The Doom community 2013

Old stuff gets archived here.
Samurai
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Clan: Lost Faction
Clan Tag: [LF]

The Doom community 2013

Post by Samurai » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:59 pm

Hello. I don't usually write long winded posts, as it's not usually something I like, or have time to do. However after recent current events I feel I need to vent my 'fustration' if you will.

I joined the doom community at the start of 2007, back when ZDaemon was in it's prime. Back then the community was like you expect in any place, had a few idiots and what not, but the percentage of it was decent enough, and well lets say it wasn't the type of community that would want to drive you out. However nowadays Zanzan is for the main half, pretty fucked up ... and that is saying it polietly.

* Firstly, being insecure is a perfectly normal thing. It is common with many people today, especially around the internet. There are ways to boost your confidence, although some (at last count there have been 6) people in this community turn to gender faking. I'm sorry but what kind of fucked up deranged wierdo decides to fake their gender in DOOM for christ sake. If you want to go around with your own fucked up trans-gender fantasies the please join match.com or some shit. Surely some of you guys have higher standards than to fake your gender in hope of hooking up with a guy from the doom community (you know who you are :)).

13:05
phpBB [video]
The [video] tag is deprecated, please use the [media] tag
* Bronies and Furries. I'll keep this short and sweet since most people know my stance on this. If you really want to go around talking about fucking lizards and what not, please do it in private. I'm sorry but i'm sick of stumbling on conversations such as :
<Yellowtail>1) You'll have to ask Free. If he lets you back in, you'll have to get yourself yiffed by every current member (except bruiserdemon, as he's not bi/gay). 2) There are programs where you can have someone watch your monitor from theirs.
<Espio>1( shit... and 2( I know of one.. but he can only see if I allow him through my laptop
when I simply just want to chat about doom or general conversation (yes this chat was actually in #coop of all places).

Please, I would like to hear what the community thinks (although I'm pretty sure what the response will be like), fire away!
Last edited by Samurai on Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Code: Select all

00:11  <Jarin_cz>	i am pretty sure i have more doom friends than you

Dusk
Developer

RE: The Doom community 2013

Post by Dusk » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:08 am

I think the main problem is that people don't really play online Doom anymore aside from the mods and lurk the forums/IRC instead all the time, and this is what you get as a result. Public games should get resurrected though we all know how well that has gone over before. You don't fix anything only by complaining about it though.

Qent
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Qent » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:14 am

Samurai wrote: * Bronies and Furries. I'll keep this short and sweet since most people know my stance on this. If you really want to go around talking about fucking lizards and what not, please do it in private. I'm sorry but i'm sick of stumbling on conversations such as :
<Yellowtail>1) You'll have to ask Free. If he lets you back in, you'll have to get yourself yiffed by every current member (except bruiserdemon, as he's not bi/gay). 2) There are programs where you can have someone watch your monitor from theirs.
<Espio>1( shit... and 2( I know of one.. but he can only see if I allow him through my laptop
when I simply just want to chat about doom or general conversation (yes this chat was actually in #coop of all places).
Um... that was in private. You're the one who posted it in #coop.

katZune
Forum Regular

Post by katZune » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:15 am

inb4 get trashed of drama, that is what HAPPENS ALMOST ALL THE TIME, sadly i agree with you, the community is full of Bronies/furry/animes, HEY, i don't hate them or i'm racist toward them, only when they are annoying with that, most of them are sweet persons but sadly not all.

One thing i wanted to post long time ago is what is the kiddish part of community doom? the "aow/zh/gvh etc part" or the "competetive side"? i have been in both and i think is the most is competitive side, why? they tease there because of "jajja xdxdxd" or "taco taco burrito etc"most of them don't talk english so dont expect "hahahaha lololo lmao rofl" (actually is the same thing) the zh/gvh/etc community isn't racist, they don't flame you just by a error and is not full of guys that like to make drama, maybe they dont know how to talk english but if you don't know some thing they try to help you, but if those were competetive side the would to do this:

hey guys this dude don't know how to use RL, hahah lmao, lets get in TS3 and laugh of him, later lets flame him making a video/message, lmao hahah

so, what is the most kiddish part? just a thing, i don't say all from that side act like kids or are morons, they are nice people, who try to help you or have a good chat, not laughing of you for any error you do, but as i said there still good people
Last edited by katZune on Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whitout a good PC ATM, i will back when 2.0 come out, :)
Spoiler: The True (Open)
Ijon Tichy wrote:
Catastrophe wrote: Banned on grandvoid for trolling Zombie Horde and all out war (blocking, destroying my own base, etc)
Kicked from El Zoido's all out war for nuking our teams base
Kicked again from el Zoido's server for fucking up the warfactory so bad that mechs couldn't spawn anymore
I see no offenses here

only justice

Ru5tK1ng
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by Ru5tK1ng » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:17 am

While it is not really possible to completely remove and purge this community of these types of disturbed individuals since they really aren't breaking any rules, I do think the drama they stir should be bases for some sort of removal. Whenever unnecessary trouble gets started, they should be chased out of here and not be given a measly one week ban. That's how we did it at ZD and it worked out fine until certain people in power went insane.

