Kal Foxis

Old stuff gets archived here.

Should Kal-Foxis be banned?

Total votes: 0

Captain Ventris

RE: Kal Foxis

Post by Captain Ventris » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:32 pm

Well, it's rather that their MOTIVATION for changing is small. This isn't real life - none of us can beat them up in an alleyway. None of us are of consequence to them, and so they have little actual reason to change.
[quote="wildweasel"]I really don't think that Doom is the proper platform to be questioning the legitimacy of Christianity.[/quote]

Captain Ventris Presents - My Tumblr, wherein I ramble about things and stuff.

Metal
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Metal » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:32 pm

Devon wrote: Both? Who was the second one?
Shadowfox. I actually just found out just now that either last night or the night before last, he lied to me. He was already on the master list...I thought I had <PRO> Shogun on my steam list, but it's not him. He asked me to whitelist him on the master and on IRC...So I did, thinking it was the real Shogun.

-_-

Either way, bans are back in place.

As for Shogun on my steam list...
phpBB [video]
The [video] tag is deprecated, please use the [media] tag
Last edited by Metal on Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mobius
Banned
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: Aᵌ
Banned: Permanently

Post by Mobius » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:34 pm

He's been aliasing as Shogan for awhile. In fact, he's been claiming aliases of known Doom players on Steam like Noskill and etc.

Devon
Forum Regular

Post by Devon » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:59 pm

So not only was he ban evading he was impersonating people too?

Nice to know that he's banned for good.

Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:15 pm

Devon wrote: So not only was he ban evading he was impersonating people too?

That means the mods can double-ban him.

That should be a thing. Double-banning should be a thing. Let's make that a thing.
[quote="wildweasel"]I really don't think that Doom is the proper platform to be questioning the legitimacy of Christianity.[/quote]

The Toxic Avenger
Forum Staff
Clan: ???
Clan Tag: [???]

Post by The Toxic Avenger » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:48 pm

From the looks of it he's doing it to try to get whitelisted under the guise of a known persona.

What a tool.

Hellish

Post by Hellish » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:43 pm

Unbanning Kal its like put a lion in a mall and say to him "Don't eat nobody please." He will cause more troubles, if he enters he will get out in the same way. (Cheating for who don't get it)
WAT THE FOCK :v: ??!!11?1?1eLEven *Dubstep dramatization*
My secret to be badass:
Spoiler: Click here! (Open)
Thanks for the click. You now are officialy trolled by IGOR!

Mobius
Banned

Post by Mobius » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:47 pm

In case no one is aware of why Shadowfox should be removed other than cheating/evading

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9403129/screenshots/shogun1.png

Courtesy to whom ever took the screenshot.
Last edited by Mobius on Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Devon
Forum Regular

Post by Devon » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:17 pm

Mobius wrote: In case no one is aware of why Shadowfox should be removed other than cheating/evading

Holy crap. Some people eh?
Captain Ventris wrote:
Devon wrote: So not only was he ban evading he was impersonating people too?

That means the mods can double-ban him.

That should be a thing. Double-banning should be a thing. Let's make that a thing.
So if one of his bans run out or get appealed, there's another to back it up >:D

katZune
Forum Regular

Post by katZune » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:42 pm

i think nobody say no... (if someone do sorry but i'm too lazi to read all) i think he don't should be banned. why?

1.- THIS IS NOT SKULLTAG, is true everyone from st is now at zandronum but that not mean zandronum is skulltag

2.-racism!, well not but i mean, everyone not is banned from old list but kal foxis yes? that is not fair

is true, he has been a epic moron in all source ports (i think) but we cannot judge him for a thing that him did in another port, maybe he can do it again but we can ban again him, but atm he has do nothing bad in zandronum

that is my point and nobody will change that of my mind
Whitout a good PC ATM, i will back when 2.0 come out, :)
Spoiler: The True (Open)
Ijon Tichy wrote:
Catastrophe wrote: Banned on grandvoid for trolling Zombie Horde and all out war (blocking, destroying my own base, etc)
Kicked from El Zoido's all out war for nuking our teams base
Kicked again from el Zoido's server for fucking up the warfactory so bad that mechs couldn't spawn anymore
I see no offenses here

only justice

Mobius
Banned

Post by Mobius » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:46 pm

katZune wrote: i think nobody say no... (if someone do sorry but i'm too lazi to read all) i think he don't should be banned. why?

