[split] I'm Out

Old stuff gets archived here.
capodecima
Banned
Posts: 252
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:07 pm
Location: Czech Republic
Banned: Permanently

RE: [split] I'm Out

#41

Post by capodecima » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:07 pm

Marcaek wrote: capo why are you still here
This is really dumb question. I am here bcz i play doom obvious.
Play more vanilla
odamex.net

Catastrophe
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Posts: 2558
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:44 am

RE: [split] I'm Out

#42

Post by Catastrophe » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:38 pm

Cyber wrote: I still believe it's more of a problem with the people who have gotten in trouble here on zandro, (any skulltag events I consider void) and have continued to cause it as the source of most issues, as some posters here have seen.
What trouble maker? The only one here was the guy who just ban evaded to defend metal, good one.

Edit: Stop derailing the thread, none of you are funny, thank you.
Last edited by Catastrophe on Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Zakken
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Posts: 886
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:32 am
Location: House Ylisse
Clan: Endgame
Clan Tag: [EG]

RE: [split] I'm Out

#43

Post by Zakken » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:40 pm

I wanted to point out that the "you have no idea what this person has gone through!" argument is bogus because if you are allowing feelings to factor into your job, then you're not a good professional, period.
Dynamo wrote:In fact, we DID try to talk to you, many many many times, but all we ended up with was our attempts at reform becoming a running joke among the staff.
I can personally attest to this since I've seen the staff joke about staff reform threads and the like A LOT. Not that I'm against staff members joking around, but it kind of shows their true sentiments toward the matters at hand.
capodecima wrote:Simple this all ppl like Dynamo or HW and all the A3 or MXU could just disappear forever. You guys left your positions. You could also left this community and stop care. LMAO
Dynamo and Kuchi did what they felt was best for what they cared about. Leaving something does not always mean you don't care about it. The true definition of not caring would be doing absolutely nothing to solve a problem. Something more akin to ZDaemon, if you'd like to see it that way. Those two cared enough to have attitude, let go of their positions and inform people about the staff's real faults, in hopes of changing the administration as they knew it, for the better. And for that, they deserve our respect.
Last edited by Zakken on Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
♕RoSK1ng♕ wrote:dastan is too smart for you just stop trying to comprehend water

legion
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Posts: 315
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:36 am

RE: [split] I'm Out

#44

Post by legion » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:10 pm

the number of splits and reports from this thread would have caused a lock in almost any other topic. stop it

please keep discussion relevant to the topic(s) at hand, or at least make an attempt to voice concerns/issues in this topic rather than create a hostile atmosphere

thanks
Image

User avatar
Cyber'
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Posts: 252
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 1:14 am
Location: Colorado
Clan: The Professionals
Clan Tag: <PRO>
Contact:

RE: [split] I'm Out

#45

Post by Cyber' » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:50 pm

Catastrophe wrote:
What trouble maker? The only one here was the guy who just ban evaded to defend metal, good one.
...there was?

And I guess you can say it was a general blanket statement meaning that I'm not really seeing any actual reasoning behind the hate except from events that were stemmed from one person or another getting in trouble with staff. (Ground zero)

But in any case, as I previously said, the rules before metal retired are so soft that it would take a person with a sign over their head that says "I'm trolling the forums / irc" in order to get a ban nowadays. It's way lighter before I retired, so I still don't understand why this is a huge deal unless people want their strict rules back. Metal and crew lightened the load, and infurnus and crew can worry about less things. It's a win win situation that everyone's taking for granted.
Last edited by Cyber' on Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Projects completed : PROCTF, Jump Maze, Tricky ST. RJX.
Progress : RJX2 - Standby... | RJX remastered : Final Detail - 100% Complete!(Wad on TSPG)
Newest Project : Jump Maze X (X2, JMX): Beta (Final phases) - All Layouts done, Finalizing scripts.

I always love these calm moments before the storm...