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:18 am

It's funny how people who give death threats aren't banned, versus "annoying" people like ral, tosen, and kirboy. Pretty dandy work!

The Toxic Avenger
Forum Staff
Clan: ???
Clan Tag: [???]

Post by The Toxic Avenger » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:20 am

Kirboy didn't get banned for being annoying, he got banned for actually serious shit.

SyKoTiC
Forum Regular

Post by SyKoTiC » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:20 am

Phil Fish - 2013 : "Gamers are the worst type of people.".
Last edited by SyKoTiC on Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Being part of this DooM/Port madness since 2006
It's No Use!

Hammerfest-
Forum Regular
Clan: A3.33333333333333333
Clan Tag: A3.33333333

Post by Hammerfest- » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:22 am

The Toxic Avenger wrote: Kirboy didn't get banned for being annoying, he got banned for actually serious shit.
Oh boy, the Kirboy thing...

He got banned for posting a supposed 'virus' that if I recall correctly, Tiger had told me was literally harmless and the chances of that 'virus' actually doing something were actually pretty low, if not minuscule.

So what was he banned for exactly? Do tell.
Swift as a breeze, fierce as a gale.

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:24 am

So ral and tosen were banned for merely being "Annoying"? They never even cheated to my knowledge.

The Toxic Avenger
Forum Staff
Clan: ???
Clan Tag: [???]

Post by The Toxic Avenger » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:26 am

Ral got banned back when servers were not handling bans correctly, and he was using that to evade a server ban. He was already on a short leash then.

I didn't ban Tosen initially, I only did when he evaded his ban.
Last edited by The Toxic Avenger on Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hypnotoad

Post by Hypnotoad » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:29 am

In defense of Zandronum:

1) I was actually the one that found that chatlog on pastebin (while searching pastebin for another drama log) and spread it around because it was so funny , but it wasn't in #coop and is 2 or 3 years old now probably.
2) I'm pretty sure these prolific females who end up being dudes are all the same one or two guys, seeing as they speak in a similar fashion online and are never seen together.
3) Zandronum is not unique in having nutcases, places like zdoom and doomworld have had some incredibly fucked up people too, e.g. here: http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/6 ... lla-wad/3/ and I'm sure if people actually bothered to scrutinize everyone on zdaemon like they do on zandronum, some people there will also be revealed to be major headcases.
Last edited by Hypnotoad on Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Devonizer
New User

Post by Devonizer » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:30 am

I think the community does need to be cleaned up quite harshly. Its just disgraceful how it is now as compared to say, 3 or 4 years ago.

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:30 am

So when people figure out that they aren't actually getting banned, they should be "gentlemen" and not reconnect? rofl

You're basically punishing them for having natural human reactions.
Last edited by Catastrophe on Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stoner
Forum Regular

Post by Stoner » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:37 am

The Zandronum Elitist Shadow Government strikes again.

Gardevoir
Forum Regular

Post by Gardevoir » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:40 am

One day I had a dream... all furries and bronies and other shit gettin' banned from this place... wish that could actually happen someday...

Also, you should try to find Teletha's new alias maybe?

Btw, if you want to know. It's whole internet suffering from such things unfortunately. The best thing to do is to get rid of the biggest idiots around here and uh... ignore the rest maybe? Also I don't know anything about any personal problems and ban reasons but whatever, wanted to hear my opinion, so here it is.
Never forget... 8.10.2012
(O+|+<) ~*

HI

Cyber'
Clan: The Professionals
Clan Tag: <PRO>

Post by Cyber' » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:51 am

Lilith's been banned from IRC, seeing as how I have a log that shows that it started there.

We don't need any drama like this going on. Keep that in mind.

This thread is no longer needed.
Projects completed : PROCTF, Jump Maze, Tricky ST. RJX.Jump Maze X
Newest Project : Nothing at present.

Jumpmaze X post is here viewtopic.php?f=58&t=9981&p=115929#p115929
I always love these calm moments before the storm...

Medicris
Forum Regular

Post by Medicris » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:51 am

You're doing god's work, son.