1-0-5

Tenchu
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Clan: Lost Faction
Clan Tag: LF

Re: WEEK 7 - The IFL Eurobowl III [Sep 26 - Oct 9] Discussion/Results

Post by Tenchu » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:17 am

What an excellent finals map. 8)

This particular finals matchup is interesting. On paper, both teams are rock solid, but for different reasons. LCS is a well-rounded fragging powerhouse team capable of mowing down competition on frag-heavy maps, while LPN has very experienced players in established positions making them a little more adaptable across the map spectrum. That being said, with this matchup taking place on one of the oldest maps in modern Doom CTF, it's going to be LPN's collective experience and reliance on set positions that's going to give them the edge here.

RosKing and Dragon together is a nasty combination on this map, as they simply out-class everyone else here. They're both world-class runners on this map, and are also both extremely powerful defenders so they can mix up their lineup without sacrificing any momentum to really throw off LCS to make it that much more difficult for them. Add in Moti's powerful mid presence to assist them on defense, and they've got a stone-wall defense with a powerful solo offense to boot that's going to make things quite challenging for LCS.

However, LCS is no slouch of a team either with an enormous amount of potential. HumanBones is one of the most legendary players of the Skulltag/ZDaemon era, and will prove to be the most valuable asset for them on this map. D'Sparil is also one of the best defenders of the new Zandronum generation with an aimbot for a wrist that won't be beaten easily. Who their third is and how they strategize their lineups is going to be the biggest factor in how this grand finale goes. If they hunker down and practice a great deal to come up with some interesting strategies, they could give LPN a real run for their money. In the end, though, the well-prepared LPN lineup is going to overwhelm them on this timeless map.

3-1-1 LPN

Tenchu

Post by Tenchu » Thu Oct 06, 2016 4:50 am

Hey guys, let's see some predictions! Let's try and build up as much hype for this game as we can.

Also - Dragon/Sparil: How about a gametime, eh? :)

Dragon
Forum Regular

Post by Dragon » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:54 pm

Ten wrote:Hey guys, let's see some predictions! Let's try and build up as much hype for this game as we can.

Also - Dragon/Sparil: How about a gametime, eh? :)
This is gonna be extended until the point where OJ has a stable enough condition to play.
EDIT: Which is after WDL's finals.
EDIT2: GAME IS ACTUALLY SCHEDULED FOR SUNDAY, OCTOBER 30TH @ 4:00 PM GMT

Tenchu

Post by Tenchu » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:33 pm

Ten wrote:3-1-1 LPN
Darn, one number off. I was pretty close though. GGs to both teams, it was an intense match-up with all four games going the full 10 minutes each.

Game 1: Tie 2-2

Game 2: LPN wins 2-0

Game 3: LPN wins 4-2

Game 4: LPN wins 3-1

Final score: 3-0-1 LPN

Congrats Dragon, RosKing and Moti! You guys played well, enjoy your rings. :)

Side note: An interesting statistic shows that LCS out-fragged LPN 3 of the 4 games, as well as out-fragging them overall. However even with that being the case, LPN still out-scored LCS more than 2-to-1. Just goes to show; play smart, not hard.

Combinebobnt

Re: WEEK 7 - The IFL Eurobowl III [Sep 26 - Oct 30] Discussion/Results

Post by Combinebobnt » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:58 pm

flags over frags?

Moti
Forum Regular

Re: WEEK 7 - The IFL Eurobowl III [Sep 26 - Oct 30] Discussion/Results

Post by Moti » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:46 pm

GGs LCS!
I really feel like this tournament and especially the constant work with Dragon and Rosking helped me figure out a lot of things I do wrong while playing, helping me improve overall.
At first I thought I'd really just get carried but that was not the case as I really think we had great teamwork through 95% of the games (there was one loss at the early weeks that was mostly my fault, but I redeemed myself since).
Maybe this will give me some motivation to actually show up in priv games more than once in a month :P
See ya'll at the next season of IFL o/