Dynamo
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Posts: 154
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 5:16 am

RE: [split] I'm Out

#46

Post by Dynamo » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:53 pm

Soul wrote: I wanted to point out that the "you have no idea what this person has gone through!" argument is bogus because if you are allowing feelings to factor into your job, then you're not a good professional, period.
This is something I especially agree with because in the log where we discussed the ban on the BomF guy, well... that was about a week or so after my father had died, and I was pretty pissed off/depressed for obvious reasons, yet I still mantained my reason and decided to investigate the matter instead of dismissing it as "it's just from that clan of troublemakers". If it wasn't for me that guy might've been banned for a year and believe me, I had other things I could've thought of at the time, but as you said a staff member should try to limit his or her emotions in the field. Of course mistakes and outbursts can happen to anyone every once in a while - we aren't robots - but it's when it becomes an habit that there's a problem. And I'm pretty sure whatever any other parties involved were going through at the time, it compares little to the death of a close family member you spend everyday with.

Just a little parenthesis.
Image

Metal
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Posts: 577
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 1:18 am
Location: Canada

RE: [split] I'm Out

#47

Post by Metal » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:54 pm

This is my last reply to this thread, since it's not really my problem anymore and I'm tired of defending myself against a very small group of people who are just fishing for things to complain about on me.
Dynamo wrote: Well... Originally I didn't really want to be involved in something like this, especially since my involvement in this whole thing that has happened wasn't really that big, but I was there I guess, I committed the crime of voicing my opinion so I'll just go through it.
The it's simple, don't get involved. I thought we were all here to play the game and have fun. If everyone did that instead of making a huge deal out of politics on the forums, we wouldn't have any problems. You never PMed me personally to speak about anything, so you're just here to voice your opinion publicly to try and 'shame' me or whatever it is you are trying to do. Not really working, but let's continue.
The first thing I want to address, because you keep coming back to it, is the whole "nobody talks to me" bit. You have been the exact same for years, people have criticized you for the same things for years, and you have not changed at all. You leave when things don't go your way, you are very irrational, hold grudges and put on a false happy face for the people. To talk to you would mean that we would still want you around, in hopes that you would change. In fact, we DID try to talk to you, many many many times, but all we ended up with was our attempts at reform becoming a running joke among the staff. Therefore at this point to talk to you would be entirely defeatist to the cause of getting actual true staff reform. I mean, this is your entire attitude. You are incompetent, knowingly stir the pot, and have to have people do things for you.
So people have criticized the same thing for years because it's all they have HEARD for years. Doesn't mean I didn't change the way I did things, it just means people see what they want to see and use it as an excuse to complain. These are also logs from the private staff channel (Good job on that one). The second log was meant in a joking matter in the public staff channel. Everyone else makes comments, passive aggressive arguments and jokes constantly. The moment I do it, it's plastered all over every irc channel as "LOOK AT HER BEHAVIOUR".

Yeah, I had issues with Water because me and him had a rough argument. If he were to share his opinion on me, would it be pasted against his privilege to be a developer? (Just using this as an example, Water) I don't think so, because it's easier to pin it on someone who's been taking this crap for years. I've been pretty modest up to this point, but I've thought to have been a pretty good admin. The problem is, it's more entertaining for you to pick out mistakes and imperfections, as if every person doesn't have those.
I like how this small group of people who mean fuck all, decide what's good for staff.
So in your view, a developer and other prominent members of the community "mean fuck all" just because they voiced concerns to someone. It's good to know that our contributions are valued I guess, unless we happen to disagree with you, that of course makes us about as useful as a broken fan, and in fact to you makes us comparable to Kilgore for some incomprehensible reason.
That log was actually a while ago, also a joke but I guess it's easy to take out of context. So I'm sorry for that, Dusk. But anyway, how often do you actually play? What makes you such a valued member of this community? What makes you so much better than everyone else that it gives you the right to post here and antagonize every single move I make? Every time I've spoken out on a rough day. My bad, I guess. Silly me for being...What was it again? Oh right, emotional. Hah.
But anyway, after the attempts to talk to you fell on deaf ears, this "small group of people who mean fuck all" (not actually that small as RustK1ng wisely pointed out) we decided to talk to the people who actually host and develop zandronum, and they decided to listen us, instead of shooting down our complaints as "just some guy complaining about his banned friend who creates a staff reform thread in return". I'm sorry if you feel that the ones directly responsible for the existence of zandronum shouldn't be contacted for any reason and that you are able to handle everything and we shouldn't have dared to contact them, but well, what can I say, shit happens?
I'd say it's deaf ears! Not one of you attempted to PM me at all. You guys say you've tried talking to me and I'm seeing absolutely nothing in my logs. And I've had logs since about 200...6? 7 maybe. But yeah, so far it's a pretty small group of people. All the people I've suspected have popped up, there might be one or two more. Pretty small considering a community of 200+ people. Also considering I've had some pretty concerned PM's pop up the past couple of days about all this.
If you don't care anymore, then please I'm curious tell me the next part of your grandiose plan, continuing to make backhanded comments at the ones you deem responsible for getting you to step down just so you can take your revenge or some other outlandish plan like that? Because you know, not that I like constantly bringing up the same thing, but there was a certain person who was warned for "making backhanded comments at the staff", and now look at who is doing it...

