Need suggestions for a minigame wad I'm making

Discuss all aspects related to modding Zandronum here.
buu342

Need suggestions for a minigame wad I'm making

Post by buu342 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:29 pm

Hey there!
I'm making a WarioWare esque doom wad right now, and I need some ideas for minigame events.

For those who aren't aware, WarioWare is a round based game where players try to complete a task in order to gain a point. Players with the most points in the end win.

I want to have as many events as possible, and I want to have a lot of Doom themed events, as in related to the Doom community or the game itself, but also some extra random ones. I wanted it to serve as a small collection of famous events or wads during Doom's History.

Video of current work (not everything is shown as the events are randomized):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbT_RT0 ... e=youtu.be

Here are the ones programmed/planned so far:

[spoiler]The Floor is Lava
Survive the Cyberdemon
Survive against the Jitterskulls (Teleports you to a forest where you must survive against the ghoul from Ghouls Forest 3, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rphe8-Kqz44)
Shoot a Barrel
Stop moving
Keep moving
Enter a door
Clean your pistol (Extreme Weapons Pack https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqzKk2PZxGQ, spam left click to keep the animation going)
Blow Your Brains Out (The Room's Pistol http://www.moddb.com/mods/room)
Hit The Target
Reach the End (Car Racing, similar to Doom Center)
Reach the End (Teleports you to an arena where the floor keeps disappearing/reappearing. reach the end)
Collect a specific key (blue red or yellow)
Reach the End (Teleports you to a trap room)
Stay Off The Ground (jump or rocket jump)
Stay On The Ground (don't jump or rocket jump, you can screw others by shooting rockets at them)
Duck the projectiles
Evade the Archviles (pillars raise up and you need to survive getting caught on fire)
Falcon Punch (you are given a fist which takes a second to activate, but instant kills the opponent)
Kill an opponent (Using an SSG)
Reach the end (slope with rocks falling)
Equip your WEAPON_NAME_HERE
Touch the Sky (gravity is set to 0 and you have to jump in time to reach as high as the map allows)
Evade the Kamikazi (spawns an exploding enemy)
Collect 10 rings (teleports you to a sonic level)
Fight to the death (boxing). 1 point per kill
Drink (cola weapon. Left click)
Survive a Terry trap
Save Hissy (Get to Hissy at the end of the map while avoiding Linguica)
Shoot a duck (Duck Hunt Style)
Kill Ned Flanders (Ultimate Simpson Doom)
Kill John Romero
Storm The Beach (Saving Private Ryan)
Reach the end (VOID)
Meet the worm (MassMouth)

User Suggestions:
scifista42 - Kart race in E1M1's acid zig-zag
Ichor - Cross the road (chicken)
Kapanyo - Reach the End (The chasm)
Kapanyo - Don't fall off (push other players with a rocket launcher)
Kapanyo - Shotgun Search (Fight in a super dark area. Minigame involving quick reflexes as players won't be visible until really close, or when they shoot)
VGA - Follow the Light (Ceiling crusher with light telling you where to go to not get killed)
Ichor - Swim Up to freedom
Ichor - Jump over the Hurdle
Ichor - Fall off a plataform into an open area with a little area that's covered in water, but everything surrounding it is lava. Land in the water
Ichor - Don't Get Wet (Umbrella in the map that you must get to before the rain falls)
Ichor - Caco Phony (three cacodemons, one is fake. Ball under a cup street game, but with teleporters.)[/spoiler]

Any more ideas are welcome. The more Doom-y the better!

Remember, I'm looking for short, quick paced games that require you to pick up the rules in a second and try not to fail within the next second.
Remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.

Gul Dukat
Banned
Banned: Permanently

Re: Need suggestions for a minigame wad I'm making

Post by Gul Dukat » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:14 pm

Hate to rain on your idea but this sounds a lot like StupidLMS and Icon Of Party. But hey, if you can out perform those wads, I'll play your wad.

buu342

Post by buu342 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:29 pm

Gul Dukat wrote:Hate to rain on your idea but this sounds a lot like StupidLMS and Icon Of Party. But hey, if you can out perform those wads, I'll play your wad.
It's not quite. I haven't played them myself, but they seem to be one long minigame per map. This wad consists of one single map with many minigames integrated into it. The minigames can last from 2 to 10 seconds at the most, and are thrown one after the other. The rules have to be learned very quickly as the minigame will end soon. As the gamemode progresses, the game and it's minigames become shorter and more fast paced, creating a massive clusterfuck that tests your reaction time and wits.

Like I said, there's a video on the OP of what has been done so far. I've already integrated some new minigames to the ones in the video, and am currently working on the racing ones.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbT_RT0 ... e=youtu.be

ImageImageImageImageImage
Remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.

Combinebobnt
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Combinebobnt » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:07 am

this looks like it could be extremely fun just make sure it can work with a ton of players (64 plz)