Old stuff gets archived here.

Punishment for refusing randcaps picking you as a captain should be:

Total votes: 0

RedShirt
Forum Regular

RE: New possible rule for captains in CTF

Post by RedShirt » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:55 am

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Last edited by RedShirt on Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
We are you. We are the madness that lurks within you all, begging to be free at every moment in your deepest animal mind. We are what you hide from in your beds every night. We are what you sedate into silence and paralysis when you go to the nocturnal haven where we cannot tread.
#swag

-Jes-
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by -Jes- » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:44 am

Tor-Bjorn wrote:We have a fairly active public ctf going.
Orly?

Because as far as I see, the only things 'active' around here is Samsara onslaught, RGA2/-WW2, AOW2 and the occasional JumpMaze or FNF/SNS.. And those barely attain 80 people total on a weekend!

Face it, the online doom playing community is miniscule (if you don't count in MM8BDM, it's a two digit number!) - any basic pub ctf is rare to find, and having a bunch of people screaming "cap or gtfo" isn't going to entice newcomers.
Last edited by -Jes- on Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

one_Two
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by one_Two » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:48 pm

-Jes- wrote:
Tor-Bjorn wrote:We have a fairly active public ctf going.
Orly?

Because as far as I see, the only things 'active' around here is Samsara onslaught, RGA2/-WW2, AOW2 and the occasional JumpMaze or FNF/SNS.. And those barely attain 80 people total on a weekend!

Face it, the online doom playing community is miniscule (if you don't count in MM8BDM, it's a two digit number!) - any basic pub ctf is rare to find, and having a bunch of people screaming "cap or gtfo" isn't going to entice newcomers.
I'd agree and would say that public ctf is nothing like 3v3 or 4v4 (you might get one or two games of it) and so can't you can't really improve your main game playing there. I've only been playing priv in the last week and it doesn't really bother me capping (seems like the only way I'll get to play :) ) But I also haven't seen anyone refuse caps, except for lagging issues, so can't really comment on that. But as a newcomer to priv ctf I would say on the whole people are pretty mature and welcoming.

Metal
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Metal » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:25 pm

Moved at request of OP.
<EazyDI>harrased me
<EazyDI>and called me a dinner
<EazyDI>n*****
<EazyDI>lmao not dinner