Getting custom ST weapon sprites to load

Discuss all aspects related to modding Zandronum here.
HellBlade64
Forum Regular

Getting custom ST weapon sprites to load

Post by HellBlade64 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:36 am

To clarify, I have my own personal pk3s that contain my favorite parts of other client side mods for sound, sprites and hud.
HellBlade's Custom Shit (HBCS) is one of multiple of this amalgamations I have sloppily thrown together.
HBCS' sounds and sprites (sans the odaflags) are from Super Skulltag Lite.
The internal organization comes from my old ass mod VanillaSTCoop.

The most damning part of this is that if loaded any way outside the skins folder the custom sprites load.
But loading my mod from the skins folder and getting the custom ST weapon sprites to work is completely and utterly frustrating.
I got it to work fine with an older version of the same mod, and I'm just trying to update the hud.
But if I shift even one file, change a sprite, so much as BREATHE on it wrong the sprites don't load.

The non-working file (hbcsv7.pk3)

The working one (sst_lite_v2_unofficial.pk3)

And just to add to this clusterfuck of confusion, vanillastcooplitev10.pk3, which uses the SAME EXACT internal structure as hbcs down to the folder names loads JUST FINE from the skins folder, displaying the X-Offset modified ST weapons.

I am at the literal end of sanity and patience.
If anyone has a solution for this (maybe my internal structure has some obscure and stupid part in this) PLEASE by all means tell me.

Empyre
Zandrone

Re: Getting custom ST weapon sprites to load

Post by Empyre » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:26 pm

You have stuff in the root folder of your pk3 that shouldn't be. This should help:
https://zdoom.org/wiki/Using_ZIPs_as_WAD_replacement
"For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky."