Banned for no apparent reason

Discuss master server operations and talk about your server clusters here.

Moderator: Master Server Staff

raziel_br
New User

Banned for no apparent reason

Post by raziel_br » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:59 pm

Tried to play zandronum today and it says that i was banned from the master server.
I don't use dynamic ip by the way.

TerminusEst13
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

RE: Banned for no apparent reason

Post by TerminusEst13 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:08 pm

phpBB [video]
The [video] tag is deprecated, please use the [media] tag
You were caught cheating.
The Ranger - New class for HeXen.
ZDoom Wars - I drew some pictures.
Samsara - Some class-based mod I guess?
Metroid: Dreadnought - I am a dumb fanboy.
DemonSteele - ~come with me to anime world~

raziel_br
New User

Post by raziel_br » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:31 pm

Well, i noticed alot of strange things about this video. First, why there is no free look?
I mean, i use free look in all my games. Second, thats not the way i move around and aim.
And there is some considerations to made. First, i always play with the doom auto aim on. And second, my ping is very high, so there is a delay between what i see and what the guy specting me really sees. So considering that the server was unlagged (well at least i think it was unlagged) maybe that shots in the 'air' that still registered is because the enemy was actually there for me?
That second video just proves what i was trying say in my last reply. There is a lot of times that i shoot on nothing and still kill someone. I really think its because of some kind of delay. I mean, what i was really seeing on my screen was not same the guy recording was.
Last edited by raziel_br on Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ibm5155
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by ibm5155 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:11 pm

there's no freelook because it's a recorded demo, the demo doesn't record the look up and down movements (it only record from you or from the guy that you were f12ing I think)
EDIT:
If someone has like ping 300, so a recorded demo from a guy with ping like 10, if someone watch the demo and f12 he, is there a chance that what you see is actually not The same thing he was watching?, I mean that because like on 0:22 he indeed shoot the wall, but he was like 10 miliseconds to view where the player was, maybe he actually saw the player, but he was actually a "bit on the future"?
Last edited by ibm5155 on Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Projects
Cursed Maze: DONE, V2.0
Zombie Horde - ZM09 map update: [3/15/13]
Need help with English? Then you've come to the right place!

<this post is proof of "Decline">

Danzoa
Banned
Banned: Permanently

Post by Danzoa » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:26 pm

Tbh, I don't think it's Raziel in the first video either, seen the dude play, been in lots of deathmatches and pub ctf's with him.
He just doesn't move and aim that way indeed, second video, well it's 1 time in the entire video that he shoots a wall and happens to have been aiming at another person behind the corner, there were 2 people there too.

Considering I get that alot too because I prefire alot, should I be banned? don't know. Were the IP's of the player matching? Because I've been banned before for aimbotting because an american guy impersonated me while cheating, and later on they realized America and Belgium aren't the same thing.

Cyber'
Clan: The Professionals
Clan Tag: <PRO>

Post by Cyber' » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:01 pm

If raziel is pinging 210, in the instance of the 25 second mark, the player he was chasing was at the end of the hall turning right, so he fired on instinct. The player he chased died from someone else.

If Raquel has his own demo, it would give a better view of what was seen. Everything from the first video showed nothing, and we only have a single instance of suspicion, a late aim on a player who had already moved around the corner.
Last edited by Cyber' on Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Projects completed : PROCTF, Jump Maze, Tricky ST. RJX.Jump Maze X
Newest Project : Nothing at present.

Jumpmaze X post is here viewtopic.php?f=58&t=9981&p=115929#p115929
I always love these calm moments before the storm...

mifu
Clan: Demon RiderZ

Post by mifu » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:42 pm

Hi raziel_br

Do you have a demo on your end of either of those two matches being displayed on this thread?
Last edited by mifu on Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ibm5155
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by ibm5155 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:43 pm

It's funny, this fag Always try to offend me and nothing happens like warnings '-'
inb4 I get a warning by my low level word
Projects
Cursed Maze: DONE, V2.0
Zombie Horde - ZM09 map update: [3/15/13]
Need help with English? Then you've come to the right place!

<this post is proof of "Decline">

raziel_br
New User

Post by raziel_br » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:06 am

mifu wrote: Hi raziel_br

Do you have a demo on your end of either of those two matches being displayed on this thread?
Unfortunately, i don't have. If i knew early that there was suspicions about me i would surely have did one. But since i was abruptly and arbitrarily banned without even the chance to defend myself, i couldn't have done a video in time. And i can't do one now because im banned, so i can't even play the game just to record a video.
Last edited by raziel_br on Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Danzoa
Banned
Banned: Permanently

Post by Danzoa » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:27 am

raziel_br wrote:

Unfortunately, i don't have. If i knew early that there was suspicions about me i would surely have did one. But since i was abruptly and arbitrarily banned without even the chance to defend myself, i couldn't have done a video in time. And i can't do one now because im banned, so i can't even play the game just to record a video.
Ay, how about we duel it out and you record a demo and I do as well, if what Decay is talking about happens we'll find out during the game.

Considering I saw your aim being pretty on-target alot during those videos, you'd be a good match for me, certainly good enough to get on par on maps like Shoot or SSL2.

If however your aim is really inconsistent and you are unable to hit me MANY times, unlike how many shots you land in your videos, I'll begin to have my doubts as well.

raziel_br
New User

Post by raziel_br » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:32 am

Danzoa wrote:
raziel_br wrote:

Ay, how about we duel it out and you record a demo and I do as well, if what Decay is talking about happens we'll find out during the game.

Considering I saw your aim being pretty on-target alot during those videos, you'd be a good match for me, certainly good enough to get on par on maps like Shoot or SSL2.

If however your aim is really inconsistent and you are unable to hit me MANY times, unlike how many shots you land in your videos, I'll begin to have my doubts as well.
Sounds good to me.

The Toxic Avenger
Forum Staff
Clan: ???
Clan Tag: [???]

Post by The Toxic Avenger » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:14 am

I initially didn't think there was enough evidence, but looking at it again, yeah, you blew it.

Not to mention in pubctf a day or so later you played nothing like this, which doesn't help your case either

raziel_br
New User

Post by raziel_br » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:56 am

The Toxic Avenger wrote: I initially didn't think there was enough evidence, but looking at it again, yeah, you blew it.

Not to mention in pubctf a day or so later you played nothing like this, which doesn't help your case either
Its hard to play consistently good every day, you know. Some days you play good and in some others you play bad. It happens when you are just a human being.
Well i still think that those videos proves nothing. As me and some other guys here stated, there was a clear difference between my ping and that of the guy who was recording. So its obvious that there will be a serious desynchronization anomaly, as shown in the video. Of course it looks like i was killing people that was not directly in my aim. Its because to me the enemy was really there, while to the guy recording, he has already moved away from that position.
Last edited by raziel_br on Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

mifu
Clan: Demon RiderZ

Post by mifu » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:59 pm

Hey folks.

We have reviewed raziel's case with the various demos we had got and it has been agreed on that theres not much evidence showing the cheating. In this case Raziel, your ban has been removed and you should be able to play again in 15 minutes since this post.

I do apologize for any play time lost.
Also as per your request raziel, I'll lock the thread.