You may not like me, or Dusk, or RustK1ng, or who knows how many other people that dared stand in your way. This however is as far as I'm concerned no justification to all the attacks you are doing.
Idgi. What's wrong with that post? It was a general answer to a general question. Had nothing to do with you or anyone related to here. Please stop picking things that I say apart into some sort of diabolical scheme against you. That "Certain person" was much more obvious with the backhanded comments that even everyone else seen it. Staff included. No one actually "got me to step down". I stepped down on my own will. You couldn't force it, nor could you complained enough to make it happen. It more comes down to the question that Water had asked me before. "If someone had asked you, would you step down?" Infurnus asked me to step down to Master server admin, and I just let go from there because of inactivity, drama (Not needed on my end) and simply because I started losing enjoyment in the game because of it. I want you guys to keep spreading those rumors and taking things I say out of context though. It's going well for you.


May I ask what level of psychology you're taking?
Sorry if we took the liberty of judging you. I forgot you were the only one authorized to insult people (behind their backs even) and comparing them to kilgore for reasons that have nothing to do with what happened. Seriously, why don't you spare yourself further embarassment and step out of this thread?
No one should be judged based on their power. Not an admin, not a prime minister, not a president. You're basically saying it's ok for you to sit back and judge me based on the past and a few incidents that have occurred over the 7 years I've been an admin. Also, I'm not embarrassed (Spelled it for you) at all. I have no shame in doing what I did, and I think I did a great job in many fields in this position. So don't play the "embarrassing yourself" card. I know what good I've done here and that's what counts to me.

You ignored a majority of the points made by Dusk's post, and in reality, this is all you do. You selectively pick and choose things to get mad over, even out of context. Try actually addressing the points next time you argue with someone instead of picking out the most subjective things. This quote of yours, "You didn't fix it, because now it's worse than it was." The moment you leave staff, in your mind, apparently it began to suck. If you think there is a problem with "tattling" then something is wrong. And there were MANY things going wrong, but there is so much we could pick from that I'm not even sure where to start. Nonetheless, I think this should suffice: http://pastebin.com/nGRqS2vq . No matter what you say here, the logs and the posts show you are pissed, and this thread proves you are being spiteful and vengeful. But let's go to crazy-hou-lou-mou land for a second and assume you are not pissed. Remember the "Let's Talk" thread? Where you said you'd step down if asked? So why aren't you just going quietly instead of raising a ruckus? If you were in a calm and collected mood when you resigned, none of this should be happening. The fact that it is happening is pure drama, instigated by you. Not entirely unlike something that had been seen before either.
Who said I was getting mad? More assumptions. You people must be psychics...Really bad ones.
After metal stepped down

[10-02-14 04:07:39] <Ruin> I think the staff has been fine.
[10-02-14 04:07:48] <+Metal> it was fine even before i stepped down
[10-02-14 04:07:53] <+Metal> but someone had to go tattle

"staff was fine when I was in charge."
"the moment I stopped being in charge, it began to suck"
"who cares about everyone else, their contributions, their input, their work"
"only I matter"
Pastebins aren't very scary when they're taken out of context. Staff was fine before I stepped down. Staff is fine now. Someone had to go bitch and complain about petty differences and now we're here. THAT is the context of that pastebin, not what you assume, YET AGAIN! I see a pattern.

