[0.7.3] Nazi Zombies: Doom Edition

Old stuff gets archived here.

Should I add sprinting into NZ:DE?

Poll ended at Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:40 am

Total votes: 0

TheCubasy

[0.7.3] Nazi Zombies: Doom Edition

Post by TheCubasy » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:56 am

WhiteAce And Shiga have been given permission to take over the mod, Cubasy is still free to give Acs advice

So yeah, I got a message a while back, asking whether or not the project is still alive or not. And yes, it is.

For those of you who don't know already, this mod pretty much tries to recreate the infamous Nazi Zombies gamemode in Doom, keeping as many of the core features as intact as possible. It's been in development for... a year, at this point, with little work getting done, but I'm hoping the development time will speed up after next week (when summer break finally starts.)

Anyway, I'll get straight to the point: the gameplay. If you've played World at War's Nazi Zombies, then this will look very familiar. So the idea of the game is to team up with up to three other players (or just... play with yourself...) and survive for as long as possible against a giant-ass horde of zombies... that happen to be Nazis... Nothing worse than an undead Nazi, let me tell you. The game's segmented into "waves," so pretty much you're trying to survive as many waves as possible (however, there is an optional "timed" gameplay mode called "Hell on Earth," but it's still experimental.) The first few waves start off easy: a couple of slow-moving zombies with barely any health. But the difficulty quickly increases after the first few waves: zombies will come in larger hordes, move faster, and having an increase in health. But fortunately, killing zombies will award you with "points," which you can subsequently use to purchase new weapons, open new rooms, etc.

But yeah, most likely, you already know what Nazi Zombies is, so I don't need to explain it. Here's a bunch of useless information about the mod, instead:
Spoiler: Latest build (Open)
The current version edited by WhiteAce from 0.7 is Fix2, he has decided to continue working on bugfixes and add what little he can to it

Note: The menu isn't finished yet. It's really shitty looking, yes, I'll fix it later, and you can only play on Nacht Der Untoten and Blood Party. Other maps are there as place-holders.
NaziZombiesFix2: http://www.mediafire.com/download/mzbnh ... esFix2.pk3
NaziZombies_MapsFix2: http://www.mediafire.com/download/sr7s9 ... psFix2.wad
Spoiler: Upcoming build Fix 3 (Open)
Done:
-Added in Machete, PAP Nailgun, PAP Thompson, PAP Luger, PAP Kar98K, PAP Gewehr, PAP M1A1 Carbine, Raygun, Glock 18 and more last stand weapons (Even though it's not currently working)
-Updated Map03, New room for circling around till the mystery box is finished, more mystery box weapons, new room with Browning, added in music, have fun finding it and I hope you don't cheat in order to, plus added detail to the map, added Machete in power room, machete is 2.5x as powerful as the knife
-Updated the code for springfield
-Added Sbarinfo to several weapons, such are Raygun, PAP Thompson, PAP Nailgun
-Code for 2 zombies to spawn has been put in, however it has issues so I'll put off implementing the system for now.
-updated code for PAP Weapons
-updated the browning m1919, now fires slightly slower this is to reduce the feeling of the player running out of ammo too quickly
-made it possible for players to see the second player's allotted cash/points
-perk machine actors are now solid
-fixed up the glock 18 and double barreled shotgun, matching sprites are now available for both
-Weapon Balancement for fire-rate
-Perks, yes they actually don't take more money then they should if the player hold the use button down for a single tic, instead it now waits after the player has bought it, you can buy them if you have them in your inventory already but would you really want to?
-Raygun now has full splash damage when the player fires at a monster or shootable object, walls, ceiling and etc
-Added new decorations, such as the Zombie head and Zombie statue
-Began working on the rift gun, the aim of this gun is to fire
a projectile that stays at one spot, pulling actors towards it and giving them some serious damage for 10 seconds
-Added new wallitem textures for mappers such are Nailgun, Glock 18, .357 Magnum, Maxammo, Nuke, Luger, PPSH-41, Machete and bouncing betty (These were made by WhiteAce who feels they aren't as great as cubasy's but still work
-Powerups now expire after about 45 seconds
-Changed the hud system, allwhile ammobars are still there players will now be able to see numbers for their ammocount

This will be released next week after I have finished ironing out even more bugs and reduced the file size

To be done for future release possibly Fix 4 (or 0.7.4)
-Finish the game over screen and whatever bugs are currently present in it
-Fix up ammobars in hud, properly aligning them all
-Finish up crossbow code
-Fix the Quick revive system
-Begin work on Undead Aerospace Corparation plus add it into the main pk3
-Add in Perk jingles to be played at a random time
-Add in nuke, Bren code, Type 100 code, Arisaka code, Sterling L2A3, Nambu and type 99
-Finish the rift gun and add it into the game (Might need a new name)
Plus anything extra that needs fixing.

