[Mapping/ACS]Seeking some map/acs editing help

Discuss all aspects related to modding Zandronum here.
Espio
Forum Regular

[Mapping/ACS]Seeking some map/acs editing help

Post by Espio » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:08 pm

Soooo.. I'm quite unsure how to explain this properly but, since last week I had the idea of making a map patch for Aow that added in old and classic maps from r2539 and r1152 in-case any old vets missed those maps or to give some more options to the other players.

well.. editing in spawn rooms and moving them to their needed locations went smooth as butter, now though I pretty much wanna tear my hair out on why ACS is doing this one specific annoying thing on most classic/old maps. I'm incredibly unsure if this is because of Zandronum or it's just the way some maps are.

Right so, say you had Theta, or the commonly named 2.1 version from the Funcrusher site. Loading up say, aow09 or 10 and picking a class makes ACS spit out "I don't know what is". This applies to mechs too and res is the same except you don't actually get anything to research.

Add-ons have unbuyable prices too, but plasma/beacons are normal. Completely removing a map's behavior lump makes the ACS based terminals and mechs/research work normally, but.. having a behavior lump is kinda important for all these maps.

I tried doing what Dusk's maps did seeing how both of them work as intended without any changes, importing two .acs source files and then compiling but I still run into the same wall and I just can't understand this at all. I don't need a mapinfo lump I'm sure, some classic maps work perfectly fine, but some just don't want to. Any ideas? :question: :question:

jdagenet
Forum Regular
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: A3

Re: [Mapping/ACS]Seeking some map/acs editing help

Post by jdagenet » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:54 pm

As I said to you earlier in the servers, 2.1 is broken in Zandronum, and there’s no way to fully fix these issues without an ACS source (which 2.1 doesn’t have).
<Dynamo_>uh
<Dynamo_>did you just take the thread away
<FusedQyou>Dunno
<FusedQyou>ask the thread

Catastrophe
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Catastrophe » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:34 pm

Basically the help you are asking for won't happen on a whim, it's very annoying and difficult to fix as I've had the pleasure of doing it already. Half the reason we even have 2.2 is because I spent hours upon hours fixing stuff like that.

To summarize: not worth it unless you pay someone.

NachtIntellect
Forum Regular

Post by NachtIntellect » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:47 am

Espio wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:08 pm
Soooo.. I'm quite unsure how to explain this properly but, since last week I had the idea of making a map patch for Aow that added in old and classic maps from r2539 and r1152 in-case any old vets missed those maps or to give some more options to the other players.

well.. editing in spawn rooms and moving them to their needed locations went smooth as butter, now though I pretty much wanna tear my hair out on why ACS is doing this one specific annoying thing on most classic/old maps. I'm incredibly unsure if this is because of Zandronum or it's just the way some maps are.

Right so, say you had Theta, or the commonly named 2.1 version from the Funcrusher site. Loading up say, aow09 or 10 and picking a class makes ACS spit out "I don't know what is". This applies to mechs too and res is the same except you don't actually get anything to research.

Add-ons have unbuyable prices too, but plasma/beacons are normal. Completely removing a map's behavior lump makes the ACS based terminals and mechs/research work normally, but.. having a behavior lump is kinda important for all these maps.

I tried doing what Dusk's maps did seeing how both of them work as intended without any changes, importing two .acs source files and then compiling but I still run into the same wall and I just can't understand this at all. I don't need a mapinfo lump I'm sure, some classic maps work perfectly fine, but some just don't want to. Any ideas? :question: :question:
To be honest I've had something similar to a mystery box script and I've tried everything under the moon to fix it I always get the same error and since it uses multiple strings and since I've checked them all even excluding the string (Somehow still shows up as the same weapon "M1A1 Carbine" for this instance) it says it doesn't know from the array, does this class system have arrays by any chance and if so can you tell me how many strings there are in this array?

Espio
Forum Regular

Post by Espio » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:45 pm

Catastrophe wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:34 pm
Basically the help you are asking for won't happen on a whim, it's very annoying and difficult to fix as I've had the pleasure of doing it already. Half the reason we even have 2.2 is because I spent hours upon hours fixing stuff like that.

To summarize: not worth it unless you pay someone.
I see then. Bravo for your dedication though spending hours fixing it up.
WhiteAce wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:47 am
To be honest I've had something similar to a mystery box script and I've tried everything under the moon to fix it I always get the same error and since it uses multiple strings and since I've checked them all even excluding the string (Somehow still shows up as the same weapon "M1A1 Carbine" for this instance) it says it doesn't know from the array, does this class system have arrays by any chance and if so can you tell me how many strings there are in this array?
Not sure, there's probably shitloads though in the source from Omega beta v15 and unfortunately as Cata stated, it's not worth the trouble having to fix almost every single bit of the code up. Ah well, that was better than being left with nothing and constantly wondering why on earth some maps worked and some didn't.