and the Qoutes. Now I can stop misreading, or wasting time reading those damn quotes/sigs.

EDIT: Just wondering, was the Skin Subforum idea ignored? Also, why are forum attachements 1kb? It should be more, least to squeeze in a CrashLog if needed, though we can just use the Bug Tracker for that..
Last edited by DevilHunter on Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Torr Samaho
Lead Developer

Post by Torr Samaho » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:33 pm

DevilHunter wrote: Also, why are forum attachements 1kb? It should be more, least to squeeze in a CrashLog if needed, though we can just use the Bug Tracker for that..
Crash logs should only go to the tracker, don't even think about posting them on the forum :P (that's no reason though to limit the forum attachments to 1kb).

Dark-Assassin
Maintenence Crew

Post by Dark-Assassin » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:50 am

I'm not the one who decided to limit the attachments to 1kb, which pretty much disabled it.
Anyway, file hosting sites or your own server would usually be a better place to upload the stuff.
DevilHunter wrote:Just wondering, was the Skin Subforum idea ignored?
Hmm? I don't remember seeing that.

Torr Samaho
Lead Developer

Post by Torr Samaho » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:39 pm

-=Dark-Assassin=- wrote: I'm not the one who decided to limit the attachments to 1kb, which pretty much disabled it.
IMHO a limit of 1kb is ridiculous. If whoever decided this doesn't want the forum to have attachments, the feature should be completely disabled.
-=Dark-Assassin=- wrote: Anyway, file hosting sites or your own server would usually be a better place to upload the stuff.
I think it's preferable if small things would be hosted on the forum. The external links many users use often get invalid within weeks.

Wartorn
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Wartorn » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:01 am

I'm not sure but I don't think anyone with such high level access decided on a 1kb limitation. Attachments were never brought up. It might just be a hard default for registered users.

Springy
Forum Regular

Post by Springy » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:13 pm

I think I've encountered a bug on the forum. If I read everything in a particular section and go back to the index page it is still highlighted as unread even though everything has been read in that section. This started occurring today, not sure if anyone else has this problem.
[quote=Zero X Diamond ]Careful, you don't want to push that Pikachu dude to action. Who knows what unspeakable things lie in store for you? Maybe he'll... send you another nasty tweet![/quote]
[quote=Sonter_Man]Autism runs amok on zandaemon[/quote]

NeuralStunner

Post by NeuralStunner » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:22 pm

It's doing that to me today, as well.
Blzut3 wrote:Only in the Doom community does one find something so obviously broken and then claim it's a feature.

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:50 am

Mark all forums read doesn't work, too.

EDIT: Sorry, I misread. I swear you said it was fixed somewhere.
Last edited by Guest on Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.