Brutal Doom author encourages suicide, discuss

Old stuff gets archived here.
Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

RE: Brutal Doom author encourages suicide, discuss

Post by Ænima » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:09 am

Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote: It was really stupid of my part thinking that anyone else here should be open minded and take these jokes without getting mad at me.
Being offended and angered at someone's behavior does not make us closed-minded. Everyone has the right to be offended by something, whether you think it's justifiable based on what you said or not. Infact, being motivated to speak out against something (an annoyance, a perceived injustice, etc) is an integral part of free thought, and is infact further proof that we are open-minded.
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

SyKoTiC
Forum Regular

Post by SyKoTiC » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:10 am

XCOPY wrote:so what?
Do you not see the stupidness of himself and all the dumbness he caused with one little pissy fit? I mean really. Its disgusting how low of a joke like that is when it should be taken seriously and not as a joke at all. An apology isn't even fit enough to be supplied to this, a sever spanking in the butt with a belt is in order.
Last edited by SyKoTiC on Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Being part of this DooM/Port madness since 2006
It's No Use!

TheMightyHeracross
Forum Regular

Post by TheMightyHeracross » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:12 am

XCOPY wrote: You people asked him to apologize, he did it. He recognize that his dark humour was used in a wrong context and shouldn't be used with people who doesn't know him. Binary is alive and well. So what?
This.
All that, and now you guys only seem angrier because you say that he fakes apologies, or takes resources from people, then spits on them, or is only trying to not be banned.
I don't get it. ???
Last edited by TheMightyHeracross on Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE MIGHTY HERACROSS

Ijon Tichy
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by Ijon Tichy » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:13 am

XCOPY wrote: You people asked him to apologize, he did it. He recognize that his dark humour was used in a wrong context and shouldn't be used with people who doesn't know him. Binary is alive and well. So what?
Now he has to actually prove that this 'apology' is sincere by not doing this shit again.

Given the track record I'm seeing, I'm not optimistic.
Last edited by Ijon Tichy on Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

esselfortium
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by esselfortium » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:14 am

"It was really stupid of my part thinking that anyone else here should be open minded" isn't an apology, it's an insult.

Beyond that, much of his behavior (both in the recent suicide-encouragement posts and elsewhere) really doesn't fall under the umbrella of misunderstood offensive jokes. Was Mark only making funney-joke when he linked instructions on committing suicide and reiterated that he was completely serious? Is he joking when he whines about how butthurt and jealous people who've criticized him or his mods are? I do think he's joking when he tries to pass off his crude and self-centered behavior as jokes that went over our heads, but only then.

More to the point, I don't think anyone is interested in an apology just for the sake of hearing one. Apologizing for something means you won't do it again. Mark has "apologized" similarly before, and then a few weeks or months later (or immediately) gone back to the exact same behavior and telling everyone to fuck off if they don't like it.

Anyone can say they're sorry for something; it takes a mature adult to actually act on it.
Last edited by esselfortium on Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hammerfest-
Forum Regular
Clan: A3.33333333333333333
Clan Tag: A3.33333333

Post by Hammerfest- » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:15 am

TheMightyHeracross wrote:
This.
All that, and now you guys only seem angrier because you say that he fakes apologies, who takes resources from people, then spits on them, or is only trying to not be banned.
I don't get it. ???
Just because Ash Ketchum listens to some random pokemon doesn't mean that others follow suit.

Our mothers taught us not to listen to wild pokemon unlike Ash's mother.
Swift as a breeze, fierce as a gale.

Sergeant_Mark_IV

Post by Sergeant_Mark_IV » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:24 am

Ænima wrote: Being offended and angered at someone's behavior does not make us closed-minded. Everyone has the right to be offended by something, whether you think it's justifiable based on what you said or not. Infact, being motivated to speak out against something (an annoyance, a perceived injustice, etc) is an integral part of free thought, and is infact further proof that we are open-minded.
But there is some difference between a boy that likes killing ants on his backyard with a magnifier an man that murdered a pregnant woman with a knife, opened her chest, took out the fetus, and raped in, in the middle of a park, with children and elderly watching it. Both are sadistic acts, but you guys seems unable to see a difference between the density of them, and you would put both of them in the electric chair. This inability, yes, makes you close-minded from my point of view. I am not saying that this is a weakness, I am less oversensitive about some stuff that you get more easily offended, it only means that you have a different culture than I have, and I was wrong by forcing mine into yours.
esselfortium wrote: Apologizing for something means you won't do it again. Mark has "apologized" similarly before, and then a few weeks or months later (or immediately) gone back to the exact same behavior and telling everyone to fuck off if they don't like it.
How? I told that I was never going to mention the N-word again, didn't I told?
esselfortium wrote: Not looking down on the rest of the community with visible disdain would probably be a healthy start
Guys, I am so sorry. Stalin and Hitler probably had sex, and I am the result of their terrible orgy of evil. I am evil incarnate, and I promise to kill myself as soon as I get the chance for everything I brought to this community.