Anyway current features... This is what I can remember off the top of my head:
-Added Luger, Nailgun (NEW!), Thundergun (This has placeholder sprites at the moment and looks like the nailgun, players should be able to tell the difference however) into the game, I still believe that the luger looks a little big and rather mismatches with the sprites
-MaxAmmo now actually gives ammo, I've pretty much done it the messy way but it works and no script errors are present, however this only gives it to one player at the moment
-Fixed MG42's Fire.Doubletap, should no longer be firing single shots while Double-tap is in inventory
-tweaked MG42's reloading and reloading.speedreload, Reloading takes longer
-Added ammo count and weapon name to the hud for several weapons, such are: Panzerscreck, Luger, DualColt45s, Nailgun, Thundergun
-Added Fire.Doubletap to several weapons, tweaked fire.doubletap so weapons have just that little more power while Doubletap is in the players inventory
-Added several new textures, including ones from skulltag in order to break away from using Skulltag_Data (Could someone help me identify who made them so I can give credit?)
-Merged Map03 "Blood Party" into the map wad, the map is made by me and based on Verruckt, it is playable on single player but it has not been multiplayer tested
-Added ThrowMolotov to all weapons in game (Others are still incomplete)
-Fixed ThrowMolotov and ThrowN74ST, players no longer have the ability to throw an infinite amount of either
-Tweaked the damage on the browning, allowing the weapon to inflict more damage
-Added Nuke to zombies picking it up however right now is somewhat pointless
-Added newer guns into MAP02's mystery box, such are: Thundergun, Browning, Luger, Nailgun
Spoiler: Bugs (Open)
I'm too lazy to add every single one right now, but, there are three bugs that I want to make sure everyone knows about in the newest version:
  • Ranks are not preserved from one game to another because of source port limitations (i.e. using the console command "map map02" doesn't preserve global variables.) I'll have to find a fix for it later on, but just keep it in mind for now.
  • The current round/time survived doesn't display properly. Don't know how it broke. I'll fix it.
  • The map uses some textures from skulltag_data.pk3, so, load that as a pwad.
Spoiler: Videos (Open)
phpBB [video]
The [video] tag is deprecated, please use the [media] tag
I apologize in advance for the poor quality of the post. I unfortunately do not have much time on my hands, but I have high hopes that the thread will be given a major overhaul in the near future. I just wanted the mod to be available again as quickly as possible.

Happy zombie-kil
Last edited by TheCubasy on Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Play scary.wad, it's horrifying: http://zandronum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=5289

The one posting on this account is not Cubasy, rather it is WhiteAce.

Nazi Zombies doom edition, fix 3 (or 0.7.3) Will be released next week if all goes well, expect some big changes in Map03

TheCitrusKiwi

Clan: European Legacy
Clan Tag: EL

RE: [New Beta Update] Nazi Zombies: Doom Edition

Post by TheCitrusKiwi » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:59 pm

screenshots would be nice :)

TheCubasy

Post by TheCubasy » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:07 am

TheCitrusKiwi wrote: screenshots would be nice :)
Weird. Didn't get a topic reply notification.
Yeah, I'll post some in a bit. :smile:
Play scary.wad, it's horrifying: http://zandronum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=5289

Nazi Zombies doom edition, fix 3 (or 0.7.3) Will be released next week if all goes well, expect some big changes in Map03

Angel_Neko_X
Forum Regular

Post by Angel_Neko_X » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:12 pm

I've tested the 0.7, it's looks so better but there's no game over stats...
"Swan Fox doesn't like hurting other people, I do!" -Diane "Elliot" McModua (Hotline U.A.C)

TheCubasy

Post by TheCubasy » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:38 pm

Angel_Neko_X wrote: I've tested the 0.7, it's looks so better but there's no game over stats...
I forgot to put it back in when I did the re-coding.

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:58 pm

Sweet, good to see it back Cubasy, and great to see you aswell.

EDIT: alright I have playtested it by myself, I found out somethings you might probably know and might not along with some screenshots of scenery I liked, lets also hope I got this whole spoiler thing right aswell, also I kind of screwed around with my OpenGL settings so those black parts you see on those corners aren't actually meant to be there.
Spoiler: Images (Open)
Bug: Zombies would spawn in here, perhaps you had intended to add stairs but forgot?
Bug: By standing in a certain spot he'd spin around in circles.
Now here are a few things that I like about the scenery as shown in the pictures below:
This one is an outside the map picture just thought i'd say that since I wanted to get a closer look at it:
The moon blended in with all those trees on the skybox looks astonishing:
Spoiler: An Idea (Open)
By tagging this section using The setfade (Fog acs code) and then leaving the other sector untagged or tagged differently from a distance it looks like light coming down, got any ideas from this? I personally think it would look great in the starting room.
Last edited by NachtIntellect on Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Did you just bite me? Come here, I will bite you back bastard.

