[0.7.3] Nazi Zombies: Doom Edition

Old stuff gets archived here.

Should I add sprinting into NZ:DE?

Poll ended at Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:40 am

Total votes: 0

TheCubasy

RE: [0.7Pre] Nazi Zombies: Doom Edition

Post by TheCubasy » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:52 pm

Hello to all, WhiteAce here, I have news for you all, the original creator of this wad has stopped working on this, he has handed over the responsibility of creating it, it has been passed down to me and shiga (Angel_Neko_X), cubasy is however still free to give coding advice to the current devs, when a computer becomes available to me I will re-write this thread and make several corrections to it and fill it with screenshots and the like, as for now progress is going to be a bit sluggish as Shiga has been working on most of the new additions to the wad by himself, any questions or anything else please go to Shiga for now, I hope to be able to contact JoeyTD, I was almost ready to give up guys, let's continue to make this mod the way it should, the way cubasy would have wanted it to be.
Last edited by TheCubasy on Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Play scary.wad, it's horrifying: http://zandronum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=5289

The one posting on this account is not Cubasy, rather it is WhiteAce.

Nazi Zombies doom edition, fix 3 (or 0.7.3) Will be released next week if all goes well, expect some big changes in Map03

Fabysk
Forum Regular

Post by Fabysk » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:36 pm

Sad to see Cubasy leave this project without a proper goodbye. Good luck to both of you and make this mod amazing as it should be.
Image Image Image

TheCubasy

Post by TheCubasy » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:58 pm

It is indeed a shame to see him go I told him and offered him a place back, this is his wad after all, but I feel as if we can get some stuff done now, there is a lot of pro's and cons with this I am no expert in Acs, I'll just stick to mapping along with adding/fixing weapons, before I blew my motherboard I fixed several weapons somehow I can't remember what most of them are, I'll list what I can remember
- Fixed and added Raygun to the mystery box
- Fixed an error in decorate to do with the Stg's reload state while speedcola is in players inventory, should no longer display firing sprite while reloading with speed cola
-Fixed the browning's animation and added it to the mystery box
-Added perk Icons to display above the rounds for each individual perk if they are in player's inventory
-Integrated shiga's ripped Perk machine sprites, wrote a decorate script for each
-Added misc stuff to menu
-Added new zombie sprites, 2 different zombies are now available
+Several other things I cannot remember.

Things to do for next release (0.7.2):
-Bug fixes
-Add purchasable perk a colas into game (I actually have the code for this, thanks to cubasy)
-Add new weapons, one included is molotov cocktails
-Allow both zombies to spawn in game, makes for less boring gameplay
-implement stronger barricades into game
-Add Cubasy's Nacht der untoten map and his Shi no numa map into the pk3
Last edited by TheCubasy on Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Play scary.wad, it's horrifying: http://zandronum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=5289

Nazi Zombies doom edition, fix 3 (or 0.7.3) Will be released next week if all goes well, expect some big changes in Map03

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:41 am

Llewellyn wrote:
Angel_Neko_X wrote: We should also figure out for the ACS about the Perk A Cola
The ACS isn't the hart part, it's the DECORATE because you're talking about weapons being affected by perks. In ACS it's simple...

Code: Select all

#define perkCost 1000 //How much Perk-A-Cola costs
#define numPerks 3 //How Many perks you have
perks[numPerks] = {"perk1", "perk2", "perk3"}; //Names of the decorate items you want to give
script 1 (void)
if (checkInventory("money") >= perkCost)
{
     giveInventory(perks[random(0,numPerks)]);
     takeInventory("money", perkCost);
     LocalAmbientSound("misc/kaching"); //Use a real sound here
}
else
     Print(s:"You need $", d:perkCost - checkInventory("money"),s: " more money to buy a Perk-A-Cola, it costs $", d:perkCost); 
The "hard" part is making the decorate effects of all the perks.

PS: I have no idea how Perk-A-Cola works I just made a shot in the dark here I've never played the real cod zombies.
I didn't see this but anyway I got the perks working, thanks to cubasy I just need to get the perk icons and Perk-a-cola machines.
Also Image (sorry I forgot how to use spoilers, too much time away from a computer, I've forgotten how to do several things)
Last edited by NachtIntellect on Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Did you just bite me? Come here, I will bite you back bastard.

