RE: [0.7Pre] Nazi Zombies: Doom Edition

Post by Wilhelm Wulf » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:25 pm

Okay, I just finished up the Insta-Kill:

Frame PNG's are here.

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:31 pm

That actually looks pretty good, I am going to make a sprite out of it in a second.
Did you just bite me? Come here, I will bite you back bastard.

Wilhelm Wulf

Post by Wilhelm Wulf » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:46 pm

Thanks, I'm glad to hear you like it!

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:56 pm

I am done now, I'll update one of my previous posts so that way people don't get confused and say "Where's the insta-kill" and also allows them to read just the one thing.

Angel_Neko_X
Forum Regular

Post by Angel_Neko_X » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:32 pm

Carpenter left! And the job of the powerups can be finished for sure
"Swan Fox doesn't like hurting other people, I do!" -Diane "Elliot" McModua (Hotline U.A.C)

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:33 pm

Oh yeah, how could I have forgotten about carpenter -facepalm-

Wilhelm Wulf

Post by Wilhelm Wulf » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:48 am

Carpenter's done now:

all of the PNG's for all the Power Ups are available here.

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:57 am

Alright, that looks good let me attempt that and then when I am finished (Not even going to reply just going to edit one of my previous posts.}

Angel_Neko_X
Forum Regular

Post by Angel_Neko_X » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:31 am

Thanks you very much Wilhelm Wulf, I gonna take care of them right now!

EDIT :
It's done now, you may download the preview
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/35863763/Nazi% ... werups.wad
Last edited by Angel_Neko_X on Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Swan Fox doesn't like hurting other people, I do!" -Diane "Elliot" McModua (Hotline U.A.C)

TankDempsey
Forum Regular

Post by TankDempsey » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:48 pm

i made 2 variants of the double barrel off wall texturs, i also edited the ssg pickup to match the style of the sawn off

http://www.mediafire.com/?3yu56w7zmc9qxql
both are in 1 image

Hece
Forum Regular

Post by Hece » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:04 pm

I remembered that you didn't have decent flamethower sprite.
You might have done it already, but I find good base form Operation Body Count:

TheCubasy

Post by TheCubasy » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:48 pm

Wow, haven't replied to anything in a while.

So me and WhiteAce did some extensive multiplayer testing together, screwed around, etc. Aside from a few big bugs and some things I gotta balance, multiplayer's looking to be fully complete here soon, meaning that I will finally be able to focus less on Nacht Der Untoten, more on the other maps.

The only real game-breaking bug we found was that you could respawn after you've died, and that the game over screen doesn't trigger, but those should be an easy fix.
Spoiler: Bugs we found (Open)
  • Knifing while shooting your weapon makes you equip the knife from old versions of the mod. The reason's unknown. FIXED
  • Footstep sounds don't play properly. I probably screwed something up in GetPlayerInput().
  • Zombies attack players that are downed. +NOTARGET doesn't seem to work, so I'll have to find a workaround for this.
  • Ranking system doesn't work. Not really sure why, I'll have to look into it more.
  • Weapons don't "weigh you down," i.e. your movement speed is unaffected by the weapons you hold.
  • Reviving system doesn't work properly. You can't revive the player when they're actually downed; only when they have died and respawned. FIXED
  • You can respawn when you died. I probably know the cause of it, so I'll look into it soon.
  • Game over screen doesn't trigger. Most likely, it's a glitch with PLAYER_dead[] and PLAYER_downed[], which would explain why you can respawn when you've died.
For everyone who's submitted sprites, thanks. I'll use those power-up sprites and credit Wilhelm Wulf as such. As for the flamethrower sprites, I'm gonna leave it up to JoeyTD; if anyone knows what they're doing when it comes to graphics design, it's him.
Play scary.wad, it's horrifying: http://zandronum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=5289

The one posting on this account is not Cubasy, rather it is WhiteAce.

Nazi Zombies doom edition, fix 3 (or 0.7.3) Will be released next week if all goes well, expect some big changes in Map03

Llewellyn
Forum Regular

Post by Llewellyn » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:30 pm

TheCubasy wrote:Footstep sounds don't play properly. I probably screwed something up in GetPlayerInput().
Are you using COMPAT_CLIENTSSENDFULLBUTTONINFO?
TheCubasy wrote:You can respawn when you died. I probably know the cause of it, so I'll look into it soon.
Survival Gamemode? :S

TheCubasy

Post by TheCubasy » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:38 pm

Llewellyn wrote:
TheCubasy wrote:Footstep sounds don't play properly. I probably screwed something up in GetPlayerInput().
Are you using COMPAT_CLIENTSSENDFULLBUTTONINFO?
TheCubasy wrote:You can respawn when you died. I probably know the cause of it, so I'll look into it soon.
Survival Gamemode? :S
I don't think I am, I'll check it out.

