Brutal Doom author encourages suicide, discuss

Old stuff gets archived here.
TheMightyHeracross
Forum Regular

RE: Brutal Doom V018

Post by TheMightyHeracross » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:29 am

OH NO, NOT THIS AGAIN!
Come on dude, I thought whole SGMARKIV IS EVIL thing was over.
THE MIGHTY HERACROSS

TheMightyHeracross
Forum Regular

Post by TheMightyHeracross » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:36 am

...really?
He was being sarcastic. While I do think that it was sorta messed up that he said that (referring to the suicide bag comment), I'm not boycotting all of his .wads/.pk3s for it, because really, it has nothing to do with Brutal Doom.
And after all, we still play Harris levels, don't we? (Not that it's anywhere near Cacoward material, but still)
EDIT: This is probably a fresh story for that BrutalDoomSucks guy on Youtube.
Last edited by TheMightyHeracross on Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE MIGHTY HERACROSS

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:41 am

That's fucking disgusting.

There's a difference between "joking" and "kinda hoping they actually kill themselves". To me, it sounds like Mark was doing the latter. Even IF you suspect someone is trolling, you don't encourage suicide. This isn't fucking 4chan. Grow the fuck up.

If it sounds like my jimmies are rustled, they are. Suicide is a quite a significant topic in my life. Junior year of high school, one of my close friends blew his brains out. Great guy, volunteer fireman, fun to smoke with, hot girlfriend, everything. Nobody knew he was depressed.
TheMightyHeracross wrote: ...really?
He was being sarcastic.
1.) That doesn't justify it.
2.) How do you know?
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

TheMightyHeracross
Forum Regular

Post by TheMightyHeracross » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:44 am

Aenima: I meant about the "worse than Hitler comment"
In no way at all do I think his actions are justified in any way.
I just mean that we shouldn't just boycott it for that.
Decay: Meh, I got that impression from those Youtube videos that are up, so I dunno.
Last edited by TheMightyHeracross on Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE MIGHTY HERACROSS

TUQfuture
New User

Post by TUQfuture » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:52 am

OFFTOPIC:Poor Binary, I know how he feels,even if is sarcasm is too much, a lot of young people comit suicide, (Binary, if you read this, I can talk with you, I like to help people) if you can create a whole game, it doesnt matter if you are a bad person (Sarge, I'm not calling you anything, dont worry) I know some guys that makes things for games but they usually are... "too bad to exist"(the guys, not the game)

The new meelee system seems pretty cool, I cant wait to try it!!

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:58 am

TheMightyHeracross wrote: In no way at all do I think his actions are justified in any way.
I just mean that we shouldn't just boycott it for that.
I never said anything about boycotting BD. (I don't even play it to begin with...) And I don't care if other people still play it. That's their choice, they're free to like what they like. Hell, I still listen to Charles Manson's music and look what he did!

It's true that the recent drama is not relevant to the mod. But it IS a question of character. Do we really want somebody who acts like this (repeatedly, mind you), with an overgrown ego ("YOU'RE ALL JUST JEALOUS") to remain in our the Doom community and continue to cause shit?

Granted, I don't think he'll be permabanned from ZDoom this time, but it pretty much seems inevitable that it will happen in the future if his pattern of behavior remains unchanged.
Last edited by Ænima on Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

ZandroSkins

Catastrophe
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Catastrophe » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:03 am

Our community? All of the stupid stuff he's done has been over at Zdoom -not- Zandronum. He already got punished over in Zdoom, just leave him.

Hell, I'd even bet these guys set him up and he was retarded enough to fall for it.

Danzoa
Banned
Banned: Permanently

Post by Danzoa » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:19 am

Guys, don't go Off-Topic like on ZDoom alright? I'm already sickened enough by the fact that that thread was derailed so badly, BY AN ENTIRE COMMUNITY, don't do the same here.

Doomguy 2000
New User

Post by Doomguy 2000 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:42 am

I know this is already off topic as demonstrated on the ZDoom forums before the Brutal Doom thread was locked. What is so defensible about his recent behavior? First there was the controversy of the real gore, racism, encouraging suicide, and now possibility a sexist with a YouTube comment of his I found months ago when I was bored reading video comments to discover what he thought of it.

If you want to read and the comment for yourselves, just find his YouTube name and the comment will be there on this Gamer Girl Manifesto video.
Ænima wrote: It's true that the recent drama is not relevant to the mod. But it IS a question of character. Do we really want somebody who acts like this (repeatedly, mind you), with an overgrown ego ("YOU'RE ALL JUST JEALOUS") to remain in our the Doom community and continue to cause shit?

Granted, I don't think he'll be permabanned from ZDoom this time, but it pretty much seems inevitable that it will happen in the future if his pattern of behavior remains unchanged.
I have to agree with this quote by Ænima. Why would want somebody this awful in our community? Of course Mark will still be a member regardless of what happens with this recent drama. He could be banned if he continues this kind of behavior. As usual we still have fanboys of his denying the truth doing their absolute best by defending his actions.
Last edited by Doomguy 2000 on Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Qent

RE: Brutal Doom author encourages suicide, discuss

Post by Qent » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:51 am

Split because this is not about Brutal Doom. Continue discussion about [SEE NEW THREAD TITLE] here.
Last edited by Qent on Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:57 am

Doomguy 2000 wrote:[snip]
The Ranger - New class for HeXen.
ZDoom Wars - I drew some pictures.
Samsara - Some class-based mod I guess?
Metroid: Dreadnought - I am a dumb fanboy.
DemonSteele - ~come with me to anime world~

