[TSPG] The Sentinel's Playground Server cluster

Old stuff gets archived here.
mifu
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Clan: Demon RiderZ

[TSPG] The Sentinel's Playground Server cluster

Post by mifu » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:08 pm

Brought to you by the Hellspawn in Hellspawn Armada.. Oh and http://allfearthesentinel.net
Oh man it is BACK. And now better then ever! This cluster is mainly dedicated for competitive servers such as DM/CTF etc but it will host some other things in the near future. This cluster is located in Los Angeles, California.

Here is some Server specific information.

Owner: MiFU

Administrators: MP2E, DevilHunter, Affliction (You see him behind the scenes), Tiger, Blitz
Moderators: Qent, Alterzero, Blitz, Jwarrier, RepoMan
The Sentinel's Prophet: Tib, Marcaek

Rules:

1. No Trolling or Aggravating players and staff alike. Respect everyone and everyone shall respect you (Use common sense in other words)

2. Do not affect a players experience ingame in such a negative way by exploiting any bugs, intentionally being a dick to prevent the player/s from playing or cheating. Also note cheating (using hacks) will result in a permanent ban and could also send you packing out of here.

3. Note that no one will get banned for camping, spamming the bfg or using SR50, those are built in functions and you should not be complaining about those.

4. Do not impersonate anyone. This also includes pretending to be in someones clan.

And last but not least: Fear the Sentinel! We will not ban or kick for this, but you will piss Tib off :)

If you are playing on our Priv CTF however,
Spoiler: Rules for Priv (Open)
- Should be 3v3 or 4v4
- Pointlimit should be 5, timelimit 10-15 unless there is universal agreement on a change
- Captains are picked at the beginning, people may cap without randcapping and will get priority over randcaps
- The first 30 seconds should not have randcaps called, anyone who joins in the first 30 seconds or so will override any randcap pick; if one person is up when randcaps is called, the second spot will be filled by the second [map] pick player unless the priv community at that time wants otherwise
- AFK players should star (asterisk *), not starring while frequently going afk will result in a warning and punishment if it continues; when in doubt... star!
- Anything to disrupt gameplay will result in a ban
- ATTEMPT to not shit-talk, but it won't get you banned unless you go overboard; competitive is competitive so anger is not an uncommon emotion and we understand that -- but it is not a valid excuse to go on a full-blown verbal trollraid on the server
- Captains can choose how many people are per team (either 3 or 4)
- Disrupting the captains because you don't like their choice will result in punishment unless the captain does something to disrupt the flow of gameplay
- Spreading the password will result in a ban
- Know CTF first!
- You do not have to cap twice in a row in case randcaps picks you twice
- If no one caps in the first 30 seconds and randcaps is called and you're picked, refusing to cap means you will in turn have to sit that round
- Retarded bind spam has a very low tolerance limit, do it at your own risk
- NO ALIASING
- Anything else I havent covered that violates common sense will be handled on a case by case basis
To obtain the password, you will need to jump on irc in #armada and provide us with you're in-game name and email address. If you are known in the competitive scene or if we feel that you will be able to play in priv CTF, we will give you the pass.

All kicks/bans/mutes etc are all up to the Mod's/Admins and they will determine how long a ban should be for if what you did is severe.

If you guys got any questions or if you want to contest a ban, feel free to join #armada or email me (you can find my email on the servers when looking in the server browser)

If you want to request anything to be hosted however, please post in here.

Thank you!

NOTE: We are currently looking for some Moderators to help us out. If your up for the task then please PM me on the forums stating why you want to help and if you have moderated a server before. Cheers

Also if you like our servers, feel free to donate. It's not easy to keep these up so.

Last edited by mifu on Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

IdeIdoom
Zandrone

RE: [TSPG] The Sentinel's Playground Server cluster

Post by IdeIdoom » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:32 pm

Good to see MP2E back!

Also good luck with this server cluster!
THE ROMANIAN POWERImage

Code: Select all

<+Dastan>	edd
<+Dastan>	boxxy skin when
<+Shift>	dastan you really want to fap at it this much and now you are going crazy and shredding your hair into a million tiny pieces for this boxxy skin to come out that way you can cum out
<+Dastan>	Shift, yes
--------------------------------------------------------------------
21:53:26  <@Estar>	well, if i'd be a girl, i would say ideidoom has ok looks

Lollipop
Zandrone

Post by Lollipop » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:05 pm

I was playing in the match where the screen is from \o/

Good luck with this people, and ALL FEAR THE SENTINEL!
Spoiler: Modding Qualifications (Open)
ACS: If it's of ridiculous scope and of suicide-inducing complexity then it's the thing for me.
DECORATE: I can make more or less any godawful hack I need. Doesn't mean it works, though.
Maps: I only map for testing ACS.
GFX: Not enough time or experience.

If you need help, advice or similar, feel free to send me a PM. ;)
Spoiler: My Current Projects (Open)
> ZMemory
> Various undeveloped ideas. (This one is an immutable fact)
Combinebobnt wrote:i can see the forum league is taking off much better than the ctf ones
GalactusToday at 1:07 PM
are you getting uncomfortable jap
feeling something happen down there

Zakken
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Clan: Power Fragging
Clan Tag: [PF]

Post by Zakken » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:33 am

Good to see you guys are back once again. :3

mifu

Post by mifu » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:51 am

Thanks guys :3

Just a note, later today (hopefully) I will get some ctf servers up and fix some small bugs.

mr fiat
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by mr fiat » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:52 am

Thats odd i do recall posting here, anyways good luck with this!

mifu

Post by mifu » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:39 am

Ok here is a few changes and stuff.