1.- THIS IS NOT SKULLTAG, is true everyone from st is now at zandronum but that not mean zandronum is skulltag

is true, he has been a epic moron in all source ports (i think) but we cannot judge him for a thing that him did in another port, maybe he can do it again but we can ban again him, but atm he has do nothing bad in zandronum

Same community minus Carn.

Hammerfest-
Forum Regular
Clan: A3.33333333333333333
Clan Tag: A3.33333333

Post by Hammerfest- » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:58 pm

The Toxic Avenger wrote: From the looks of it he's doing it to try to get whitelisted under the guise of a known persona.

What a tool.
Though most people already knew that ShadowFoxis was running around as Shogun9X or something, and _Shogun_ on IRC. Shogun himself even said why the heck was someone else going around with his name, but that's another issue. Glad to see that Kalfoxis and his little lackey have been banned once more.

katZune wrote: i think nobody say no... (if someone do sorry but i'm too lazi to read all) i think he don't should be banned. why?

2.-racism!, well not but i mean, everyone not is banned from old list but kal foxis yes? that is not fair

This is like saying that if Hitler was in another country he wouldn't of had done the shit he did when he put up Nazi Germany on the map during WWII. Plus this isn't a first, the issue with Kalfoxis has happened multiple times, and he even got caught cheating if I recall correctly when he had played Cyber in a 3 round duel match.
Last edited by Hammerfest- on Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swift as a breeze, fierce as a gale.

infurnus
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Clan: Unidoom
Clan Tag: UD

Post by infurnus » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:04 pm

katZune wrote: 2.-racism!, well not but i mean,
Wait a minute, what? Just think for a minute about what you said.
I think you're taking Devil's Advocate a bit too far there.

EDIT:
Hammerfest- wrote:
The Toxic Avenger wrote: From the looks of it he's doing it to try to get whitelisted under the guise of a known persona.
Shogun himself even said why the heck was someone else going around with his name, but that's another issue.
I thought he was a brown noser. A couple weeks ago he tried to add me to his steam friends list, his profile was blocked from public viewing but the page said he shared people on his friends list with me, so I accepted it for the time being. I checked his past names and saw all the aliases, and a bunch of server hosts and other Doomers in his friends list, and assumed he aliased to to serve his own needs.
Mobius wrote: In case no one is aware of why Shadowfox should be removed other than cheating/evading

I took this picture.
Last edited by infurnus on Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Medicris
Forum Regular

Post by Medicris » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:06 pm

They're idiots, had made themselves look like idiots, and has broken many, many rules that in any other case would get them permabanned with zero question or trial.

So yes. Personally, I'd say that they should be relentlessly banned any time they pop up again. They deserve no less.

Exhile
New User

Post by Exhile » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:30 pm

Hello Zandronum community, this is Exhile posting a reply on something that has been resolved, feel free to delete it if you feel it neccesary, but I must put in my two cents.

First things first, I thought zandronum was supposed to be a new port, where we all make are peace and start a new, why this topic has been mad is quiet clear to me, as im sure many people have been bugging the admins to reban Kal, but I feel that all these please should be ignored or dealt with in a diffrent way, rather then leaving a persons online fate to vote. Anyways, my point is, what happened to zandronum being new, why can't everyone just forget about the past, many people that have been banned, have been given multiple chances to come back and I feel Kal should to.

Second of all, if there need to be a vote to finalize and issue, it should be between the admins, not just random people who have influences in the community, but if you most base it on the community,everything should be taken into account. Most people here are reverting to the past to influence the side they vote on. I have been back to doom for a little while now, and I do hang out with kal and play him a lot as well as spectate him, and can honestly say, he does not hack. I tell you what I have seen a lot of, trolls, people who just come into servers to accuse him of hacking and then play him and go to admins to say he is hacking without even having a demo to prove it, I have seen Kal sit there while people run their mouthsat him, its been consistant for the last couple of months, but these people remain untouched, because they have some sort of big voice in the community. Most of the people hear, I can say have been saying the same thing, he has been creating drama since 2010,or ban him because he will never change and what not, but I have yet to see any real recent proof, demos and what not to show recent events where he has done something wrong, this post should have been heavily base off of that and not word of mouth, their are many people that just are talking for the sake of hatred towards this person and not really thinking of the betterment of the community.

While I am not an admin, I must ask them something, do you really want a port where the community has full influence on your decisions, or do you want a port where you have full command of the troops? That is something that happened and probably ruined skulltag in the end. Too much of a community affecting the decisions of the admins, causing many other people who were innocent to be put on trial or just simply not getting there oppurtunity to defend themeselves.

