Old stuff gets archived here.

Should I add sprinting into NZ:DE?

Poll ended at Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:40 am

Total votes: 0

Hece
Forum Regular

RE: [0.7Pre] Nazi Zombies: Doom Edition

Post by Hece » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:48 pm

WhiteAce wrote: That is magnificant, let's see if I can actually get cubasy to add this, I want that sort of weapon on my wall.
Thanks. Any other weapons you would like? I just can't stop now. Gonna do these whole night since it's going so well now.
Btw made little change; added weapon slide movement in frame 3
Last edited by Hece on Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:53 pm

Alright well let me think... Are you any good at making textures by any chance umm... How about some WW2 Snipers? and try to make them centered.
Did you just bite me? Come here, I will bite you back bastard.

Hece
Forum Regular

Post by Hece » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:16 pm

WhiteAce wrote: Alright well let me think... Are you any good at making textures by any chance umm... How about some WW2 Snipers? and try to make them centered.
Non-angled WWII snipers? I'll do my best

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:22 pm

Looking forward to seeing it, and the only reason I asked this is because most of the weapon sprites used are actually not angled and I don't want to ask you to do that sten again unless you have free time.

Hece
Forum Regular

Post by Hece » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:08 am

No, I can't do centered weapons. Tried and failed.

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:07 pm

That's fine if you need a fine example just look at some of the iron sights in world at war, anyway my map is finished, I got all the weapon textures on the walls, now all I need is to code my map, Will probably get cubasy to do it or Ragna, since I wouldn't have a clue about cubasys acs, I have the basic understanding that it needs to know the amount of barricades though.

TheCubasy

Post by TheCubasy » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:27 pm

WhiteAce wrote: That's fine if you need a fine example just look at some of the iron sights in world at war, anyway my map is finished, I got all the weapon textures on the walls, now all I need is to code my map, Will probably get cubasy to do it or Ragna, since I wouldn't have a clue about cubasys acs, I have the basic understanding that it needs to know the amount of barricades though.
I'll do it. I've already gotta fix some bugs in Ragna's maps, anyway.
Play scary.wad, it's horrifying: http://zandronum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=5289

The one posting on this account is not Cubasy, rather it is WhiteAce.

Nazi Zombies doom edition, fix 3 (or 0.7.3) Will be released next week if all goes well, expect some big changes in Map03

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:52 pm

TheCubasy wrote:
WhiteAce wrote: That's fine if you need a fine example just look at some of the iron sights in world at war, anyway my map is finished, I got all the weapon textures on the walls, now all I need is to code my map, Will probably get cubasy to do it or Ragna, since I wouldn't have a clue about cubasys acs, I have the basic understanding that it needs to know the amount of barricades though.
Alright just give me a few minutes, I need to do something else and then I'll upload (EDIT:I can't believe this, I was supposed to put send it to you in a message and forgot to type it.), oh and I asked you this in a message but, Would the script I have for the music interfere with the current acs?
EDIT: Message sent.
Last edited by NachtIntellect on Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheCubasy

Post by TheCubasy » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:44 pm

WhiteAce wrote:
TheCubasy wrote:
Alright just give me a few minutes, I need to do something else and then I'll upload (EDIT:I can't believe this, I was supposed to put send it to you in a message and forgot to type it.), oh and I asked you this in a message but, Would the script I have for the music interfere with the current acs?
Yeah, those script IDs are for the OPEN and ENTER scripts. I can change the music scripts' IDs, though.
Play scary.wad, it's horrifying: http://zandronum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=5289

Nazi Zombies doom edition, fix 3 (or 0.7.3) Will be released next week if all goes well, expect some big changes in Map03

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:47 pm

TheCubasy wrote:
WhiteAce wrote:
TheCubasy wrote:
Yeah, those script IDs are for the OPEN and ENTER scripts. I can change the music scripts' IDs, though.
Alright thanks and sorry for the mass of 3D floors, I went crazy on them this time and I hope you like the map, I actually had it ready a week before it's just I don't really feel like a good mapper.
Last edited by NachtIntellect on Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheCubasy

Post by TheCubasy » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:53 pm

WhiteAce wrote:
TheCubasy wrote:
WhiteAce wrote:
TheCubasy wrote:
Alright thanks and sorry for the mass of 3D floors, I went crazy on them this time and I hope you like the map, I actually had it ready a week before it's just I don't really feel like a good mapper.
Hah. Welcome to my world.
Anyway, 3D floors are no problem. OpenGL's kind of a necessity, at this point.

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:55 pm

TheCubasy wrote:
WhiteAce wrote:
TheCubasy wrote:
WhiteAce wrote:

Lol Cubasy, you're a pretty good mapper, but don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it, I am here for you, anyway I used your skybox you have untill I can find one that doesn't look to stretched and etc.