Good enough?
Last edited by Sergeant_Mark_IV on Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

esselfortium

Post by esselfortium » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:28 am

Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:
esselfortium wrote: Not looking down on the rest of the community with visible disdain would probably be a healthy start
Guys, I am so sorry. Stalin and Hitler probably had sex, and I am the result of their terrible orgy of evil. I am evil incarnate, and I promise to kill myself as soon as I get the chance for everything I brought to this community.

Good enough?
Dude, just stop acting like an asshole. It's really easy. Assuming you're not, like, a sociopath or something.

TheMightyHeracross
Forum Regular

Post by TheMightyHeracross » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:29 am

@Hammerfest: I wasn't trying to tell everyone to "change your minds, NOW". I simply didn't get it, I actually wasn't aware of any previous incidents involving SM4, besides releasing Real Gore, which I didn't even think was that serious.
That's assuming the "Pokemon" was me, because of my username.
Although I am starting to see what you mean since SM4 is STILL making suicide jokes, like the post above me. :neutral:
Two posts above me, that is.
EDIT: Is Doomguy2K that BrutalDoomSucks guy?
Or part of the group, if it's not just one person?
Last edited by TheMightyHeracross on Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE MIGHTY HERACROSS

darkhaven3
New User

Post by darkhaven3 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:29 am

Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote: But there is some difference between whatever bullshit I'm prattling on about and whatever valid logical point you're making.
you know, I don't post often on here, but I have to wonder aloud how Captain_Zimbabwe_∞ up there keeps his job with Interceptor after repeatedly making an ass of himself like this where everyone can see it. Does having a seemingly endless legion of apologists posting on internet forums on your behalf despite your equally-endless fuckups count on a resume these days?

No seriously Mark, get off your skyscraper-sized high-horse for five fucking minutes and realize you're wrong, stop blaming everyone else and acting like a passive-aggressive BANANER
Last edited by darkhaven3 on Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Doomguy 2000
New User

Post by Doomguy 2000 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:29 am

Let's recap his recent defense of his behavior shall we?
Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote: lmao! You guys seem to really love talking about me. What's next? A paparazzi taking pics of me everywhere I go?
Doomguy 2000 wrote:and now possibility a sexist with a YouTube comment of his I found months ago when I was bored reading video comments to discover what he thought of it
And, just for the record, yes, I am strongly against modern feminism, and this is no joke, and neither a secret to anyone.
Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote: When the stuff with the Real Gore and the racist joke started, I got really upset, like if there was a whole conspiracy trying to bring down Brutal Doom, but now, I just don't care anymore. Now, I am starting to enjoy seeing these people making a storm in a tea-kettle. I do not seek attention, you guys just give way too much importance for way too little stuff that I do. You guys should just forget me, because if you are trying to make me feel bad with such discussions, yeah, you are going to make me feel bad, but bad in a different way, bad like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlwRNCnsbUg

But, that's ok. I'm gonna stop with the jokes before this sugar-coated community start a petition in avaaz to ban me from Zdoom, Zandronum, and Doomworld forums. I promise that from now I will not make any more posts in anything non-doom related :v:

Hypnotoad wrote: You're just fueling the fire. Probably best you either apologize or leave.

Apologize for telling a feminist extremist to go to the kitchen? No way. I would rather shoot myself in the he-... WHOPS, sorry, I forgot, no more suicidal jokes, I know. I'm really sorry guys. :lol:
In those two posts above he tries to act tough, then in the following post he makes decides to apologize, without reading the so called 5 pages of posts that he missed out and were supposed to buy this kind of apology? How do we know he's not going to act like this again given the track record he currently has?
Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote: There's no way that I am going to read 5 pages of random stuff. So, I will be quick:

I am still a bit concerned about consequences that this whole thing can bring to me. If I get banned from the Doom community, Brutal Doom can survive on it's own (not even I could stop it if I wanted), but my other projects can't. I need technical knowledge that the Brutal Doom fanbase can't provide, and I depend on the community for this. So, I decided to apologize.