I addressed pretty much all of the points in Dusks posts. But I think you and I see things in a different way. And that's fine.

I don't think I'm being spiteful or vengeful, but just for kicks let's say I am. Hmm can't even do that because I'm not really pissed or angry about any of this. More annoyed that people are assuming so much without actually trying to PM me or consult me about any of it. So now it all comes out in public so people can use pastebins to try and justify that it's ok to judge one person over and over again over a video game. Kinda lame on your part, tbh.

I would have stepped down calmly if I had not found out that people were trying to spread rumours and false information about me to people who this does not include. I think the whole idea of a group of people getting together to try and 'take down the big bad wolf' was a bad idea and they should have just spoken to me in the first place.


Again, evidence was provided to demonstrate that your track record of administratorship is full of holes. Any time something actually comes up, you falter, and the logs show it. There are better people for this job, and I look forward to supporting infurnus in these new times. For those saying this is a witch hunt, you are quite wrong, it is a truth hunt, and truths are presented. Look at who is the first post, look who is insulting people, look at who is being aggressive. I think the best way to end this drama /you/ started would be by repeating something you made a while ago, probably the only good thing you've ever done
<Metal> Do you what you want
<Metal> I dunno
<Metal> I'm done with this
* Metal has quit ()
That quote is ancient. Has nothing to really do with anything. Moving on.
As for me, I'm just gonna echo what Razgriz, Dusk and others have said: Good riddance.
I'm not going anywhere. I'm still going to be lurking around on the forums, playing the game (Why don't you do that, it might ease that edgy attitude), and chatting on IRC to other people who also like to play this video game.
Samurai wrote:Sorry but give me the staff here compared to the shit we endured in Zdeamon any day.
Just because something is better than something else, doesn't mean it is perfect. I think there's room for improvement, and that's what we tried to do here, nothing more, nothing less. In light of this I don't think the attacks Dusk received were warranted, especially since all he did was explain the truth to the community.
Nothing is perfect. Again with this perfection stuff. You tried nothing, for someone who just tried to pin me on 'talking about people behind their backs', you're awful judgemental towards me. Kinda makes you a hypocrite. But shit happens!

What attacks? Rhetorical question. There we no attacks.

Now... I certainly wouldn't be surprised if the stuff I said was taken out of context, if I was called a crybaby and a traitor, and if I was insulted somewhere outside of this thread. But I would like to say that everything I've done for zandronum, I've done it for its good.
You haven't really done too much. You were a moderator for a while but stated you couldn't get on the forums or anything because of your internet, and when I suggested that you maybe just become an IRC op you declined, stating you wanted to keep your current position on the forums even though you couldn't do anything. I don't really recall you doing a whole lot, to be honest. Not saying it as an insult or an attack here, just an observation.

All aside, I have nothing against you, Dynamo. You were a good friend in the past when me, you, remmi and Eru all hung out a lot and shoot the shit. If your opinion is different than mine, so be it. I came in here to get answers, and finally defend myself because I don't want other people doing it for me. And I don't want to be one of those people with a train of people behind my back to 'cheer' me on or say 'I agree with Metal!'. I want people to think for themselves. The whole point of this is so I could finally get out of you guys what you found to be so bad. It wasn't even really all that bad, imo, and I think I defended myself accordingly. I'm not calling you a prick, I'm not even really attacking any of you. I'm just standing up for what I believe is right, and that's not your right to take that away.

