[DECORATE] Quick question about replacing skulltag items

Discuss all aspects related to modding Zandronum here.
FranckyFox2468
Forum Regular

[DECORATE] Quick question about replacing skulltag items

Post by FranckyFox2468 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:14 am

Let's say i replace a skulltag item, mainly one related to a game mode, like the terminator sphere or the white flag so i can set my own with its own attribute/properties
(like perhaps a flag that acts as a usuable inventory and you can press enter to use and throw it like a projectile, or a terminator sphere that does something different altogheter),
if i keep the spawning id and such relatively the same will the game mode related to this item still behave the same or it will still be looking for the non-existant item?

Cause i recently looked at teaminfo and realized it allowed you to make your own flag actors and i was wondering if it was possible to replace other game mode item for let's see a total overhaul mod.

Empyre
Zandrone

[DECORATE] Re: Quick question about replacing skulltag items

Post by Empyre » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:09 pm

If you don't want to require Skulltag_Content, copy-and-paste what you need (DECORATE, graphics, etc.) into your WAD/PK3, and don't replace or inherit from the original. If you want to look "professional", include things like GLDEFS and DECALDEFS. The ZDoom Wiki will have information on how to do all of this. This is what I did to include the Skulltag weapons in my maps.
"For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky."

FranckyFox2468
Forum Regular

[DECORATE] Re: Quick question about replacing skulltag items

Post by FranckyFox2468 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:46 pm

I don't mind having it, but im wondering if i want to make my own replacement variant of the multiplayer items but with new functions if the game mode will still recognize it