Possible to get the numbers on the scoreboard via ACS?

Discuss all aspects related to modding Zandronum here.
t3hplayer

Possible to get the numbers on the scoreboard via ACS?

Post by t3hplayer » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:48 am

I have a plan to do some updates to Shotgun Frenzy where the scoring is based on damage done instead of number / type of monsters killed.

However, I'm having trouble figuring out how to do it. Right now, my working plan is to configure Zandronum to award points based on damage done instead of based on kills ( SV_AwardDamageInsteadKills ). That way, Zandronum does all the grunt work of knowing how much damage each player has done, and all I have to do is grab each player's score and compute based on that.

However, I think it's still not possible to get the numbers from the scoreboard into an ACS variable? I was hoping that it was possible via APROP_Score, but from what I've read, that score variable isn't synced to anything and is just a counter to be used by mods.

So, is there a way to do this? Alternately, is there any other non-hackish way to just determine how much damage each player has done, in total, to all monsters?

Thanks!

Catastrophe
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Re: Possible to get the numbers on the scoreboard via ACS?

Post by Catastrophe » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:50 am

To put it simply, no. There was talks of a revamped scoreboard system that let ACS access it but that disappeared.

Torr Samaho
Lead Developer

Re: Possible to get the numbers on the scoreboard via ACS?

Post by Torr Samaho » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:31 am

Catastrophe wrote:To put it simply, no. There was talks of a revamped scoreboard system that let ACS access it but that disappeared.
Anybody feel free to revive the corresponding ticket or create a new one. IMO we really should give mods the ability to access the scores, it's just a matter to agree on a future proof interface.