[MAPPING] TF2 styled KOTH/Control points that monsters can contest?

Discuss all aspects related to modding Zandronum here.
FranckyFox2468
Forum Regular

[MAPPING] TF2 styled KOTH/Control points that monsters can contest?

Post by FranckyFox2468 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:44 pm

I've been trying to look for references for TF2 style control points, but so far i haven't been able to find a good reference or script on doing something similar.

I guess you could say i could use the built in "domination" game mode but 1. i haven't been able to find any maps to test how it works, 2. its mostly for team play games. And im not even sure you can do contesting in this.

And regardless, one thing i want to do is for certain game modes, have control points being able to be contested by enemy monsters, or even captured by them for PVE game modes. Like the players have to capture an objective to proceed while monsters attacks them.

I did try to do some research but all i found were broken links and some references to the "king of the hill" tv show. Figured you guys might be able to help.

EDIT: Ended up finding some domination maps... but its more of a "finders keepers" type of deal that you don't need to actually capture and can neither contest, and could not be used in co-op so...

jwaffe
Forum Regular

[MAPPING] Re: TF2 styled KOTH/Control points that monsters can contest?

Post by jwaffe » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:41 pm

If you just want a reference on how to do TF2-like Capture Point in Doom, MajorSlime made something similar to that with his Capture Point mod: https://zandronum.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 202#p76093

The points are only activated by players, and the mod is still made for team games only, so it's not exactly what you're looking for, but it might be something to get you started at least.

FranckyFox2468
Forum Regular

Post by FranckyFox2468 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:52 pm

I played around with it, and i guess it could be indeed a starting point but ill need to look deeper into it cause i can't tell why but the mod can be INCREDIBLY laggy at times, to points where it can become unplayable

Combinebobnt
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Combinebobnt » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:41 pm

arctangent made one too. it worked at least

FranckyFox2468
Forum Regular

Post by FranckyFox2468 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:00 pm

Combinebobnt wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:41 pm
arctangent made one too. it worked at least
If you could share where to find it, it would be nice as i can't seem to see it anywhere.

Also, i tried playing around MajorSlime's version and while its interesting, i can't seem to be able to edit it properly. I guess its because of my lacking ACS skills but i can't seem to be able to disable this team select thing for if i wanna make a map with default zandro team selecting.