TheCubasy

Post by TheCubasy » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:48 pm

WhiteAce wrote: Sweet, good to see it back Cubasy, and great to see you aswell.

EDIT: alright I have playtested it by myself, I found out somethings you might probably know and might not along with some screenshots of scenery I liked, lets also hope I got this whole spoiler thing right aswell, also I kind of screwed around with my OpenGL settings so those black parts you see on those corners aren't actually meant to be there.
Spoiler: Images (Open)
Bug: Zombies would spawn in here, perhaps you had intended to add stairs but forgot?
Bug: By standing in a certain spot he'd spin around in circles.
Now here are a few things that I like about the scenery as shown in the pictures below:
This one is an outside the map picture just thought i'd say that since I wanted to get a closer look at it:
The moon blended in with all those trees on the skybox looks astonishing:
Spoiler: An Idea (Open)
By tagging this section using The setfade (Fog acs code) and then leaving the other sector untagged or tagged differently from a distance it looks like light coming down, got any ideas from this? I personally think it would look great in the starting room.
Were you playing in Software or something? There doesn't seem to be any fog in those pictures.
Anyway, most of those bugs you described were already fixed in the new version I'm doing. That fog effect you showed in that last picture I might try out. It sounds like a neat idea.

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:16 am

TheCubasy wrote: Were you playing in Software or something? There doesn't seem to be any fog in those pictures.
Anyway, most of those bugs you described were already fixed in the new version I'm doing. That fog effect you showed in that last picture I might try out. It sounds like a neat idea.
Ah alright cause those bugs were a pain in the ass, I was sitting in the grenade room, I was literally waiting to be eaten by zombies I came back from doing what I had to and seen that I hadn't been killed I looked around and they were stuck there, anyway I wasn't playing in software there is something to do with this computer atm thats why I had screwed around with the OpenGL options in the menu.
EDIT: does that mean there be a V0.7Beta2? I had forgot to ask this.
Last edited by NachtIntellect on Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hece
Forum Regular

Post by Hece » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:28 pm

This mod kicks ass. Though it only has one map.

You should make few changes, for example disable M1 garand reload during clip, and it would be cooler to use panzerfaust than panzershreck.

EDIT:
I modified yestarday a panzerfaust sprite from Wolfenstein:ET Panzerfaust, feel free to use it in your mod. No credit is needed (exept if you want)

[spoiler]Image
Pretty good, isn't it?[/spoiler]
Last edited by Hece on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheCubasy

Post by TheCubasy » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:03 pm

Hece wrote: This mod kicks ass. Though it only has one map.

You should make few changes, for example disable M1 garand reload during clip, and it would be cooler to use panzerfaust than panzershreck.

EDIT:
I modified yestarday a panzerfaust sprite from Wolfenstein:ET Panzerfaust, feel free to use it in your mod. No credit is needed (exept if you want)

[spoiler]Image
Pretty good, isn't it?[/spoiler]
That's actually a pretty decent sprite, I might consider it. I needed another explosive weapon, anyway. I've always loved making explosive-based weaponry.
WhiteAce wrote: EDIT: does that mean there be a V0.7Beta2? I had forgot to ask this.
Yeah, pretty much.

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:12 pm

Explosive you say -starts looking around- say your not a cop are you? i'll buy that from the "mystery box" for 950 dollars.

Wilhelm Wulf

Post by Wilhelm Wulf » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:39 pm

This is really cool, especially since I can't run World at War on my PC.

Though, I did find a couple bugs that I haven't seen listed here yet:

First being that the dark oval overlay thing doesn't seem to fit wide screen resolutions.

The second being that for some reason, when I play, there's PLAYER 4 on the ground.

See:

I'm looking forward to your next update though, this is amazing fun!

-Also, why does it say Nacht der Untoten is on Peleliu? I'm pretty sure it's somewhere in France or Germany.
Last edited by Wilhelm Wulf on Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DevilHunter
Zandronum Tester

Post by DevilHunter » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:11 pm

Things I wanna know.. Why does Player 4 always display in that one spot? I noticed the random weapon box in the cornor is broken. It wants to give me a random weapon, but half the time it says "ACS: I don;t know what FaMas is" or something similer; I guess those are placeholders?

I don't have the game, nor the mod, so I don't know how this Mod is really played in.. what was this mod based off.. Cod4MW2? i dunno

If anything, its pretty fun. but the one map deal is kinda turning me off.. That and the weapons, including the knife feels a bit weak.

TankDempsey
Forum Regular

Post by TankDempsey » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:21 am

Wilhelm Wulf wrote: This is really cool, especially since I can't run World at War on my PC.

Though, I did find a couple bugs that I haven't seen listed here yet:

First being that the dark oval overlay thing doesn't seem to fit wide screen resolutions.

