"botcmd_LookForWeapons: Illegal Item Index 32768" Error when using my own bots

Discuss all aspects related to modding Zandronum here.
PlutonianEmpire
New User

"botcmd_LookForWeapons: Illegal Item Index 32768" Error when using my own bots

Post by PlutonianEmpire » Fri May 26, 2017 5:13 am

Specifically, I'm using my own bots for my offline server matches, and I am trying to make them workable with Brutal Doom and its weapon selection, so they can use the Hellish Missiles, the hand grenades, and FlameGun. A few minutes into a match on E4M5, I got kicked when the error happened. The game still kept running otherwise. When I looked in the server window in Dookseeker, the entire bot list was cleared out, in addition to me having been kicked.

However, even before I started creating my own bots, the default ones only ever used the Assault Rifle in Brutal Doom. How can I fix these?

Another problem I've been having is that custom skin sets won't appear in Brutal Doom 20b. How do I get them to show up, especially so bots can use them as well?

Empyre
Zandrone

Re: "botcmd_LookForWeapons: Illegal Item Index 32768" Error when using my own bots

Post by Empyre » Fri May 26, 2017 6:15 am

I think Brutal Doom uses your sprite to show other players what weapon you are holding, so it can't allow custom skins.
"For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky."

PlutonianEmpire
New User

Re: "botcmd_LookForWeapons: Illegal Item Index 32768" Error when using my own bots

Post by PlutonianEmpire » Fri May 26, 2017 7:06 am

That makes sense then, about the skins. Thanks. :)