Angel_Neko_X
Forum Regular

Post by Angel_Neko_X » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:47 pm

WhiteAce, I've got the sprites of the perk a cola and also, the icons, I'll send you in PM!
"Swan Fox doesn't like hurting other people, I do!" -Diane "Elliot" McModua (Hotline U.A.C)

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:56 am

I've lost the password for TheCubasy, it keeps telling me I have a invalid email address (Lol?) anyway I am going to contact a mod later on and see if they can force a mail to my gmail account, anyway guys I am sorry but I have run out of time, the best I can do is release what I have worked on, I got the perks working but as for the perk machines, I didn't get them to work in time and I wouldn't recommend buying the perk-a-cola's either, unless you want all your money stolen, I did however manage to add the browning back into the game and fix several stuff in the weapons, if anyone wishes to fix the code, they are more than welcome to, once again I apologize:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/s668k ... esFix1.pk3
http://www.mediafire.com/download/kenjd ... a2Fix2.wad
Last edited by NachtIntellect on Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Angel_Neko_X
Forum Regular

Post by Angel_Neko_X » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:44 pm

I've sended you the crash test map as (Der crash test.wad), you should make experiments with my custom map, it's like a test map if you see what I mean.
"Swan Fox doesn't like hurting other people, I do!" -Diane "Elliot" McModua (Hotline U.A.C)

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:38 pm

Angel_Neko_X wrote: I've sended you the crash test map as (Der crash test.wad), you should make experiments with my custom map, it's like a test map if you see what I mean.
I wouldn't really get the point of a test map when I could probably just use my maps coding, anyway I don't currently have a pc to access it, I was borrowing someone else's for a bit.

Now onwards to business it would be nice if someone could list all the bugs they have encountered, I am pretty sure I left a code on my map to do with bouncing betties, the first thing I'll do is take out bouncing betties from the starting round and add it into the map so it's purchaseable, It wouldn't be too much of a hassle to allow players to buy it more than once for now seeming as certain things are missing such as powerups and purchasable perks.

That aside I have asked Joey to make some sprites, it appears that before I might have overloaded him with work, maybe put a bit of pressure onto him, I have asked him to start off with two simple weapons and told him he could decide where to go from there, I have seen a multitude of angled sprites from another person I however am not too keen on the idea of changing sprites, I like the current style of centered sprites but if it ever becomes too much of a problem I guess I'll have to adapt and use those sprites, which reminds me, I am currently using that persons flamethrower sprite and pickup as a placeholder, if anyone could identify who made the sprites please tell me, I know it's not a good thing to forget, however this occurs often.

Angel_Neko_X
Forum Regular

Post by Angel_Neko_X » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:52 am

If he doesn't want to make sprites anymore, I'll make the 3d rips and with the DOOM hands, For the weapons sprites and decorate, those might be fixed! He's working on gmod models now.
And also, I still not now if it works, I need to work with my test map!

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:47 pm

I have started work on another map, the map is based on Verruckt, however the map is not actually Verruckt and will be combined into a wad file with Cubasy's map, anyway I would rather prefer we have JoeyTD or someone who can design weapons like him, I don't exactly like using Rips because well most of them don't blend in well with doom and I am pretty sure Joey has a bigger spritesheet for those hands just for future reference.

Okay I was wondering if anyone had some Powerup Icons, namely for double points and insta-kill I am still deciding if I should add in the Death machine, required I can find a sprite decent enough for it.
Last edited by NachtIntellect on Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TankDempsey
Forum Regular

Post by TankDempsey » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:59 am

Well I haven't been on this thread in a while. Anyways I'm still mapping for this ((I'm revamping my old Ghoul's Forest map to something much more detailed with dynamic lighting and such, expect screenies soon)) as for sprites I know a few good sprite artist on the ZDoom forums like Uboa and Sgt. Shivers who could (Possibly) lend a hand. Maybe.
Find me online in-game as Mario

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:30 am

Check the OP for the new update (which was in this post which I deleted and rewrote), anyway I got some screenshots, sorry it took a while guys but I have screenshots of the second Nazi Zombies map (In Map03):
Spoiler: Blood Party (Open)
ImageImage
By the way, has anyone played Hell on Earth on Blood party yet? The last screenshot is how long I survived minus 2 seconds (70 Tics to be precise) I had a lot of trouble in the starting room, I only managed to get 1 gun out of the mystery box, I might create another room in order to let players circle around while they wait for the mystery box, that was one of the hardest parts, what do you guys think?
Last edited by NachtIntellect on Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Angel_Neko_X
Forum Regular

Post by Angel_Neko_X » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:22 am

Before I'll put the better decorate and sprites I've made, WhiteAce, send me the map that you're working on, I want to test those perk a cola!