Try and play the game, I'm staying away from the politics and if the staff needs me to help them bust a cheater, I'll be around. Otherwise, I really don't care what goes on here anymore.

As for the rest of the people who replied, sorry I can't really be bothered to quote and discuss any further. Which some of it hasn't really got much to do with anything O_o.

Hopefully see most of you in game.
<EazyDI>harrased me
<EazyDI>and called me a dinner
<EazyDI>n*****
<EazyDI>lmao not dinner

Catastrophe
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Posts: 2558
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:44 am

RE: [split] I'm Out

#48

Post by Catastrophe » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:25 am

Cyber wrote:
Catastrophe wrote:
What trouble maker? The only one here was the guy who just ban evaded to defend metal, good one.
But in any case, as I previously said, the rules before metal retired are so soft that it would take a person with a sign over their head that says "I'm trolling the forums / irc" in order to get a ban nowadays. It's way lighter before I retired, so I still don't understand why this is a huge deal unless people want their strict rules back. Metal and crew lightened the load, and infurnus and crew can worry about less things. It's a win win situation that everyone's taking for granted.
I'm not taking it for granted, the new master server policy is one of the best decisions you guys have ever made. And no, don't tell me that bullshit that the "System was fine the way it was before". Hell NO it wasn't.

User avatar
Cyber'
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Posts: 252
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 1:14 am
Location: Colorado
Clan: The Professionals
Clan Tag: <PRO>
Contact:

RE: [split] I'm Out

#49

Post by Cyber' » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:34 am

Catastrophe wrote:
Cyber wrote:
Catastrophe wrote:
What trouble maker? The only one here was the guy who just ban evaded to defend metal, good one.
But in any case, as I previously said, the rules before metal retired are so soft that it would take a person with a sign over their head that says "I'm trolling the forums / irc" in order to get a ban nowadays. It's way lighter before I retired, so I still don't understand why this is a huge deal unless people want their strict rules back. Metal and crew lightened the load, and infurnus and crew can worry about less things. It's a win win situation that everyone's taking for granted.
I'm not taking it for granted, the new master server policy is one of the best decisions you guys have ever made. And no, don't tell me that bullshit that the "System was fine the way it was before". Hell NO it wasn't.
To the second sentence:

Sorry, I didn't mean it that way.

I meant within the past couple of months (fall/winter) the policy has changed to a lighter feel, compared to back in the day. I agree, the past system was difficult and the current one is doing good. My implication was that because of it, the staff's workload is way lighter than what it used to be.
Projects completed : PROCTF, Jump Maze, Tricky ST. RJX.
Progress : RJX2 - Standby... | RJX remastered : Final Detail - 100% Complete!(Wad on TSPG)
Newest Project : Jump Maze X (X2, JMX): Beta (Final phases) - All Layouts done, Finalizing scripts.

I always love these calm moments before the storm...

Dynamo
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Posts: 154
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 5:16 am

RE: [split] I'm Out

#50

Post by Dynamo » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:00 am

Because nobody wants to assist to an endless argument where no conclusion is reached, I'll just address a few points and then stop bothering the forums:
Then it's simple, don't get involved.
But didn't you want this to happen?
[17:34] <Metal> I wanted this
[17:34] <Metal> http://zandronum.com/forum/showthread.p ... 0#pid58516
[17:34] <Metal> It took me being a complete asswipe to get it out of him, why?
tsk tsk.
I thought we were all here to play the game and have fun. If everyone did that instead of making a huge deal out of politics on the forums, we wouldn't have any problems.
This is an interesting 180 degrees turn in the opposite direction, considering the point earlier seemed to be how despicable of us it was to go to daddy torr and complain. Now we're just meant to enjoy the game and have fun? Well, if you truly mean it this time, sure. I certainly know better than drag this further than necessary. I'm just a little curious why someone who encourages people to play the game, goes out of her way to bait people on the forums while acting like an asswipe (as seen in that quote).
The second log was meant in a joking matter in the public staff channel. Everyone else makes comments, passive aggressive arguments and jokes constantly. The moment I do it, it's plastered all over every irc channel as "LOOK AT HER BEHAVIOUR".
If you think you are the only one who is criticitized I think you seriously need to reconsider your stance. You seem to forget how many threads were started by community members who had it against other members and not against you or even the staff.
The problem is, it's more entertaining for you to pick out mistakes and imperfections, as if every person doesn't have those.
I never said I wanted anyone to be perfect. It's just a matter of frequency.
That log was actually a while ago, also a joke but I guess it's easy to take out of context. So I'm sorry for that, Dusk.