As for the gamemode, it's supposed to be set to Cooperative; the mod handles respawning on it's own.
Play scary.wad, it's horrifying: http://zandronum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=5289

Nazi Zombies doom edition, fix 3 (or 0.7.3) Will be released next week if all goes well, expect some big changes in Map03

Wilhelm Wulf

Post by Wilhelm Wulf » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:00 pm

TheCubasy wrote: Wow, haven't replied to anything in a while.

So me and WhiteAce did some extensive multiplayer testing together, screwed around, etc. Aside from a few big bugs and some things I gotta balance, multiplayer's looking to be fully complete here soon, meaning that I will finally be able to focus less on Nacht Der Untoten, more on the other maps.

The only real game-breaking bug we found was that you could respawn after you've died, and that the game over screen doesn't trigger, but those should be an easy fix.
  • Knifing while shooting your weapon makes you equip the knife from old versions of the mod. The reason's unknown. FIXED
  • Footstep sounds don't play properly. I probably screwed something up in GetPlayerInput().
  • Zombies attack players that are downed. +NOTARGET doesn't seem to work, so I'll have to find a workaround for this.
  • Ranking system doesn't work. Not really sure why, I'll have to look into it more.
  • Weapons don't "weigh you down," i.e. your movement speed is unaffected by the weapons you hold.
  • Reviving system doesn't work properly. You can't revive the player when they're actually downed; only when they have died and respawned. FIXED
  • You can respawn when you died. I probably know the cause of it, so I'll look into it soon.
  • Game over screen doesn't trigger. Most likely, it's a glitch with PLAYER_dead[] and PLAYER_downed[], which would explain why you can respawn when you've died.
For everyone who's submitted sprites, thanks. I'll use those power-up sprites and credit Wilhelm Wulf as such. As for the flamethrower sprites, I'm gonna leave it up to JoeyTD; if anyone knows what they're doing when it comes to graphics design, it's him.
Yay! I helped!

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:45 am

TheCubasy wrote: Wow, haven't replied to anything in a while.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention, some guns might not actually need balancing things like the kar98K, colt and a few others just need a little more damage.

TankDempsey
Forum Regular

Post by TankDempsey » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:57 am

I also remember in WAW the double barrel Is more powerful then the trenchgun and was a 1 hit kill up to round 19 I belive
Last edited by TankDempsey on Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wilhelm Wulf

Post by Wilhelm Wulf » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:10 pm

Hey, I was playing not so long ago, and I just noticed that I lose whatever weapon I'm holding when I buy grenades.

TheCubasy

Post by TheCubasy » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:03 pm

Gah'damn email notifications aren't working again. >:c
Wilhelm Wulf wrote: Hey, I was playing not so long ago, and I just noticed that I lose whatever weapon I'm holding when I buy grenades.
Yeah, another stupid glitch I gotta get around to fixing. I'll look more into it.
TankDempsey wrote: I also remember in WAW the double barrel Is more powerful then the trenchgun and was a 1 hit kill up to round 19 I belive
It was a one-hit kill up to about... round 15, I think. Anyway, I'm having a little trouble balancing the shotguns, but I'll up the damage on the Sawn-Off and see how it does in the later rounds. The Trench Gun needs some tweaking as well, because currently, it's only a one-shot kill up to about round 6, which essentially makes it a useless, "swap it out A.S.A.P." kind of gun. I'll try and make it more of a one-shot kill up to about... round 10 or 11, if I can.

I apologize for not responding very much recently; the email notifications stopped working for me. I've also been busy on a side project.

EDIT

Some of the guns (more specifically, the bolt-actions) need tweaking, as well, actually. Right now, the Kar98k is only a one-shot kill on the first round, an on-off one-shotter on the second, and turns obsolete in terms of damage output past that. So I'll be tweaking them, too.
Last edited by TheCubasy on Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

RE: [New Beta Update] Nazi Zombies: Doom Edition

Post by NachtIntellect » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:23 pm

phpBB [video]
The [video] tag is deprecated, please use the [media] tag
My upcoming map for cubasys Nazi Zombies: Doom Edition (with a few things I forgot to do, no sound and a lot of lagg, I just wanted to show it though.)