[MAPPING] [Solved] Slope Issues

Discuss all aspects related to modding Zandronum here.
sshrugg
New User

[MAPPING] [Solved] Slope Issues

Post by sshrugg » Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:25 pm

This is my first foray into editing since the 90s using DOS editors. This stuff is pretty neat!

I'm using Ultimate Doom Builder.

I have been having issues with a level using slopes and 3d floors to create a beveled area. Looking into this on my own, I learned how to align control sectors and set plane align linedefs to set the slope for the upper part of the beveled area.

The bottom part is set with a slope thing on the playable sector. Here is the result

In the editor, the area above this, where the players start looks pretty trashy, so I use the hotkey in Ultimate Doom Builder to turn off enhanced rendering so that I can see the player starts
Enhanced Rendering On

Enhanced Rendering Off

It plays great in Zandronum, so I was pretty happy. Here's a WAD : Working.WAD

Then I continued to edit the level and add monsters / other details. Eventually the thing borked, and I can not find the reason. Here is my current busted WAD, where it is rendering in game the nasty way that it looks in enhanced rendering mode : Broken.WAD

Why did this work before, and then break? What can I do to fix it? Pretty lost. Thanks in advance for anybody who finds the time to add your 2 cents
Last edited by sshrugg on Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

sshrugg
New User

[MAPPING] Re: (Not) the usual slope questions

Post by sshrugg » Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:46 am

This issue is solved. I had the set floor slope thing on a linedef between two sectors. It should be placed in the center of the sector.