In the end it just seems to me that we are even now, beggining to revert to the skulltag way of running things, and it might cause further problems in the future. My full opinion, in all honesty, is that this post shouldn't have been created, it's a new port, start with a new ban list, and if something does happen take care of it swiftly, forget the past and move towards the future. Please Zandronum Admins don't allow the community to run you over, like that of Skulltag, I fear that if this happens, this port will always have the same fate

Exhile-

katZune
Forum Regular

Post by katZune » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:34 pm

Exhile is the best 0/ i love you <3
Whitout a good PC ATM, i will back when 2.0 come out, :)
Spoiler: The True (Open)
Ijon Tichy wrote:
Catastrophe wrote: Banned on grandvoid for trolling Zombie Horde and all out war (blocking, destroying my own base, etc)
Kicked from El Zoido's all out war for nuking our teams base
Kicked again from el Zoido's server for fucking up the warfactory so bad that mechs couldn't spawn anymore
I see no offenses here

only justice

Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:50 pm

Think about it: We have a headstart on knowing who the cheaters are in this 'new' sourceport and 'new' community. It's like Minority Report, but with less allofthethingsthatmadeMinorityReportaworldinwhichyouwouldnotwanttolive.

Hammerfest-
Forum Regular
Clan: A3.33333333333333333
Clan Tag: A3.33333333

Post by Hammerfest- » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:08 pm

Exhile wrote: Hello Zandronum community, this is Exhile posting a reply on something that has been resolved, feel free to delete it if you feel it neccesary, but I must put in my two cents.
Welcome to Zandronum, first off. Secondly, I don't think that the staff would delete posts from anyone, unless they decide to throw them into the archives for whatever reason.
Exhile wrote: First things first, I thought zandronum was supposed to be a new port, where we all make are peace and start a new, why this topic has been mad is quiet clear to me, as im sure many people have been bugging the admins to reban Kal, but I feel that all these please should be ignored or dealt with in a diffrent way, rather then leaving a persons online fate to vote. Anyways, my point is, what happened to zandronum being new, why can't everyone just forget about the past, many people that have been banned, have been given multiple chances to come back and I feel Kal should to.
I'd understand this point of view had Kalfoxis been a first time cheater, something like where Junior was put into when he had cheated way back then. However, like I've stated and like many members of Zandronum would agree, he has been a great burden and a very snarky person when it comes to him, based on what I've seen from him and from what people seem to say. Kalfoxis has been known for cheating, and his cheating was publicly proven when he had played Cyber a few years back. Like I said, if he were a first time cheater, etc., he would have much more leniency and a slight amount of sympathy, but he's just the mark of trouble.
Exhile wrote: Second of all, if there need to be a vote to finalize and issue, it should be between the admins, not just random people who have influences in the community, but if you most base it on the community,everything should be taken into account. Most people here are reverting to the past to influence the side they vote on. I have been back to doom for a little while now, and I do hang out with kal and play him a lot as well as spectate him, and can honestly say, he does not hack.
He sounds like he's more toying with you if he's friendly. If I recall correctly someone in this community had a good relationship with Kal, until Kal had then thrown this someone under the bus and had started to talk smack or something of the sort. I don't know the details exactly however but I do remember someone bringing that across. As far as the community decision is concerned, they (as do I.) have the full right to have an opinion should the staff ask them what and what not to do in situations like these, and the staff made the right call in asking for a community opinion. Everything should be taken into account? Everything is being taken into account. He's a cheater, he's been caught in a server of about 20-30 people.
Exhile wrote: I tell you what I have seen a lot of, trolls, people who just come into servers to accuse him of hacking and then play him and go to admins to say he is hacking without even having a demo to prove it, I have seen Kal sit there while people run their mouthsat him, its been consistant for the last couple of months, but these people remain untouched, because they have some sort of big voice in the community. Most of the people hear, I can say have been saying the same thing, he has been creating drama since 2010,or ban him because he will never change and what not, but I have yet to see any real recent proof, demos and what not to show recent events where he has done something wrong, this post should have been heavily base off of that and not word of mouth, their are many people that just are talking for the sake of hatred towards this person and not really thinking of the betterment of the community.
A lot of people in this community who report trolls and report hackers (mostly hackers.) are people who know what they are doing. I know that people like Legion and Decay usually report (have reported in Decay's case.) people for hacking and they seem to know what they're doing pretty well. I won't sugar coat it though and say that 100% of the time the staff would have a hacker, but community demos and etc. have been successful most of the time. Also, thinking for the betterment of the community? No one likes the guy, so why would you keep around someone who isn't liked by anyone in here. That's like putting someone who talks a lot of s**t with people who rather just keep to themselves. It's not gonna work out.
Exhile wrote: While I am not an admin, I must ask them something, do you really want a port where the community has full influence on your decisions, or do you want a port where you have full command of the troops?
This is a very delicate scale. Community influence is a great asset, but it can be a great thorn to people who have done lesser acts or 'crimes', and people influence others to follow suit on what they think of the a person. On the other hand, having full control of the board with "Hey you aren't allowed to have an opinion, just follow me." isn't a brilliant plan either, because what's the point of running something where the community won't have a say in even the smallest things.
Exhile wrote: That is something that happened and probably ruined skulltag in the end. Too much of a community affecting the decisions of the admins, causing many other people who were innocent to be put on trial or just simply not getting there oppurtunity to defend themselves. In the end it just seems to me that we are even now, beggining to revert to the skulltag way of running things, and it might cause further problems in the future. My full opinion, in all honesty, is that this post shouldn't have been created, it's a new port, start with a new ban list, and if something does happen take care of it swiftly, forget the past and move towards the future. Please Zandronum Admins don't allow the community to run you over, like that of Skulltag, I fear that if this happens, this port will always have the same fate