TheCubasy

Post by TheCubasy » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:07 pm

The map is in the original post, check it for the links, also me and you have been debating this for a while but what if we found a more expansive sprite sheet of good looking hands? I like the doom hands and all but it would be nice to keep a fresh pair of hands that have been barely used, I might just be a bit stubborn but I really don't want to leave the impression that this looks like every other mod out there I am also willing to learn how to make sprites myself, I could probably do the base of the gun but shadowing might be a tiny bit problematic

TankDempsey
Forum Regular

Post by TankDempsey » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:31 pm

Here's previews of the remade Ghoul's Forest. ((Still WIP, also the screenies might be a bit dark.))

The safehouse you start in...

The forest...

The old campsite...

Really gonna feature some dymanic lighting now. ((I still need a good water texture though.))

Textures used:
Ghoul 3 (low res) textures and Resident Evil 4 textures.
Last edited by TankDempsey on Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Find me online in-game as Mario

TheCubasy

Post by TheCubasy » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:10 am

Nice job, it's looking good tank in other news I don't know if I have stated this or not but I added the machete into the game.

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:19 am

Okay so I was wondering if anyone can contribute a map to go into the main wad/pk3, also it must match that of Cubasy's or my level of mapping (Not that I am that great heh) I've got 2 more maps lined up I have asked cubasy to re-make Shi no numa while I am focusing on bringing back Undead Aerospace Corporation, also does anyone happen to have a copy of it? I am not sure if it was released or not in the past I've been here since 0.5, another change I have is that I added more people into the credits such as FireFox from SCP CB forums the one who made the music for my maps if you remember correctly aside from that there are now more pack a punched weapons in the game, they still pretty much need tweaking, more damage and what not.
Last edited by NachtIntellect on Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheCubasy

Post by TheCubasy » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:06 pm

Check the op for the upcoming build guys, sorry I couldn't copy and paste it here but I pretty much have the sprites I need for the raygun and better sprites for The Luger, it's mainly changing the hands but I fear I did a pretty horrible job, I am thinking of adding in someone to the team who knows about acs way more than I, Cubasy has once again become unresponsive and I feel like I've pretty much been a burden to him asking him all these questions about acs, lol I can make changes to the acs currently in game because I understand how most of it works, but I wouldn't have the foggiest about writing a script.

Edit: I also added a poll I am thinking of scrapping the sprinting system as I already have trouble trying to get away from zombies and often get trapped in corners, however I am leaving the decision up to you guys.

Edit2: Prior to 0.8 release (Still need to get some things working first) I will be working on and releasing a lite version, this means that instead of using so many dynamic lights and flashy effects, this will be replaced by brightening the sectors, all client-side effect and some frame rate drop effects for low spec computers will be removed.

Angel_Neko_X
Forum Regular

Post by Angel_Neko_X » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:02 pm

Im still waiting for a screenshot or video of the progress guys, meanwhile, in this project, I'll stop working on the decorate for now, in the 3d rips sprites. Also for the hands, I hope someone can make them more. (And also, black gloves in duke hands because I like the Duke hands, it fits well with my rips sometimes.

Showcase of my second "hell on earth" theme map.
phpBB [video]
The [video] tag is deprecated, please use the [media] tag

TheCubasy

Post by TheCubasy » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:09 am

Yeah sorry about that, I have some screenshot but their a few days old, I started hammering into the mod fixing up all the little things, balancing new weapons I've even updated the hud because someone found the bullet lines "Too boring", I am still not taking them out, it's not my work to do so, besides this is Nazi Zombies not black ops 1 or 2 zombies but incase you don't like counting the lines I've added Drawnumber for the ammo in the weapon.

I really want everything to be ready for the release next week, I am doing my best to prove that I was the right choice to lead the project, that aside I still haven't heard back from Cubasy after I asked him to start on Shi No Numa but I might end up adding more than 5 maps to this mod and fusion is a pretty good candidate, there are some things I'll have to fix though once I extract the data from my hard drive I should probably fix up the bridge, otherwise Zombies get stuck up there, Since the Jumpdown flag isn't compatible with Zandronum I might have to find a way to hack it.

Edit: Also, we are now looking into getting a new spriter, someone who can expand Joey's current sheet of hands and design a few new centered weapons from the mod, I will show you the hands sheet when I release the PK3 this saturday
Last edited by TheCubasy on Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.