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:26 am

"Mrs. Smith, after going through your son's hard drive and browser history, it appears your son intentionally suffocated himself because someone named "Sergeant Mark" told him to, and even instructed him on how to build a suffocation-bag and how to purchase helium on eBay."
--the police

Just some highlights from the thread in question:
Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote: The boy is just asking for a solution, and I am giving him a Final Solution. Nobody said that all solutions should be pretty.
Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:
the Zombie Killer wrote: I wouldn't really call THAT a solution...
Why not? If he is not trolling, and actually telling the truth, then his life must be shit, and not worth living. I would not want to live without any friends, girlfriend, and with a bad mother. I would rather die. Let's just ease his pain ^^
Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:
Binary wrote: Do you sell [a suicide bag]?
You don't buy one, you build one.
You can find a plastic bag anywhere, you just need some money to get the helium gas.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=He ... s&_sacat=0

Mark, if Binary was "trolling", why did you go so far as to tell him how to do it? That right there shows intent. I don't know about Brazil, but in the US, being convicted of assisted suicide can land you some serious prison time and a court would probably try to tack on manslaughter as well.

ZandroSkins

Combinebobnt

Post by Combinebobnt » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:08 am

Ah so this must be why the recent versions of BD slacked in comparison to the older ones

Spottswoode
Forum Regular

Post by Spottswoode » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:26 am

Ænima wrote: "Mrs. Smith, after going through your son's hard drive and browser history, it appears your son intentionally suffocated himself because someone named "Sergeant Mark" told him to, and even instructed him on how to build a suffocation-bag and how to purchase helium on eBay."
--the police

Mark, if Binary was "trolling", why did you go so far as to tell him how to do it? That right there shows intent. I don't know about Brazil, but in the US, being convicted of assisted suicide can land you some serious prison time and a court would probably try to tack on manslaughter as well.
I'll avert the legal argument here as it is generally dependent jurisdiction whether or not those two crimes fit the above description. It's also moot unless the kid actually kills himself. (Last online yesterday. Keep track of that.) I will say if this was a joke, Mark, it was done in very poor taste and very irresponsible. Suicidal ideation is not a laughing matter.
Decay wrote: No, no we don't.
I do. I don't buy into the "evil people shouldn't ever have their works put on display" argument. Then again, I'm a criminologist.
Last edited by Spottswoode on Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dirge
(Killed, for now)

The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.

IdeIdoom
Zandrone

Post by IdeIdoom » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:12 am

Another "I want to kill myself, my life is shit" thread? God damn it.
But in all seriousness, why, in god's name, assist a suicide which in any way wouldn't help the suffering victim? He will go to hell if he did that, why not comfort him? If he's dead, well, that custom title would be true. Even if it was a seek for attention or a troll post, you shouldn't have done that.
I dunno what to say anymore. It feels wrong.
THE ROMANIAN POWERImage

Code: Select all

<+Dastan>	edd
<+Dastan>	boxxy skin when
<+Shift>	dastan you really want to fap at it this much and now you are going crazy and shredding your hair into a million tiny pieces for this boxxy skin to come out that way you can cum out
<+Dastan>	Shift, yes
--------------------------------------------------------------------
21:53:26  <@Estar>	well, if i'd be a girl, i would say ideidoom has ok looks

darkstar64
Forum Regular

Post by darkstar64 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:35 am

What bothers is me is that someone with suicidal thoughts is publicly asking the internet for help, which is the worst place you can ask for something this serious. That's just inviting the world into your private matters and Sarge took advantage of that, and I'm sure that didn't help the OP, if anything it would have made him more depressed.

So, the OP should go see a counselor instead. If anything, telling everyone you wanna kill yourself online just seems like a desperate attempt to get attention, but it seems that Sarge stole the spotlight.
Hypnotoad wrote:
That's a pony? I pegged him for some kind of skunk furry.

legion

Post by legion » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:55 am

observing internet behavior for awhile now has led me to the conclusion that people will say things normally considered outrageous merely to provoke a reaction

this is nothing new

in the future it is probably best to ignore such behaviors
Last edited by legion on Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

SyKoTiC
Forum Regular

Post by SyKoTiC » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:00 am

I can say a lot about this, but i won't.
But I never liked the mod if thats any thing related to this.

But this guy does have a few chromosomes missing. Plus he is on the internet, which is where words go no where.
Last edited by SyKoTiC on Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Being part of this DooM/Port madness since 2006
It's No Use!

Obsidian

Post by Obsidian » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:36 am

The long and short of it is that people say dumb shit. Not everything that falls out of our brains is smart and occasionally it makes it's way to the internet. Heck, I used do it - fortunately that was on a forum that held regular cleanups and is now on completely different software. :P He's been warned, it's already happened - my advice is to just forget it.

@SyKoTiC I think I recognize your avatar. Heh. 0_o

CloudFlash
Zandrone

Post by CloudFlash » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:50 am

I like how noone wants to admit that he used 'kill yourself' sarcasticaly at least once.
Seriously, this man just asked another guy to do something as fatal as suiciding. It's almost a win-win situation. If kid understands that he is sarcastic and he has to deal with his problems by himself, then he can change his ways and he has a big chance in winning the situation. And if he doesn't recognise bad advice when he reads those words and actualy follows them, then that means he would listen to someone else telling him to murder his parents, and I don't think society as a whole would miss such person that much.
Last edited by CloudFlash on Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
https://i.imgflip.com/i5tpe.jpg
*Hey, who wants to hear my solution to the modern world's problems? ^Me! %Me! @Me! #Me! *WELL TOO BAD @Did he just stab himself with this butcher knife? %Looks like it ^Hey, the pizza guy arrived! %Pizza! Yey