The second being that for some reason, when I play, there's PLAYER 4 on the ground.

See:

I'm looking forward to your next update though, this is amazing fun!

-Also, why does it say Nacht der Untoten is on Peleliu? I'm pretty sure it's somewhere in France or Germany.
I also found a glitch ( I'm pretty sure ) whenever I start a map on ANY difficulty, none of the barricades are boarded up, instead they are wide open forcing me to repair them,
-also yeah, I can tell nacht is not in peleliu, there is no tropical things In NDU

Angel_Neko_X
Forum Regular

Post by Angel_Neko_X » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:08 pm

More one bug, bars won't lower in the start room. You didn't finished NDU yet... there's more bugs in this map yet.

And there no powerups after killing A FEW ZOMBIES
Last edited by Angel_Neko_X on Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Swan Fox doesn't like hurting other people, I do!" -Diane "Elliot" McModua (Hotline U.A.C)

TankDempsey
Forum Regular

Post by TankDempsey » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:39 pm

Image found a FG42 for ya
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... SH#p621607 and a PPSH while browsing the ZDOOM fourms
Last edited by TankDempsey on Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wilhelm Wulf

Post by Wilhelm Wulf » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:40 pm

After playing for a little while longer, I found that sometimes, when a zombie who is tearing at a window, and you shoot it, pushing it away, it won't get come back at the window, but will just stand there trying to attack the window from too far away. Even if another zombie breaks though the window, the one that was pushed away still stands there attacking nothing.

Another thing that I noticed is that occasionally the random box would display nothing, but offer the M1A1 Carbine, and taking it would lose my gun and the console would tell me "I don't know what the M1A1 Carbine is", or something along those lines.

Something else that I found was that if I'm holding some guns, I will trade them away for others, others (pistols, I think) would just add the new gun to my inventory. I was trying to get rid of an empty .357 Magnum, and wound up with 6 guns from the box.

Also, could you please add some more boards to the windows, three of them don't hold for very long at all.

TheCubasy

Post by TheCubasy » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:20 pm

Most of the bugs mentioned have been fixed for the next update, actually.

The floating "Player 4" text, I added a new feature that displays players' names above their head. I coded it wrong, so it glitches out like that. It's been fixed already.

The dark oval thingy... unfortunately, the SetHudSize() function will not work properly with widescreen displays. I'll have to find a way to fix it, maybe by drawing directly in SBARINFO or something, I donno. It does it to me, too. I just got a new widescreen monitor a few days ago.

The World at War multiplayer map, Airfield, was used as the base of Nacht Der Untoten, and Airfield is in fact set in the Peleliu islands. However, the wiki does state that Nacht Der Untoten's location is unknown, so it's a mystery as to where Nacht Der Untoten is really set.

The barricades not being there when you spawn was something I used early-on for testing out the XP system. It's been fixed already.

More maps will come... eventually. Whiteace has got a map or two lined up for me. I believe RagnaDOOM has a few as well. Anyway, the pea-shooter guns, believe it or not, I just fixed it a few minutes ago. I lowered the health of the zombies and increased the damage of all weapons. Submachine guns in particular (and the STG-44.) So now you can kill a zombies in 4-6 shots with an MP40 at... whatever the round equivalent is of 5:00 in Hell on Earth.

That "don't know what Famas is," I have no idea what that is. The mystery box works fine for me, besides the cursed M1A1 Carbine.

Speaking of which, the cursed M1A1 Carbine has been fixed. Stupid typo in the ACS. The .357 Magnum glitch has been fixed as well. I swear it happened to me with another gun as well, so, if you see it happening with any other guns, let me know.

I removed the power-ups. I need sprites for them. The only sprites I do have are for the Max Ammo power-up.

The unopenable bars in the first room... yeah, I never finished that. I'm on it.

At the last second, I added kickback to all weapons, which makes zombies get hit back a little bit when you shoot them. Unfortunately I didn't think about the barricades. So I'll remove the kickback.

I might add 6 boards, I'm not sure.

Also, I don't know if anyone's noticed yet, but weapons can penetrate multiple zombies now. It's really noticeable with the Thompson or Double-Barrel.
found a FG42 for ya
Oh hell yes. I was looking for FG42 sprites just the other day. Awesome, thanks.

ooh, PPSh and Luger sprites, too? Hmm...

Angel_Neko_X
Forum Regular

Post by Angel_Neko_X » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:55 pm

I got a huge project as Swan Fox reboot, so I've tryed the 0.7, it seems piece of cake to use it, im working on my mappack now!
I'll show you the preview when done on Zombies hell

TankDempsey
Forum Regular

Post by TankDempsey » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:56 pm

Psst! Cubsay, I'm still mapping, I'm also working on another map that's a sequel to my first map I donated. (yes another ghouls forest map)
Last edited by TankDempsey on Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.