[DECORATE] Things only visible in First/Third person?

Discuss all aspects related to modding Zandronum here.
FranckyFox2468
Forum Regular

[DECORATE] Things only visible in First/Third person?

Post by FranckyFox2468 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:43 pm

Is it possible to make certain things/actors only visible in the first person or third person view respectively?

Cause i heard the mode Quake Champion: Doom Edition managed to pull it off but i have absolutely no idea how they did so, and i never heard of another mod pulling this off, so hard to tell if there is something else that can be checked for reference.

Its mostly to make unique entities/particles to only be visible to a calling player or such.

guest6777

Clan: Dom Pedro II
Clan Tag: [DPII]

[DECORATE] Re: Things only visible in First/Third person?

Post by guest6777 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:35 pm

i thinks no

Fused
Contributor

Post by Fused » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:21 pm

Depents what you want. Mods like Samsara do the same, and out of my head I assume they spawn some client variant to show the weapon, unless it uses some special way that isn't this. You can't really do this with monsters as their angle and pitch will adjust.

So in the particles' case, you can do this by calling a script that checks for the cvar that tracks player's perspective, and adjust with the result accordingly.
My mods
Image Image

My socials
Image Image

FranckyFox2468
Forum Regular

Post by FranckyFox2468 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:32 am

Fused wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:21 pm
Depents what you want. Mods like Samsara do the same, and out of my head I assume they spawn some client variant to show the weapon, unless it uses some special way that isn't this. You can't really do this with monsters as their angle and pitch will adjust.

So in the particles' case, you can do this by calling a script that checks for the cvar that tracks player's perspective, and adjust with the result accordingly.
And what Cvar may that be?