- The ZDoom Wiki - This is your best friend. Use it well. Below are some quick links if you're too lazy to search.
- http://zdoom.org/wiki/Slope - Slope usage
- http://zdoom.org/wiki/Stacked_sectors - Stacked sectors AKA look-only portals between two sectors
- Note: Zandronum does not support defining portals via linedef specials!
- http://zdoom.org/wiki/ACS - ACS hub page
- http://zdoom.org/wiki/Built-in_ACS_functions - ACS functions, ACS-only (obviously enough)
- http://zdoom.org/wiki/DECORATE - DECORATE hub page
- http://zdoom.org/wiki/3D_middle_texture - 3dmidtex usage
- http://zdoom.org/wiki/Sector_specials - Sector specials
- http://zdoom.org/wiki/Action_specials - Action specials, can be used via DECORATE, ACS, and linedefs
- http://zdoom.org/wiki/Classes - Class lists
- http://zdoom.org/wiki/Classes:Doom - Doom II classes
- http://zdoom.org/wiki/Classes:ZDoom - ZDoom-specific classes
- http://zdoom.org/wiki/Classes:Skulltag - Zandronum-specific classes
Map creating tools:
- Doom Builder 1 - There still are people who use the first one. Doom Builder 2 - The most used map creator around. For more information on the plug-ins click this link.
WAD/PK3 editing tools:
- SLADE 3 - Best WAD/PK3 editor around (It's basically SlumpEd & XWE together and a lot more).
- eXtendable Wad Editor (XWE)
(I've put these here too, just in case.)
Image editing tools:
- GIMP - A free alternative to Photoshop.
- Paint.NET - Another alternative, it resembles Windows Paint, but is more advanced.
Sound editing/creation tools:
- ACC ACS Compiler 1.55 (Windows)
SVN Builds (Warning!! Use them at your own risk!):
- Doom Builder 2 SVN
- SLADE 3 SVN
- ACC ACS Compiler SVN
Doom Builder 2 Configurations:
Also the Editing sub-forum is here, so if you're having trouble with stuff, then feel free to create a thread or go to our editing channel #zamapping and request help there.
If you have any useful links, then please post them in this thread. I'll try to update this with more stuff later.