Idgi. What's wrong with that post? It was a general answer to a general question. Had nothing to do with you or anyone related to here. Please stop picking things that I say apart into some sort of diabolical scheme against you.


There is no diabolical scheme against me or no conspiracies involved. My links are pretty clear and all I did was ask a question. But if you say all we should do is play the game and have fun, then that answers it.

Beyond that, I think these will comment by themselves:


a few incidents that have occurred over the 7 years I've been an admin.
Who said I was getting mad? More assumptions. You people must be psychics...Really bad ones.
That quote is ancient. Has nothing to really do with anything. Moving on.




I'm not going anywhere. I'm still going to be lurking around on the forums, playing the game (Why don't you do that, it might ease that edgy attitude), and chatting on IRC to other people who also like to play this video game.
Oh of course, but I only meant in terms of staff positions. I most certainly have nothing against you playing the game.
All aside, I have nothing against you, Dynamo. You were a good friend in the past when me, you, remmi and Eru all hung out a lot and shoot the shit. If your opinion is different than mine, so be it. I came in here to get answers, and finally defend myself because I don't want other people doing it for me. And I don't want to be one of those people with a train of people behind my back to 'cheer' me on or say 'I agree with Metal!'. I want people to think for themselves. The whole point of this is so I could finally get out of you guys what you found to be so bad. It wasn't even really all that bad, imo, and I think I defended myself accordingly. I'm not calling you a prick, I'm not even really attacking any of you. I'm just standing up for what I believe is right, and that's not your right to take that away.

Try and play the game, I'm staying away from the politics and if the staff needs me to help them bust a cheater, I'll be around. Otherwise, I really don't care what goes on here anymore.


I won't personally hold grudges either, I'm not sure if you'll stay true to your word with that but I personally will. I don't really have much against you as a person, I certainly did not approve you as an administrator but as you are no longer one, and you made it clear you have no intention of being one ever again, I have nothing much more to say.









Well except one thing.
Metal wrote:This is my last reply to this thread, since it's not really my problem anymore and I'm tired of defending myself against a very small group of people who are just fishing for things to complain about on me.
You forgot "who mean fuck all" ;)

Cheers.
Last edited by Dynamo on Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
Cyber'
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Posts: 252
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 1:14 am
Location: Colorado
Clan: The Professionals
Clan Tag: <PRO>
Contact:

RE: [split] I'm Out

#51

Post by Cyber' » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:43 am

And while you all are discussing politics us real people are playing proctf with a strong 8 vs 8 public that's been going on for a good two hours. Shame you guys would prefer this over some good pub ctf!!!

EDIT: Sorry cata... :(
Last edited by Cyber' on Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Projects completed : PROCTF, Jump Maze, Tricky ST. RJX.
Progress : RJX2 - Standby... | RJX remastered : Final Detail - 100% Complete!(Wad on TSPG)
Newest Project : Jump Maze X (X2, JMX): Beta (Final phases) - All Layouts done, Finalizing scripts.

I always love these calm moments before the storm...

Catastrophe
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Posts: 2558
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:44 am

RE: [split] I'm Out

#52

Post by Catastrophe » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:53 am

Yeah, good attempt at damage control. Calm down cyber. Don't derail the topic :)
Last edited by Catastrophe on Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum
Posts: 3477
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:12 pm
Location: Shpongleland

RE: [split] I'm Out

#53

Post by Ænima » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:25 pm

It was a pretty awesome server though. There was like a 2:1 ratio of casuals to competitive players.