I am sorry.
Racist, homophobic, misogynist, suicidal, religious, and other kind of dark humor jokes are very common among my social groups, there are blacks, gays, Christians, former suicidal guys, and women on these groups that can take these jokes without getting offended because they have been close to me time enough to know when I am joking and when I am not, and I should not expect the same with internet people who have never meet me personally. It was really stupid of my part thinking that anyone else here should be open minded and take these jokes without getting mad at me. I should have known this since the beginning. I have been lurking imageboards for too many years and maybe I forgot that not everyone in the internet is obliged to swallow my actions. I realize that not everyone is ready to know my true self, and there are things that I should keep to myself. I do this all the time on my job, and next to the some not-so-close family members, and it won't be hard to do the same here if I start trying.

This is my last "big stunt". I promise. Now, can we all get along?
In this last post I am going to quote, he says are "you are free to interpret this apology how you want." Hopefully this time he's actually going to be serious in not acting like this anymore.
Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:

I already told the reasons why I do the jokes, and promised to don't do it anymore. You are free to interpret this apology how you want.
The way I see it, he's just making excuses for his behavior, then again I could be proven wrong.

XCOPY

Post by XCOPY » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:36 am

esselfortium wrote: Mark has "apologized" similarly before, and then a few weeks or months later (or immediately) gone back to the exact same behavior and telling everyone to fuck off if they don't like it.

Anyone can say they're sorry for something; it takes a mature adult to actually act on it.
I don't think that provocating someone who apologized about his action is in any way right, too, since it just contributes to the "apologizer" go thinking "!@#$ everyone, I'm done with them". That way, he might not repeat that specific action anymore but the "apologizer" will be pissed off with something else instead and go on "rampage" again, but under a different reason. Just saying, though.

So my suggestion is, move on.
----===|SOUTH AMERICA RULES|===----

darkhaven3
New User

Post by darkhaven3 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:41 am

XCOPY wrote:guys captain zimbabwe apologized by basically calling us all oversensitive pricks and blaming us for everything, it's all over already!!!! everyone just MOVE ON!!!!
So what the fuck are you talking about, anyway?

infurnus
Clan: Unidoom
Clan Tag: UD

Post by infurnus » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:44 am

Emphasis mine.
Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote: It was really stupid of my part thinking that anyone else here should be open minded and take these jokes without getting mad at me. I should have known this since the beginning.
[...]
I realize that not everyone is ready to know my true self, and there are things that I should keep to myself. I do this all the time on my job, and next to the some not-so-close family members, and it won't be hard to do the same here if I start trying.

This is my last "big stunt". I promise. Now, can we all get along?
Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:

I already told the reasons why I do the jokes, and promised to don't do it anymore. You are free to interpret this apology how you want.
Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:
infurnus wrote:
Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote: You are free to interpret this apology how you want.
I don't know how anyone could ever make an apology that is "up to interpretation" and expect to be taken seriously.
Decay wrote: So, in a nutshell, a summary.

[...] this was the most insincere apology I've ever read. You are not sorry, at this point you are just hoping not to be banned because you cannot do everything yourself, and you rely on others (that you still spit on anyway). Nobody should take this "apology" to heart.

I repeat: I explained why I do the jokes. I learned why I shouldn't make them anymore. These are my apologies. What else should I do?
esselfortium wrote: Anyone can say they're sorry for something; it takes a mature adult to actually act on it.
Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote: But there is some difference between a boy that likes killing ants on his backyard with a magnifier an man that murdered a pregnant woman with a knife, opened her chest, took out the fetus, and raped in, in the middle of a park, with children and elderly watching it. Both are sadistic acts, but you guys seems unable to see a difference between the density of them, and you would put both of them in the electric chair. This inability, yes, makes you close-minded from my point of view. I am not saying that this is a weakness, I am less oversensitive about some stuff that you get more easily offended, it only means that you have a different culture than I have, and I was wrong by forcing mine into yours.

[...]

Good enough?
No. Not good enough.
XCOPY wrote:
esselfortium wrote: Mark has "apologized" similarly before, and then a few weeks or months later (or immediately) gone back to the exact same behavior and telling everyone to fuck off if they don't like it.

I don't think that provocating someone who apologized about his action is in any way right, too, since it just contributes to the "apologizer" go thinking "!@#$ everyone, I'm done with them". That way, he might not repeat that specific action anymore but the "apologizer" will be pissed off with something else instead and go on "rampage" again, but under a different reason. Just saying, though.

I agree.

It seems Sgt. Mark has already made up his mind.

Image Image Image

Zakken
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Clan: Power Fragging
Clan Tag: [PF]

Post by Zakken » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:45 am

XCOPY wrote:

I hope you realize that was hardly a provocation at all, but rather stating previous facts and mentioning a relevant saying as means of recommendation.