[ACS] (re)starting a new round in an ACS/Custom game mode?

Discuss all aspects related to modding Zandronum here.
FranckyFox2468
Forum Regular

[ACS] (re)starting a new round in an ACS/Custom game mode?

Post by FranckyFox2468 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:48 am

You know how when a round of a certain game mode ends, like Last man Standing for instance, everything resets once a point has been scored. My question is, in the case of a custom game mode, how would you make a such thing happen?

jdagenet
Forum Regular
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: A3

[ACS] Re: (re)starting a new round in an ACS/Custom game mode?

Post by jdagenet » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:59 am

You'd basically have to code a gamemode from scratch that would have state resets, sanity checks, and things like that. Basically an emulation of the hardcoded behavior. As far as resetting monsters and things like that you're unable to do in ACS alone, that's completely dependent on the hardcoded gamemode behavior.
<Dynamo_>uh
<Dynamo_>did you just take the thread away
<FusedQyou>Dunno
<FusedQyou>ask the thread

Konda
Forum Regular

Post by Konda » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:42 am

There is a mod called Level Master that kinda resets the level to its original state after a custom countdown reaches zero. Maybe look into that.

FranckyFox2468
Forum Regular

Post by FranckyFox2468 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:49 pm

jdagenet wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:59 am
You'd basically have to code a gamemode from scratch that would have state resets, sanity checks, and things like that. Basically an emulation of the hardcoded behavior. As far as resetting monsters and things like that you're unable to do in ACS alone, that's completely dependent on the hardcoded gamemode behavior.
I suppose i have to define that with the "game mode" lump? Because i was actually wondering if the map reset is enabled, if it does it whenever a team score of it it has to manuall be enabled with a script call. The latter would be the best.