It was like, the perfect pub CTF.
Image ­ ­
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: Doom64 and Diablo2 had a baby


ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community
Squad Radio: a WASD-powered chat menu, add your own sounds
AeniPuffs: neat blood and puff effects

User avatar
ibm5155
Addicted to Zandronum
Posts: 1640
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:32 pm
Location: Somewhere, over the rainbow

RE: [split] I'm Out

#54

Post by ibm5155 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:37 pm

an admin thread fight :O
Isn't this kind of thread that gets locked? :S, don't feel bad, but I only see big texts and some kind of "text war" :s
Projects
Cursed Maze: DONE, V2.0
Zombie Horde - ZM09 map update: [3/15/13]
Need help with English? Then you've come to the right place!

<this post is proof of "Decline">

Lollipop
Zandrone
Posts: 1123
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:34 am
Location: Denmark

RE: [split] I'm Out

#55

Post by Lollipop » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:48 pm

Now, why does this always happen, just because I take a few days off from the community.... I always come back to a tornado of shit.

Now, I will make this short:
1. Dusk have summed up a lot of things I think are wrong.
2. I agree with Dynamo in every single word so far.
3. No wonder I always found metal scary beyond my own comprehension, never knew she had some kind og passive agressiveness.

Now, here is the longest part of my post:
My expiriences with the staff have learnt me, that if you contact them at all you get a different reply dependant on the person you contact. This seem very logical, and it would be in the way that is the first you think of, but that is not the way I refer to. If you contact an admin, you have to choose wisely, if you have ever had an argument with the person you must rid that person from the list of possibilities, as that person will give you a very biased reply with an underlying tone of fuck yourself, BANANER. So there is no wonder that people contact Torr instead, as they are guanranteed to get a polite, interested and neutral answer.

Now, to end this post here at the current end of the shitnado, I will adress that I agree that there can come change now. I think that our expiriences here have indicated that the current state of affairs have not gone in a favorable way for the community and we need to make some reforms, and in the worst case scenario a democracy. (yes, I just proposed politics in community, if you want to comment on that, either take it to PM or post rationally)
Spoiler: Modding Qualifications (Open)
ACS: If it's of ridiculous scope and of suicide-inducing complexity then it's the thing for me.
DECORATE: I can make more or less any godawful hack I need. Doesn't mean it works, though.
Maps: I only map for testing ACS.
GFX: Not enough time or experience.

If you need help, advice or similar, feel free to send me a PM. ;)
Spoiler: My Current Projects (Open)
> ZMemory
> Various undeveloped ideas. (This one is an immutable fact)
Combinebobnt wrote:i can see the forum league is taking off much better than the ctf ones
GalactusToday at 1:07 PM
are you getting uncomfortable jap
feeling something happen down there

User avatar
Tiger
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Posts: 380
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 6:21 am
Location: United States
Contact:

RE: [split] I'm Out

#56

Post by Tiger » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:24 pm

I am confused as too why this is still going on, why is this public (other than trying to get unwanted attention), why are people bothering 'sharing' _their_ input when the scope of the discussion is by a limited few (do others think they are important?), why does this topic even exist?

Did anyone even bothering reading my post that pretty much implies loosely "Stop it", why is this topic continued to be dragged out? All of this drama is unnecessary and should not have happened in the first place. In a normal day, this topic would have been expeditiously transitioned to a dead archive in the forum and the remains are merely just whispers of history (for those that care to read). I don't understand it, but I give up on the logical sense in this community. Additionally, this community continues to disappoint me.

ugh

Tux
Forum Regular
Posts: 510
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:18 pm
Location: satan's gaping anus
Contact:

RE: [split] I'm Out

#57

Post by Tux » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:27 pm

that's just capo, cheer up
Image
dear diary, tux today was a faggot again[/size]

legion
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Posts: 315
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:36 am

RE: [split] I'm Out

#58

Post by legion » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:35 am

obviously this thread has outlived its purpose, whatever that may have been
Image

Locked