TheCubasy

Post by TheCubasy » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:57 pm

WhiteAce wrote:
TheCubasy wrote:
WhiteAce wrote:
TheCubasy wrote:

Lol Cubasy, you're a pretty good mapper, but don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it, I am here for you, anyway I used your skybox you have untill I can find one that doesn't look to stretched and etc.
lol Thanks. It's kind of difficult to find a good skybox nowadays.
(I like the quote streak we got going here lol.)

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:02 pm

TheCubasy wrote:
WhiteAce wrote:
TheCubasy wrote:
WhiteAce wrote:

lol Thanks. It's kind of difficult to find a good skybox nowadays.
(I like the quote streak we got going here lol.)
Well a wise whiterun guard once said "I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow to the knee"
And believe me it's really hard to find a skybox, I've googled it, I've asked people, maybe I should just design my own...
Or ask someone else to do it, at this moment I am currently looking for textures before skyboxes, I'll get to the skyboxes later,
if need be i'll make some black "Mountain" Textures and add them to the skybox.

Hece
Forum Regular

Post by Hece » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:22 pm

So I DID make a Kar98 Sniper sprite. I'm not sure was higher or lower place for scope better, so I uploaded both. It's not so pretty, but hopefully it is enough.

I also can send just rifle + hands and scope separately, if you want to make it better.
Last edited by Hece on Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TankDempsey
Forum Regular

Post by TankDempsey » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:53 pm

i finished my map. im going to send it to you cubsay.

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:05 pm

One more thing, when I get a better computer (Damn this Vista) I am going to record some montages of this mod.

Hece
Forum Regular

Post by Hece » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:12 pm

Added better scope. More shiny.
Now I think that this is pretty good.
Last edited by Hece on Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheCubasy

Post by TheCubasy » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:24 pm

Couple things: one, I've been working on some user-submitted maps, including WhiteAce's, Ragna's, and TankDempsey's (and one work-in-progress map by me c;) There's, like... nine maps I gotta do, so don't expect them to be finished any time soon. Two, I added in the MG42. I still gotta increase the damage a bit, but it's a beast of a gun, 'specially it's firing sound, so look forward to seeing it in the next update... hopefully. I still don't have reload frames for it.

Three, got a gameplay video of the new update for you guys, with some Slipknot playing over it because Fraps decided to not record the sound for some stupid reason.
[spoiler]
phpBB [video]
The [video] tag is deprecated, please use the [media] tag
So I was actually trying to break my round record on this map, and I didn't get the guns I needed from the box the previous round, so I knew I was screwed from the beginning. As it turns out, I almost made it through, and I might've, if I hadn't run out of MP40 ammo. By far the most intense and fast-paced moment I've ever experienced in this mod; the map's so dark and claustrophobic, it's amazing I even survived that long.[/spoiler]
Probably can't notice many new updates, but among them are new multiplayer challenges, a new layout for your current rank and XP, different rank icons for different prestiges (up to prestige 10,) new frames for the .357 magnum, an MG42, and more.

By the way, I'll need, ideally, three testers to help me test multiplayer sometime soon. I was thinking just Ragna, Dempsey, and WhiteAce, since you guys submitted lots of maps. I got the reviving, the getting downed, the death, and the game over system working recently in Nacht, and before I start porting it over, I wanna test it out.

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:34 pm

TheCubasy wrote: Couple things: one, I've been working on some user-submitted maps, including WhiteAce's, Ragna's, and TankDempsey's (and one work-in-progress map by me c;) There's, like... nine maps I gotta do, so don't expect them to be finished any time soon. Two, I added in the MG42. I still gotta increase the damage a bit, but it's a beast of a gun, 'specially it's firing sound, so look forward to seeing it in the next update... hopefully. I still don't have reload frames for it.

Three, got a gameplay video of the new update for you guys, with some Slipknot playing over it because Fraps decided to not record the sound for some stupid reason.
[spoiler]
phpBB [video]
The [video] tag is deprecated, please use the [media] tag
So I was actually trying to break my round record on this map, and I didn't get the guns I needed from the box the previous round, so I knew I was screwed from the beginning. As it turns out, I almost made it through, and I might've, if I hadn't run out of MP40 ammo. By far the most intense and fast-paced moment I've ever experienced in this mod; the map's so dark and claustrophobic, it's amazing I even survived that long.[/spoiler]
Probably can't notice many new updates, but among them are new multiplayer challenges, a new layout for your current rank and XP, different rank icons for different prestiges (up to prestige 10,) new frames for the .357 magnum, an MG42, and more.

By the way, I'll need, ideally, three testers to help me test multiplayer sometime soon. I was thinking just Ragna, Dempsey, and WhiteAce, since you guys submitted lots of maps. I got the reviving, the getting downed, the death, and the game over system working recently in Nacht, and before I start porting it over, I wanna test it out.
Looks much better, I'll be glad to play but my b-day is today and ofcourse I am going out to do things, so how about saturday or something?