Exhile-
This has just started, how can you say that Zandronum is going back to their old ways? Again, this community thing hasn't been done for a while, and I mean a while. The staff is doing what they can to make sure that Zandronum doesn't become what they had to deal with 24/7 on Skulltag. The staff, as I've stated previously, made a right move in asking for a community opinion on Kalfoxis, so I think you're being a bit too hasty here with this comment, but again, it's your opinion, and you're entitled to it.
Swift as a breeze, fierce as a gale.

Exhile
New User

Post by Exhile » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:08 pm

Ok, again, kalfoxis is no cheater, the only people that say he is cheating are people that lose to him, but again if they really had proof they would ask him to play and then demo him, I believe kal has even told people that they can view him while playing or even be on his computer to check what he has on it, to make them certain that he isn't hacking, yes he has in the past to make sure how the hacks work and how to defend against it battle, however, for a long time now he has not hacked, and i know it because I duel him plent of times, no weapon dysync or any of that.

With commentary towards the whole, we know who are the cheaters of the community, while this may be true, it still should not be dealt with until something actually happens, knowing the cheaters, should make the admins more cautiaus towards the person in this new port, but should not warrant them to automatically ban him, when hasn't done nothing wrong yet.

Another thing is this person should have had a chance to defend himself before the conclusion was made, which is something that was done on skulltag a lot, passing judgement without any trial at all, it just leads to more drama, more people complaining about unsubstantiated bans which creates more drama for the admins, since they can either choose to ignore the person, forcing him to find a means to play or they can sit there and try to resolve the issue, and if they choose to unban the person they will get other replies from people who want this person ban,thats why i think that when it comes to an issue about banning people, it should specifically be deal with within the admin group themeseleves.

Think aboutr it, its like a jury in court, you must be unbiased in order to make your decision, and these people are chosen because of this atribute, and so should admins be chosen to run the new port, there should be a boundary between friendship with people in the community and the job they must do. This particular topic, like i stated before should not have warranted the opinion of the community,because, which should be known, the community opinions and the people who post in the thread are not going off of actual evidence, but personal opinion which in many instances may lead them to react on emotion towards the person on trail, which leads to an unfair trial as well as a bias opinion as a whole.

All im trying to say is the admins in my opinion, should tread lightly, when making a decision of this magnitude, and be cautious of who you allow to influence your opinion. Banning issues should always be dealt with, imho, by the admins who have been disignated to resolve this issue, and they should only take into account actual evidence instead of word of mouth.

Like i said i don't want infuriate the admins, or really tell them how to run things, this will just make them mad, but I did feel your comment also needed a responce, again admins feel free to delete it.

Synert
Forum Regular

Post by Synert » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:23 pm

Exhile wrote: Ok, again, kalfoxis is no cheater, the only people that say he is cheating are people that lose to him, but again if they really had proof they would ask him to play and then demo him...
He's already had demos taken and been found cheating several times.
Every time he's been let back (or evaded) he's cheated again, and I have no doubts that he won't do it if he's let back now. Why bother?