Why isn't ZDaemon our friend?

Old stuff gets archived here.
Spottswoode
Forum Regular

RE: Why isn't ZDaemon our friend?

Post by Spottswoode » Wed May 22, 2013 11:15 pm

Shane wrote: Yes, people have been banned talking bad about the port ZDaemon in a Quakenet channel, #idl if you want to be specific
I recall Kilgore banning people for "racist names" in private servers. He has a well established reputation for those of us who have been around a while for being an internet nazi. I've advocated total free speech over there many times under the name psichotic and had been threatened with a ban and glined many times. (He also glines people who annoy him without warning.) That being said, he has a moderately well functioning player base. As long as you don't actually use the chat room for non-game related purposes you have nothing to fear. However, if you actually choose to use the chat room to make an offhand comment, particularly one he considers derogatory, you run a fair risk of being punished.
Edit: He also banned Xenaero over there for questioning him.
Last edited by Spottswoode on Wed May 22, 2013 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dirge
(Killed, for now)

The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.

Ru5tK1ng
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by Ru5tK1ng » Thu May 23, 2013 1:16 am

Ænima wrote: I'd like to know more about this "spies" business.

Are there idlers in #zdoom and #zandronum who report any ill-speak of ZDaemon directly to Kilgore? Because that's fucking retarded.
One of the more recent cases in #idl was the presence of a bot that had been in the channel for about 4-5 years. I thought that was rather cute even if there was no evidence (that I know of) that links the bot to ZDaemon.

One of the more infamous and controversial cases of ZD spies stars the one and only Madgunner. It was rather humorous when he would deny being a spy, because he "didn't need to leak shit" from #idl, despite the fact that players would provide logs and instances of information being relayed back to the motherland. When he was finally banned and kept out, the occurrences of logs and leaking decreased.

I can attest to the fact that the current master banlist does not include every single banned individual. Hatred, or Hatedaddy, from [R] was once banned from IRC and had his forum account disabled (I forget why and in which order), but he was able to play on the servers without problem. A bit after that, he stopped playing ZD for several months (3-5 I believe) and eventually when he tried to log in after time had passed, he found out he was master banned (no IP change either). It's safe to say that he was either caught in someone's range or received the gift of a ban for comments made outside of the ZDaemon Empire. The world may never know.

The world will never know how ZD would have turned out if the Administration had consisted of individuals who were good with PR and knew how to deal with such a troublesome community (Multiplayer Doom Community). As someone once put it (Ralphis?), the ZD administration was most concerned with babysitting and censorship. Oh well, it's best to learn from others' mistakes.

I'm certain many ST/Zandro players don't buy into the 'silly' stories of bannings that involve petty grudges, paranoia and insanity. However, I can assure many who are reading that the vast majority of these stores are more truth than fiction. The best way to become a believer is to either observe or experience such a story first hand. Or..., you can simply listen to what what we (former ZDers) have to say about it.

Samurai
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Clan: Lost Faction
Clan Tag: [LF]

Post by Samurai » Thu May 23, 2013 7:40 am

I had Rygrass relay a few logs back to headquatars too, i'm glad he doesn't hang around in that channel anymore.

Code: Select all

00:11  <Jarin_cz>	i am pretty sure i have more doom friends than you

UnTrustable
Forum Regular

Post by UnTrustable » Thu May 23, 2013 8:31 pm

Zeberpal wrote: I could not even make an account in Zdaemon because I was already banned in the future it seems.
Right the same to me. I registrated and never received any mail with a confirmation link or whatsoever, so i left it, and waited, and waited even more.... maybe that said mail came later on or something, but it never came.
So i guess, im not welcome there either.... :razz:

one_Two
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by one_Two » Thu May 23, 2013 8:42 pm

UnTrustable wrote:
Zeberpal wrote: I could not even make an account in Zdaemon because I was already banned in the future it seems.
Right the same to me. I registrated and never received any mail with a confirmation link or whatsoever, so i left it, and waited, and waited even more.... maybe that said mail came later on or something, but it never came.
So i guess, im not welcome there either.... :razz:
It's your name, not great for paranoia.