I would like to welcome TheHelten to the team. He is not going to be active much but he will keep an eye out on the servers while hes around.
Ive also changed the TDM servers to Deathmatch. If you guys want a game of TDM, you can ask an administrator/mod in #armada to change this setting for you and it will be done. Will be reverted back after the server dies.

NOTE: We seem to be having speed issues with getwad and http download for wads.allfearthesentinel.net. Slow speeds are occurring and we do not know why. Will update this thread soon regarding it if we can fix it, but for now if you do not have any wads we host and the download speed is shit for you then please download from other sources to speed up the process until we can figure out whats going on. Thank you.
Last edited by mifu on Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Combinebobnt

Post by Combinebobnt » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:54 am

cool to see a new server cluster hosting random dm wads

mifu

Post by mifu » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:00 am

UPDATE: Looks like the issue has stopped so it should be fine. Feel free to use wads.allfearthesentinel.net to obtain your wads. If you do have issues or if it is slow, jump on #armada and we will see whats happening.

Also remember that we are looking for Moderators to help out with this cluster.

So yea thats it for now. Stay classy and All Fear the Sentinel!!!!!

Strych6
Forum Regular

Post by Strych6 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:20 am

Marvelous addition, thanks to all responsible. Feels like its been years since there were west-coast competitive servers. Often there are DMflag quandaries, but it's a matter of varied preference

mifu

Post by mifu » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:28 am

Strych6 wrote: Marvelous addition, thanks to all responsible. Feels like its been years since there were west-coast competitive servers. Often there are DMflag quandaries, but it's a matter of varied preference
Hey man, on behalf of the team, you're welcome.

Also if there is any issues with DMFlags and what not, feel free to provide some feedback. We want to make sure you guys have fun!

Strych6
Forum Regular

Post by Strych6 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:41 am

I'm loyal to the flags of +Funcrusher and Grandvoid, generally speaking of course. But It's all good news either way

Jwarrier
Forum Regular
Clan: UniDoom
Clan Tag: [UD]

Post by Jwarrier » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:35 pm

West coast servers!!!! We need a duel32 server, a TDMax TDM server, and a idl map ctf server. You may think about adding your own priv, and clan scrim servers too. I love the ping, the server seems stable from what i've played but the competitive maps that get people playing day in and out are left out of your server selection. I do love the variety you are supplying though! Thanks!

mifu

Post by mifu » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:36 pm

Jwarrier wrote: West coast servers!!!! We need a duel32 server, a TDMax TDM server, and a idl map ctf server. You may think about adding your own priv, and clan scrim servers too. I love the ping, the server seems stable from what i've played but the competitive maps that get people playing day in and out are left out of your server selection. I do love the variety you are supplying though! Thanks!
Coming soon my friend.. coming soon :D

Jwarrier
Forum Regular
Clan: UniDoom
Clan Tag: [UD]

Post by Jwarrier » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:42 pm

Oh i forgot to mention some of your CTF servers currently have map vote off. It would be nice to have that feature on.

mifu

Post by mifu » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:43 pm

Jwarrier wrote: Oh i forgot to mention some of your CTF servers currently have map vote off. It would be nice to have that feature on.
Hmm. I thought changemap vote is the same thing except intermission. But I can enable that, it's a simple change which I'll do later.
Last edited by mifu on Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hammerfest-
Forum Regular
Clan: A3.33333333333333333
Clan Tag: A3.33333333

Post by Hammerfest- » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:36 am

Well now, I haven't seen the Playground in years! I'm surprised it managed to make a comeback after its 3~5 years its been dormant. Best of luck from yours truly, and get some survival .wads up just like the good old days.
Swift as a breeze, fierce as a gale.

mifu

Post by mifu » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:13 am

Hammerfest- wrote: Well now, I haven't seen the Playground in years! I'm surprised it managed to make a comeback after its 3~5 years its been dormant. Best of luck from yours truly, and get some survival .wads up just like the good old days.
Thanks man! :D. I might get some up, but I do not know yet.

Also a few changes and stuff.

Id like to welcome alter-zero and Blitz to the staff. Alter Zero is going to be busy but will look after servers while around. Blitz will be around a lot however so... yea.

Added Duel 32 and IDL CTF so far
Also fixed a few dmflags on IDL and Duel32.
neodm was missing skulltag_data so I fixed that
Enabled vote map (though changemap was enabled already)
And i am about to see whats wrong with pyewad and why it wont allow you to switch weapons.

Thats it for now. Stay classy and All fear the Sentinel!

DevilHunter
Zandronum Tester

Post by DevilHunter » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:45 pm

Seems that vwep.wad, (which makes it to where you see what Weapon the other player has) is the root of the Problem of the Switching Weapons. I removed it, problem solved.. Need to check every server, as when I made the .sh files, it was included.

Anyhow, Glad to see people like the servers. Go ahead and jump on :p

Blasphyx

Post by Blasphyx » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:49 am

I think fearing the sentinel should be enforced.