UnTrustable
Forum Regular

Post by UnTrustable » Sat May 25, 2013 11:10 am

one_Two wrote: It's your name, not great for paranoia.
:biggrin: Indeed, and I KNOW :lol:

But this way, anybody with alittle more intellect sees how moderators or administrators who judge anyone by their names does NOT work...? Well....? It shouldn't work at all that way.
That just shows enough to me about what such a person has to be like.

So, when i said a few posts earlier about KilGore: "I hate him already, and i never knew him. O_o"

I did that with a reason. It is not that i am trolling or some sort, no not at all...
Speaking of making jumpy conclusions, basicly ZDaemon already verdicted me, so why wouldn't I do the same and come up with my own 'jumpy'-conclusions in return? :wink:
I haven't even started the so-called threat towards KilGore or ZDaemon.
Its KilGore or the moderator-ship who started rejecting me because he didn't like the name i choose for myself.
That is, IF! ...the username is indeed the issue here.

And that sounds sooooow absurdly silly :razz: for a reason to reject someone.
But at least my username's hidden agenda works quite well i must say.
At least it shows that Skulltag/Zandronum are way better than ZDaemon is.
Now lets work on the contribution part of what people believe that i havent done.
In the end (i hope) we come to a point where we want to be (together)
with this community :cool:
Last edited by UnTrustable on Sat May 25, 2013 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

UnTrustable
Forum Regular

Post by UnTrustable » Sun May 26, 2013 4:42 pm

I see, well that is a weird uncommon system.
Well, its been along time, and as far as i remember, i couldnt find a way
to contact a moderator nor an administrator.
There was no link to contact them.
Maybe there was a mIrc connection there, i don't know, but im not using
any mIrc.
If THAt is the only way to make contact with them, well, im not interested in ZDaemon, neither will they with me.
So.... no harm done.

Thanks for the info Decay. I can read, but again, its awhile ago, and i dont remember everything well at this time,
But now that you mentioned it, yes there was no email link confirmation, the way that i was used to.

EDIT: I just vaguely remember some password that was TOO LONG, and therefore i wasnt able to log in....
or..... something like that....

Anyways, im not asking for any help, i just let it go.
Last edited by UnTrustable on Sun May 26, 2013 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Virtue

Post by Virtue » Fri May 31, 2013 3:18 am

Ive been playing zdaemon for years and had no problem with it...then again i dont go on the forums or use IRC so that maybe why.

[id]Angel

Post by [id]Angel » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:48 am

darkstar64 wrote: I remember playing Zdaemon a couple years back, but returned to Skulltag when servers wouldn't accept my doom2.wad anymore.
Well on your ZDaemon folder, run iwadpatcher.exe, and then it converts your pirated or old version of your DOOM wad to the new 1.9 version that is nolt pirated.

And oh, look, source-port wars, better grab my popcorn
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Find me ingame as [id]Angel

Mysyk

Clan: 4-bit games
Clan Tag: 4bit

Post by Mysyk » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:33 pm

Neither friend and enemy. Just a "competitor".
The battle has begun. Enemy Titan's shield taking damage.
They are missiling our Titan's shield. Re-activate on Silos.

Konar6
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Konar6 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:21 pm

Way to revive a thread.
Ijon Tichy wrote:I like how your first responses to concerns being raised was to start insulting people, accusing random people on the Internet of being Shadowfox, and digging up irrelevant shit from the past. It really inspires confidence in me that you guys are level-headed and rational folks.

<BlueCool> you guys IQ is the same as my IP, Dynamic

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:24 pm

Konar6 wrote: Way to revive a thread.
Yeah and one that should stay dead...
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

infurnus
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Clan: Unidoom
Clan Tag: UD

Post by infurnus » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:07 am

Whoa, this thread started in September 2012.
Putting this into the archive as a consensus seems to have been met